• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I'm against every crossover pairing EXCEPT Kirby and Jiggs. Simply because of that final BitF comic. #594 I think.

Also, my headcanon on why PKMN Trainer isn't back is because he finished his journey and is now on Mt. Silver. Squirtle and Ivysaur are now in their final forms, so they wouldn't be used to the way Smash works anymore. Not only that, but Red, having just been defeated by Gold, goes to train in solitude, so when he gets the Smash invitation, he just sends Charizard to go fight in Smash again.

:substitute: is really popular among literally everybody.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I forgot to mention :4lucina:x:4darkpit: is probably the worst one there is. The other ones I could kinda see working.
That's one of those I understand less, they get paired because they're clones, and... only that.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Metal, Giant and Team characters fought in classic are stronger and weaker replicas that Master Hand created for each fighter to beat their weakness.

Fighting Polygons were a prototype, while Metal Mario and Giant Donkey Kong are the first completed creations.

However, he followed with making weaker versions of some fighters for their training; he chose to copy :4zelda: and :4falcon:, thus Fighting Wireframes were born. Fighting Alloys are an upgraded version, this time also copying :4mario: and :4kirby:.

:4miibrawl:, :4miisword: and :4miigun: as I stated before, are a team. They all take turns in each battle. Master Hand saw their potential over other fighters and made the Fighting Mii Team.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
No one really knows why Sherrif is there. He just showed up one day, although he does enjoy chamomile tea with Dillon.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

SSB4 AND Brawl Sheik is an OoT YOUNG Zelda in training.
Impa send her to Smash to train. That's where Sheik's tricks come from, she learned them while Smashing.

In Brawl, Sheik and Zelda just switched places instead of transforming in eachother.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Aside from :4kirby: x :4jigglypuff: (because it's adorable), I don't really seriously support any crossover SSB ships. They're fun for laughs, but I can't really do it seriously since most characters I care enough to ship I already have OTPs for back in their home franchise.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
So sorry I haven't posted here in a while.

However, there are some things in the actual game that I feel people here might use as headcanon fuel, so I'm gonna share them:

-Master Hand's trophy description states that he "personifies creation in the Smash Bros. universe". Confirming that Smash Bros is set in it's own little world, and Master Hand is it's creator.

-Wario's trophy description contains the following:

"If someone who hated Mario tried to draw an ugly version of him, it'd probably end up looking just like Wario. The greedy villain claims they used to be childhood friends, though...".

I apologise if that's old news, but I have never heard any description of Wario say this. They usually say Wario hates Mario.

-Some fighter trophies reference the real world:

:4pacman:
"The yellow, circular hero of the game PAC-MAN, which is recognised as the "Most Successful Coin-Operated Arcade Game" by Guinness World Records."

:4sonic:
"A certain hedgehog from a certain series you just might have heard of."

:4megaman:
"In 1989, Capcom's new action hero, Mega Man, arrived in Europe!"

:4duckhunt:
"Back in 1987, when Duck Hunt came out, these two might not have had the best relationship. That all seems to have changed now, and this unlikely pair are here to fight together."

It might be interesting in the case of some headcanons, to incorporate real life references like these.

(Note: Trophy descriptions are from the PAL version of SSB3DS, NTSC and Wii U descriptions may differ)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Every Nintendo worlds, in a similar way to Marvel and DC, are connected as a multiverse. All of them are joint in one way to another, which explains why some characters or other elements can appear in other games outside from their main series.

For example, take Mario RPG cameos of Link and Samus. The reason of this is because they're those universe versions of the characters. Or objects like Captain Falcon's helmet and Falchion in The Great Cave Offensive.

The World of Trophies serves as an Inn Between Worlds, kinda like Traverse Town in Kingdom Hearts, Ahnerbe in the Nasuverse, Axiom Nexus in Transformers, etc.

This multiverse, however, has expected anomalies which have let it to briefly connect to other multiverses, explaining :snake:, :4sonic:, :4megaman: and :4pacman: pressence in the World of Trophies.

Those anomalies also have caused the creation of universes inhabited by beings of other multiverses; this explains why Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games, Nintendo characters appearing in Monster Hunter, Fortune Street, Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, Wario Blast!: Featuring Bomberman and a large etc. happen: They all take place in different universes consequent of this.

The anomalies have made a part of the universe to join another *cough*Rare joining to Microsoft*cough* as well other universes joining (like Baten Kaitos or Fatal Frame).

Part of why Master Hand made the World of Trophies is due to this, he wants to stop these before they do a major damage.

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Apparently the Pokémon anime is canon in SSB too- Zapdos' trophy mentions the second movie, and Pokémon Trainer's mentions Ash and makes a joke involving the theme song. Considering this game also references the games (Serena being her game form and not her anime form, Calem existing, N's Castle I believe didn't exist in the anime but I've been on and off with it over the years so please correct me), that raises a lot of confusion.

Speaking of N's Castle:
*The reason Milotic, Whimsicott, and Shaymin appear despite having little to do with N's Castle is that after the events of B2/W2, N turned the ruins of his castle into a sanctuary Pokémon could live in.
*The flying platform in Lumiose was designed by Clemont.
*Pikachu's hats that reference other trainers like Ethan (and Jigglypuff's Leaf and Serena hats) are all replicas of the actual hats because those trainers are so famous in their homeworld that they have a lot of merchandise.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's also worth noting that the name for Meta Knight's sword, "Galaxia", originates from the Kirby anime. The first video game to use the name was actually Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

Also, Escargoon and Customer Service are in Kirby: Mass Attack. So the Kirby anime may be canon to a degree.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
"If someone who hated Mario tried to draw an ugly version of him, it'd probably end up looking just like Wario. The greedy villain claims they used to be childhood friends, though...".

I apologise if that's old news, but I have never heard any description of Wario say this. They usually say Wario hates Mario.
Wario's first appearance in the Mario Land 2 manual mentions it:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Wario's first appearance in the Mario Land 2 manual mentions it:
It mentions that they knew each other, but it doesn't mention that they were friends....

Which is the part that confuses me.

Shaymikyu

There's also this, released around the same time.

I think one of the Mario Baseball games mentions it as well.
On one hand, this could be Wario's skewed perspective recalling these events and it could be a bit slanted.

On the other hand, jerk Mario amuses me for some reason. Maybe because his most-likely-love-interest Peach is so condescending in her victory taunts. "Oh, did I win?"

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
On one hand, this could be Wario's skewed perspective recalling these events and it could be a bit slanted.

On the other hand, jerk Mario amuses me for some reason. Maybe because his most-likely-love-interest Peach is so condescending in her victory taunts. "Oh, did I win?"
Fun fact: That victory taunt gave me a burning, unending hatred for Smash Bros. Peach. Stupid older brother, always winning...

Shaymikyu

Maybe it's my memory being foggy, but I swore she said that line slightly differently in Melee. It sounded more like she was genuinely surprised, like "wow, little old me won?:surprised::b:" Then her Brawl and SSB4 one are more like, "who, me?:p:smirk:"

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
:4ludwig: gets along well with :4tlink: and :4ness:, due to the trio's mutual love of music. ((Ludwig is noted as composing "Koopa Symphonies," Toon Link conducts with his wind waker, and Ness has to collect eight melodies in his game, which also has a ton of musical references.)) :4dk: sometimes hangs out with them too, playing his bongos.

None of the newcomers were told :4sheik: and :4zelda: were the same person at first. :4lucina: figured it out right away, being familiar with genderswap disguises, and told :4robinm:. :4duckhunt: learned from scent that they were the same. :4megaman:, being a robot, used some crazy facial recognition software to figure it out. :4palutena: and :rosalina: are goddesses, or close enough to it, that trying to trick them just didn't work. It took :4greninja: a while to figure it out, but since he's in the same profession as :4sheik:, he got it eventually. :4wiifit: figured it out from her posture. :4shulk:, as good as he is with numbers and logic, can be a bit naive when it comes to people. It took him forever to figure it out, but eventually he had a vision of walking in on :4zelda: changing into her :4sheik: disguise before a match. Needless to say, thanks to the vision, awkward situation (and direct kick to the groin) averted, but :4shulk: is now really awkward around her and Zelda has no clue why. :4pacman: doesn't seem to know... Or care, really. :4zelda: flat out told :4villager:, :4bowserjr:, and the Koopalings about her disguise, since they're just kids. She assumed they wouldn't have figured it out on their own. :4alph:, :4darkpit:, and :4littlemac: still don't know, however.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Maybe it's my memory being foggy, but I swore she said that line slightly differently in Melee. It sounded more like she was genuinely surprised, like "wow, little old me won?:surprised::b:" Then her Brawl and SSB4 one are more like, "who, me?:p:smirk:"
I don't know about the Brawl one, since he stopped winning as much due to Peach being nerfed (thank god). But the Melee one made me want to claw my face off with my bare hands.

Got my revenge eventually though. He hates Wario's ROFL win taunt. As he said about Wario's victory theme "When you hear this and see Wario laugh like that...You really feel like you've failed.".

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
So I was thinking of an SSE esque scene earlier involving :4ganondorf: and :4littlemac:. Thought I'd explain it since it sounded so awesome. Not sure how it would fit in a story though:

:4pit:, :4myfriends:, :4marth:, :4lucina:, and :4link: are fighting their way through a castle right up until they get to the throne room. Upon entering, the doors shuts behind them and they confront :4ganondorf: who is sitting on the throne. Shortly after, they start fighting, but :4ganondorf: goes to town with them despite being outnumbered. Before he's about to finish them off, the door gets busted down and a rather short figure appears, wearing a pink jacket and sweats. The figure throws them off, revealing himself to be none other than :4littlemac:. :4ganondorf: pauses his attack, and the two approach each other. Observing just how short :4littlemac: is by comparison, :4ganondorf: laughs before going back to a serious look. He challenges :4littlemac: to a fight, confident that he'll do to him like he did with the other five. This is where the player would fight :4ganondorf: as :4littlemac:.

After the fight ends, a new cutscene occurs. It shows :4ganondorf: getting his ass beat by :4littlemac:, who then sends him flying back to his throne in one punch (complete with victory bell for comedic relief). Shocked in disbelief at how such a short man could defeat the King of Evil, :4ganondorf: summons his minions to fight :4littlemac:, and retreats so he can fight another day. The other five characters join by :4littlemac:'s side to aid him against the large group.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Nintendo Land is a secondary world created by Master Hand.

Disguised as an amusement park; after seeing the potential of :4miibrawl:, :4miisword: and :4miigun:he sends Miis there to train in hopes they become part of Smash Bros.

That's why each game challenges can become very hard, he's testing their skills; from driving and weaponry to creativity and flexibility.

Monita was constructed as an assistant using some recovered parts of R.O.B.'s from the SSE, as he knew those Miis needed a guide during their training.

He also created Dark Monita. She is not evil, but her work is as an obstacle for Miis to beat.

Last edited:

Laniv

Smash Champion
The Nooklings run the trophy shop.

:4robinm::4robinf: has a list of every possible pairing among the characters. So far, the only one with anything backing it up is :4wario: x Sack of Treasure.

And now, a potential story mode cutscene:

Luigi is equipped with his Poltergust 5000, looking through a mansion for something (or someone). He is clearly scared out of his wits, as normal. Suddenly, as he enters a room, the doors lock behind him. Luigi, shivering with fear, takes out his flashlight and looks around for any danger. He takes a small breath just as assorted ghosts (Find Mii ghosts, Poes, and Boos) jump out at him, causing Luigi to drop the Strobulb. Luigi is scared beyond all reason. He falls over backwards and is backed into a corner. The ghosts malevolently close in on him. It looks like the end for Luigi when footsteps approach. The ghosts turn to look when this is heard:

Then Pac-Man himself breaks through the door and does his iconic thumbs-up and wink pose. (Think splash art similar to this:

The ghosts (and Luigi) all stare at him blankly. Pac-Man whips out a Power Pellet and chomps on it. In response, the ghosts all turn blue. They look at each other, confused. Pac-Man jumps forward and eats one of the ghosts, causing its eyes to pop out and flee. The ghosts freak out at this scene, and haul out of there, while Pac-Man chases the rest of them.

Meanwhile Luigi has been sitting there with a "What just happened?" look on his face. He readjusts his hat, finds his Strobulb, and tries to follow Pac-Man.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
The Nooklings run the trophy shop.

:4robinm::4robinf: has a list of every possible pairing among the characters. So far, the only one with anything backing it up is :4wario: x Sack of Treasure.

And now, a potential story mode cutscene:

Luigi is equipped with his Poltergust 5000, looking through a mansion for something (or someone). He is clearly scared out of his wits, as normal. Suddenly, as he enters a room, the doors lock behind him. Luigi, shivering with fear, takes out his flashlight and looks around for any danger. He takes a small breath just as assorted ghosts (Find Mii ghosts, Poes, and Boos) jump out at him, causing Luigi to drop the Strobulb. Luigi is scared beyond all reason. He falls over backwards and is backed into a corner. The ghosts malevolently close in on him. It looks like the end for Luigi when footsteps approach. The ghosts turn to look when this is heard:

Then Pac-Man himself breaks through the door and does his iconic thumbs-up and wink pose. (Think splash art similar to this:

The ghosts (and Luigi) all stare at him blankly. Pac-Man whips out a Power Pellet and chomps on it. In response, the ghosts all turn blue. They look at each other, confused. Pac-Man jumps forward and eats one of the ghosts, causing its eyes to pop out and flee. The ghosts freak out at this scene, and haul out of there, while Pac-Man chases the rest of them.

Meanwhile Luigi has been sitting there with a "What just happened?" look on his face. He readjusts his hat, finds his Strobulb, and tries to follow Pac-Man.
I've done that same thing with the Robins. They have two pairings going for them.
Actually just :4lucina:/:4robinm: is going for him.

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Nintendo Land is a secondary world created by Master Hand.

Disguised as an amusement park; after seeing the potential of :4miibrawl:, :4miisword: and :4miigun:he sends Miis there to train in hopes they become part of Smash Bros.

That's why each game challenges can become very hard, he's testing their skills; from driving and weaponry to creativity and flexibility.

Monita was constructed as an assistant using some recovered parts of R.O.B.'s from the SSE, as he knew those Miis needed a guide during their training.

He also created Dark Monita. She is not evil, but her work is as an obstacle for Miis to beat.
I love it. But...what attributes would they gain from Octopus Dance? :p

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Why do you think I throwed "flexibility" in there?
I actually realized that shortly after. Also, I'd like to add to the headcanon. Once a Mii collects all 12 stars, that signifies that they're 100% ready to be in Smash, and all the attractionsbeing based off of different Nintendo worlds was to see if they could adapt to the real versions on the stages.

Shaymikyu

Not one I take seriously, but I kind of had the idea of each Robin palette being a different Robin with a different spouse and so forth with FE:A's many, many timelines.

As for ones I actually consider more:
*The Magicant stage is Ness's Magicant, not Queen Mary's, because of all the EB references. However, he managed to speak with Ninten sometime after EB, hence why Mother 1 gets some nods in the little cutaways. Ness accesses it every time a battle is fought there, but, being a good kid, he makes it so he isn't given an unfair advantage despite it being his mind.
*Flavia sells tickets to see matches at Arena Ferox and SSB has been good to Regna Ferox's economy.
*Living Room actually takes place in our world. That's why all the fighters seem small- they're "trophies" in the real world.
*The reason why the Lumiose City stage only covers Prism Tower and one of the power plants is that most of the business owners- especially Hotel Richissme and Lumiose Museum- feared that the fighters would wreck valuable parts of the city. Clemont designed Prism Tower specifically to withstand Pokémon attacks, being his gym, so he took no issue with fights near it. As for the Power Plant, it's in the Badlands aka the middle of nowhere.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Not one I take seriously, but I kind of had the idea of each Robin palette being a different Robin with a different spouse and so forth with FE:A's many, many timelines.
Robin and Lucina really, really like cosplay.

Anna, Tiki, et al. are flatered.

Top Bottom