• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Bandai Namco DLC Discussion!

Who would you want the most?

• Total voters

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
Yo!

So I made this thread to support the Bandai Namco characters as dlc for ultimate. (If there's a thread like this already, let me know i'll take this down.) I wanna be clear that I do think we will get a Namco rep. as dlc. For 2 reasons, Bandai Namco is helping out with this project again, It's likely that we'll see some kind of Namco representation like we did in smash 4. Going into that Pacman was the only character we got to represent Namco, he was a no brainer though, basically a lock in. Not saying that was a bad thing but I felt like there was a lot of missed opportunities and ideas that could've been built in that factor. Plus, it seems like we're getting 2 or more reps for every 3rd party. We got 2 for Sega and 3 for Capcom, 3 Konami and there's credible sources that we're getting another Square enix character. So this leaves Namco with just 1 rep, I don't think that make sense. Here are some characters that I think these characters would be great for the game and would fit in pretty well. (Note: I do not think spirits deconfirm fighters) I can't think of a lot of Namco characters when I think about them for a pick in smash but here are the ones that I think are unique and popular enough to make it in. Not in order btw.

-Llyod Irving: Llyod is from Tales of Symphonia, a really popular game in Japan. Lloyd is most recognizable in the western audience though. It's been around since 1995 and had 16 games, core titles. It's very successful and he is a known character in gaming, most playing his game on this gamecube back in the day. Lloyd was also in Smash Flash 1 & 2 and many got attached and loved this character. Plus it's confirmed that Tales of Vesperia is coming to switch, which I think increases his chances. He can use melee attacks like in ssf2 and use some of his moves like Sonic Thrust and Sword Rain and make it into a moveset. I think he has a 80% chance of making it.

-Heihachi (or Jin) I feel like I don't have to explain this one too much. Heihachi is from Tekken. One of the biggest fighting game franchises of all time. It's extremely popular in the fighting game community and is still played by many many people to this day. Literally has more sales than any fighting game and it influenced 3d fighting games since it launched in 1994. Namco and Nintendo has a really good relationship as well, so I don't see a worry about Nintendo picking characters and whatnot. Plus, the biggest thing is that Sakurai actually considered Heihachi, but didn't end up adding him because he didn't know how he would implement his moveset. And we had a mii costume for him. Despite all this Heihachi is used in a lot of promotion for Tekken, being Namco's biggest fighting game on the market. (However, I wouldn't be surprised if I see them going with Jin instead.) 98%.

-Taizo Hori (Dig Dug) This one I'm not too sure about. But there's definitely a chance he could appear as a figher. Dig Dug was very popular in Japan and the west when the arcade machines were out and it was on a couple of home consoles before he got booted. Appearing on the Atari and some PCs, this could help revive his series and I do not think Namco would not consider doing that. However, Dig Dug hasn't been relevant in a while and I'm not sure if many gamers from today would know who he his, he's a retro character. He could have a cool moveset, Sakurai always comes up with new moves for characters or even new movesets, since he's been doing it since Smash 64. Honestly, I really can't tell how likely he his. I'd say 50% out of 100.

-The Prince (Katamari Damacy) Honestly, I don't think this one will get in as much as the other characters, but I really want this addition. The Prince is from Katamari Damacy, a 3d puzzle game that released in 2004. Real reason I think he could make it is because of Katamari Damacy Reroll on the switch. Just the thought about it many me realize how perfect he'd be for smash, from the way he looks and how he plays in his games. It would be cool to see him roll people with a big ball and they get stuck on the ground like Inklings side-b. He could you his ball to recover and as a projectile. It's just neat to think about the possibilities and what Sakurai would do to these characters and how they'd play in smash. Still, he has a chance. Anyways, I'd say he has like a 30% chance. Not too likely but very cool idea.

-Klonoa Klonoa seems like an obvious pick at first but they're are many thing holding him back from the spotlight, However that doesn't mean he would'nt fit in at all. He's an anthropomorphic mammal that ressembles a cat or a rabbit or something, perfect for smash! His moveset can be really unique being a picking you up and throwing you everywhere type of fighter, with some basic attacks like punches and kicks. I do admit the inflating part of his moves has to be tweeked quite a bit but can still be incorporated well. He's very popular, requested by many many people and Artsy Omni did his first Smash 4 render on him. However, his games kinda flopped as of lately. With the remake that was on the Wii basically failing, Namco decided not to do the other sequels because it would be too expensive, therefore making them uncertain what to do with this character as he was even dropped from crossovers, such as Project X Zone. There's some that I've missed but I'll let you guys decide on who those are. It's unclear to know if Bandai Namco would even request Klonoa to be a fighter in Smash, but he is very memoriable. Just not iconic enough. He's really unique though and has a dedicated fanbase. Maybe something can come out of that. I'd say he has a 50% chance of making it tbvh.

KOS-MOS: I really think KOS-MOS has a chance in getting in. She's from Xenosaga, an RPG made by Monolift and BN. She has a great design for Smash IMO, she a great fighter in her games and is the main character. She's appeared in a few crossovers with Nintendo, with projects like Project X Zone and Xenoblade Chronicles 2, appearing as a rare blade. She's not as popular as like, Heihachi per say but she has a really dedicated fan base and I know it'll blow people's minds if she got in as character. It wouldn't be too hard coming up with a moveset for her, she could use moves like her R-Cannon, G-Shot, D Tooth, Ice Crest, F -Scythe etc. Anyway, I think she has a real good shot of making it as a character, I think she has a 80% of making it.

What do you think, will we see another Namco rep?

Last edited:

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
Oi! Where's Klonoa?!?
Didn't think of him! And he looks like he belongs in Smash too, I barely played Klonoa but i've seen a very loyal fanbase and from modded Smash and that Artsy Omni render he looks like he belongs in the Smash cast, but I don't know how popular Klonoa actually is. I'll be sure to research and edit him in.

nirvanafan

Smash Champion
Premium
I think KOS-MOS has a decent chance too, I doubt it would ever happen but Geolyte would be cool too.

VashTehStampede

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
8506-1485-4895
Got a perfect video in my signature for why Lloyd's chances are super high, and ESPECIALLY with the new rumors that are out

neus

Smash Rookie
What are your thoughts on it possibly being Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia? The definitive edition is coming to the switch and all

Christian_CAO

Smash Apprentice
What are your thoughts on it possibly being Yuri Lowell from Tales of Vesperia? The definitive edition is coming to the switch and all
Yuri Lowell is okay, I suppose. Though I'd prefer Lloyd. Besides the obvious male lead tropes that Lloyd possesses (dimwitted, clumsy, naive, etc), he is a bit of a "Mary-sue".

Yuri is the opposite of Lloyd in many aspects and his "development" and place in the story feels more engaging in Vesperia, than what Lloyd adds to Symphonia. Most of that is due to Yuri being a trained "adult" with more development to work off of and present, while Lloyd is literally a child just starting out on his journey but most 'Tales of' Leading protags are children or at least young adults.

I feel that Luke from Abyss is a good middle ground between them for a tales rep, but honestly that could be filled by any lead from Cress to Stahn or even Leon Magnus when he was considered more popular in Destiny despite players starting as Stahn (he's an idiot shonen protag, so I see why people would prefer the "straightman" Yuri to the fool ) and he gets his staring role in Rays.

Yuri and Lloyd are poster boys for the franchise honestly. The west likes Lloyd more while Japan likes Yuri more. Yuri is honestly the most popular Tales character in Japan. He's topped the polls along side Leon Magnus plenty of times. Both Leon and Yuri are in the hall of fame forever since they've topped too many times. Now Mikleo from Zestria is number one in those popularity polls, Though Luke is currently placing in third so maybe Nintendo will follow popularity/ relevancy for their pick. 2018's poll might change that though when it comes out...

