• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Headcanons

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
But what about :4duckhunt:?
He can join too.:laugh: Don't know why he didn't cross my mind- he's my favorite of the retro characters.

*Sometimes, the other Koopalings worry that :4bowser: plays favorites with :4bowserjr:. That's one reason they were in MK8 and not :4bowserjr:- to show that he was trying to spread the attention. It's just difficult with 8 kids.
*:4lucina: loves hugging and playing with some of the more adorable fighters (i.e. :4kirby:, :4pikachu:, and :4duckhunt:). She also insists that :4metaknight: is adorable, which gets him flustered. (Thanks, fan art)
*In SSB, :4samus: started a "Super Bash Sisters" club to help support the very few females in Smash at the time (her and :4jigglypuff:). Of course, it has grown tremendously now- members include :4wendy:, :4lucina:, :4miif:, :4palutena:, :4peach:, :4robinf:, :rosalina:, :4villagerf: and the other female Villager, :4wiifit:, :4zelda:, :4sheik:, :4zss:, and Nana. Assist trophies like Isabelle occasionally pop in as well.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- The Mii Fighter is a weird thing. Only one exists. It's constantly shifting its facial features, gender, size, and fighter type. It doesn't talk and doesn't seem to react to anything. It just stands there. The Smashers have built a fence around the Mii and dubbed it the "Mii Plaza".

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Sometimes, the other Koopalings worry that :4bowser: plays favorites with :4bowserjr:. That's one reason they were in MK8 and not :4bowserjr:- to show that he was trying to spread the attention. It's just difficult with 8 kids.
But Miyamoto confirmed that them being his kids was no longer canon, so HEADCANNON RUINED! D:

Last edited:

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Oh wow, really? I haven't been keeping up on Mario canon. I guess he could have adopted them, or they're just bored kids working a summer job.

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway
Miyamoto said recently tho that this was no longer... But don't worry, I still think they are his kids as well. :p
Well I have a headcanon.

Bowser's real kids are the ones seen before Mario Wii. However, Bowletta accidentally killed them.
Bowser from an alternate universe abandoned his kids, and they somehow were in the regular Mushroom Kingdom. Bowser took them in, but he doesn't consider them to be his kids, but only army commanders.
This kills two birds with one stone (appearance changes and Miyamoto's interview).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Miyamoto said recently tho that this was no longer... But don't worry, I still think they are his kids as well. :p
I personally think the Koopalings are adopted while Bowser Jr. is his biological son.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Not a headcanon I own, but :4duckhunt: has a deep hatred for :4sonic:, and the Duck is there to keep :4duckhunt:'s cool.
If you know the food chain, there's a reason why. :3

Laniv

Smash Champion
Elec Man has his Mega Man Powered Up Voice.

:4darkpit: was supposed to have an original moveset, but :4bowserjr: and :4duckhunt: swapped out all his weapons for the Silver Bow and his staff. Just as planned...

Balloon Fighter hates :4villager: :4villagerf: for stealing the one thing he does that could've gotten him in.

The only fighter :4wario: gets along with is :4wiremac:.

:4greninja: has a deep attachment to :substitute:, like a child and their teddy bear.

:rosalina: acts a mother figure to :4bowserjr: :4kirby: :4alph: :4ness: :4villager: :4villagerf:.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The Villagers are all from Smashville.
The default Villager has been seeing the fights first row, while the others were watching the scuffles from inside the bus that drives around from time to time.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Some :4sonic: relationship headcanons:

:4sonic: & :rosalina: have not really talked at all since :rosalina: arrived. However, the other Smashers have noticed :rosalina: watching :4sonic: in awe and seeming awfully interested in :4sonic:, sometimes even looking a little stalkerish about it. The Lumas (btw we need a Luma emoticon :c) often play with :4sonic: though, and :rosalina: will ask them all kinds of questions about him, which they will happily answer, to :rosalina:'s delight. :rosalina: and her Lumas just seem to be a lot happier than normal ever since they've been within :4sonic:'s presence. They don't really know what's going on though. :4mario:&:4peach: have considered trying to make the two meet up "accidentally", since :rosalina: seems to be visibly avoiding this. :4peach: assumes :rosalina: has a massive crush on :4sonic:. :4mario: respectfully declines to make assumptions, but is concerned for :rosalina:, as it's not like her to be like this in relation to anyone.

:4sonic: has no opposition to meeting her and in fact, is quite interested in meeting this enigma of a lady, since he does essentially baby sit her children. He just never seems to be able to find her...though he does often feel a strange presence nearby, or hears eerie "woosh" noises when things are quiet, with seemingly no explanation.
You talk soo much about this shiiping ... i had to do something ... First time i draw Sonic and Rosalina ever i'm not good for draw but ... GOD they look so ... good looking together . Like it's natural to see them together ...

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
You talk soo much about this shiiping ... i had to do something ... First time i draw Sonic and Rosalina ever i'm not good for draw but ... GOD they look so ... good looking together . Like it's natural to see them together ...

Meh, I prefer Somarine because of this:

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Overreacting much? :p
Not really ... when i was young ... never ... NEVER I could possibly , imagine , something like that ... Tanukki Sonic ? Why Not a character who look and play exactly the same way but just the "BLACK" before his name ? ... OH WAIT !

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
Not really ... when i was young ... never ... NEVER I could possibly , imagine , something like that ... Tanukki Sonic ? Why Not a character who look and play exactly the same way but just the "BLACK" before his name ? ... OH WAIT !
...I have no idea what you're talking about... :|

Also, you've never heard of the character Marine the Raccoon? :p

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

He's talking about :4darkpit:, or "Black Pit" as he's called in Japan.

He seems to think Tanuki Sonic is a separate character slot rather than the item-based power-up that he really is.

Last edited:

PikaSamus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BattleSubway

He seems to think Tanuki Sonic is a separate character slot rather than the item-based power-up that he really is.
No, that's Raccoon Sonic.
Tanooki Sonic would have a full body suit and be able to turn into a statue.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162

Of course ... but , all of the people who shearsh for this shipping ... never came back alive ... never !

It's look like the Anti-Pedophilia Squad kill all of them ...

Need a creepypasta of it ...

Not really x) Just because i was a hardcore fan of Sega and Tanuki Sonic was unbeliveable some years ago ... so it's crazy , like Black Pit taking a slot

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
On the subject of relationships, I think Ganondorf is a surprisingly respectable gentleman who protects the ladyfolk with his life. He won't come out and admit it - the Great King of Evil needs to save face, after all - but he won't tolerate anybody who would dare lay their filthy hands on an innocent woman. Whether this is out of genuine altruism or because he sees them as being potentially useful for his fiendish plans is unconfirmed. That being said, Zelda and Palutena are known to feel oddly safe in his company, and they are known to fraternise with him when they aren't fighting. It helps to be able to annihilate everything within a five-hundred mile radius with divine spells if Ganondorf tries to make any funny moves, though.

Marth's reputation as the Hero-King of legend precedes him and, as a result, he constantly finds himself surrounded by eager fans and smitten women. He is blissfully unaware of their advances and remains as chaste and stoic as ever.

Isabelle is a huge fan of superheroes and action stars. She is particularly enthralled by Captain Falcon and owns all of his fan-made merchandise. She is known to attend local cosplay conventions on her off days and has even written a series of fan-fics about Captain Falcon and her F-Zero alter-ego, "Sunshine Collie". Rumours abound that she is legally barred from driving after she ended up driving her home-made Blue Falcon replica into Tom Nook's store, causing collateral damage and severely traumatising the Nooklings. Booker and Copper still shudder every time they recall the incident.

Ghirahim doesn't care whom he's helping or what he's fighting. He just relishes the thrill of battle and the madness of the arena, to the extent that he doesn't even realise or mind when he's summoned by Link or Zelda. So long as he has foes to crush and screams to enjoy, he'll fight alongside anybody. Ganondorf admires his passion for villainous activities, though he finds his dress sense to be altogether baffling and, with his penchant for laughing incessantly and flirting with everybody he may encounter along the way, deems him a nuisance to be around.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
@ Nekoo Nekoo : Well, the intention of my Sonic/Rosalina headcanon is to be ambiguous.

I'll go into it further now:

Rosalina is so intrigued by Sonic for a multitude of reasons:

-It started when the Lumas were telling her about how they were playing with Sonic, and enjoying his company. Anyone who is good to the Lumas is someone Rosalina is bound to like to some degree. So she had the intention of meeting up with him, and it was supposed to not be a big deal. However, she never was able to run into him in her free time. He's almost always on the move.

-Then, the Lumas started to get to know him better. They learned of his adventures, his friends, his immense passion for literature...and it all just made him sound like a really amazing person to her. The Lumas noticed, and tried to make sure to introduce her to Sonic, but cosmic duties prevented this from happening (Rosalina and Palutena are allowed to leave and come back to the Smash World at will, since they are divine figures with their own immense responsibilities. Rosalina in particular is sort of a guest of honour, since she is undeniably more powerful than Master Hand and even Master Core, and is a lady of legend that not many people know about, while Palutena is outright worshipped).

-Eventually, Rosalina went searching for Sonic of her own accord, but when she found him, he was busy training. However, she watched him from afar. She was awfully impressed with how adept he was, considering he's supposed to be just a hedgehog. He was like no hedgehog she'd ever seen.
After his training, Sonic was hanging out with Pit and Pikachu, and everything seemed very boyish about him. She figured he would not be interested in someone like her, especially since she is a really busy person, and somewhat struggles with social interaction as it is, unless she's talking to Mario, Luigi, or the Lumas.

-Rosalina eventually started trying to write stories based on what she knew about Sonic. This is not unusual for her, she often does write stories about various heroes and significant figures, for the Lumas. However, when she started to read one such story to the Lumas, they caught on to the similarities to Sonic pretty quickly. She got pretty flustered after this (something she rarely does), because she honestly doesn't know what it is.

In actuality, she is drawn to him because they have a lot in common, he possesses great power despite being a mortal, yet has such as casual and carefree nature. He's great with kids, something Rosalina adores, and he's very passionate about literature, to the same level she is, and nobody else in the Smash World is (Shulk is another exception, though he keeps his distance from Rosalina because of how she seems like a god of sorts, and he's not sure how he feels about that. He doesn't judge her too harshly though, because she acts with some humanity and seems stable).

Really I could go on developing this all day but the gist is that I believe Sonic and Rosalina would at least become amazingly close friends. Whether or not people want Rosalina to feel romantic feelings towards Sonic, or even the other way around, is up to them.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
:4olimar: and :4alph: treat the entire Smash Tournament like it's some sort of research/exploration mission.

:4wiifitm: and :4wiifit: are siblings, and have quite the rivalry.

:4link: and :4metaknight: have a bitter rivalry, one that almost comes close to the rivalry between :4link: and :4ganondorf:.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Isabelle is a huge fan of superheroes and action stars. She is particularly enthralled by Captain Falcon and owns all of his fan-made merchandise. She is known to attend local cosplay conventions on her off days and has even written a series of fan-fics about Captain Falcon and her F-Zero alter-ego, "Sunshine Collie". Rumours abound that she is legally barred from driving after she ended up driving her home-made Blue Falcon replica into Tom Nook's store, causing collateral damage and severely traumatising the Nooklings. Booker and Copper still shudder every time they recall the incident.
And that's the story of how she got in Mario Kart 8.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
And that's the story of how she got in Mario Kart 8.
She built her own kart and everything. She's technically on bail citing good behaviour, much to Booker and Copper's reluctance.

She ships Villager with Captain Falcon. "The mayor will punish evil-doers with honest legal refoms and sensible socio-economic policies!"

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
:4kirby:has the ability to replicate :4peach:'s Toad,:rosalina:'s Lumas and :4olimar:/:4alph:'s Pikmin to multitudinous quantity because of his Copy Ability neutral special given to him. This becomes extremely useful in case there was a need to replicate more Toads, Lumas or Pikmin in case of near extinction of either species or there needed to be an immediate amount of Toads, Lumas or Pikmin to be assigned a certain task or purpose. This completely negates the need for biological reproduction or even regard for each individual Toad, Luma or Pikmin's welfare.

Additionally, :4kirby:'s replicative powers also extend to producing material wealth infinitely. He could restock :4bowserjr:'s canonballs (who needs military spending anyways?), :4darkpit:'s Silver Bow(s), :4diddy:peanuts and popguns (great for famines!), :4drmario:'s pills (this'll really send the pharmacies under), :4duckhunt:'s fuel tanks (oil crisis? Not a chance! Also, demolitionists and arsonists rejoice!), :4falco:&:4fox:'s blasters (see :4bowserjr:), :4gaw:'s sausages (for your pediatrician's recommended dose of cholyesterol benozaote), water from :4greninja:'s Water Shurikens (drink up), :4myfriends:'s Ragnell, :4link:/:4tlink:'s bow and arrows (reloadin'!), :4lucina:/:4marth:'s Falchion(s), :4megaman:'s Metal Blades, :4mii:/:4miif:'s :4miigun:/:4miisword:, :4palutena:'s staff, :4pacman:'s Bonus Fruit, :4pikachu:'s electricity (energy crisis solved), :4pit:'s Palutena Bow, :4robinm:/:4robinf:'s Thunder, :4sheik:'s needles (great for acupuncture and sewing), :4shulk:'s Monado, :4yoshi:'s egg casings (well, once he swallows something), and :4zss:'s Paralyzer.

:4duckhunt:is completely immune to firearms or any sort of ballistic projectiles, making him the ideal messenger in contemporary warzones. Although he can still be harmed by physical contact and other types of energy.

:4drmario:is only an alt persona :4mario:assumes due to his time studying and practicing medicine carried over from one of his odd jobs. He will only don it when time calls for it.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
On the eve before every smash tournament, :4mario: hosts a party at his private resort in the Mushroom Kingdom. Here are some tidbits:

- :4mario: began this tradition since the eve of the Melee tournament, but it actually began when :4falcon: invited :4mario:, along with :4samus:, :4fox:, :4luigi:, :4link:, :4kirby:, and :4dk: to his personal apartment in Mute City some time after the original tournament.

- :4bowser: acts as the doorman, preventing anyone who hasn't been invited from crashing the party. :4dedede: took over eventually.

- Alcoholic beverages were originally prohibited due to :4peach:'s concerns about the younger characters. Eventually it was lifted, but for as long as someone moderated the drink table to prevent underage drinking. Security had to be tightened as the Pikmin were known to steal food and drinks.

- :4falcon: challenged :4ganondorf: to a bare knuckle boxing match at the Melee party when they first met. Both were hospitalized shortly after, but made a remarkable recovery thanks to :4drmario:.

- Space has been an issue since the beginning. The Melee party had to be held somewhere else since there wasn't enough space in :4falcon:'s apartment to accommodate 26 people. It was :4mario:'s idea to host it at the Mushroom Kingdom.

- The younger characters often hang out together, but are not afraid to interact with the older characters, especially :4ness: due to his status as a Smash Bros original.

- :4fox: and :4falco: are some of the best dancers at the gatherings. When :4sonic: impressed everyone with his b-boying skills, it was an invitation to a dance-off. Other characters known for their dance skills include :4marth:, :4dedede:, :4palutena:, and surprisingly :4wario:. :4mario: dances like a sober white boy.

- When Snake first appeared at the Brawl party, everyone was unaware of his presence. He has hidden in a box until he was discovered by :4lucario:.

- :4falcon: mistook :4lucina: for his friend :4marth: at first.

- :4pit: was considered to be annoying to most veterans due to his excitement to meet them at the Brawl party. :4pit: eventually did stand up comedy.

- :4robinm: and :4shulk: impressed most of the female partygoers. :4robinm: for his intelligence, and :4shulk: because of his accent.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

What about:roypm:and :4lucina:? They have the same side :GCB:!
Why of course they do!

In fact, :4marth: and :roypm: were dancing buddies during the Melee party, and behind the scenes during the Melee tournament. :4marth: plans on training :4lucina: so she can get on his level.

Last edited:

RobinOnDrugs

Yeah, I should have tested that before I replied. Oh well.

I also forgot, :4luigi: was also impressive, but everyone always experienced weird ailments whenever he danced because of Negative Zone. He's hoping to fix that issue though.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
:4falcon: has his own laws of physics, but isn't allowed to use them or else he'd destroy the world. Watch his custom special moves to understand.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
- There have been a few occasions where :4sonic: has tried to go Super but couldn't because his Chaos Emeralds were missing. Turns out :4wario2: tends to steal them. There has been some tension between them since.

- :4link: and :4marth: are jealous of :4shulk:'s Monado because of how FREAKING AWESOME the sword is. That's the reason they snuck up on him in Shulk's trailer. They tried to take it.

Last edited:

Mushguy

Smash Cadet
I've been reading in some sites (like TV Tropes), and I'm beginning to like some ideas: the armored Samus actually being SA-X and the standalone Sheik actually being Impa in disguise (who else but the one partly responsible for the fake identity with the unoriginal name?). I guess that would make the standalone Zelda actually Toon Zelda in disguise, explaining her Down-B move; but how can she achieve to be taller in such a disguise?

Well...

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
This is obvious: :4link: can talk. He just chooses not to. As for :4tlink:, well, kid's from an island and has such a thick accent that you'd have no idea what he's saying.

:4wario2: is a philosophy professor. Why? Money that's why. He wasn't allowed to teach economics or business because his way was deemed "too unethical, but very profitable". Also, when needed, he will teach statistics if a professor is sick or something.

:4sheik: moonlights as a hip-hop, break-dance, or pop, back-up dancer. :4sheik: also teaches belly-dancing, flamenco, and tango along with harp playing.

Also obvious: :4falco: owns and runs a popular bakery called Lombardi's Loaves in the Little Italy of Corneria.

Last edited:
Top Bottom