• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Sterilized aka "The End of Smash" "Wii Sports: SSB" "SSB goes Pop"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
Wait. The old dead horse died again?

**** IT YOU WHINERS I'LL GET YOU AND ALL YOUR ******** GENERIC POST FOR THIS!!!

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
U ok?

Anyway. I'm glad you agree with me about the SE co op stuff. Really that's a big one. The other stuff I mentioned might be useful to digest before going cuckoo like that, though. Did you read the whole post?
I did. The other stuff wasn't really flame worthy.
'Cept for Sonic.
He's a great addition. Please burn in hell.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well aren't we Mr. Wittywitmeisterwitchowski?
Are we?

Let's keep this topic civil. I thought SWF was better than this.
Ah, ye olde "you should be ashamed of yourselves, for bashing my creative and intelligent thread" attitude. Well, perhaps you could have read other threads that pretty much said the same things, and were either closed or discussed to a point where the horse came back to life to be beaten again.

Look, I'm not trolling, I'm just sad that Sakurai and co has taken this series in this direction, even though I expected they would all along.

And no, I didn't want Melee 2.0. E for All and these vids are painting a very disturbing picture of this game FOR ME. Seriously I can't be the only one that felt wierd watching some of those co op vid. It did not look fun AT ALL TO ME. It looked awkward and...abrupt TO ME. I am going to play it though. I'll make it a Blockbuster night, just to confirm my suspicions.
Ah, looks much better with those added. See, of course some people will share your views on the game, and they probably won't buy it either. Who knows if they will -or won't- change their opinions when they finally test it for themselves. If not, you're welcome to join Mew2King and Dylan and keep playing melee, no one will hate you for that.

So many times it happens too fast
You trade your passion for glory
don't lose your grip on the dreams of the Smash
Brawl must fight just to keep them alive
[/SIZE]

It's the eye of the Smasher
it's the thrill of the fight
Rising up to the challenge of our rivals
and the five stock survivor taunts his prey in the night
and hes watching us all with the eye...OF THE SMASHER.

YUO R TEH WITZORZ. Cheers!

Your thread wasn't bashed because it was dumb, but because its criticisms have been given countless times already.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Always the same thing in these threads.

It's another one who says he doesn't like Brawl.
Destroy the non-believer!!

Jazriel

Smash Ace
Interesting how my pointless thread got locked, but this by far worse thread has 4 pages. Not only that, but the whole purpose of my thread got overlooked, and the exact same crime goes unpunished....

Typical incompetent populace. And guy who made the thread, stfu. Brawl is going to be a good game.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
I did. The other stuff wasn't really flame worthy.
'Cept for Sonic.
He's a great addition. Please be my friend.
Sure.

Anyhoo, why shouldn't I have an opinion about what I've seen? Isn't that what the convention was about? This game will be an enormous commercial success, obviously. Unfortunately the nintendo's ravenous hunger for a new audience has obviously infected this game. If there was a wii sports game based on melee it would be this. The videos make this disturbingly clear. Sure, it will be fun, I don't doubt that. But they're replacing quality with sheer content and hoping no one notices. Few will, but I do.

burrito

Smash Lord
Anyhoo, why shouldn't I have an opinion about what I've seen? Isn't that what the convention was about? This game will be an enormous commercial success, obviously. Unfortunately the nintendo's ravenous hunger for a new audience has obviously infected this game. If there was a wii sports game based on melee it would be this. The videos make this disturbingly clear. Sure, it will be fun, I don't doubt that. But they're replacing quality with sheer content and hoping no one notices. Few will, but I do.
Once again, there is nothing wrong with having an opinion, but you are stating an opinion as fact. Please read my earlier post, it might enlighten you.