In my opinion, Yuri is the more "interesting" individual as a personality compared to Lloyd. We have enough cheerful and upbeat swordsmen in the game so Lloyd is a child and adds nothing there, while Yuri is a sarcastically cynical adult. However, fighting style is where I would begin to prefer Lloyd.

Lloyd is a dual wielding swordsman while Yuri just uses a single blade (sometimes an axe instead but c'mon). We have plenty of fire emblem representatives who have over saturated that role. Only Pit could be considered a dual wielding swordsman. Lloyd brings a bit more there for the sake of diversity, though Nintendo doesn't care about diversity at all, see Fire emblem reps all being solitary swordsman in some way shape or form, despite the slew of characters available to them with different weapons and fighting styles to choose from.

With Nintendo on the helm of it, I could see Yuri getting in over Lloyd. However, if they follow the recent polls and ignore the hall of fame....Mikleo is an interesting character moveset wise...water elemental and staff user and all that...he's an angel of sorts to boot so he could have some interesting interactions with Pit and Palutena in the Guidance clips if they add any for dlc characters (they should but probably wont). Not saying they won't fall back on Yuri or Leon with how "easy" it would be to use a current fire emblem reps skeleton tree as a base and go with that instead of trying something "new" with a character.

Lloyd being a dual wielder is his only saving grace for being yet another sword wielding anime protag.

Edit:

Main topic though... Where is Klonoa in this list? .-.
I mean yeah, the Wii remake of Door to Phantomile was a swing and a miss and his relevancy is reduced to tales of games references before that remake that didn't sell well in Japan because people forgot how marketing works, especially for legacy characters original appearances. Changing his design was a mistake and it hurt them. Klonoa is well liked in Japan but they really should have pushed for a remake and a new game instead of falling back on a Nostalgia grab. We haven't seen anything for him in 10 years since that Wii remake, so I doubt Nintendo even has Klonoa on their radar. It's fine that you didn't consider him, it's just disheartening that he's even forgotten by gamers as well, for fans of the franchise.

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
I would go Lloyd. Fairly popular from the series and debuted on a Nintendo console. Plus, dual wielding could be cool.

GhostYB

Smash Apprentice
Yuri Lowell is okay, I suppose. Though I'd prefer Lloyd. Besides the obvious male lead tropes that Lloyd possesses (dimwitted, clumsy, naive, etc), he is a bit of a "Mary-sue".

Yuri is the opposite of Lloyd in many aspects and his "development" and place in the story feels more engaging in Vesperia, than what Lloyd adds to Symphonia. Most of that is due to Yuri being a trained "adult" with more development to work off of and present, while Lloyd is literally a child just starting out on his journey but most 'Tales of' Leading protags are children or at least young adults.

I feel that Luke from Abyss is a good middle ground between them for a tales rep, but honestly that could be filled by any lead from Cress to Stahn or even Leon Magnus when he was considered more popular in Destiny despite players starting as Stahn (he's an idiot shonen protag, so I see why people would prefer the "straightman" Yuri to the fool ) and he gets his staring role in Rays.

Yuri and Lloyd are poster boys for the franchise honestly. The west likes Lloyd more while Japan likes Yuri more. Yuri is honestly the most popular Tales character in Japan. He's topped the polls along side Leon Magnus plenty of times. Both Leon and Yuri are in the hall of fame forever since they've topped too many times. Now Mikleo from Zestria is number one in those popularity polls, Though Luke is currently placing in third so maybe Nintendo will follow popularity/ relevancy for their pick. 2018's poll might change that though when it comes out...

In my opinion, Yuri is the more "interesting" individual as a personality compared to Lloyd. We have enough cheerful and upbeat swordsmen in the game so Lloyd is a child and adds nothing there, while Yuri is a sarcastically cynical adult. However, fighting style is where I would begin to prefer Lloyd.

Lloyd is a dual wielding swordsman while Yuri just uses a single blade (sometimes an axe instead but c'mon). We have plenty of fire emblem representatives who have over saturated that role. Only Pit could be considered a dual wielding swordsman. Lloyd brings a bit more there for the sake of diversity, though Nintendo doesn't care about diversity at all, see Fire emblem reps all being solitary swordsman in some way shape or form, despite the slew of characters available to them with different weapons and fighting styles to choose from.

