• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Stage Creation Contest (Complete)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Congrats to Jubileus57 Jubileus57 for his Prisma Island stage!

And 3rd place, too! I thought my Time Hole mechanic would be a bit too convoluted for some, but it did well. :)

Now then: time to put up my 3rd Party Stage:

Stage Name:
The Foundry

Origin:
Doom (2016)

Gimmicks and Hazards:
Foundry claws, lava

Description:
upload_2018-5-13_10-35-37.jpeg

(Yes, my drawing’s horrible. The characters indicated from left to right are Cloud, Bowser, Decidueye and Kirby.)

The very first level of the game to be revealed to the public, the Foundry is one of the many demon-infested levels in Doom 2016. At the top of the stage is a conveyer belt of claws that drop an item every 15 seconds (The one shown is carrying a Ray Gun, but it ranges from a Banana Peel to a Daybreak piece or Dragoon piece). The dashed lines shown here can be walked through by players. The bridge in the center is hard but destructible (Is destroyed at 75% damage), the fall leading down into a pool of lava (Not shown here, but it would be in the game). The lava works similarly to a Danger Zone. When the central bridge is destroyed, 30 seconds must pass by before the bridge reappears by the claws on top. To the left are two platforms that can be accessible from the platform above them, which can be dropped through and have ledges, but the bottom-most platform can't be dropped through. The torches below deal 10% damage and as much knockback as Lucas' PK Fire on hit.

Unlockable:
Yes. Defeat 100 Smash fighters.

Music:

Doom Medley
E1M1 (Doom 1993)
Rip and Tear (Doom 2016)
Rust, Dust and Guts (Doom 2016)
Flesh and Metal (Doom 2016)
BFG Division (Doom 2016)
Opening to Hell (Doom 2)
Mastermind (Doom 2016)
E3M8 (Doom 1993)
Cyberdemon (Doom 2016)

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Congrats to Jubileus57 Jubileus57 for his Prisma Island stage!

And 3rd place, too! I thought my Time Hole mechanic would be a bit too convoluted for some, but it did well. :)

Now then: time to put up my 3rd Party Stage:

Stage Name:
The Foundry

Origin:
Doom (2016)

Gimmicks and Hazards:
Foundry claws, lava

Description:
View attachment 144087
(Yes, my drawing’s horrible. The characters indicated from left to right are Cloud, Bowser, Decidueye and Kirby.)

The very first level of the game to be revealed to the public, the Foundry is one of the many demon-infested levels in Doom 2016. At the top of the stage is a conveyer belt of claws that drop an item every 15 seconds (The one shown is carrying a Ray Gun, but it ranges from a Banana Peel to a Daybreak piece or Dragoon piece). The dashed lines shown here can be walked through by players. The bridge in the center is hard but destructible (Is destroyed at 75% damage), the fall leading down into a pool of lava (Not shown here, but it would be in the game). The lava works similarly to a Danger Zone. When the central bridge is destroyed, 30 seconds must pass by before the bridge reappears by the claws on top. To the left are two platforms that can be accessible from the platform above them, which can be dropped through and have ledges, but the bottom-most platform can't be dropped through. The torches below deal 10% damage and as much knockback as Lucas' PK Fire on hit.

Unlockable:
Yes. Defeat 100 Smash fighters.

Music:

Doom Medley
E1M1 (Doom 1993)
Rip and Tear (Doom 2016)
Rust, Dust and Guts (Doom 2016)
Flesh and Metal (Doom 2016)
BFG Division (Doom 2016)
Opening to Hell (Doom 2)
Mastermind (Doom 2016)
E3M8 (Doom 1993)
Cyberdemon (Doom 2016)
I absolutely love your drawing.

Anyhoo. It's time. Maybe I can make up for coming second to last again... We'll see.

Spoilers for Mass Effect 3 Mid-Game Plot

Cerberus Coup

(Mass Effect 3, Wii U)

This is a travel stage taking place during the hectic attempted coup by Pro-Human group Cerberus on the Citadel! If you haven't played the game, think of this Coup as being the finale of Act I of the game's plot, it's an important moment that changes everything in the eyes of the Citadel's denizens. There are many battles going on at the same time and we’re travelling between each one!

The stage begins on the travel method rather than beginning at any of the battles. We fight on a relatively simple top of the Alliance Shuttle as it frantically races to another location to battle Cerberus. You fly past many key locations in the Citadel and see brief cameos such as The Consort, Commander Bailey and Kolyat in the background trying to help.

The travel section lasts for twenty seconds before the shuttle turns and lets the fighters fall into a fighting section.

The first stop is a section by the Council’s chambers, where Thane Krios is fighting Cerberus’ Kai Leng on the walk-off bottom section. They’re having a physical fight with some sword and Biotic moves thrown in as well. It can be dangerous down there, don’t get too close to them as they’re fighting or you can get hurt! If you stay in the airborne platforms you will be unaffected by their fight though.

After 45 seconds at this stop, the transport shuttle will fly in from the background and hover above Thane and Kai Leng's fight for five seconds before taking off again, taking the camera and fighters with it (If they make it on in time!)

The next stop is a battle over a chasm. FemShep, Garrus and Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom are all on the left side firing their weapons at the Cerberus Guardians on the right side, who also fire back. The bullets won’t launch you at all but will do some damage, like Bayonetta’s do. You can take out the Guardians yourself which will stop the good guys on the left side from attacking at all for the rest of this stop. Again though, if you stick to the airborne platforms you won’t be attacked by anybody.

The final section is at the top of an elevator in the atrium where newly minted Spectre Kaidan Alenko AKA Best Boy will be trying to protect the council he’s sworn to protect from anyone who comes close. The sides of the bottom bit are pits and only the middle is a place to stand. There’s no active battle here, but if you go to that bottom location, Kaidan will protect his interests from the foreground and fire at you with his AR. Just like before, these bullets (Thermal rounds, whatever) will do damage and only cause a brief stutter in your movements but won’t launch you. Don’t stay down there too long or you’ll rack up the damage quick!

Last edited:

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
As a Bayonetta fanatic, I HAVE to present tou you the most self-indulgent stage I have ever created. Enter:

NOATUN
Origin: Bayonetta 2

Noatun is a beautiful seaside town inspired by Venice and Bruges which is the central place of Bayonetta 2. This 3 part stage à la Castle Siege (I love travelling stages) will visit all three Realms of the Trinity: Human world, Paradiso and Inferno. Though the center of action will "somehow" always be the same place: the front of the Church of Noatun seen in the first level of the game :

Human World:

This part is based on the plaza's appearance in the 1st chapter of the game. A platform on the center of a pond of water. Two columns will appear on both sides of the platforms (like the ones we can see on the picture above), and enough damage ( circa 30%)will break them, allowing easier side KOs. Aside from that, this is the vanilla, human world, not much will happen.

30 seconds into the match two things might happen, leading to either either Inferno or Paradiso. As for Paradiso: The angel Glamor will appear in the background, scream and make the entire stage flashes brightly signalling the shift to the Paradiso.

Glamor. (Old drawing. I got better since then)

Paradiso:

To give you an idea what the skies, background and overall lighting the stage gets while in there.

Paradiso is an ethereally beautiful place with glowing skies and feathers floating all around the place, as well as countless Angels flying in the skies.. Ruled by a strict hierarchy, the stage layout reflects this. The pass-through platforms are made out of solid light in the form of the halos (as in the 9th chapter of the 1st game). The layout of the pass-through platform resembles roughtly that of a staircase, as though ascending the Hierarchy of Laguna (the game's angels). The "steps" aren't really that high, so while facilitated, Star KOing doesnt become ludicroulsy easy.

Just as in the base game, the water vanishes when entering Paradiso. The columns too, in order to bring more diversity.

Sometimes, a glowing warning sign (stylized like the ones appearing before a miniboss in the 1st game's 14th chapter) appear on the side of the screen at the level of one of the "stairs".Heed that warning, because 3 seconds later, an Inspired angel will whoosh horizontally from one side of the screen to the other dealing 15% damage and heavy knocback, KOing at a mere 60%. This happens only once in the phase.

Inspired

30 seconds into the phase the stage reverts to the Human world version in a flash of light.

Inferno:

If Insidious appears instead of Glamor back in the Human World phase, one will be sent to the Inferno part of the stage. Insidious will fire lasers at the stage, heavily damaging it (though not the Smashers) in the process and black and red aura will envelop the stage, transitioning it into Inferno.

Insidious. More recent than Glamor but still far from my finest piece.

