• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
I also thought of the rivalries each character would have:

:4mario:VS:4sonic: (due to obvious)
:4link:VS:4marth: (young swordsmen that carry legendary swords and are regarded as heroes for generations)
:4sheik:VS:4greninja: (Ninja based characters, both using an agile and sneaky style)
:4zelda:VS:4peach: (Princess fight! Yeah, I had lack of imagination in this one)
:4ness:VS:mewtwomelee: (Powerful psychics that have been through a lot)
:4falcon:VS:snake: (Both are pretty much considered to be the epitome of manliness nothing to do with CF codec)
:4myfriends:VS:wolf: (Mercenaries whose jobs contrast with each other)
:4pikachu:VS:4falco: (Based on Flying type Pokémon disadvantage over Electric and, well, Falco being a bird)
:4lucina:VS:4metaknight: (Mysterious masked swordsmen that at first fought the hero but were good and noble all along)
:4robinm:VS:4villager: (Customizable avatars in games were the realations you build are important)
:4megaman:VS:4rob: (Robots that hate fighting their kind and wish peace)
:4pacman:VS:4gaw: (Older characters in the cast who summon elements from retro games to fight)
:4dk:VS:4fox: (despite being antropomorphic animals, both contrast with the nature of their series)
:4bowser:VS:4charizard: (Fire breathing intimidating reptilian creatures)
:4samus:VS:4littlemac: (... Come on, you saw this one from like a mile already)
:4bowserjr:VS:squirtle: (Child turtles that have shown to be very capable)
:4zss:VS:4jigglypuff: (Total contrast is what plays here)
:4kirby:VS:4yoshi: (Hunger competition!)
:4diddy:VS:pt: (I don't think Diddy would be fond of animals trapped inside little spheres)
:4olimar:VS:rosalina: (characters that have little creatures following their orders)
:4shulk:VS:ivysaur: (Monado Arts give a status bonus, while many Grass type attacks give a negative status)
:4drmario:VS:younglinkmelee: (Alternate versions of Nintendo's most famous heroes)
:4luigi:VS:lucas: (Shy characters living in the shadows of their brothers that've shown more courage than they think)
:4tlink:VS:pichumelee: (Cartoony and younger versions of characters made to appeal a younger demographic)
:4duckhunt:VS:popo: (Retro characters that fight in pairs)
:4pit:VS:roymelee: (Their debuts in Smash made people to take interest in their series)
:4darkpit:VS:4lucario: (Personally, I want to see Lucario seeing Dark Pit aura not being evil, besides both are loners)
:4palutena:VS:4ganondorf: (Good old Light vs Dark theme)
:4wario:VS:4dedede: (Fat greedy b**tards that start as antagonists later becoming anti heroes)
:4wiifit:VS:4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: (Important mascots for the Wii)

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
Because I f***ing hate the Smash Mansion concept (seriously, it's overused as f***), my headcanon will be like this:
Master Hand is the god of the World of Trophies. He organizes tournaments with participants from all over different parts of the Nintendo multiverse connected to it, later also connecting with the SEGA, Capcom, Konami and Namco universes.

This tournament promises power and treasure to their winners, however unknown to them they're actually being trained. Master Hand knows well his god status doesn't equivalent invincibility; he knows well there are menaces like his brother Crazy Hand, Tabuu or even himself as the Master Core, a dark manifestation of all negative and destructive emotions, to a worse level than Crazy Hand, that he takes involuntary.