With Nintendo on the helm of it, I could see Yuri getting in over Lloyd. However, if they follow the recent polls and ignore the hall of fame....Mikleo is an interesting character moveset wise...water elemental and staff user and all that...he's an angel of sorts to boot so he could have some interesting interactions with Pit and Palutena in the Guidance clips if they add any for dlc characters (they should but probably wont). Not saying they won't fall back on Yuri or Leon with how "easy" it would be to use a current fire emblem reps skeleton tree as a base and go with that instead of trying something "new" with a character.

Lloyd being a dual wielder is his only saving grace for being yet another sword wielding anime protag.

Edit:

Main topic though... Where is Klonoa in this list? .-.
I mean yeah, the Wii remake of Door to Phantomile was a swing and a miss and his relevancy is reduced to tales of games references before that remake that didn't sell well in Japan because people forgot how marketing works, especially for legacy characters original appearances. Changing his design was a mistake and it hurt them. Klonoa is well liked in Japan but they really should have pushed for a remake and a new game instead of falling back on a Nostalgia grab. We haven't seen anything for him in 10 years since that Wii remake, so I doubt Nintendo even has Klonoa on their radar. It's fine that you didn't consider him, it's just disheartening that he's even forgotten by gamers as well, for fans of the franchise.
Honestly, I just forgot about em. He doesn't come up to my mind too much, since I haven't really played much of his games, but the thought of him always makes me excited. But a great pick for smash no doubt. I edited the post and included him to show his support!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No KOS-MOS? :c

Eh, I’ll vote Lloyd either way

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
In your point about the other third-parties getting multiple reps, I wouldn't trust leaks about the Square Enix rep since Cloud was the last veteran to get developed and there's a shortage of Square Enix content in Ultimate showing how stingy Square is. The Square rep rumor could have came from the attempts to get Cloud in. But with Bandai-Namco, it makes perfect sense for them to have a new rep. They did help develop Ultimate, so maybe they would want a few newcomers of their own? I think it's Heihachi. He was a Mii costume in Smash 4, but if they are not doing third-party Mii costumes in Ultimate, then he can at least be a DLC fighter. The only reference to him is a new sprite in Pac-Man's Namco taunt, and as we've learned from Chrom's return in Robin's Final Smash, a moveset doesn't deconfirm a character.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
KOS-MOS of course. She should be on this list. Shame...

Copy pasted from my thread

Honestly? I'm still convinced KOS-MOS might be in.

Her chances, IMO are looking much better now than it was before. Joker has just proven that as he got in with a single appearance on Nintendo and it's a Japan only game. With this in mind, KOS-MOS's chances are good. She appeared on various Nintendo crossover games and her main series had 1 and 2 on ds even though Japan only it seems to be enough for her to get in. But, imo it doesn't really matter in the long run as KOS-MOS is popular enough with her Xenoblade 2 cameo.

For the most part.... I have made various arguments for KOS-MOS as a fighter but I think today she's more or less confirmed to be in the plans for dlc. This is just my speculation but...... Reggie explained in an interview with IGN yesterday about Joker that Sakurai wants unique picks and different picks. If we take this quote at face value then Sakurai already knows about KOS-MOS's uniqueness as he played Xenoblade 2 and without a doubt knows that Xenoblade 2 was marketed with KOS-MOS in mind.

Here's the quote from Reggie: “It's emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC,” Fils-Aime told IGN. “He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it's going to be tremendously exciting.” “Mr. Sakurai, he's not only a student of Nintendo franchises, and obviously he's had his hand in a few, but he's a student of video games from a total perspective,” Fils-Aime said. “And so he's been the driver in really thinking about what type of character coming into Ultimate"

What we can note: KOS-MOS is unique and she offers a variety of different weapons and would make a very versatile fighter. She's a crossover queen for Namco and Namco's other fighters already fight like characters in the game. Heihachi would not be unique unless they could fully implement tekken juggles in his moveset. I think Sakurai wants to avoid putting Heihachi in the game because he'd fight too much like Ryu (this is my speculation). Lloyd? Oh boy oh boy while Lloyd would offer a unique moveset of two swords.... it would not be on the level of KOS-MOS (maybe i'm biased) but Lloyd would be another sword fighter. Again... this is just putting emphasis on Reggie's quote. He says Sakurai is a student of gaming in general and we don't have a Namco rep. I feel if Sakurai REALLY wanted Lloyd then he would have done it a long time ago with the mii costume transition. I just dont think Heihachi and Lloyd even compare to the uniqueness KOS-MOS would offer.

But... I definitely do believe the odds are in KOS-MOS's favour now especially after this interview. KOS-MOS would really be a Sakurai pick and he couldn't get Rex in. KOS-MOS was already around long before Rex so let's think about it for a minute.

Source: https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/12...blematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach

I just want to state that I dont have anything against Heihachi or Lloyd as Namco fighters. I just feel KOS-MOS is most unique. Lloyd would be cool with arts like demon fang, tiger blade etc but ultimately to me he'd just be another sword fighter. KOS-MOS could be that unique fighter that brings a very unique playstyle to the table.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
I think only Pac-Man, Heihachi, and Jin are the only really big icons Namco has currently. Everyone else seems a bit too niche.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
KOS-MOS of course. She should be on this list. Shame...

Copy pasted from my thread

Honestly? I'm still convinced KOS-MOS might be in.

Her chances, IMO are looking much better now than it was before. Joker has just proven that as he got in with a single appearance on Nintendo and it's a Japan only game. With this in mind, KOS-MOS's chances are good. She appeared on various Nintendo crossover games and her main series had 1 and 2 on ds even though Japan only it seems to be enough for her to get in. But, imo it doesn't really matter in the long run as KOS-MOS is popular enough with her Xenoblade 2 cameo.

For the most part.... I have made various arguments for KOS-MOS as a fighter but I think today she's more or less confirmed to be in the plans for dlc. This is just my speculation but...... Reggie explained in an interview with IGN yesterday about Joker that Sakurai wants unique picks and different picks. If we take this quote at face value then Sakurai already knows about KOS-MOS's uniqueness as he played Xenoblade 2 and without a doubt knows that Xenoblade 2 was marketed with KOS-MOS in mind.

Here's the quote from Reggie: “It's emblematic of the approach that Mr. Sakurai and the team are taking with the DLC,” Fils-Aime told IGN. “He wants characters that are unique, different, to bring them into the Smash Bros. environment. So it's going to be tremendously exciting.” “Mr. Sakurai, he's not only a student of Nintendo franchises, and obviously he's had his hand in a few, but he's a student of video games from a total perspective,” Fils-Aime said. “And so he's been the driver in really thinking about what type of character coming into Ultimate"

What we can note: KOS-MOS is unique and she offers a variety of different weapons and would make a very versatile fighter. She's a crossover queen for Namco and Namco's other fighters already fight like characters in the game. Heihachi would not be unique unless they could fully implement tekken juggles in his moveset. I think Sakurai wants to avoid putting Heihachi in the game because he'd fight too much like Ryu (this is my speculation). Lloyd? Oh boy oh boy while Lloyd would offer a unique moveset of two swords.... it would not be on the level of KOS-MOS (maybe i'm biased) but Lloyd would be another sword fighter. Again... this is just putting emphasis on Reggie's quote. He says Sakurai is a student of gaming in general and we don't have a Namco rep. I feel if Sakurai REALLY wanted Lloyd then he would have done it a long time ago with the mii costume transition. I just dont think Heihachi and Lloyd even compare to the uniqueness KOS-MOS would offer.

But... I definitely do believe the odds are in KOS-MOS's favour now especially after this interview. KOS-MOS would really be a Sakurai pick and he couldn't get Rex in. KOS-MOS was already around long before Rex so let's think about it for a minute.

Source: https://ca.ign.com/articles/2018/12...blematic-of-smash-bros-ultimates-dlc-approach

I just want to state that I dont have anything against Heihachi or Lloyd as Namco fighters. I just feel KOS-MOS is most unique. Lloyd would be cool with arts like demon fang, tiger blade etc but ultimately to me he'd just be another sword fighter. KOS-MOS could be that unique fighter that brings a very unique playstyle to the table.
So is KOS-MOS a part of the Xenoblade universe owned by Namco in the same way Geno is a Mario character owned by Square Enix?

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
So is KOS-MOS a part of the Xenoblade universe owned by Namco in the same way Geno is a Mario character owned by Square Enix?
She's not part of Xenoblade. She's part of Xenosaga and is owned by Namco. Monolith Soft designed her but Namco owns her since Monolith moved on to Nintendo back in 2012. They have a really good relationship which made her appear in xenoblade 2 and other titles. Basically, Namco cares a lot about KOS-MOS or they wouldn't use her in anything and they obviously care a lot about her creators at Monolith soft even though KOS-MOS is Namco's.

D

Deleted member

Yo!

So I made this thread to support the Bandai Namco characters as dlc for ultimate. (If there's a thread like this already, let me know i'll take this down.) I wanna be clear that I do think we will get a Namco rep. as dlc. For 2 reasons, Bandai Namco is helping out with this project again, It's likely that we'll see some kind of Namco representation like we did in smash 4. Going into that Pacman was the only character we got to represent Namco, he was a no brainer though, basically a lock in. Not saying that was a bad thing but I felt like there was a lot of missed opportunities and ideas that could've been built in that factor. Plus, it seems like we're getting 2 or more reps for every 3rd party. We got 2 for Sega and 3 for Capcom, 3 Konami and there's credible sources that we're getting another Square enix character. So this leaves Namco with just 1 rep, I don't think that make sense. Here are some characters that I think these characters would be great for the game and would fit in pretty well. (Note: I do not think spirits deconfirm fighters) I can't think of a lot of Namco characters when I think about them for a pick in smash but here are the ones that I think are unique and popular enough to make it in. Not in order btw.

-Llyod Irving: Llyod is from Tales of Symphonia, a really popular game in Japan. Lloyd is most recognizable in the western audience though. It's been around since 1995 and had 16 games, core titles. It's very successful and he is a known character in gaming, most playing his game on this gamecube back in the day. Lloyd was also in Smash Flash 1 & 2 and many got attached and loved this character. Plus it's confirmed that Tales of Vesperia is coming to switch, which I think increases his chances. He can use melee attacks like in ssf2 and use some of his moves like Sonic Thrust and Sword Rain and make it into a moveset. I think he has a 80% chance of making it.

-Heihachi (or Jin) I feel like I don't have to explain this one too much. Heihachi is from Tekken. One of the biggest fighting game franchises of all time. It's extremely popular in the fighting game community and is still played by many many people to this day. Literally has more sales than any fighting game and it influenced 3d fighting games since it launched in 1994. Namco and Nintendo has a really good relationship as well, so I don't see a worry about Nintendo picking characters and whatnot. Plus, the biggest thing is that Sakurai actually considered Heihachi, but didn't end up adding him because he didn't know how he would implement his moveset. And we had a mii costume for him. Despite all this Heihachi is used in a lot of promotion for Tekken, being Namco's biggest fighting game on the market. (However, I wouldn't be surprised if I see them going with Jin instead.) 98%.

-Taizo Hori (Dig Dug) This one I'm not too sure about. But there's definitely a chance he could appear as a figher. Dig Dug was very popular in Japan and the west when the arcade machines were out and it was on a couple of home consoles before he got booted. Appearing on the Atari and some PCs, this could help revive his series and I do not think Namco would not consider doing that. However, Dig Dug hasn't been relevant in a while and I'm not sure if many gamers from today would know who he his, he's a retro character. He could have a cool moveset, Sakurai always comes up with new moves for characters or even new movesets, since he's been doing it since Smash 64. Honestly, I really can't tell how likely he his. I'd say 50% out of 100.

-The Prince (Katamari Damacy) Honestly, I don't think this one will get in as much as the other characters, but I really want this addition. The Prince is from Katamari Damacy, a 3d puzzle game that released in 2004. Real reason I think he could make it is because of Katamari Damacy Reroll on the switch. Just the thought about it many me realize how perfect he'd be for smash, from the way he looks and how he plays in his games. It would be cool to see him roll people with a big ball and they get stuck on the ground like Inklings side-b. He could you his ball to recover and as a projectile. It's just neat to think about the possibilities and what Sakurai would do to these characters and how they'd play in smash. Still, he has a chance. Anyways, I'd say he has like a 30% chance. Not too likely but very cool idea.

-Klonoa Klonoa seems like an obvious pick at first but they're are many thing holding him back from the spotlight, However that doesn't mean he would'nt fit in at all. He's an anthropomorphic mammal that ressembles a cat or a rabbit or something, perfect for smash! His moveset can be really unique being a picking you up and throwing you everywhere type of fighter, with some basic attacks like punches and kicks. I do admit the inflating part of his moves has to be tweeked quite a bit but can still be incorporated well. He's very popular, requested by many many people and Artsy Omni did his first Smash 4 render on him. However, his games kinda flopped as of lately. With the remake that was on the Wii basically failing, Namco decided not to do the other sequels because it would be too expensive, therefore making them uncertain what to do with this character as he was even dropped from crossovers, such as Project X Zone. There's some that I've missed but I'll let you guys decide on who those are. It's unclear to know if Bandai Namco would even request Klonoa to be a fighter in Smash, but he is very memoriable. Just not iconic enough. He's really unique though and has a dedicated fanbase. Maybe something can come out of that. I'd say he has a 50% chance of making it tbvh.

What do you think, will we see another Namco rep?
Actually, there is something you are forgeting...

ANIME VIDEO GAMES

to name a few:

Google Search

Naruto
One Piece
Dragon Ball
Digimon
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online

etc etc

Obviously Anime chars have a really low chance, but they aren't impossible. Joker and the FE chars all have that anime feeling, so anime characters aren't out of the equation just yet.

Sean Wheeler

Smash Lord
Actually, there is something you are forgeting...

ANIME VIDEO GAMES

to name a few:

Google Search

Naruto
One Piece
Dragon Ball
Digimon
Soul Eater
Sword Art Online

etc etc

Obviously Anime chars have a really low chance, but they aren't impossible. Joker and the FE chars all have that anime feeling, so anime characters aren't out of the equation just yet.
Persona 5 and Fire Emblem are video games, not anime. And those anime shows will need permission from more companies than Bandai-Namco to get into Smash. For example, Dragon Ball requires permission from Shueisha, Toei Animation, Funimation and Akira Toriyama if you want the likes of Goku in the game.

Cetus

Smash Apprentice
I'd love Klonoa and Kos-Mos, rest I'm sort of meh about. Though, Kos-Mos would probably be Smash 4 Bayonetta on steroids so...

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I thinking giving Heihachi 98% is too much. If anything I'd say he'd be around Lloyd or less especially being his voice actor is dead.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Digimon started as a game series that spun-off into a lot of Manga and Anime. Strange not to see that among the list of various video game characters. Agumon's generally the main pick for anyone in Smash. Pretty much one of the two mascots(the other is Greymon, which the logo is loosely based upon).

frozolloyd

Smash Apprentice
I personally hope its either Yuri or Lloyd for the rep, with Lloyd being the rep I would prefer. And in my opinion, a tales rep is looking decently likely due to Heihachi being part of pac man's taunt roulette, although for Tekken they could go Jin instead. Either way, I 100 percent agree that Bandai Namco deserves another rep for all the good work they have done on the game. On a side note: in your write up you say "Llyod Irving: Llyod is from Tales of Symphonia," when it is spelled "Lloyd".

Top Bottom