Inferno.

Inferno is a chaotic place bathed in blood red, thunderous clouds in which no real rules apply. The terrain here isn't flat at all, platforms seem to be thrown hahpasardly around the stage , and some of them are pass-through, others are not and some are 50-50 (though its crystal clear to the player if something is). The platform on the bottom right is a walk-off.

(NB: While the plaza doesn't appear in and Inferno version, one can imagine that if a Paradiso duplicate exists, an Inferno one might as well, especially since Noatun is close to both Heaven and Hell.)

Just like in Paradiso, once during the phase, the (now blood-red) warning sign can appear to announce an incoming enemy (in this case Scolopendra). This time, though, it can point at any angle, and the Scolpendra woosh in the direction pointed by the sign (it can even go right through the stage by opening infernal sigils, as such it can even go in vertical angles!) It dealste same knockback and damage as the Inspired.

Scolopendra
Like before, after 30 seconds of play, the stage reverts back to the Human World version in a flash of Darkness.

Unlockable
: No

Music: OH BOY WHERE TO START
I'll try to contain myself though. I decided to use an equate amount of human, angelic and infernal musics from the games.
Human:
The Water Capital of Noatun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL3OA6X35yc
* Noatun (The Castle Foregrounds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLCTBxKsdk
* Vigrid (Town Areas) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H_FvwgAGYk
Angelic:
* In the Choice Between Good and Evil - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxfVyn8MKwE (Why wasn't it in Smash 4 WHYYYYYYYYYYYY :cry:)
* In Giving Every Man his Due - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD6vOdJKw_Y
* In Labors and Dangers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOdTFyV0YKo
Infernal:
* Insidious, Consumer of All - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpuW4W7ggvg
* Alraune - Whisperer of Insanity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0-acvQZPVw
* Gomorrah - Devourer of the Divine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpoPwhkJ2U

I'll leave all the musics from Smash 4 to the returning Umbra Clock Tower :p

What do you guys think? :D

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
As a Bayonetta fanatic, I HAVE to present tou you the most self-indulgent stage I have ever created. Enter:

NOATUN
Origin: Bayonetta 2

Noatun is a beautiful seaside town inspired by Venice and Bruges which is the central place of Bayonetta 2. This 3 part stage à la Castle Siege (I love travelling stages) will visit all three Realms of the Trinity: Human world, Paradiso and Inferno. Though the center of action will "somehow" always be the same place: the front of the Church of Noatun seen in the first level of the game :

Human World:

This part is based on the plaza's appearance in the 1st chapter of the game. A platform on the center of a pond of water. Two columns will appear on both sides of the platforms (like the ones we can see on the picture above), and enough damage ( circa 30%)will break them, allowing easier side KOs. Aside from that, this is the vanilla, human world, not much will happen.

30 seconds into the match two things might happen, leading to either either Inferno or Paradiso. As for Paradiso: The angel Glamor will appear in the background, scream and make the entire stage flashes brightly signalling the shift to the Paradiso.

Glamor. (Old drawing. I got better since then)

Paradiso:

To give you an idea what the skies, background and overall lighting the stage gets while in there.

Paradiso is an ethereally beautiful place with glowing skies and feathers floating all around the place, as well as countless Angels flying in the skies.. Ruled by a strict hierarchy, the stage layout reflects this. The pass-through platforms are made out of solid light in the form of the halos (as in the 9th chapter of the 1st game). The layout of the pass-through platform resembles roughtly that of a staircase, as though ascending the Hierarchy of Laguna (the game's angels). The "steps" aren't really that high, so while facilitated, Star KOing doesnt become ludicroulsy easy.

Just as in the base game, the water vanishes when entering Paradiso. The columns too, in order to bring more diversity.

Sometimes, a glowing warning sign (stylized like the ones appearing before a miniboss in the 1st game's 14th chapter) appear on the side of the screen at the level of one of the "stairs".Heed that warning, because 3 seconds later, an Inspired angel will whoosh horizontally from one side of the screen to the other dealing 15% damage and heavy knocback, KOing at a mere 60%. This happens only once in the phase.

Inspired

30 seconds into the phase the stage reverts to the Human world version in a flash of light.

Inferno:

If Insidious appears instead of Glamor back in the Human World phase, one will be sent to the Inferno part of the stage. Insidious will fire lasers at the stage, heavily damaging it (though not the Smashers) in the process and black and red aura will envelop the stage, transitioning it into Inferno.

Insidious. More recent than Glamor but still far from my finest piece.

Inferno.

Inferno is a chaotic place bathed in blood red, thunderous clouds in which no real rules apply. The terrain here isn't flat at all, platforms seem to be thrown hahpasardly around the stage , and some of them are pass-through, others are not and some are 50-50 (though its crystal clear to the player if something is). The platform on the bottom right is a walk-off.

(NB: While the plaza doesn't appear in and Inferno version, one can imagine that if a Paradiso duplicate exists, an Inferno one might as well, especially since Noatun is close to both Heaven and Hell.)

Just like in Paradiso, once during the phase, the (now blood-red) warning sign can appear to announce an incoming enemy (in this case Scolopendra). This time, though, it can point at any angle, and the Scolpendra woosh in the direction pointed by the sign (it can even go right through the stage by opening infernal sigils, as such it can even go in vertical angles!) It dealste same knockback and damage as the Inspired.

Scolopendra
Like before, after 30 seconds of play, the stage reverts back to the Human World version in a flash of Darkness.

Unlockable
: No

Music: OH BOY WHERE TO START
I'll try to contain myself though. I decided to use an equate amount of human, angelic and infernal musics from the games.
Human:
The Water Capital of Noatun - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nL3OA6X35yc
* Noatun (The Castle Foregrounds - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yCLCTBxKsdk
* Vigrid (Town Areas) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9H_FvwgAGYk
Angelic:
* In the Choice Between Good and Evil - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxfVyn8MKwE (Why wasn't it in Smash 4 WHYYYYYYYYYYYY :cry:)
* In Giving Every Man his Due - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UD6vOdJKw_Y
* In Labors and Dangers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOdTFyV0YKo
Infernal:
* Insidious, Consumer of All - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpuW4W7ggvg
* Alraune - Whisperer of Insanity - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0-acvQZPVw
* Gomorrah - Devourer of the Divine - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqpoPwhkJ2U

I'll leave all the musics from Smash 4 to the returning Umbra Clock Tower :p

What do you guys think? :D
Holy hell

I shoulda guessed by your name

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So. Remember when I said I was thinking about just making Other Non-Indie 3rd Parties Round 15 and Xenoblade Chronicles Round 16 right away in prep for E3? Well I've ultimately decided that is what I'm going to do. Just not in the originally planned order since 3rd Parties was voted to be Round 14 =P

But I have it set in stone that when Round 15 begins next week it will be Xenoblade Chronicles. And by that I mean the series of all 3 games. Not just the first.

So the poll we have up now is for the following week of Round 16. Which remains the same as most of the polls have been so far but with Indie Games taking up the mantle now that Other 3rd Parties is Round 14.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I absolutely love your drawing.

Anyhoo. It's time. Maybe I can make up for coming second to last again... We'll see.

Spoilers for Mass Effect 3 Mid-Game Plot

Cerberus Coup

(Mass Effect 3, Wii U)

This is a travel stage taking place during the hectic attempted coup by Pro-Human group Cerberus on the Citadel! If you haven't played the game, think of this Coup as being the finale of Act I of the game's plot, it's an important moment that changes everything in the eyes of the Citadel's denizens. There are many battles going on at the same time and we’re travelling between each one!

The stage begins on the travel method rather than beginning at any of the battles. We fight on a relatively simple top of the Alliance Shuttle as it frantically races to another location to battle Cerberus. You fly past many key locations in the Citadel and see brief cameos such as The Consort, Commander Bailey and Kolyat in the background trying to help.

The travel section lasts for twenty seconds before the shuttle turns and lets the fighters fall into a fighting section.

The first stop is a section by the Council’s chambers, where Thane Krios is fighting Cerberus’ Kai Leng on the walk-off bottom section. They’re having a physical fight with some sword and Biotic moves thrown in as well. It can be dangerous down there, don’t get too close to them as they’re fighting or you can get hurt! If you stay in the airborne platforms you will be unaffected by their fight though.

After 45 seconds at this stop, the transport shuttle will fly in from the background and hover above Thane and Kai Leng's fight for five seconds before taking off again, taking the camera and fighters with it (If they make it on in time!)

The next stop is a battle over a chasm. FemShep, Garrus and Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom are all on the left side firing their weapons at the Cerberus Guardians on the right side, who also fire back. The bullets won’t launch you at all but will do some damage, like Bayonetta’s do. You can take out the Guardians yourself which will stop the good guys on the left side from attacking at all for the rest of this stop. Again though, if you stick to the airborne platforms you won’t be attacked by anybody.

The final section is at the top of an elevator in the atrium where newly minted Spectre Kaidan Alenko AKA Best Boy will be trying to protect the council he’s sworn to protect from anyone who comes close. The sides of the bottom bit are pits and only the middle is a place to stand. There’s no active battle here, but if you go to that bottom location, Kaidan will protect his interests from the foreground and fire at you with his AR. Just like before, these bullets (Thermal rounds, whatever) will do damage and only cause a brief stutter in your movements but won’t launch you. Don’t stay down there too long or you’ll rack up the damage quick!

I love it! It’s a clearly thought out ME3 stage. As a rabid fan of anything from the Mass Effect Trilogy (bordering on being an obsession), I think you hit all the notes quite well. Personally, I probably would of chosen Earth with the setting either being the initial Reaper invasion or the Final Mission to retake Earth as to feature the Reapers and their invading forces (Husks, Brutes, Banshees oh my!) but this certainly was a pivotal part of the game and set the tone for your Shepard when they have to make crucial choices later in the game. Liking how you included Kai Leng though Phantoms, Dragoons, and Atlas’ would of been excellent choices as well.

Also, it would be awesome to hear teammate banter about the characters fighting much like the Palutena’s Guidance or Snake’s Codexes. I also think you made great choices with the music. I hate to force my opinion regarding your choices but other notable tracks could have included:

Leaving Earth (maybe part of a theme remix)
https://youtu.be/KGHA9oO1Ybg

View of Palaven
https://youtu.be/yAJqAMBfJ74

End credits
https://youtu.be/xZhdXhOr8AA

Afterlife Theme
https://youtu.be/apHaczj6vxw

Ok, I’m done geeking out to ME. Carry on with the contest:3

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I'll start off by saying that i'm not sure this is going to win, but i'll say that i've at least tried.

IMG_E1596.JPG

STAGE NAME: Dance Dance Revolution

Origin Game: Dance Dance Revolution (1998)

Description:
This stage revolves around the songs and their stepcharts. There is a different stepchart for each song, frequently there will be an arrow with the color of a player that will grab an opponent with that same color, they only way to escape is to press the button the arrow is facing to the rhythm of the song when the arrow reaches it's sillouhette, also if a chart has stops, anyone that is within the stepchart area will be frozen. If a chart has mines, if an opponent touches one they will explode and deal 30% damage. Since the songs are about a minute long, when a stops another song begins. The image you see above is a rough sketch of what it might look like.

Unlockable: Yes (Collect over 25 Music Tracks)

Music: Since there is a lot of good songs from the DDR franchise, i'll only limit myself to using 3 tracks per game. Which is still kinda big.

1st Mix:
Paranoia
Trip Machine
Butterfly

2nd Mix:
Brilliant 2U
Keep On Movin'
AM-3P

3rd Mix:
Captain Jack (Grandale Remix)
AFRONOVA
DEAD END

4th Mix:
B4U
Love Again Tonight (For Melissa Mix)
Can't Stop Falling In Love

5th Mix:
Insertion
Matsuri Japan
Broken My Heart

MAX:
Healing Vision Angelic Mix
Candy
Max 300

MAX 2:
Sweet Sweet Love Magic
TSUGARU
KAKUMEI

EXTREME:
Dance Dance Revolution
LOVE SHINE

Supernova:
Hana Ranman -Flowers-
CHAOS
Flow -True Style-

Supernova 2:
Pluto
Vem brincar
Poseidon

X:
A Geisha's Dream
will
SABER WING

X2:
Valkyrie Dimension
Delta Max
La Libertad

X3 Vs. 2nd Mix:
Paranoia Revolution
Trip Machine Evolution
FLOWER

2013:
WOW WOW VENUS
Elemental Creation
IX

2014:
Max. (Period)
Over The Period
EGOISM 440

A:
Ace For Aces
ENDYMION
Electric Dance System Music

So yeah, this is my first entry for the stage creation contest, i'm kinda excited to see how well i'll do with the judges.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I love it! It’s a clearly thought out ME3 stage. As a rabid fan of anything from the Mass Effect Trilogy (bordering on being an obsession), I think you hit all the notes quite well. Personally, I probably would of chosen Earth with the setting either being the initial Reaper invasion or the Final Mission to retake Earth as to feature the Reapers and their invading forces (Husks, Brutes, Banshees oh my!) but this certainly was a pivotal part of the game and set the tone for your Shepard when they have to make crucial choices later in the game. Liking how you included Kai Leng though Phantoms, Dragoons, and Atlas’ would of been excellent choices as well.

Also, it would be awesome to hear teammate banter about the characters fighting much like the Palutena’s Guidance or Snake’s Codexes. I also think you made great choices with the music. I hate to force my opinion regarding your choices but other notable tracks could have included:

Leaving Earth (maybe part of a theme remix)
https://youtu.be/KGHA9oO1Ybg

View of Palaven
https://youtu.be/yAJqAMBfJ74

End credits
https://youtu.be/xZhdXhOr8AA

Afterlife Theme
https://youtu.be/apHaczj6vxw

Ok, I’m done geeking out to ME. Carry on with the contest:3
I honestly was trying to reign in my Mass Effect obsession in it (Though by looking at Jubileus57 Jubileus57 stage, I should have indulged myself lol). More banter, more stops including Phantoms vs Jack and her Grissom kids, Kasumi and Zaeed being patched in as DLC... Having all the other teammates show up somewhere would have been a best case scenario for me too. Javik and Vega taking down an Atlas or Liara delegating some Shadow Broker business to some Volus with Wrex there like "You're a way better Shadow Broker than the last guy!"

Gearing up to play through the series on my let's play channel soon and I'm so excited because it's been a bit since I played them... but I beat ME2 like 28 times already... lololol

MAX 2:
Sweet Sweet Love Magic
TSUGARU
Rain Of Sorrow

So yeah, this is my first entry for the stage creation contest, i'm kinda excited to see how well i'll do with the judges.
I played the everloving crap out of Max 2 back in my teens, and Tsugaru was my sister and I's like favorite (Or maybe second favorite after Let's Groove Tonight and #3 definitely Break Down)

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I honestly was trying to reign in my Mass Effect obsession in it (Though by looking at Jubileus57 Jubileus57 stage, I should have indulged myself lol). More banter, more stops including Phantoms vs Jack and her Grissom kids, Kasumi and Zaeed being patched in as DLC... Having all the other teammates show up somewhere would have been a best case scenario for me too. Javik and Vega taking down an Atlas or Liara delegating some Shadow Broker business to some Volus with Wrex there like "You're a way better Shadow Broker than the last guy!"

Gearing up to play through the series on my let's play channel soon and I'm so excited because it's been a bit since I played them... but I beat ME2 like 28 times already... lololol
Never reign in your ME obsession. Let it flow out like the Reaper genetic material after they harvest organics.

Last edited:

SquashiniKun

Smash Ace
I played the everloving crap out of Max 2 back in my teens, and Tsugaru was my sister and I's like favorite (Or maybe second favorite after Let's Groove Tonight and #3 definitely Break Down)
Happy to meet another DDR fan! I had to make a lot of cuts with the songlist for example i recently replaced Rain Of Sorrow with D2R and replaced D2R with Kakumei, i also replaced Gamelan De Couple with Love Shine as well, WHY DID I HAVE TO LIMIT MY SONG CHOICES TO JUST 3 PER GAME?!

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Ok, so originally I was going to make a stage based on Dragon Quest (because honestly, I’m kind of shocked that series hasn’t already been included in Smash Bros). But then, just about a week ago, it was announced that the newest game in a series I love - a series that up until this point has exclusively been on Playstation and PC - was going to be released on Switch. In other words (with psb123’s blessing), that series is now questionably eligible for this round!

Get your weeb jokes out of the way now, ‘cause it’s time to get my Nep on.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Gamindustri!

Yes, the actual name of the in-game world is Gamindustri. Because Neptunia is based on the games industry, and subtlety is for chumps.

Name of Stage:
Gamindustri

Game of Origin:
Hyperdimension Neptunia

Description of Stage:
"Wait a minute!" I hear you cry, "That doesn't look like a game world! What are you trying to pull?"

Well, calm yourself, mysterious commenter, for I have the answer. You see, this is a touring stage, ala Delphino Plaza or Skyloft! The above image is merely the transition platform. Since there's a lot to explain, I'll leave the regular descriptions in the next section, so...

Gimmicks and Hazards of the Stage:
Right! So to start with, the stage begins on the transfer platform pictured above. The stage will cycle through the different areas pictured below, going back to the transfer platform in-between stages. The stage will stay in each form for around 15 seconds. Visually speaking, the transition happens via interdimensional portals (hence the weird looking background for the transfer platform, modeled after the opening to Re;Birth 1). Across all areas (except the transfer platform), you'll see occasional background appearances from clusters of in-game enemies, like dogoos or pixilvaders.

Now then, let's look at the tour stops! First up, we have Planeptune!

If you're unfamiliar with Neptunia, here's a fun game: try to guess which countries represent which game companies! Trust me, it's not hard.

The Planeptune section of the stage takes the fight to the rooftops of a couple of skyscrapers (ala Saffron City, or Fourside). It may not look like it, but all of the ledges are grabbable, despite the odd angles here and there. Visually, Planeptune is a bustling, futuristic city, and in the background you can see the massive Planeptune Tower, from which the goddess Neptune watches over and protects the city (when she isn't lazing around, anyways).

After 15 seconds, a portal opens up in the sky, and the stage heads back to the transition platform. Another 15 seconds after that, we reach our next stop: Lastation!

See what I mean? They didn't get super creative with the names.

A very different beast from Planeptune, Lastation features a quite unorthodox platform layout - it's a walkoff stage with solid platforms on the sides, but a passable bridge in the middle, with two more passable platforms below that - all hanging above a pit no less! Visually, Lastation is a much more industrial country, so you'll see lots of factories and pipes in the background.

15 seconds here, 15 seconds on the transfer platform, and our next stop arrives: Lowee!

...hold on a second... something seems familiar about this place...

Ah yes, Lowee! Home to my favorite character in the Neptunia series! This stage is back on the rooftops, though with a very different layout from Planeptune! The base platform is made up of two domed rooftops, which are bridged by a more castle-like rooftop. Just above that, a line of totally-original-and-not-stolen-from-any-other-game-series hidden blocks forms a floating passable platform. Visually, Lowee is a land eternally cloaked in winter - fittingly, the stage is covered in snow, and it's snowing constantly! In the background, you can see the Lowee Castle - Lowee's equivalent of Planeptune Tower!

We stay here for 15 seconds, and we travel for 15 seconds, and when we're done, we reach our last stop on this tour - Leanbox!

Did you guess correctly? Like I said, it's pretty easy.

Like Lastation, Leanbox has a kind of weird platform layout - up top, we have a long, passable walkoff platform. Below, we have a solid island-like platform, flanked on either side by the ocean (the water is normal, swimmable water). Visually, Leanbox is a lot more minimalistic than the other nations - rows of trees line the streets, and buildings are fairly sparse on the upper levels. In the background, a large arch stands over the country.

15 more seconds here, and we go back to the transition platform, starting the cycle over again! And... that's it! Aside from the transitions, this stage is 100% hazard free! Hooray!

Music:
Splash (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 1)
One, Two, Three (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 1)
Black Sister Battle (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 2)
White Sister Battle (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 2)
Iris Heart Theme (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 3)
Yellow Heart Theme (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 3)
Will Be Venus (Megadimension Neptunia VII)
Providence (Megadimension Neptunia VII)
Drive Away (Megadimension Neptunia VII)
Miracle! Portable Mission (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 1)

Whew, that's the stage! This is by far the most labor intensive stage I've ever made, so I hope you enjoy!

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Ok, so originally I was going to make a stage based on Dragon Quest (because honestly, I’m kind of shocked that series hasn’t already been included in Smash Bros). But then, just about a week ago, it was announced that the newest game in a series I love - a series that up until this point has exclusively been on Playstation and PC - was going to be released on Switch. In other words (with psb123’s blessing), that series is now questionably eligible for this round!

Get your weeb jokes out of the way now, ‘cause it’s time to get my Nep on.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Gamindustri!

Yes, the actual name of the in-game world is Gamindustri. Because Neptunia is based on the games industry, and subtlety is for chumps.

Name of Stage:
Gamindustri

Game of Origin:
Hyperdimension Neptunia

Description of Stage:
"Wait a minute!" I hear you cry, "That doesn't look like a game world! What are you trying to pull?"

Well, calm yourself, mysterious commenter, for I have the answer. You see, this is a touring stage, ala Delphino Plaza or Skyloft! The above image is merely the transition platform. Since there's a lot to explain, I'll leave the regular descriptions in the next section, so...

Gimmicks and Hazards of the Stage:
Right! So to start with, the stage begins on the transfer platform pictured above. The stage will cycle through the different areas pictured below, going back to the transfer platform in-between stages. The stage will stay in each form for around 15 seconds. Visually speaking, the transition happens via interdimensional portals (hence the weird looking background for the transfer platform, modeled after the opening to Re;Birth 1). Across all areas (except the transfer platform), you'll see occasional background appearances from clusters of in-game enemies, like dogoos or pixilvaders.

Now then, let's look at the tour stops! First up, we have Planeptune!

If you're unfamiliar with Neptunia, here's a fun game: try to guess which countries represent which game companies! Trust me, it's not hard.

The Planeptune section of the stage takes the fight to the rooftops of a couple of skyscrapers (ala Saffron City, or Fourside). It may not look like it, but all of the ledges are grabbable, despite the odd angles here and there. Visually, Planeptune is a bustling, futuristic city, and in the background you can see the massive Planeptune Tower, from which the goddess Neptune watches over and protects the city (when she isn't lazing around, anyways).

After 15 seconds, a portal opens up in the sky, and the stage heads back to the transition platform. Another 15 seconds after that, we reach our next stop: Lastation!

See what I mean? They didn't get super creative with the names.

A very different beast from Planeptune, Lastation features a quite unorthodox platform layout - it's a walkoff stage with solid platforms on the sides, but a passable bridge in the middle, with two more passable platforms below that - all hanging above a pit no less! Visually, Lastation is a much more industrial country, so you'll see lots of factories and pipes in the background.

15 seconds here, 15 seconds on the transfer platform, and our next stop arrives: Lowee!

...hold on a second... something seems familiar about this place...

Ah yes, Lowee! Home to my favorite character in the Neptunia series! This stage is back on the rooftops, though with a very different layout from Planeptune! The base platform is made up of two domed rooftops, which are bridged by a more castle-like rooftop. Just above that, a line of totally-original-and-not-stolen-from-any-other-game-series hidden blocks forms a floating passable platform. Visually, Lowee is a land eternally cloaked in winter - fittingly, the stage is covered in snow, and it's snowing constantly! In the background, you can see the Lowee Castle - Lowee's equivalent of Planeptune Tower!

We stay here for 15 seconds, and we travel for 15 seconds, and when we're done, we reach our last stop on this tour - Leanbox!

Did you guess correctly? Like I said, it's pretty easy.

Like Lastation, Leanbox has a kind of weird platform layout - up top, we have a long, passable walkoff platform. Below, we have a solid island-like platform, flanked on either side by the ocean (the water is normal, swimmable water). Visually, Leanbox is a lot more minimalistic than the other nations - rows of trees line the streets, and buildings are fairly sparse on the upper levels. In the background, a stands over the country.

15 more seconds here, and we go back to the transition platform, starting the cycle over again! And... that's it! Aside from the transitions, this stage is 100% hazard free! Hooray!

Music:
Splash (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 1)
White Sister Battle (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 2)
Iris Heart Theme (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 3)
Will Be Venus (Megadimension Neptunia VII)
Providence (Megadimension Neptunia VII)
Drive Away (Megadimension Neptunia VII)
Miracle! Portable Mission (Hyperdimension Neptunia: Re;Birth 1)

Whew, that's the stage! This is by far the most labor intensive stage I've ever made, so I hope you enjoy!
Well I sure have no idea what any of this is but it's obvious you put just so much work into this stage fam. Great job!

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Well I sure have no idea what any of this is but it's obvious you put just so much work into this stage fam. Great job!
Thanks man! And yeah, I'm expecting 0 points on iconic-ness. Still, this kind of opportunity is rare, so I gotta make the most of it!

D

Deleted member

Thanks man! And yeah, I'm expecting 0 points on iconic-ness. Still, this kind of opportunity is rare, so I gotta make the most of it!
I know you're joking on the whole "0" for Iconic Status thing. But being technical is response to jokes is kind of my thing :p So allow me to say here that technically a "0" on any point category is impossible. It can't ever go below a 1.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Make room, folks. I have 3 days to knock your socks-off with a dandy straight stage.

It should open to the root of what this contest is all about.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Will edit this post later, but hopefully my stage makes a real splash.

Alright, here it is!

Quest 64
Isle of Skye
This stage itself is already unlocked.
Visually, water will once in a while splash about, usually when the Pirate Ship slowly goes about.

bluecavecrystalvalleyisleofskye1a.png

The area below is the the various water that is effectively a bottomless pit. Now, why would water be that way when swimming has existed since Brawl? The answer is this; In Quest 64, water is unable to be walked on or swam in. It's no different from any other blocked off area, making it analogous to a bottomless pit. However, the water effects are still there as the Pirate Ship on the right can come in. The area to the left is based upon Crystal Valley, a beautiful place where the an elderly mage named Epona lives with her little pet Chappy. She does not show up on the stage, but her Cottage does! In the middle is the Isle of Skye itself, complete with a large mountain region, Colleen's own house, and a ton of trees. The main area you are able to stand on, right below Crystal Valley and Isle of Skye is the flooring of Blue Cave. In a twist, Blue Cave is literally like that, a really blue area that has no defining features other than its simplistic pattern. The real danger is in the enemies, and how everything looks the same. Finally, you have Kiliak's Pirate Ship. Besides being a platform, it doesn't do much else for the stage. Normally it is parked right over in front of Colleen's house, but he feels like sailing it around this time. It is said it has the ability to go to other regions of the world, even ones that require dimensional travel otherwise. It doesn't do that on the stage itself, but it will disappear off to the side here and there.

Now let's start the gameplay features with Platforms. You're able to walk on the houses, the top of the mountain region starting from the path from the left to right. You can always walk on top of the tree near the very right. And of course, can walk on the ship itself.

Next, would be the actual revival platforms.

bluecavecrystalvalleyisleofskye2a.png

This is for up to 4 players. If 2 players, it will only have the two middle ones. If it has 3, 5, 6, or 7, they will go in exact order based upon the 8-player design as the image shows below.

bluecavecrystalvalleyisleofskye3a.png

Then there's for 8 player smash. The first revival platform is where the 1st player goes. The rest are in exact order otherwise.

bluecavecrystalvalleyisleofskye3b.png

Finally, the character sizes. This is Brian, who is about 4 feet tall, the hero of Quest 64. This gives you a basic idea of how the stage is size-wise.

As for the Pirate Ship, it will slowly come along from left to right here and there. It has no actual model differences regardless of direction. While going through, it will not push a character either, as it goes fast enough to not block anyone completely. This also means that it's possible to hide for a few seconds or be obscured by it a tad.

Here is all the assets used, plus a few extra Brian colors. To understand how to insert the pieces, do not forget to make sure each piece looks like it flows well with the image, but most importantly, the pixels will be the same on each side. The revival platforms are intended to go in 8 spots of the stage, about the same width from each other. The gray house goes in the middle of the area of the left side, which is part of Crystal Valley. The stalagmites go in two pairs of threes, between the gray house and each side. The mountain area goes near the middle of the entire image, on the far left of the second half of the stage(which is the forest area). After that is the yellow house. You put the rock fence area in front of the yellow house. Finally, the smaller tree all the way to right. The pirate ship itself can ultimately go anywhere, but it's easier to have it wayyyyyyy off to the side. As noted before, the most important part is making sure all the pixels fit really well. When done, enlarge it x4 and you get the proper design of the stage.

The stage does not have traditional hazards via Water waves or the Pirate Ship(which does not have cannons, oddly enough, in canon. On the other hand... an actual Castle does). The hazards consists of a few enemies showing up;

pixie1.png
First is the Pixie, a wind-like entity. It will fly along in a zigazag pattern and use Silence Lvl 2. If it hits someone who isn't blocking via their natural shield(or is immune to everything via a Star or similar situations like Super Sonic), it will temporarily disable the special moves for 5 seconds. However, this does not stop anyone from using a currently active one, so it has no effect on those using their Up B. If they are using a continuous Up B(like R.O.B.) that you keep pressing for a while, it will not affect them till they either are finished and go into a freefall or outright land on the ground. This is to prevent completely unfair hazardous losses.

Next up is the Termant. It will slowly walk along, and then lift itself up and strike an enemy with its forward legs, a simple physical attack. It has knockback not unlike a weaker jab, but can send enemies flying if too high of damage. Ignoring super armor, at about 70%, they'll be sent about a quarter of the stage, going mostly horizontal.

Then we have the almighty Thunder Jell. No, it is not an angry Pac-Man. Using the powers of lightning, but officially Fire, it will jump around a bit before sending a few Homing Arrows around, which won't deal much knockback, but the damage slowly racks up by about 2%. What becomes notable, however, is an enemy hit by it has trouble moving, as if they were Giga Bowser since Brawl. They're treated as they have super armor. Anybody who currently has super armor can walk through it unhindered as if it were like Fox's Laser(since Melee). Homing Arrow Lv2 can be reflected by stuff like Fox's Reflector, but since it fires off 6 arrows, the chances of reflecting it a lot are very low.

Finally, we have the deadliest fish on a stick, the Grangach. It will hop around a little, and then fire off a Walking Water, which has a fairly large hitbox as it goes through the stage, all the way till it hits the wall. However, it does not have a huge amount of knockback, nor a lot of damage. It just basically is an annoyance, not unlike the normal usage of the spell. Due to the spell lingering a bit, it's fairly hard to dodge in itself. It cannot be reflected either by something like Fox's reflector.

When working with these monsters, they all show off a bit of each element; Pixie uses a Wind spell. Termant uses an Earth-style physical blow. Thunder Jell uses a Fire spell. And Grangach basically uses some Water magic.

Now for the music;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqepq-ixZ2I&t= The official battle music. Cause really, how can you not have it?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vk0E-Q3RZ2I&t= And of course, the Boss Battle music. While the boss herself(Nepty) doesn't show up on the stage proper, it's still a good music to have.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na0A_Kz-I8k&t= And of course, part of the stage itself, Blue Cave. Beautiful music. The monsters are anything but.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=43oMOPxb0Qk&t= Next up is Crystal Valley, the inspiration for the left side of the stage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3h5Fe6klv8c&t= Finally, Isle of Skye itself.

Last but not least, if the music links are broken, just let me know.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I am uncomfortable with these two back-to-back puns that haven't been unveiled yet

D

Deleted member

Alright guys. Normally this is where I'd leave a reminder that Round 14 ends tomorrow. But we've got another special situation on our hands. Because Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth and Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy have been hyping up their stages as much as they have, I've decided to extend the deadline until the end of the day on Saturday to give them a little more time to put their submissions together.

However in the event that their stages get submitted before then, I will just call the round after their submissions are posted. Unless they somehow get posted before late in the day on Friday. Then I'll just wait until then.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Alright guys. Normally this is where I'd leave a reminder that Round 14 ends tomorrow. But we've got another special situation on our hands. Because Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth and Sarki Soliloquy Sarki Soliloquy have been hyping up their stages as much as they have, I've decided to extend the deadline until the end of the day on Saturday to give them a little more time to put their submissions together.

However in the event that their stages get submitted before then, I will just call the round after their submissions are posted. Unless they somehow get posted before late in the day on Friday. Then I'll just wait until then.
Thank you. I've been severely overworked with overtime week after week. I admittedly was a bit lazy too since I didn't have a real deadline, which is entirely my fault, no lie. But I appreciate it nonetheless. I have it almost done, I just need to do the platform spots and figure out the right sizes for characters. I don't think I can use my normal sprites for the character the stage is meant for. As noted, it's Quest 64-related, but the actual Brian sprites don't match up with what I made. I didn't directly make it in the same game's style(Quest RPG: Brian's Journey has its own style and size differences). Since the details are getting a bit overwhelming, let's just say it's too inconsistent and I have to look at it a bit more closely first. Thankfully I can easily compare the actual game(Quest 64) and Brian to get a perfect idea of the height differences.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Capital City

Contest14.png
Capital City is a location in Scribblenauts Unlimited, the 3rd Game in the series. It could be considered the most important area in the game, with how many other areas are connected to it. Anyway, the Smash version takes place on the skyline during the nighttime, with two buildings 3/4 the size of FD and a water tower providing for footing. While this is unique enough, that's not the central gimmick. 20-25 seconds into the match, Maxwell (Or his dopplganger if Maxwell is playable) appears.

Maxwell can alter the fight by adding Adjectives to the fighters. Adjectives are well... adjectives, and alter how the character is.Every fighter gets the same adjective. Some examples of adjectives are...
  • Large/Small: The size change is less than from a Mushroom, and damage amount doesn't change.
  • Weightless/Heavy: Alters their weight, so they fall faster or slower. I assure you there are more interesting ones.
  • Cloned: The characters have an identical duplicate, similar to Ice Climbers. The duplicate deals 0.75% of the damage the character regularly does, but the original is the same. The K.O of the clone does not remove a stock.
  • 64/Melee/Brawl: The characters have the physics of the respective game, along with the limitations (64 has no Side Special, Melee has freefall airdodges,etc).
  • Most of the Special Smash options are also there (Exept for stamina, 300%, camera ones, and Superspicy Curry).
Edit: Scribblenauts doesn't have much of a soundtrack. I'm a little disappointed in how the stage turned out. Not expecting to win, so many of the other stages here are so much more passionate.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Scribblenauts Unlimited
Capital City

View attachment 144989
Capital City is a location in Scribblenauts Unlimited, the 3rd Game in the series. It could be considered the most important area in the game, with how many other areas are connected to it. Anyway, the Smash version takes place on the skyline during the nighttime, with two buildings 3/4 the size of FD and a water tower providing for footing. While this is unique enough, that's not the central gimmick. 20-25 seconds into the match, Maxwell (Or his dopplganger if Maxwell is playable) appears.

Maxwell can alter the fight by adding Adjectives to the fighters. Adjectives are well... adjectives, and alter how the character is.Every fighter gets the same adjective. Some examples of adjectives are...
  • Large/Small: The size change is less than from a Mushroom, and damage amount doesn't change.
  • Weightless/Heavy: Alters their weight, so they fall faster or slower. I assure you there are more interesting ones.
  • Cloned: The characters have an identical duplicate, similar to Ice Climbers. The duplicate deals 0.75% of the damage the character regularly does, but the original is the same. The K.O of the clone does not remove a stock.
  • 64/Melee/Brawl: The characters have the physics of the respective game, along with the limitations (64 has no Side Special, Melee has freefall airdodges,etc).
  • Most of the Special Smash options are also there (Exept for stamina, 300%, camera ones, and Superspicy Curry).
Edit: Scribblenauts doesn't have much of a soundtrack. I'm a little disappointed in how the stage turned out. Not expecting to win, so many of the other stages here are so much more passionate.
I
Love
Scribblenauts

I sunk a lot of time into the first game back in the first DS

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
actually, if you could
i need more time on a stage as well
no puns or anything to hint at it but
if i could have that saturday extension to, it'd be grand

D

Deleted member

actually, if you could
i need more time on a stage as well
no puns or anything to hint at it but
if i could have that saturday extension to, it'd be grand
That extension was already open to everyone in the first place. Sorry if that wasn't clear.

D

Deleted member

Reminder that today's the last day for Round 14. I'll be calling it at about Midnight. From my timezone, it is 9:52am as of this post. That leaves roughly 14 hours left.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Finally got the stage up. Let me know if any images are broken, any typos, and if the music opens properly. I wanted to avoid too many media pictures, so I kept the music as links.

Also updated with reference images.

Last edited:

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Why must we fight each other?

Do we look out for each other

when pushed to the brink of reason?

Or are we all just playing pretend?

In this house of dolls,

the only rule we play by

is every man for themselves!

Who’s the apex predator?

Where’s the top of this food chain?

The survival of the fittest?

YOU’RE INVITED TO PLAY THEEEEE…

Nonary Game

Star-Smashing Salutations!

A strange industrial warehouse. A jumbotron showing a TV test card with an unsettling mask whirs a high-pitched tone that mixes with the exhausting vents & the occasional, distant bump of metal.

(Zero Escape (franchise) - DS/3DS/PS Vita/PS4/PC)

SPOILERS FOR VARIOUS PUZZLE ROOMS THROUGHOUT THE SERIES MAY BE PRESENT!
Zero Escape is a trilogy of psychological suspense visual novel puzzle games that started out back on the Nintendo DS in 2009 with the first entry, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (AKA 999). The series is developed by Spike Chunsoft, known for their library of graphic adventure games.

The premise of each game involves 9 strangers waking up in a secluded area after being kidnapped by Zero - the titular antagonist - only to find bracelets each with a single number from 0-9 on their digital interface. Zero is the game master of the Nonary Games - a series of escape-the-room puzzles revolving around the objective to win by escaping the door marked 9. To ensure their subjects play by the rules, Zero often employs killswitches (e.g., implanting bombs in the player’s stomachs, poison canisters in the bracelets that release if a player losses.) This helps push the players to the brink of sanity, often bargaining & betraying other players in order to stay alive.

Zero has received rumors about famous gaming superstars from external dimensions participating in some sort of battle royale. Now they want a piece of that pie! As such, Zero kidnapped some of the Super Smash Brothers & trapped them in a secluded, high-tech chamber in an undisclosed location. But that’s not all! What better way than to document the peril of these far-flung fighters than with some good ol’ fashion reality TV? That’s right! Zero’s recording the battle live through clandestine channels for the sickening, gladiatorial entertainment of the elite underworld. Now heeeeere’s your host, Zero Jr.!

“I see our hoppy contestants are allll awake now! I’m sure you have questions, but if you want to escape this cold li’l warren ‘o’ mine, then you’ll have to play… THE NONARY GAAAAAAME! SMASH, BROS, EDITIOOOOOON!”

Since each Nonary Game has different rules & nuances unique to their gameplay format, this stage encompasses its own format as the Smash Bros. Edition. Because of this, this stage is only available in 8-Player Smash.

“Why so glum, chum? You didn’t think we had the bun-dget to buy some boring ol’ family hour space? Hmm hmmph, our crew worked extwa hawd on the Omega room!”

Now, before we begin, I thought I would mention that this wide stage has a rather high ceiling from its only blast zone on the top side of the screen. This means Up Smashes & aerial combos at high percent are favored here.

Each player is randomly assigned a number between 1-8 at the start of the match. A bracelet icon shows up against each character’s portrait to display this number (which is also rigged to their model not unlike an equipable item):

But wait, isn’t 9 a significant number in this series? Where’s the 9th player!? Glad you asked! You see, one of the 8 players is secretly carrying the 9th digit, meaning Zero’s preemptively framed them as their partner-in-crime. How do we find out who’s the 9th player? Process of elimination:

• Time: Once the 9th player has been KO’d twice since 3 minutes after game clock.
  • Stock: When the 9th player is on their final stock (ignores Share Stock during Team Battle.)
  • Coin: Once the 9th player has been KO’d twice since 3 minutes after game clock AND collects 1,000 Coins.
Once the appropriate condition has been met, Zero Jr. will announce the identity of the 9th player, causing the bracelet icon on their portrait to blink & display 9. A special serum in their bracelet will then to bring them into a ‘super state’ for the rest of the battle, boosting all of their stats & causing more knockback:

Because only the 9th player can open the number 9 door once the match ends (in Team Battle, they can only open the door for the rest of their team.) However, the 9th player can get eliminated in order to obtain the number 9, meaning someone besides the original 9th will win the game:

• Time: Once the 9th player gets KO’d.
  • Stock: Once the 9th player losses all stocks.
  • Coin: Once the 9th player gets KO’d.
  • IF THE 9TH MAN SD’s, THE NUMBER 9 IS RANDOMLY REASSIGNED.
The Nonary Game is divided into several challenges that require the contestants to break out of several rooms across the series. After 50 seconds from the start of the game, buzzers ring as Zero. Jr. announces the stage transition (the only portion where it is possible to KO from below the stage for 4 seconds):

Once the stage is established, at the start of the Escape The Room jingle, the players will have 50 seconds to use their wits to solve 3 puzzles.

“Can you get past the Kitchen? Make sure you save some carrot cake for meeee!”

There is always a procedural randomness to how each of the puzzle’s setpieces are arranged. Shelves & containers fixed with locks are placed around, in which the fighters will have to break open by continuously damaging the locks to retrieve items - which could be for a setpiece, or something like a pile of food, tons of Bob-Ombs, etc. Additionally, an electric fence also blocks the ceiling off, causing electric damage on contact & knocking the opponent back.

However, some items can only be found within the setpieces specific to each puzzle, but won’t match its solution. The players will need to put together 3 solutions, sometimes requiring 2 items placed in a setpiece in order to change it or combine into a single item. But be careful, the items tend to break after taking damage 3-6 times.

If all 3 puzzles are solved before time runs out, the match proceeds as normal. But if the players fail to solve them in time, Zero Jr. will dispense punishments to everyone for the sins of the few (i.e., having everyone explode as if a Bob-Omb burst, Poison Mushroom shrinkings, instant 300% damage, etc.) No reward but the number 9 door? Talk about unfair! The stage resets to the neutral setting it was at the start of the match for 40 seconds before successive Rounds.

Who left their boxers in the freezer?

Additionally, you may find items unrelated to the current puzzle, but could be relevant to a later puzzle. It might be a good idea to hang onto them long enough so they don’t despawn after 40 seconds. Because as the rounds go on, Zero Jr. will throw you a couple curveballs:

“Check your bracelets! Cuz I need some volunteers for this round! Don’t think about hopping from your contracts here, or I’ll pull some meaaaan tricks out of my hat!”

“Ooh, and get ready foooor, THE LIGHTNING ROOOOOUND! You have 30 seconds, starting now, haaahehehee!”

Here’s just a few of the additional rooms that may appear. Please note that the placement & occurrence of setpieces, shelves, & containers may vary at random.

Study: A rusting, metal room with library facets. The two vaults move closer to the center to create a cramped space, with two walls intersecting with passable platforms on the topmost left & right. Computer desks display various graphics, charts & graphs remain posted along boards, and a strange coffin might appear. Various emblems, keys, device components, cards, & ranged weapons (that work!) can be found.

GAULEM Bay: A gloomy, metallic room featuring partial automation. The vaults retract from each other against the middle-top & bottoms of the room to make four quarters. An elevator platform goes up & down the center. Creepy humanoid robots are fixed to some of the walls, with machinery, control panels, & maintenance deck. Keys, chevron blocks, hardware tools, levers, oil, & electronics can be found.

Rec Room: Beige wallpaper with a regal pattern makes this room more calm & inviting. The vaults contract to make a stepstone pattern that has three raised sections, and two deep sections (with the help of the middle floor raising.) Two long platforms resembling ornate tables are suspended from the top left & right. Pool/poker/cards tables, slot machines, jukebox, dart boards, neon bar counter, playing stages with suits of armor, displays of various cultural memorabilia, and even a Zero Jr. kiddie ride are fixed. Jigsaw pieces, dice, darts, martial weapons, pool cues, & various cases & bottles can be found.

Every now & then, Zero Jr. will phone some familiar audience members to help you with some hints. Expect many of your favorite past Nonary Game participants to chime in! In this example, we’ll use the lovely Clover:

Zero Jr.: “Alright, Caller #2, you’re on the horn.”

Clover: “U-um, w-where am I?”
Zero Jr.: “Aaaah, Ms. Cleaver! Do you have any hints for our guests?”
Clover: “I-I dunno what you’re talking about. Just take me home.”
Zero Jr.: “Oh come on, do you know this one or what!?”
Clover: “What? No, I don’t know where this was. But, uhh, I guess I can try to find something. Mmmm, maybe that knife. It looks a little too dulled & rusted. Suppose there’s a way to make it sharper?”
Zero Jr.: “Aaaah, there she goes again! I think Cleaver here is onto something.”

Zero Jr. also can’t resist commentating on the action every now & then. He loves taunting the players. He’ll get some digs in depending on your character too:

“Come on, Phido. I thought these sorts of miser- ‘cuse me, mystery games were your forté! Oooh, don’t tell me you already know the clues? We dun like dem no good dirty cheatahs ‘round here!” (to Phi)

“Hey Marshmellow, it's too bad nothing here will turn you into an super sleuther. But if you wanna turn into s’mores… that can be arranged!” (to Kirby)

“Did you wanna see your friends again, Princess Martha? Doesn’t look like you’re makin’ too many in here. Will they still trust you once they learn their king’s the ambidextrous type? Ah-huh-uh-huhuuuh… awk-waaaaard!” (to Marth)

“You know, I knew another guy with a big bulky suit like yours too. I don’t recall him being able to take it off now, he he he heee.” (to Samus)

Be a good lad & buy Phi’s DLC bundle, duuuuuh! It’s only $59.99!

You also unlock Trophies of Phi, Zero, Zero Jr., Junpei, Clover, Clover (VLR), Nonary Game, & Bracelet as a free bonus!

Unary Game (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors)*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqw6Zagxd9Y

Septenary Game (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bsgSlq2Afg

Ternary Game (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-L8zRUIbO8

Digital Root (Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-t0vxnvhCjQ

Pantry (Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HC-J8fl0_Ik

Monitor (Zero Escape: Virtue’s Last Reward)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1yVqJA3u4Y

Blue Bird Lamentation (Zero Time Dilemma)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHsHJn7lH3g

Trial Suite (Danganronpa Trigger Happy Havoc)**
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uReB_e5DCA8

Door Door Theme (Door Door)
https://youtu.be/ApiMiIPj3VU?t=5s

*: Default stage theme, when no other tracks are adjusted for frequency.

**: Transitions between songs are much shorter than in the sample video. You should be able to cycle through all of them in a default 2 min. Smash.

Last edited:

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
In this house of dolls,
the only rule we play by

Who’s the apex predator?

Nonary Game

A strange industrial warehouse. A jumbotron showing a TV test card with an unsettling mask whirs a high-pitched tone that mixes with the exhausting vents & the occasional, distant bump of metal.

Zero Escape is a trilogy of psychological suspense visual novel puzzle games that started out back on the Nintendo DS in 2009 with the first entry, Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors (AKA 999). The series is developed by Spike Chunsoft, known for their library of graphic adventure games.

The premise of each game involves 9 strangers waking up in a secluded area after being kidnapped by Zero - the titular antagonist - only to find bracelets each with a single number from 0-9 on their digital interface. Zero is the game master of the Nonary Games - a series of escape-the-room puzzles revolving around the objective to win by escaping the door marked 9. To ensure their subjects play by the rules, Zero often employs killswitches (e.g., implanting bombs in the player’s stomachs, poison canisters in the bracelets that release if a player losses.) This helps push the players to the brink of sanity, often bargaining & betraying other players in order to stay alive.

Zero has received rumors about famous gaming superstars from external dimensions participating in some sort of battle royale. Now they want a piece of that pie! As such, Zero kidnapped some of the Super Smash Brothers & trapped them in a secluded, high-tech chamber in an undisclosed location. But that’s not all! What better way than to document the peril of these far-flung fighters than with some good ol’ fashion reality TV? That’s right! Zero’s recording the battle live through clandestine channels for the sickening, gladiatorial entertainment of the elite underworld. Now heeeeere’s your host, Zero Jr.!

“I see our hoppy contestants are allll awake now! I’m sure you have questions, but if you want to escape this cold li’l warren ‘o’ mine, then you’ll have to play… THE NONARY GAAAAAAME! SMASH, BROS, EDITIOOOOOON!”

Since each Nonary Game has different rules & nuances unique to their gameplay format, this stage encompasses its own format as the Smash Bros. Edition. Because of this, this stage is only available in 8-Player Smash.

“Why so glum, chum? You didn’t think we had the bun-dget to buy some boring ol’ family hour space? Hmm hmmph, our crew worked extwa hawd on the Omega room!”

Now, before we begin, I thought I would mention that this wide stage has a rather high ceiling from its only blast zone on the top side of the screen. This means Up Smashes & aerial combos at high percent are favored here.

Each player is randomly assigned a number between 1-8 at the start of the match. A bracelet icon shows up against each character’s portrait to display this number (which is also rigged to their model not unlike an equipable item):

But wait, isn’t 9 a significant number in this series? Where’s the 9th player!? Glad you asked! You see, one of the 8 players is secretly carrying the 9th digit, meaning Zero’s preemptively framed them as their partner-in-crime. How do we find out who’s the 9th player? Process of elimination:

• Time: Once the 9th player has been KO’d twice since 3 minutes after game clock.
  • Stock: When the 9th player is on their final stock (ignores Share Stock during Team Battle.)
  • Coin: Once the 9th player has been KO’d twice since 3 minutes after game clock AND collects 1,000 Coins.
Once the appropriate condition has been met, Zero Jr. will announce the identity of the 9th player, causing the bracelet icon on their portrait to blink & display 9. A special serum in their bracelet will then to bring them into a ‘super state’ for the rest of the battle, boosting all of their stats & causing more knockback:

Because only the 9th player can open the number 9 door once the match ends (in Team Battle, they can only open the door for the rest of their team.) However, the 9th player can get eliminated in order to obtain the number 9, meaning someone besides the original 9th will win the game:
The Nonary Game is divided into several challenges that require the contestants to break out of several rooms across the series. After 50 seconds from the start of the game, buzzers ring as Zero. Jr. announces the stage transition (the only portion where it is possible to KO from below the stage for 4 seconds):

Once the stage is established, at the start of the Escape The Room jingle, the players will have 50 seconds to use their wits to solve 3 puzzles.

There is always a procedural randomness to how each of the puzzle’s setpieces are arranged. Shelves & containers fixed with locks are placed around, in which the fighters will have to break open by continuously damaging the locks to retrieve items - which could be for a setpiece, or something like a pile of food, tons of Bob-Ombs, etc. Additionally, an electric fence also blocks the ceiling off, causing electric damage on contact & knocking the opponent back.

However, some items can only be found within the setpieces specific to each puzzle, but won’t match its solution. The players will need to put together 3 solutions, sometimes requiring 2 items placed in a setpiece in order to change it or combine into a single item. But be careful, the items tend to break after taking damage 3-6 times.

If all 3 puzzles are solved before time runs out, the match proceeds as normal. But if the players fail to solve them in time, Zero Jr. will dispense punishments to everyone for the sins of the few (i.e., having everyone explode as if a Bob-Omb burst, Poison Mushroom shrinkings, instant 300% damage, etc.) No reward but the number 9 door? Talk about unfair! The stage resets to the neutral setting it was at the start of the match for 40 seconds before successive Rounds.

Additionally, you may find items unrelated to the current puzzle, but could be relevant to a later puzzle. It might be a good idea to hang onto them long enough so they don’t despawn after 40 seconds. Because as the rounds go on, Zero Jr. will throw you a couple curveballs:

“Check your bracelets! Cuz I need some volunteers for this round! Don’t think about hopping from your contracts here, or I’ll pull some meaaaan tricks out of my hat!”

“Ooh, and get ready foooor, THE LIGHTNING ROOOOOUND! You have 30 seconds, starting now, haaahehehee!”

Here’s just a few of the additional rooms that may appear. Please note that the placement & occurrence of setpieces, shelves, & containers may vary at random.

Study: A rusting, metal room with library facets. The two vaults move closer to the center to create a cramped space, with two walls intersecting with passable platforms on the topmost left & right. Computer desks display various graphics, charts & graphs remain posted along boards, and a strange coffin might appear. Various emblems, keys, device components, cards, & ranged weapons (that work!) can be found.

GAULEM Bay: A gloomy, metallic room featuring partial automation. The vaults retract from each other against the middle-top & bottoms of the room to make four quarters. An elevator platform goes up & down the center. Creepy humanoid robots are fixed to some of the walls, with machinery, control panels, & maintenance deck. Keys, chevron blocks, hardware tools, levers, oil, & electronics can be found.

Rec Room: Beige wallpaper with a regal pattern makes this room more calm & inviting. The vaults contract to make a stepstone pattern that has three raised sections, and two deep sections (with the help of the middle floor raising.) Two long platforms resembling ornate tables are suspended from the top left & right. Pool/poker/cards tables, slot machines, jukebox, dart boards, neon bar counter, playing stages with suits of armor, displays of various cultural memorabilia, and even a Zero Jr. kiddie ride are fixed. Jigsaw pieces, dice, darts, martial weapons, pool cues, & various cases & bottles can be found.

Every now & then, Zero Jr. will phone some familiar audience members to help you with some hints. Expect many of your favorite past Nonary Game participants to chime in! In this example, we’ll use the lovely Clover:

Clover: “What? No, I don’t know where this was. But, uhh, I guess I can try to find something. Mmmm, maybe that knife. It looks a little too dulled & rusted. Suppose there’s a way to make it sharper?”
Zero Jr.: “Aaaah, there she goes again! I think Cleaver here is onto something.”

Zero Jr. also can’t resist commentating on the action every now & then. He loves taunting the players. He’ll get some digs in depending on your character too:

“Come on, Phido. I thought these sorts of miser- ‘cuse me, mystery games were your forté! Oooh, don’t tell me you already know the clues? We dun like dem no good dirty cheatahs ‘round here!” (to Phi)

“Hey Marshmellow, it's too bad nothing here will turn you into an super sleuther. But if you wanna turn into s’mores… that can be arranged!” (to Kirby)

“Did you wanna see your friends again, Princess Martha? Doesn’t look like you’re makin’ too many in here. Will they still trust you once they learn their king’s the ambidextrous type? Ah-huh-uh-huhuuuh… awk-waaaaard!” (to Marth)

“You know, I knew another guy with a big bulky suit like yours too. I don’t recall him being able to take it off now, he he he heee.” (to Samus)

You also unlock Trophies of Phi, Zero, Zero Jr., Junpei, Clover, Clover (VLR), Nonary Game, & Bracelet as a free bonus!

**: Transitions between songs are much shorter than in the sample video. You should be able to cycle through all of them in a default 2 min. Smash.
I NEVER EXPECTED ZERO ESCAPE

Hnnnnnnngggg I want The Nonary Games collection to come to Switch... I'd buy them for a third time no problem

I'm so glad we waited for your stage

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
@92MilesPrower I took that passing idea in the general thread & made it better!

I NEVER EXPECTED ZERO ESCAPE

Hnnnnnnngggg I want The Nonary Games collection to come to Switch... I'd buy them for a third time no problem

I'm so glad we waited for your stage
OMG, yes! I thought this would've been lost on people, but nah! Oh, the director also wants a game on the Switch, so who knows if we could get a 4th game or a spin-off series entirely!

Could you change the text color? I legitimately can barely read it on black. >.<
Done

GolisoPower

Smash Master

In this house of dolls,

the only rule we play by

Who’s the apex predator?

Nonary Game

I for the life of me, have NEVER heard of Zero Escape, but hot dang if this ain't an awesome stage! You even made mock-ups of the UI and everything!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I forgot about the UI/Percentages thing. Well, I might have enough time to do so later. I even have a proper head icon for Brian. >.>

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
@92MilesPrower I took that passing idea in the general thread & made it better!

OMG, yes! I thought this would've been lost on people, but nah! Oh, the director also wants a game on the Switch, so who knows if we could get a 4th game or a spin-off series entirely!

Done
I keep trying to get people to play the series. Maybe this thread can do the thing... I describe it as a Saw-like surreal visual novel made by the dude who made Pepsiman. And it feels just like that. Hopefully his next game is better than ZTD lol

I for the life of me, have NEVER heard of Zero Escape, but hot dang if this ain't an awesome stage! You even made mock-ups of the UI and everything!
Dude you gotta pick up The Nonary Games collection. It's on Steam, Vita and PS4 and it includes a remade and voice acted version of 999 from the DS as well as the Vita port of the second game. Definitely the definitive way to play these. I've never really played a series as interesting as these games, even if I do find the third game pretty lacking.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I think this is the best round yet. 8 stages, all of which are super unique and good. I actually have no idea who the winner will be.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Thank you! Hopefully you can check out the games if you want a better idea. Just watch an LP of 999 if you want a taste tester. Its an underrated series that could use more love.

I forgot about the UI/Percentages thing. Well, I might have enough time to do so later. I even have a proper head icon for Brian. >.>
Ehn, I only showcased them where relevant. If the Bracelet mechanic had no bearing on the stage, I wouldn't have gone that extra mile. XD

I keep trying to get people to play the series. Maybe this thread can do the thing... I describe it as a Saw-like surreal visual novel made by the dude who made Pepsiman. And it feels just like that. Hopefully his next game is better than ZTD lol
I know someone who kept haranguing me for picking up VLR over 999 1st! So I'm sitting on VLR until I can buy the Nonary Games for 999 1st. But yeah, Smash could really use a menacing stage like this! The OST choices really sell it too. Also, Uchikoshi made the Pepsiman!?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, that's new. Anyway, considering I did mention percentages for hazards, it wouldn't have been a bad idea. That said, I only showed the models of the monsters. It doesn't change much really, other than it not being clearly shown on the actual stage.

Top Bottom