Master Hand gets each character dragged into these events, and each has a motive to participate:
  • :4mario: the Mushroom Kingdom has been under strange attacks lately, not wanting to simply do nothing, Mario goes to find the source.
  • :4luigi:was pretty much dragged by Mario.
  • :4peach: was notified by a Toad of a big danger coming. Mario however wasn't available due to a kart/golf/whatever tournament, so she said "Why not going myself?"
  • :4bowser: wants to prepare for his next attack to the Mushroom Kingdom, mostly to defeat Mario, so he goes off to find opponents to beat.
  • :4drmario: is worried about some new viruses that he has never seen before. Thinking he would find a cure for them, he enters to see if someone helps him.
  • :rosalina: sensed disturbance in many places of time-space. She decided to investigate.
  • :4bowserjr: wants to impress his dad, so he goes to get stronger and help him defeat Mario.
  • :4yoshi: is from Yoshi's Island era. He lost Baby Mario, and tries to find him.
  • :4wario: heard of a great tresure going for the tournament winner, so he goes to take it.
  • :4dk: his bananas were stolen (again), he goes against the culprits.
  • :4diddy: pretty much the same as DK.
  • :4link: thinks a new chaos is rising. Pulling the Master Sword once again, he decides to confront it.
  • :4zelda: is post TP. Hearing of a new threat for her kingdom and with the abscence of the hero that recently saved Hyrule, she decides to go by herself.
  • :4sheik: is OoT Zelda, knowing the Hero of Time will awake soon, she goes to prepare to fight along him.
  • :4ganondorf: being free from the sages imprisonment, desires more power. He enters as he thinks he'll gain more and prove the world how much of a menace he is.
  • :younglinkmelee: determined to save Termina, he thinks this is some kind of trial and goes to get a new mask that'll help him.
  • :4tlink: is told by the King of Red Lions to get stronger before finding the Triforce of Courage parts, he enters so.
  • :4samus: was hired by the Galactic Federation to investigate a new source of power that was gathering different fighters.
  • :4zss: is like the above, only the Power Suit was damaged but she was provided with jet heels.
  • :4kirby: is hungry, thinking the winner reward is maybe food, he goes to participate.
  • :4metaknight: goes to investigate, trying to find what has been causing disasters recently in Dream Land.
  • :4dedede: was intrigued over disasters happenning in Dream Land. He decided to find the source and smack him.
  • :4fox: received an alarm and is told by General Pepper to investigate a new gathering of powerful warriors.
  • :4falco: thinks Fox can't do it and due to rivalry decides to go too.
  • :wolf: got an alert. At first he wasn't interested, but after hearing the possible pressence of Star Fox, he immediately changed his mind.
  • :4pikachu: is Red's. When Red decided to enter, Pikachu wanted to enter alone with Red's approval.
  • :4jigglypuff: is Leaf's. Thinking of herself as weak, she runs off deciding to become stronger and make her trainer proud.
  • :pichumelee: is Ethan's. In a similar situation to Jigglypuff, he convinces Ethan to let him enter. Though he thinks his Pokémon is pushing himself a bit, he agrees.
  • :mewtwomelee: was wondering about the reason of his existance, and learning of many strong foes participating, he decides to enter in search of answers.
  • :pt: wanted to test his trainer skills, thus after he heard of some new Pokémon tournament, decided to travel and encounter new trainers.
  • :squirtle: was with Red, so he's pretty much fighting for him.
  • :ivysaur: likewise, she fights for Red too.
  • :4charizard: is also with Red, however he's more independant and so sometimes gets out of his own Poké Ball and fights alone. Red lets this.
  • :4lucario: has recently Mega Evolved and decides practice it in battle and polish his Aura abilities at the same time.
  • :4greninja: is either Kalem's or Serena's. He wanted to learn more about his recent evolution.
  • :4falcon: decided to enter a different tournament than racing, to prove he's the best no matter in what.
  • :4ness: was traveling along his friends, but after an alien attack they got separated and goes to search them.
  • :lucas: thinks one of the Seven Needles could be found.
  • :popo: saw a very tall mountain and decided to climb it. Little they know it would led them to the tournament.
  • :4marth: is worried for the safety of his kingdom after he heard others have been attacked. Wielding the Falchion, he goes on a secret journey to find the evil causing that chaos.
  • :roymelee: is training before he can lead the army aginst Bern.
  • :4myfriends: is from before returning to Tellius in Radiant Dawn, preparing for the new menace that is arriving at the continent.
  • :4lucina: is from before she arrived in the Awakening present, before going back in time she decides to prove her worth by defeating those opponents.
  • :4robinm: was sent by Naga, who felt some disturbance that could affect Awakening's world.
  • :4gaw: wants to discover what's beyond his world, he thinks meeting these new people would be a good first step.
  • :4pit: is sent by Palutena, who thinks the tournament sounds suspicious yet fun.
  • :4palutena: secretly knew that various distortions around the multiverse were happenning. Thinking it was too much, even for Pit, she decided to go too.
  • :4darkpit: was bored. Having nothing to do, he enters to find someone worthy to fight.
  • :4olimar: is from the events of Pikmin 2. During his treasure collect, he separates from Louie and finds out that some great treasure will be granted to the winner of a tournament.
  • :4rob: was sent by Professor Hector, due to some disasters ocurring lately near the laboratory.
  • :4villager: was curious to learn about the outside of his town, he decides to explore.
  • :4wiifit: didn't have any to practice yoga with, so she decided to search someone.
  • :4duckhunt: was simply chasing a duck at the orders of his master. After a while, he found himself and the duck in danger and decided to work together for the while.
  • :4littlemac: is convinced to enter by Doc, who thinks will be a good training for the next Championship.
  • :4shulk: is trying to master the Buster and Smash arts, he decides to enter to practice them against powerful opponents.
  • :4miibrawl::4miigun::4miisword: are a team of Miis that got a passion for battle and admire other Nintendo characters, thus mimicking some of their styles. Hearing some of their heroes are gonna meet there, they go.
  • :4sonic: is notified by Tails about it. Bored from Eggman not doing anything recently, he goes off.
  • :snake: is assigned to infiltrate the tournament, in fear of a possible new Metal Gear or other weapon being built.
  • :4megaman: and Dr. Light got the alert of an upcoming disaster. Thinking it could be Dr. Wily, Mega Man is set to go and stop him.
  • :4pacman: goes to find the Ghost Gang due to some troubles going on in Pac-Land. Discovering it wasn't them, he sets to find the real culprit.
This tournament has no one staying in an overused cliché place (because f*** you, Smash Mansion), instead the fighters randomly run into each other and fight.

:4larry:, :4roy:, :4wendy:, :4iggy:, :4morton:, :4lemmy:, :4ludwig: and :4alph: due to being costumes, have no actual presence in those events. :4robinf:, :4villagerf: and :4wiifitm: however, due to being the same characters as their counterparts in context, are sometimes recalled in being in those events instead of their normal selves.
If the characters had intros for Classic Mode, this would be it.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I honestly didn't even know the Smash Mansion thing was so widespread. I had that headcanon as a kid in the Melee days, long before I had access to the internet fanbase. With SSB4 I'm sort of leaning away towards it. With things like the map in Classic mode this time, I've sort of come up with each SSB taking place in a different location.

Melee: Smash Mansion- basically what you think it is. Each series gets a room, though for bigger series it's large enough to allow everyone a little privacy.
Brawl: Smash Island (the one we see everyone standing on in the intro)- a decent-sized island with one cabin per series that everyone in that series shares.
SSB4: Smash Country (trying to thing of a better name)- the land in Classic mode. There are cabins spread throughout, but now everyone can have their own. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings are the exception and still live with Bowser. I'll write out where each fighter lives in it if and when I work that out.

Still not sure on SSB64. I was thinking Smash City, but that seems a bit big for twelve fighters. Smash Club? Smash House? Smash Apartment?

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I honestly didn't even know the Smash Mansion thing was so widespread. I had that headcanon as a kid in the Melee days, long before I had access to the internet fanbase. With SSB4 I'm sort of leaning away towards it. With things like the map in Classic mode this time, I've sort of come up with each SSB taking place in a different location.

Melee: Smash Mansion- basically what you think it is. Each series gets a room, though for bigger series it's large enough to allow everyone a little privacy.
Brawl: Smash Island (the one we see everyone standing on in the intro)- a decent-sized island with one cabin per series that everyone in that series shares.
SSB4: Smash Country (trying to thing of a better name)- the land in Classic mode. There are cabins spread throughout, but now everyone can have their own. Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings are the exception and still live with Bowser. I'll write out where each fighter lives in it if and when I work that out.

Still not sure on SSB64. I was thinking Smash City, but that seems a bit big for twelve fighters. Smash Club? Smash House? Smash Apartment?
Smash Room. They all share one room.

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146

Smash Treehouse. Literally just one treehouse in Mario's backyard.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
What about Smash Dorms? Or Hotel Smash.

I like the Dorm idea myself, it allows for roommates. I kinda think the Mansion thing is overplayed too.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
I like the tree house idea for Smash 1. And the dorm idea just has potential for hilarity.

I could actually seeing it be a hotel as well. Assuming SSB is a tournament of some sort that lasts only a little while, they'd only be there temporarily anyway.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
To be honest, I like any idea in which it's possible for Bowser Jr and Koopalings to listen to Robin and Lucina go at it, and they have no clue what they're doing in thier room.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Going a bit off of @ GuyWithTheFace GuyWithTheFace 's headcanon of Smash City:

Some of the people the Smashers invited are allowed to interact with the other invitees and with the other Smashers.

Lucas, since he's no longer a fighter, was invited as a guest, and has formed a friendship with Shulk's friend Melia, whom he has a lot in common with:
both lost a parent (in Melia's case, both her birth mother and father. As well as her stepmother), and they both were forced to kill their brothers.

Also, some of the invitees are allowed to be considered for smash, given they have "connections" much like getting a job. Yay. Bandana Dee, who Kirby invited, is a hopeful for the ranks of "commissioned fighters" (aka DLC) through his connections to Kirby and King Dedede. Fiora is also hoping to join, through her connections to Shulk and his FS teammates Dunban (as she's his little sister) and Riki.

Sometimes, further networking is encouraged, as BD is often in contact with Bowser Jr, and Fiora with Lucina and Sheik (just try to guess the reason why for that one)

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
On a random headcanon I have; :4samus:, :4jigglypuff:, :4peach:, :4zelda:. :4sheik:,
, :4zss:, :ivysaur:, :rosalina:, :4wendy:, :4lucina:, :4robinf:, :4palutena:, :4villagerf:, :4wiifit: and :4miigun: are trying to convince Nintendo to have a Super Bash Sisters spinoff. Anna, Fiora, Micaiah, Daisy, Dixie, Isabelle, Paula, Lyn, Leaf, Barbara, Lip and others are helping them.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
:4wiifit:'s only purpose to be affiliated with the rest of the Smash Brothers is because she is the peak perfection of human physique. This, along with her nutrition & fitness background, makes her the designated coach/sparring buddy to the other Smashers. She also has mastered every martial arts style and weapon for these purposes.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
On a random headcanon I have; :4samus:, :4jigglypuff:, :4peach:, :4zelda:. :4sheik:,
, :4zss:, :ivysaur:, :rosalina:, :4wendy:, :4lucina:, :4robinf:, :4palutena:, :4villagerf: and :4wiifit: are trying to convince Nintendo to have a Super Bash Sisters spinoff. Anna, Fiora, Micaiah, Daisy, Dixie, Isabelle, Paula, Lyn, Leaf, Barbara, Lip and others are helping them.
And featuring: (Narrater Voice)
TUUUMMMBBBLR!!!

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Following by my headcanon, the Assist Trophies and Poké Ball/Master Ball Pokémon were also dragged to the tournament like the rest of the fighters.

Master Hand, however, didn't think they were worthy enough to participate, but in a way of respect for being able to find the World of Trophies, he agreed with them to let be summonned by the fighters to help them albeit temporarily.

He quickly admitted to be wrong with Little Mac :4littlemac:, and letted him to participate.

Last edited:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Wait, why :4jigglypuff: and :ivysaur:if they're gender indeterminate?
:4jigglypuff: in Smash seems to be most likely female, her alts being female accessories and all, not to mention as species overall, it has a higher female ratio.

:ivysaur: is female in Smash too, her bulb having a seed like female Venusaurs.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
, :4zss:, :ivysaur:, :rosalina:, :4wendy:, :4lucina:, :4robinf:, :4palutena:, :4villagerf: and :4wiifit: are trying to convince Nintendo to have a Super Bash Sisters spinoff. Anna, Fiora, Micaiah, Daisy, Dixie, Isabelle, Paula, Lyn, Leaf, Barbara, Lip and others are helping them.
Sakurai said no. He also had Nana and Ivysaur removed. From life. Sakurai is a petty god.

sageoflight

Smash Cadet
1. The cut fighters stay in a hotel in Smashville, where they are treated as guests.

2. Pokemon are cared for by Pokemon Trainer from Brawl when they're not on the field helping out fighters.

3. Captain Falcon has hit on pretty much everyone who's a fighter; Falco, Pac-Man, Mr. Game and Watch, everyone.

4. Palutena and Lucina both have huge crushes on each other, but neither of them will admit it to each other even if everyone but them pretty much knows.

5. Dr. Mario and Luigi are great friends, and often team up in battles due to having great fighting chemistry.

6. Peach, Rosalina, Samus, and Palutena are a friend group and have a friendly rivalry with each other.

7. Bowser has to keep an eye on his children a lot of the time so that they don't get into trouble with Master Hand, mostly because they're still immature kids.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
The Sheriff and the Wild Gun Men go way back to times of Wild West, and the former has chased the Wild Gun Gang for years. The peculiar thing is that all of these persons are miniscule, like figurines, and used to live inside little chests. Duck Hunt Dog carries a purse where a chest housing Gun Men is inside.

After Shulk's confirmation, Riki and Dunban were let to to assist him in his Final Smash by Master Hand. During this time, Riki would find the very same purse hiding Gun Men, who give him a license to the Assist Program. The license used to belong to Isaac, who was now nowhere to be seen- it's presumed that the Gunmen stole the license from him.

However, the Gunmen told that the Sheriff is one of the Assist Trophies, and is constantly looking after the gang, asking then a deal to make Riki sure that he won't let them be found.
While in sheer confusion, Riki complies without hesitation, thinking he'd be able to go his merry way if just accepting the request. Sadly, even today the Nopon has to deal with Sheriff suspecting him time to time when going off on his way to Final Smash Support-duties.

Chrom and Dunban suggest him to tell the truth, but Riki tends to refuse it all of a sudden, apparently now becoming pretty liking of his "another" job.

Last edited:

Themandme

Smash Ace
NNID
shadowthehegehog
3DS FC
3222-5798-4330
Ha ha.

But really I was joking about the bed part. Robin isn't the type "be friends to get in his/her pants" type of guy
Robin just simply wants to get into second base, ya know?
Beside Robin has so much to see so much to do before stealing down and getting marry (and sex).

dat video doe

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
:4robinm: is deeply disturbed by the fact that Nosferatu works on :4rob:, considering it's specifically designed to drain life force.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Me: Lady, check yourself... Wait... is your father is technically a prince?
I think Robin is technically a prince. Both of Morgan's parents are royalty in my runthroughs if he is truly royalty.

Last edited:

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
:4robinm: has this habit of touching everything once. Heck it was like that back in Awakening as well. Chrom said it's almost like taking care of a curious kid.

:4shulk: tends to help do maintenance on :4bowserjr: Koopa Klown. Somehow the two of them became really good friends.

:4darkpit: is actually hurt that people say he's just a clone. However the clones are helping him get comfortable.

Phantom High

Smash Apprentice
I don't know why I keep making :4robinm: somewhat autistic. I just really like the idea that anyone can go from nobody to bring number 1., Like M2K.

Mr.Seven

Smash Journeyman
NNID
The_FPG
I never understood the whole "Smash Mansion" thing as people's serious headcanons... I always imagined them in a Dissidia-style way of coming together via summoned to a whole-new dimension.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I don't know why I keep making :4robinm: somewhat autistic. I just really like the idea that anyone can go from nobody to bring number 1., Like M2K.
I don't know either, but I like it! Probably because I'm also somewhat autistic, so...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
R.O.B.'s expression are inspired by Ness's emotional training. He doesn't understand the concept of such feelings, but he is learning what reactions are most applicable to certain stimuli and expressing himself thusly.

Lucina mouths off to Marth and Ike because she doesn't believe the heroes of legend could be so easily defeated. She's so strict and straight-laced that she's genuinely scolding them so they'll work harder to live up to their famous reputations.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
My idea is that :4sheik: isn't :4zelda: or :zeldamelee: or Impa in disguise, but she's her own separate character entirely

What about Smash Dorms? Or Hotel Smash.

I like the Dorm idea myself, it allows for roommates. I kinda think the Mansion thing is overplayed too.
Ooh I like the hotel idea, and Mario and Luigi could be in charge of it!

Like how :pichumelee: evolved into:4pikachu:, my headcannon is that :younglinkmelee: grew up into :4link:, which is why he has a Fierce Deity costume.
I'm not really a fan of Pichu evolving, but the Young Link turning into Link idea is actually really great. (Though I wonder what happened to the old adult Link? :crying:)

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Well, Adult Link technically doesn't exist after Ocarina of Time because Zelda sends him back in time to his childhood, which triggers the events of OoT. The only people who know of the old hero now are the characters in the Timeline of the Wind Waker.:4tlink:

Last edited:

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Well, Adult Link technically doesn't exist after Ocarina of Time because Zelda sends him back in time to his childhood, which triggers the events of OoT. The only people who know of the old hero now are the characters in the Timeline of the Wind Waker.:4tlink:
Oh, yeah... forgot about that.... :p

Though Sheik is still there... which gives me headcanon fuel.

Top Bottom