Okay, I swear this will be the last time I post here.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
of course, as bad as episode 1 was, we can still always pop in a new hope and be satisfied.

until han shoots greedo
or is it greedo shoots han?
find out on the next ridiculous modification of george lucas' masterpiece.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
of course, as bad as episode 1 was, we can still always pop in a new hope and be satisfied.

until han shoots greedo
or is it greedo shoots han?
find out on the next ridiculous modification of george lucas' masterpiece.
At least ep1 wasn't delayed.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
But they're replacing quality with sheer content and hoping no one notices. Few will, but I do.
because you're so much more intelligent and knowledgable than everyone here? Assuming such a thing on top of re-stating an unpopular opinion that's already been discussed doesn't seem all that bright. Would you please realize that it's not fact you're basing your ideas on (such as, wavedashing is out, this poses re-adjusting with anew physics engine some people may not like), but it's opinion you're standing on? Stop trying to drag people down into your own opinion by creating a thread like this, and either post in an existing topic about it, or just deal with it. No one will care about your opinion if you don't readily accept theirs to be equally valid. You can not like brawl, that's cool, just don't expect something to be wrong with everyone else if they don't like it.

Jumpluff

Smash Rookie
Sure.

I guess I don't. I see quality in (Most) of the content that's been reveiled to us so far. I can see how telling us that pokemon like Meowth and Piplup come out of the pokeball is interesting, but it isn't really worth burning a whole update over. The updates on control schemes is kind of nice, and the new characters and stages is very interesting. It was kind of a given that we'd see new pokemon come from the pokeballs and assist(Or hinder) us, so you don't really need tot ell us about it. The Assist trophies are very interesting, though. I didn't really expect them to use that in place of characters not added in as playable. I don't really like that they show people outside of Japan freaky assist trophies of characters we've never seen, and I think it's kind of rude to add in Lucus since he's from a game no one outside Japan has probably played.

So, please. Tell me what's so bad about the new content?

P.S.
My opinion is that your opinion is blurred.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, two things that these people never consider: Special Brawl. For special people.

Don't like the floatiness? Play Heavy Brawl!

Don't like the game speed? Play Fast Brawl!

Or.... OMG HEAVY FAST BRAWL FTW. Problem solved.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Sure.

Anyhoo, why shouldn't I have an opinion about what I've seen?
Your opinion doesn't matter. This is the internet. Just like how my opinion doesn't matter to you.

Isn't that what the convention was about?
It was so we can have a sneek-peak at the game and have a feel for it.

This game will be an enormous commercial success, obviously.
Because it will be a good game.

Unfortunately the nintendo's ravenous hunger for a new audience has obviously infected this game.
Whoa...big words. My mind can't wrap my mind around it. In this aspect, how are Sony and Microsoft? My arguement that people like you complain how there are haredly any 3rd party games for Nintendo systems yet you blast them for trying to get people who don't normally play video games to play them,. There is nothing wrong with that. All your basis is on pure elitism which is ridiculous at best.

If there was a wii sports game based on melee it would be this.
For the record, Wii Sports is a very fun and addicting game.

The videos make this disturbingly clear.
That SSBB will be the best selling Nintendo game, must have title for a while, and amazing. SSBB appeared in my city newspaper for christsake.

Sure, it will be fun, I don't doubt that.
Yes, it will be but...

But they're replacing quality with sheer content and hoping no one notices. Few will, but I do.
No, they are doing exactly what every smash fan wants. Sakurai and Sora Ltd. are not stupid./ They know what smashers want. We have new techniques such as the Ink Drop and new edge-gaurding which are very intresting. However, this was just from a demo. You are practically reviewing the game when you only know 10% of the game.

Sigh. I hate internet flame wars.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
*insert flames here*
Wow, chill out, you're freaking out over a guy on the internet who doesn't like a game you like.

Sure.

Anyhoo, why shouldn't I have an opinion about what I've seen? Isn't that what the convention was about?

QTF. Whenever someone has anything bad to say people just scream "omfg you whiner, go die!"

You guys cannot honestly expect everyone to like everything about the game, it's ****ing annoying to see some of you menstruating because someone somewhere has a view that is different from yours.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
No no , this is a very serious subject. Very, very serious.

ruffrydr017

Smash Apprentice
Reggie and Sakurai never should have satd Dec 3rd. They lied.
Companies promise release dates all the time, and in many cases, they end up being delayed. Twilight Princess is a great example of a game that had release dates, but was pushed back further and further. Delays are done to help games, not hurt them.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
You guys cannot honestly expect everyone to like everything about the game, it's ****ing annoying to see some of you menstruating because someone somewhere has a view that is different from yours.
'scuse me?.....

