• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
:4link:/:4tlink:'s speech capabilities are limited to the point of being on the same level as a developing child. He knows a couple words and a few short phrases to blurt, mostly for simple requests and provocations. He's also an abecendarian in the Hylain alphabet, in which :4zelda:tries to tutor him. Only he's so stubborn.

:4kirby:is capable of full mental monologue like in Epic Yarn. But orally, he can only say a few short words. Much like a child.

:4villager:is awkwardly passive in conversation. He only directs it when given a question. Sometimes he can come off inscrutable when answering on a two-way scale.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:laugh: I can only imagine the SA-X Samus to talk in Egoraptor's Chiz Pizza Robot voice.

:joyful: I"M DYING HERE!
I was thinking of one of these voices.

Or Claudia Black.

You'll be scared and interested at the same time

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Personal Headcanon Time.
:4roy: stole :roypm:'s Sm4sh Invitation, so Sakurai/Master Hand gave :4lucina: the Slot.
:4drmario: is similar to SA-X, but with :4mario:.
:4samus: is actually SA-X, which leads to confusion when Samus (:4zss:) and SA-X (:4samus:) fight eachother.
:4rob: stole :4robinm:'s Tomes as a Prank (Get it, R.O.B.in?)
:4gaw: is the Smash God. Y'see, :4gaw: is the source of the Shadow Bugs, in which Tabuu uses to make his creations. Master Core has said Shadow Bugs to change his form, but the Core lies in Master Hand, who watches over all the fighters. So basically, Everyone except :4gaw: < Master Core < Tabuu < :4gaw:.
:4kirby: and :4jigglypuff: are a little bit more than friends.
:4duckhunt: ate :mewtwopm:'s invitation :troll:
:4gaw:, :4rob: and :4duckhunt: all own a little club together, where :popo:, :4mario: and :4megaman: occasionally pop by.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
I've been reading in some sites (like TV Tropes), and I'm beginning to like some ideas: the armored Samus actually being SA-X and the standalone Sheik actually being Impa in disguise (who else but the one partly responsible for the fake identity with the unoriginal name?). I guess that would make the standalone Zelda actually Toon Zelda in disguise, explaining her Down-B move; but how can she achieve to be taller in such a disguise?

Well...
What am I looking at.
Anyways...
-:4marth: acts like how he does in Awkward Zombie, much to :4lucina:'s (and :4robinm:'s shock)
-The toddler version of Morgan that :4robinm: and :4lucina: brought with them likes to "play" with :4jigglypuff:,:4kirby:,:4diddy:,:4duckhunt:,:4fox:,:4sonic:,:4yoshi:,:4pikachu:, :4greninja:, :4lucario:, and :4metaknight:. It's also part of the reason why :wolf: isn't back. Morgan played with him too much. He's dead now. Marc is much less vicious.
-:4roy: is :roypm: after :4drmario: preformed experiments on him.
-:4lucina: and :4robinm: raise :lucas: like one of thier own children.
-:snake: is still in the mansion. He just hiding in his cardboard box next to Kellam.

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
*The rest of the Chosen Four occasionally visit :4ness:. Jeff sometimes helps out maintaining things like :4rob: or :4megaman:'s buster. Paula is really fond of the small, cute fighters like :4jigglypuff: and :4kirby:. Poo has sort of befriended :4lucario: and :4metaknight:.
*:4greninja: sometimes gives out :substitute: to the younger fighters (and Paula, who loves stuffed animals).
*:4gaw: is one of the best chefs in SSB.
*:mewtwopm: hasn't returned to SSB yet not because :4lucario: or :4greninja: took his place, but because he began to wander after Melee to do some soul searching.
*Ridley hasn't gotten in yet because :4zss: holds a grudge against him (I swear I had this headcanon before the Awkward Zombie comic about it:laugh:).

Blargg888

Oh okay.
NNID
Emerald_Latios
3DS FC
1977-0669-4694
Switch FC
SW-1254-5927-2992
I have personal headcanons on why every character left Smash Bros except Roy:

Young Link left because a hole in the space-time continuum was beginning to form.
Mewtwo left to go keep wandering.
Dr. Mario joined when he was first beginning as a doctor, due to being a medical prodigy, during Smash bros, however, his skills suffered, so he left for Brawl, became a master doctor, then returned for Smash 4.
Pichu was constantly losing, and decided his place wasn't among all the other smashers.
PKMN Trainer and his Pokemon left to go on their journey, but they left Charizard behind because Charizard didn't want to leave.
Lucas, inspired by PKMN Trainer and everyone else, decided to go on a journey of his own, living his life and finally getting over all the things he has experienced in his life.
Ice Climbers decided to go back to a simple lifestyle of climbing mountains.
Wolf left because he felt like it.
Snake left because he was going kinda insane because of all of the crazy stuff that happens with the other Smash characters, so he left to regain his sanity.
Roy never left, he's hiding somewhere, we just don't know where.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
  • Smash Balls are just powerless glass bulbs until charged manually by Master Hand. This helps ensure that a villain doesn't try to steal one and destroy everything.
  • :wolf: regularly tried to pawn off the weapons and schematics that he stole from the Star Fox team before he was caught. This is how :4miigun: got their reflectors. :4fox: tried to stop it because it was confidential technology, but by then it was already out there.
    • :4shulk: was tempted by it out of fascination with the machinery, but he declined. He still had his integrity.
  • :151: sometimes fills in for fighters that can't attend to a certain duty at the moment, since it usually has nothing better to do, being so seldom-called and all.
  • :4falco: and
    are equally snarky about the other fighters and don't mind gossiping with each other every now and then.
  • Smash is just as much bureaucracy as it is fighting when there's not a match going on. Keeping accurate records is serious business. The sole reason that several of the fighters miss :mewtwopm: is that he actually knew how to handle the paperwork for everyone – he obliged because it was a quiet thing to do away from everyone else.

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4littlemac: can play the piano beautifully. Actually, he's really good with his hands, so anything that involves the use of his hands like say, basketball, weaving, cooking, or stenography or y'know other stuff like massages. ;)

:4wiifit:/:4wiifitm: face is never seen since they wear a special kind of mask that changes their hair and skin color.
They're Nintendo's own The Question and Rorschach except much nicer and deal mostly with health and fitness. Mostly

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
nobody actually knows the gender of :4greninja:

the miis live in apartments like in tomodachi life. its completely huge and is filled with every mii in existance. any mii based off of a person or character will have the individual's personality, however they are not the real thing.

:4shulk:studies the miis and is incredibly intrigued by them. he also likes studying and any other form of technology in the mansion.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Little Mac and Isaac used to be fellow Assist Trophy buds in the Brawl days. But following his new game in 2009 and his promotion to playable in Smash 4, Little Mac and Isaac kinda drifted apart.

(I know Isaac's series, Golden Sun, also saw a game in 2010, but Isaac himself is absent from Smash 4.)

Ghirahim is almost too gay to function. However, only Phosphora can call him that. (And yes, this was another Mean Girls reference)

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
:4charizard:Abandoned :pt: due to being annoyed that he always had to carry the team.

:4wiifit:Tries desperately to get :4wario2: to work out, but he just shakes his ass at her and laughs.

:4shulk:Spends all his free time studying :4gaw:

:4sonic:and:4falco: have a friendly rivalry.

:4ganondorf:and :4palutena: are complete opposites but have a thing for eachother. :4dk:is very jealous.

:4peach:tries to get :4lucina:to put the sword away and wear a nice dress.

:4robinm:can't wait to reach S Support with :4zss: while :4robinf: has her eye on :4myfriends::4littlemac::4wiifitm:.

:4villager::4ness:are best buddies but don't know :4sheik: is :4zelda: and think Sheik is just a badass ninja dude.

:4falcon::4littlemac:are a crime fighting team. Very similar to Batman and Robin.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
So I've been attempting to come up with ideas for how Sm4sh's adventure mode would work, but so far it has been difficult. Mainly due to the fact that there's so many characters this time around. With 48 characters (I'm excluding Mii Fighter), you would have to either make it longer than SSE or just stick with a certain amount of characters. I'm thinking about using the characters that were announced prior to release, along with all but 3-4 of the unlockable characters.

Some more fun: :4shulk: is very chatty whenever he's fighting. This is further amplified whenever :4pit: and :4sonic: are in the same fight as well, especially if on the same team.

Laniv

Smash Champion
-The toddler version of Morgan that :4robinm: and :4lucina: brought with them likes to "play" with :4jigglypuff:,:4kirby:,:4diddy:,:4duckhunt:,:4fox:,:4sonic:,:4yoshi:,:4pikachu:, :4greninja:, :4lucario:, and :4metaknight:. It's also part of the reason why :wolf: isn't back. Morgan played with him too much. He's dead now. Marc is much less vicious.
R.I.P. Wolf
Playtime is over

:4bowser: is secretly watching :rosalina:, hoping to gain some tips on how to be a proper parent to :4bowserjr:.

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
My headcanon:

-:4charizard: is a different much younger Charizard than :pt:'s and has the maturity of a rebellious 10 year old. Frequently challenges :4bowser: to fights (that Bowser always wins).

-:4bowser: gets along with :4mario:like he does in the Mario Sport events but outright hates :4marth: & :4lucina: due to Falchion's dragon slaying properties and the repeated butt kickings :4marth: gave him in Melee and Brawl.

-:4duckhunt: is a criminal mastermind who runs a criminal racket that terrorizes all the :4mii::4miif:s of Smash World.

-:4pit: & :4darkpit: have a heated rivalry with :4myfriends: & :4falco: due to how the latter have taken issue with the Pits' elitism.

-:4zss: spends all her time trying to look for her suit which mysteriously started moving on its own when the 4th tournament started.

-:4diddy: doesn't really get along with anybody else (aside from :4dk: of course) and frequently writes to his old friends Banjo & Kazooie.

-:4dedede: seeing all the new potential Mii subjects has declared himself the "king" of Smash World and has formed a political party in order to seize power. :4metaknight: supports Dedede's efforts mostly because he feels some sort of order should be enforced. :4drmario: also serves Dedede but plots to ultimately backstab him and seize power for himself.

Last edited:

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
:4duckhunt: is secretly Banjo and Kazooie in disguise.
More like :4duckhunt: and
have a secret animation where they come in as Banjo and Kazooie, then rip it off at the last second and do their iconic laugh at the player, just to rip that last bit of their heart :p

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Alternative Headcanon:
- :4duckhunt: Dog was supposed to be by himself. The other Smashers took it upon themselves to staple the Duck to his back to fill the Banjo Kazooie void in their hearts.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
:4ness: ,:4villager: and :4megaman: become best friends and play games in between matches. Villager and Mega Man fill that void in Ness's heart after Lucas decided to travel to become a pokemon trainer and whenever Ness misses Lucas or his mom they comfort him with Villager playing a song from his boom box.

:4greninja: and :4sheik:train with each other and Greninja is trying to teach Sheik how to use Water Shuriken

:4wiifitm:and Doc are hard at work training :4littlemac:against his big championship match against :4dk:

Last edited:

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4link: and
don't like each other.
is reminded of hunters who slaughtered his friends and :4link: is reminded of guay, crows, and other birds that harass him for some reason. :4duckhunt:, on the other hand is fine with :4link: unless he's being a (Deku) scrub.

Edit: Do we have a Duck icon or not? I had to copy it from someone else's post.

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
R.I.P. Wolf
Playtime is over

:4bowser: is secretly watching :rosalina:, hoping to gain some tips on how to be a proper parent to :4bowserjr:.
:4bowser: should also be watching :4robinm:and :4lucina: for parenting tips.
My headcanon:

-:4charizard: is a different much younger Charizard than :pt:'s and has the maturity of a rebellious 10 year old. Frequently challenges :4bowser: to fights (that Bowser always wins).

-:4bowser: gets along with :4mario:like he does in the Mario Sport events but outright hates :4marth: & :4lucina: due to Falchion's dragon slaying properties and the repeated butt kickings :4marth: gave him in Melee and Brawl.

-:4duckhunt: is a criminal mastermind who runs a criminal racket that terrorizes all the :4mii::4miif:s of Smash World.

-:4pit: & :4darkpit: have a heated rivalry with :4myfriends: & :4falco: due to how the latter have taken issue with the Pits' elitism.

-:4zss: spends all her time trying to look for her suit which mysteriously started moving on its own when the 4th tournament started.

-:4diddy: doesn't really get along with anybody else (aside from :4dk: of course) and frequently writes to his old friends Banjo & Kazooie.

-:4dedede: seeing all the new potential Mii subjects has declared himself the "king" of Smash World and has formed a political party in order to seize power. :4metaknight: supports Dedede's efforts mostly because he feels some sort of order should be enforced. :4drmario: also serves Dedede but plots to ultimately backstab him and seize power for himself.
If something like this
doesn't happen with :4dedede: and :4drmario:, I'd be very disappointed.

Last edited:

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
:4robinm:is a socialy awkward adorkble is the smartest fighter in the group, always studying his spells, planing different plans and ideals and reading a book in his freetime.

However he isn't very social and very shy, he gets easily frustrated when things don't go his way or his plans don't work.

But he is a badass bookworm. If you know what I'm mean. ;)

Last edited:

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
:4robinm:is a socialy awkward adorkble is the smartest fighter in the group, always studying his spells, planing different plans and ideals and reading a book in his freetime.

However he isn't that social and shy, he gets easily frustrated when things don't go his way or his plans don't work.

But he is a badass bookworm. If you know what I'm mean. ;)
Badass in combat? Or in bed?

Top Bottom