• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well, they were originally planning to have Sheik in Twilight Princess, but they scrapped that idea and reused the design for the next Smash in the game, which is why Sheik's still in it.
Well, I'm not talking from a literal point of view lol

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Shulk is getting tired of all the "I'm really feeling it!" jokes with him. I'm not :troll:

Some of the other Smashers tease him with those jokes from time to time.

The male Wii Fit Trainer tends to be a bit awkward around the ladies.

Captain Falcon almost never takes his helmet off around others, even when with a lover (if you know what I mean ;)) He only takes it off when in absolute privacy, such as when he's going to wash his face or hair. The reason behind this is that he is uncomfortable showing everyone another side of himself, and that it's something very personal to him, likely related to something that happened in his past.

This one isn't related to Smash per se, but is to one of its repped series -- Kirby. There's a theory that Kirby becomes Galacta Knight in the future and that Meta Knight is his son. I actually believe Meta Knight and Kirby are brothers, and their father, Galacta Knight, went rogue, so MK took Kirby away with him and had him grow up on Dreamland, occasionally training him in secret by challenging him to duels. The two have a rather complex sibling relationship, really.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Master Core is made up from the anger of :popo:, :lucas:,:wolf:,:ivysaur:,:squirtle:, Rildey, Chrom, :mewtwopm:, K. Rool, Issac and Chorus Men that manifested into a physical form.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Master Core is made up from the anger of :popo:, :lucas:,:wolf:,:ivysaur:,:squirtle:, Rildey, Chrom, :mewtwopm:, K. Rool, Issac and Chorus Men that manifested into a physical form.
What about Snake? Is he included too?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Character rivalry pre-battle scenes.

[collapse="Robin (Male) vs. Link"]Robin walks around a lush forest, surrounded by tall trees.

:4robinm: "I have a feeling I am not alone..."

Link suddenly strikes Robin, who dodges. (The main theme of The Legend of Zelda plays.)

:4robinm: "Where did you come from?!"

:4link: "..." (Makes a menacing expression.)

:4robinm: "You're not very talkative, are you? I can see you're challenging me to a fight. Bring it!" (Pulls out his Levin Sword.)[/collapse]

[collapse="Dark Pit vs. Lucina"]Lucina steps out of a portal, arriving at some ruins. She is wearing her mask and disguised as Marth. The opening theme from Fire Emblem: Awakening plays here.

:4lucina: "Whew... I made it to safety. I must find them. They must be somewhere! Father..."

Lucina starts running, looking around to find more people. Suddenly, some sniper-like shots are fired close to her. Lucina barely dodges them, but the disguise is foiled.

:4lucina: (As she picks up her mask.) "Who's there?!"

Dark Pit flies above Lucina, landing in front of her. The aerial version of Dark Pit's theme from Kid Icarus: Uprising plays.

:4darkpit: "Hey there!"

:4lucina: "Were you the one who tried to shoot me?!"

:4darkpit: "Yeah. I'm itching for a fight. You seem like a worthy opponent, so enough talk and let's do this!" (Poses with his Silver Bow.)

:4lucina: "I will not let any anyone stand in my path! You will not stop me!" (Makes her signature sword stance. The Fire Emblem medley from Melee starts playing.)[/collapse]

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I thought he was some kind of manifestation of the Shadow Bugs that possessed either Hand to get vengeance on Tabuu. :p
Nah. Thats boring.
Also, some characters rivalries and why:
:4falco:vs.:4duckhunt:: Falco is trying to avenge his fallen brothers
:4falcon:vs.:4ganondorf:: Capt. doesn't like the fact Ganondorf copied his fighting style.
:4metaknight:vs.:4fox:: Both were once top tier forces who ruled Smash's meta game.
:4robinm:vs.:4lucina:: Morgan wants to know which one of her parents would win in a fight.
I want to see some make that last into a cutscene.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I wonder how :4marth: feels when :4robinm: uses his Final Smash and gets his son to beat him up. I guess it's similar to when :4bowser: and :4bowserjr: fight each other.
Chrom is Marth's great to the tenth power granson. There are quite a few generations. Also, Chrom's father was a genocidal nut. Robin's isn't much better.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
FE:A isn't exactly known for its good parents... Well, I guess most of the first gen playables aren't that bad.

*:4robinf: and :4wiifit: have sort of an odd relationship. While it may seem like they don't get along, they're actually good friends and just really like to snark at each other. :4wiifit: is still trying to convince :4robinf: to get more in shape, but :4robinf: generally doesn't fare well in her fitness sessions.
*Everyone loves to pick on :4darkpit:. I don't even hate him- I just am amused by the idea of him specifically for some reason.
*Since his unlocking mentions "MD in hand," :4drmario: is an actual doctor who went to medical school.
*The Mii Fighter Team in Classic is actually a hoard of wild fans who got through somehow when they heard that :4miibrawl:, :4miigun:, and :4miisword: got into SSB. They're trying to prove themselves just as worthy as them by stopping whoever is going to fight Master Hand, even if they're really just hindering the fighter. Still not sure how to explain the character teams (aside from characters that canonically are a species like Yoshi or the Pokémon).

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
A big headcanon about Ganondorf:

It begins with this: http://brawlinthefamily.keenspot.com/2012/12/18/456-ganondorfs-holiday-vacation/

Ganondorf goes to Dreamland. Yaay! After exploring the place, trying to make the best of it, he sees Master Hand.
Ganondorf kicks Master Hands *** and Master Core appears. Ganondorf defeats him, but Ganondorf kind of absorbs the swarm and the core.

Then Ganondorf goes back to Hyrule and plans his army and grows lots of hair.

THIS DUDE IS HW GANONDORF.

These black dots are part of the swarm.

Also, he transforms using the Master Core. NOT Triforce of Power. Red glow is from a damaged Master Core. (That's why the Smashers glow red when damaged, they're under influence of MC)

Another Zelda headcanon of mine is SSB4 Sheik is OoT Zelda.

Last edited:

MioTinto

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3454-2162-7019
:4darkpit: wields :4pit:'s weapons because somebody smug Pit stain wielded :4darkpit:'s staff in Uprising for longer than his patience would allow. Needless to say, he got pissed and decided to "show :4pit: what it was like" by wielding his gear in Sm4sh. :4pit: isn't annoyed by this: on the contrary, he thinks it's irrationally adorable.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
More rivalries banter like my previous post.

[collapse="Pit vs. Dark Pit"]As Pit exits out of Palutena's Temple, Dark Pit is waiting for him.

:4pit: "Pittoo!"

:4darkpit: "Running an errand for your goddess, Pit?"

:4pit: "Uh... No. Why do you ask?"

:4darkpit: "With all the things that happened between us after the Chaos Kin and Hades, we never had a chance to fight for real, had we?"

:4pit: "You came here just to pick a fight with me?!"

:4darkpit: "Well, who would have known that Master Hand fellow would pick me of all fighters? We still have a score to settle, after all!"

:4pit: "Whoa, whoa, whoa! You really mean to..."

:4pit: and :4darkpit: "SETTLE IT IN SMASH! Let's do this!" (Both make an identical stance with their bows. Boss Fight 1 from Kid Icarus: Uprising plays.)[/collapse]

[collapse="Lucina vs. Meta Knight"]Meta Knight stands still, looking over a cliff, the wind blows through his cape. Steps are heard coming from behind him.

:4metaknight: "At long last, a challenger. And one who knows the way of the blade as well..."

:4lucina: "A masked swordsman... You must be the one who challenged me."

:4metaknight: "I am Meta Knight. Indeed, I am the one who challenged you. I believe you could be called a masked swordswoman as well? It matters not... Let us fight. There's no need for words in an honorable duel. I long to see how your skills with the blade are. Hold nothing back!"

:4lucina: "Very well. I accept your challenge!" (Makes her signature fighting stance. The theme from Battlefield plays.)[/collapse]

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I take this headcannon from another source, but I like to think :4ganondorf: is :4falcon:'s father.

Also,:4falcon:can finally get back at :4duckhunt:.
I dunno, I see them more as stepbrothers in a joke headcanon of mine.

...And now I just thought of that drum set scene from Step Brothers.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Hey, does anyone have a headcannon as to why some of the characters wear the alts they do, and for what reason? I never thought about that until now...
:4robinf: is literally :4robinm:in drag. :4lucina:thinks he's trying to be like her.

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Taking in mind the headcanon I made in page 21, the stages besides Battlefield and Final Destination aren't the real locations. They're illusions created by Master Hand so the fighters can move in a familiar environment.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Hey, does anyone have a headcannon as to why some of the characters wear the alts they do, and for what reason? I never thought about that until now...
I like to imagine that some characters like to pay homage to friends, like how red Robin sort of has Anna's colors or all of Lucina's alts. I see the body-shape-changing alts (gender changing and the different character ones) as different characters, though.

On the Pokémon- in the Stadium series, we see that they can come in different shades and not just shiny, so I imagine the Pokémon are just different varieties of the same Pokémon with the default being the average, most common one.

IvanQuote

Smash Ace
NNID
ivanquote
3DS FC
1693-3075-2999
If you look at Tabuu closely, you'll notice that there is a sphere in his chest. My guess is that he used to be a leader from another dimension who knew about and absorbed Master Core before Brawl started. Before he could wreak havoc, Crazy Hand materialized and clawed open a dimensional rift, imprisoning Tabuu in subspace. Since he could not escape, he materialized Master Hand to control a variety of important people. Crazy Hand responded by summoning the rest of the Brawl fighters because she literally cannot live without the other Hand.

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
Okay let me see:

:4mii::4miibrawl: and :4miif::4miigun: are dating.
:4mii::4miisword: Is :4mii::4miibrawl:'s best freind. These three are the only Miis that actually take residence in the Smash Mansion.

:4link: actually can speak, but he doesn't do so as much as many other smashers do. While no stranger to banter, he's a tad quiter than his roommates, :4darkpit: and :4pit:, who he is stuck being in the only three-person room with.

:4megaman: and :4sonic: like to hang out a lot. Nobody is sure why, but they seem to get along quite well, and are
roommates. They also seem to like :4shulk:, it may be because he reminds :4sonic: of Tails because he is a mechanic, and that :4megaman: calls him in for help whenever he needs repairs.

•As well, :4rob: and :4megaman: hang out sometimes.

:4charizard: is still under :pt:'s care. :pt: was offered a position as a fighter using items and Pokeball summons, but he declined, saying he'd rather stick to his roots as a trainer and coach.

• All characters cut from previous installments remain in the Smash Mansion/Smashville/Smashodachi Apartments/whatever.

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
:4olimar:got hit in head so many times in Brawl, he sometimes thinks he's :4alph:
:4bowserjr:likes to play dress up for some reason.

Top Bottom