No one will care about your opinion if you don't readily accept theirs to be equally valid. You can not like brawl, that's cool, just don't expect something to be wrong with everyone else if they don't like it.
Do you people honestly just read the first and last page of every thread?

Xengri

Smash Journeyman
There's many of threads like this, why couldn't you find one of those to cry in?

It's not that we hate you, it's that no one cares about your displeasure with Brawl. If you don't like the game, tough but no one cares. This is a board so yes, you can give your opinion on things, that's what a board is for but, we've heard this countless times before, it's just pointless whining and we never cared, we won't care after hearing it for the 1000th time ether.

If I don't care, why post in this thread you ask? Because, it's free +1s. As you can see from some of the above post, people wouldn't give if this thread was spammed to hell, so why shouldn't I take my +1s from it?

Bottom line. we've heard opinions like yours so many times that we just began to generally label any negativity towards brawl related to depth as whining. If you really want to express your very generic opinion just bump one of those other ones. Pick anyone even one of the ancient ones, we won't mind, at lest it's better then making a new one. When you make a new one people will just get their free +1s from it. some will get banned, some will get warned, you'll just end up looking stupid and the thread will most likely get locked.

Let's end this what that. no more Brawl= less depth threads!
It's not that we don't respect you're view, it's that there's already 1000x more threads about the same view.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
At least ep1 wasn't delayed.
i'm assuming you didnt see it, or else you would know that i wish it was delayed. delayed until the end of time.

were people this anxious when melee came out after 64? i'm curious, i wasnt really interested back then.

i think the issue here isnt whether or not brawl will be good, its whether it will be 6-years-later-i-still-spend-money-to-play-this-game-with-others good.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
Companies promise release dates all the time, and in many cases, they end up being delayed. Twilight Princess is a great example of a game that had release dates, but was pushed back further and further. Delays are done to help games, not hurt them.
Will you guys feel the same when it's pushed back to Spring 08?

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
All these complaining post from the casuals and advance tech users along with the responses to these threads should go to hell.

"They are n00bfying the game" I didn't like that idea either and it seemed like it but let's try to be a little patient and see what is going to happen. hmm?

"Stop complaining about the game being n00bfied" Oh please. Now everyone likes rainbow coated candy **** being shoved down their own throats. It has this name in a franchise it can't be possibly be worse than melee or suck. Who knows? I don't.

"You take this game too seriously" Not only is that old, but this is a **** site about said videogame.

"You have no life" see above.

"I don't like (insert nit picky)" doesn't matter ****it.

I know this is contradictory but **** this is going too far because both sides are acting like arrogant ***** with out actually understanding the other side. Man both of yall suck.

Michael Blaine

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to the few cool heads in here.

This is my perspective, that's all. You may not like it...realy what fanboy likes it when the object of his affection is criticized? I understand. These words I post, they are very important. Nintendo delivered a successful convention. News has spread across the net with great speed. This game will be massive, that can't be stressed enough...or can it? No. It will be huge. Many of you here have expressed negative feelings against competitive smash in the past...so what does this post matter to you. It will be a good party game. Plenty of pokemon, noises, and explosions as far as the eye can see! It will succeed in that respect.

The tourney scene will not surpass that of melee. That is what I see here. Traveling and paying $ to play Wii Sports SSB will get old quick. Certain parts of the game (co op/online) seem to be there just because many people requested it, but one doesn't look particularly good, and the other probably won't be.

Brawl will be game of 2008, but a small segment of smashers are going to feel empty. It might take a year. Most of them will be right here. Watch ALL the videos. Alot. Tell me something feels...wrong. And it isn't that this isn't Melee, even though that honestly has something to do with it. Melee was a great game. That they changed a lot of things took guts, but was also a risk...but not really I guess. They want to sell millions of copies. They've accomplised that...and yet failed.

But like I said, there's still hope. They're still working on the game. Maybe some nintendo rep (:) sees this and passes it along to someone in the know. Maybe, between now and January Sakurai will remember his dream of the past and save Super Smash Brothers.

so many times it happens too fast
you trade your passion for glory
don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
you must fight just to keep them alive

It's the eye of the smasher it's the thrill of the fight
rising up to the challenge of our rivals
and the five stock survivor taunts his prey in the night
and he's watching us all with eye...of the smasher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom