• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. to appear at San Diego Comic-Con (Special Surpise, but don't get your hopes up)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman
Hoping it's not wario whose revealed today,I'd rather have a new comer.
Simple fix.

Huge trailer. Reveals Wario, R.O.B, Ness, Lucas, a Doctor Mario alt for Mario, and 2 newcomers. 7 minutes of glorious Smash.
Any newcomer would be cool
You guys are really needy. We just got three characters revealed this month including a newcomer and by all means a clone. Why not just ask for a simple single character?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You guys are really needy. We just got three characters revealed this month including a newcomer and by all means a clone. Why not just ask for a simple single character?
Hey! Whoa buddy. I was mostly joking. I don't expect a 7 minute anything ever when it comes to Smash.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Probably a reveal to close the tournament. Sakurai's a troll like that.
Just think, the grand finals are over and everyone's starting to leave, but then you hear the smash bros logo with the flames pop up and the challenger approaching siren wailing in the background. The lights dim, and the announcement begins.

Our big surprise..... is that the Wii U version of Smash is pushed into 2015. Oh yeah, and Daisy is a playable character.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
The anniversary reveal theory has only happened once, with Peach. There were countless other major anniversaries that would be the ideal time to reveal a vet, like Ice Climbers, that Sakurai has just glanced over.
January 8th: Lucario revealed
January 30th: Brawl 6th Anniversary (Sakurai said this (look at the first comment) with Lucario's announcement, which kinda confirms it was because of Brawl's Anniversary)

February 13th: Little Mac revealed February 13th.
February 2014: Punch-Out Arcade 30th Anniversary.

April 8th: Zero-Suit Samus revealed
April 8th: Metroid Zero Mission 10th Anniversary.

July 14th: Captain Falcon revealed
July 14th: F-Zero X 16th Anniversary

Just think, the grand finals are over and everyone's starting to leave, but then you hear the smash bros logo with the flames pop up and the challenger approaching siren wailing in the background. The lights dim, and the announcement begins.
Everyone would be like,

Last edited:

Oatmeal.

Part of a balanced breakfast.
I'm not expecting anything big. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if it was nothing. Don't get your hopes up too high, people.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'm not expecting anything big. Really, I wouldn't be surprised if it was nothing. Don't get your hopes up too high, people.
God why did at first glance did I read "Im not expecting anything big, Ridley,"

His name popping up so much is making me see him all over the place now, even when hes not even there. ugh.

But before this turns into that kind of topic, lets return to the SDCC talk. I for one, dont think anything is going to happen.

juddy96

Smash Lord
We all love Smash bros right? Lets just watch and enjoy the tournament, and if anything gets announced, its a bonus!

HeavyLobster

Smash Champion
NNID
HeavyLobster43
I predict either Mother 3 or a villains trailer prominently featuring Wario and Ganondorf.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
January 30th: Brawl 6th Anniversary (Sakurai said this (look at the first comment) with Lucario's announcement, which kinda confirms it was because of Brawl's Anniversary)

Everyone would be like,

If this is true...than who are we expecting next to be revealed?

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
I'll watch some gameplay despite not getting the 3DS version. Might as well have a few extra sneak peaks.

Hopefully some of the characters I haven't seen as much like Luigi (Is he there:?), Samus, Toon Link or Sheik show up.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'll watch some gameplay despite not getting the 3DS version. Might as well have a few extra sneak peaks.

Hopefully some of the characters I haven't seen as much like Luigi (Is he there:?), Samus, Toon Link or Sheik show up.
Yeah Luigi was on the 3DS version's demo (assuming they will use that one.)

And yeah, a live stream link would be very much appreciated.

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
Oh so that is what getting ninja'd means.

Well It is comic-con so a character reveal isint out of the question, but I have a feeling it'll be guest coming on to talk about the game. I'm happy with just the tournament.

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813

Everyone would be like,

Too bad they never did that at the smash tournament at E3 with Pacman.

(Because behind closed doors via tweets is so much more hype inducing, Sakurai -.-)

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm interested in seeing stages we haven't really seen before. We might also see some assist trophies we haven't before.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Is the stream not on Youtube? I want to watch it on the Wii U live, but it doesn't seem to work with Twitch. It alway's works with youtube.
It does work with Twitch just not the first time. You have to click on the video hit close when it doesn't work and then click on the video again. After that it works fine.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
If this is true...than who are we expecting next to be revealed?
Wario because of yesterday (and that eShop "leak") R.O.B. because of tomorrow, Dr. Mario as an alt because of Sunday, and/or Ness because of Sunday.

gamer8

Smash Lord
Even if nothing happens I'm looking forward to the tournament. Hope to see Luigi and Yoshi do well.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Wario because of yesterday (and that eShop "leak") R.O.B. because of tomorrow, Dr. Mario as an alt because of Sunday, and/or Ness because of Sunday.
If Doc is going to be a Mario alt then I hope Mario has pills as a customize special. It's going to be so wrong playing him again if he doesn't bring the pharmaceutical.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
The stream's waiting music is surprisingly calming.

FalconSoup

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShadowMetal
3DS FC
4511-0759-5924
Switch FC
SW 7216 6722 4029
Whew! Made it just in time. I'm always late.
I'd like to see Peach, but she isn't in the demo, so I can't wait to see some Sheik action!
And Zelda too, but I doubt anyone will play as her...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Hearing the Wii U menu noises this long is making me wish they'd speed it up already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom