• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Stage Creation Contest (Complete)

D

Deleted member

Poll for Round 14 is up. With Mario RPG's having become Round 13 we now have a Mario Party voting option to take it's place. In addition the Kid Icarus and F-Zero round from before is taking a back seat in favor of a voting option of Yoshi and Wario games. Why? Well because I remembered that with E3 coming up I want to make the options more likely to have stage officially announced available for voting sooner. And outside of Mario and 3rd Party categories the round on the back burner that I think is the most likely to have something announced sooner is..........................well it's actually Xenoblade Chronicles but I want to beat Xenoblade 2 first before that round gets going (about 1/3 of the way there). So since Yoshi and Wario is next in line there, that's what we've got on the poll.

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Fun fact: in my lifetime, I’ve only played two games that would count for this round. The first one is Sticker Star (the less said about that game the better), and the second is Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (which, while fun, I never completed). However, I feel that neither of those games are particularly good candidates for smash stages, so I decided to look elsewhere. Sadly, Super Paper Mario doesn’t count for this round (a damn shame if you ask me), but thanks to Lets Plays, I’m pretty familiar with its predecessor, The Thousand Year Door. And from that game, there’s one area that sticks out to me above all others...

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Creepy Steeple!

I mean, I know people hate this chapter for all the backtracking, but I’m working off of memories of Lets Plays, and I skipped the backtracking when I watched, so I remember it more fondly.

Name of Stage:
Creepy Steeple

Game of Origin:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Description of Stage:
The stage takes place at the top of the Steeple, in Doopliss’ room. The floor makes up the… er, floor, and three passable platforms hang in the air above that. But wait, there’s more! During the match, the passable platforms will both tilt left and right AND move up and down, resulting in a somewhat chaotic platform layout that’s constantly changing! In the background, you’ll be able to see the tops of the trees in the surrounding forest stretching off into the distance, and ominous clouds will float by the moon. There’s one other thing too, though...

Gimmicks and Hazards of the Stage:
...it’s Doopliss! For most of the match, he’ll be sitting in his chair and watching TV. However, on occasion, he’ll get up from his chair and join the fight! He’ll only do this once per match, so pay attention for it!

Once he joins the fight, he’ll target whoever is currently in the lead (via points or remaining stocks+percents, depending on the game mode), and cast a magic spell… suddenly, Doopliss becomes a shadowy copy of that player!

Now that Doopliss is fighting, he’ll primarily target the player he’s copying. However, if anyone deals more than 30% damage to him, he’ll stop, change into the player who has damaged him most, and then resume fighting! Doopliss will stop fighting after either taking a combined 150% damage (at which point he is defeated), or after about 30 seconds of fighting (at which point he stops on his own and returns to watching TV).

When Doopliss is defeated, he’ll turn back to normal, fall down into the background, and remain there for the rest of the match. As a reward, the player who dealt the most damage to him overall will be given temporary ghost-powers, which render them immune to knockback (though they still take damage). This ghost effect lasts for 10 seconds, after which it wears off.

Music:
Doopliss Battle (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Twilight Town (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Shadow Queen (Phase 2) (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Bowser Battle (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)

And that’s that! I hope you enjoy!
Oh dear, I was tempted to do a Creepy Steeple stage as well as it is my favourite location in TTYD (which is one of my most favourite games overall) XD

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Fun fact: in my lifetime, I’ve only played two games that would count for this round. The first one is Sticker Star (the less said about that game the better), and the second is Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam (which, while fun, I never completed). However, I feel that neither of those games are particularly good candidates for smash stages, so I decided to look elsewhere. Sadly, Super Paper Mario doesn’t count for this round (a damn shame if you ask me), but thanks to Lets Plays, I’m pretty familiar with its predecessor, The Thousand Year Door. And from that game, there’s one area that sticks out to me above all others...

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Creepy Steeple!

I mean, I know people hate this chapter for all the backtracking, but I’m working off of memories of Lets Plays, and I skipped the backtracking when I watched, so I remember it more fondly.

Name of Stage:
Creepy Steeple

Game of Origin:
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door

Description of Stage:
The stage takes place at the top of the Steeple, in Doopliss’ room. The floor makes up the… er, floor, and three passable platforms hang in the air above that. But wait, there’s more! During the match, the passable platforms will both tilt left and right AND move up and down, resulting in a somewhat chaotic platform layout that’s constantly changing! In the background, you’ll be able to see the tops of the trees in the surrounding forest stretching off into the distance, and ominous clouds will float by the moon. There’s one other thing too, though...

Gimmicks and Hazards of the Stage:
...it’s Doopliss! For most of the match, he’ll be sitting in his chair and watching TV. However, on occasion, he’ll get up from his chair and join the fight! He’ll only do this once per match, so pay attention for it!

Once he joins the fight, he’ll target whoever is currently in the lead (via points or remaining stocks+percents, depending on the game mode), and cast a magic spell… suddenly, Doopliss becomes a shadowy copy of that player!

Now that Doopliss is fighting, he’ll primarily target the player he’s copying. However, if anyone deals more than 30% damage to him, he’ll stop, change into the player who has damaged him most, and then resume fighting! Doopliss will stop fighting after either taking a combined 150% damage (at which point he is defeated), or after about 30 seconds of fighting (at which point he stops on his own and returns to watching TV).

When Doopliss is defeated, he’ll turn back to normal, fall down into the background, and remain there for the rest of the match. As a reward, the player who dealt the most damage to him overall will be given temporary ghost-powers, which render them immune to knockback (though they still take damage). This ghost effect lasts for 10 seconds, after which it wears off.

Music:
Doopliss Battle (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Twilight Town (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Shadow Queen (Phase 2) (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)
Bowser Battle (Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)

And that’s that! I hope you enjoy!
Ugh that constant backtracking tho

My pain

Great stage fam

Edit: Realtalk I had some good ideas for this round. First I was gonna do a Glitz Pit stage because it's the best chapter in TTYD (Then I was gonna do an Excess Express stage because it's second best), then I was gonna do a "Finding General White" stage but that was far too much work and the whole time I had the Shy Guy Toybox stage in the back of my head

Last edited:

MegaMarioMan9

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HelpMii
3DS FC
4811-7447-1151
The Glitz Pit
(Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)

Overview: This stage is one of the possible permutations of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door's battle stages. The Glitz Pit is where the greatest fighters of the Paper Mario universe come to fight it out for the Champ's Belt and world fame. This stage would represent the Paper Mario series' integral battle segments, a natural arena for the champions of Smash to duke it out in.

Stage Layout: The basic layout is somewhat similar to the Punch-Out Boxing Ring stage with a few minor differences. The overhead lights cannot be stood on, and instead of the surrounding ropes there are steps leading up to the main stage.

Gimmicks/Hazards: While the layout may be basic, the stage more than makes up for this in other ways.
  1. Spray-Jet Machines - On either side of the main stage are nozzles that will randomly spray one of three different sprays. Fog will obscure the main stage, making it impossible to see any characters unless they are to the side of the stage or above the fog. Flames will inflict heavy damage and kill most characters around 80-100% damage. Ice will freeze characters solid, opening them up to enemy attacks.
  2. The Audience - Occasionally, the audience will target and throw various objects at characters depending on how well they're doing. Players in the lead will have health items such as mushrooms thrown at them, while players doing poorly will have rocks and cans thrown at them. Mushrooms will instantly heal players when they come in contact, but rocks and cans can be avoided and then picked up to be used as thrown items.
  3. Rawk Hawk - Rawk Hawk walks up to the main stage to join the battle. He starts with his signature pose and proceeds to perform a series of random moves. He can perform high speed dives/glides and stomps. Before leaving the stage, he performs one final move where he jumps up, hangs from the light fixtures, and shakes it to rain down various damaging objects onto the fighters.
Newcomer: Paper Mario joins the battle! Since this is all about the stage, I'll keep it brief. Paper Mario would use a variety of hammer attacks, stickers, and the help of his partners to aid him in battle. He would be a lightweight character that relies on thought-out strategies and combos rather than heavy damage to take out his opponents. The Glitz Pit stage is intended to be Paper Mario's complimentary stage.

How to Unlock: This stage is unlocked by playing as Paper Mario in 10 VS. matches.

Music: The Paper Mario series is ripe for the picking when it comes to music potential. Battle music would be most fitting for Smash, so a majority of the included songs are battle themes. In addition to Paper Mario music, songs would also be included from the Mario & Luigi series due to the obvious thematic similarities.
Battle Theme Medley [Remix]: A medley consisting of the normal battle themes from Paper Mario (N64), The Thousand Year Door, Sticker Star, and Color Splash. (I don't have a good example, so I'll just post TTYD's battle theme.)
Vs. Rawk Hawk [Remix]: A song that plays during the fight with Rawk Hawk. Seeing as how he appears as a stage hazard, it only makes sense to include his signature theme.
King of the Koopas [Remix]: The final battle theme from the original Paper Mario, an intense theme that could do with a new mix.
Francis Battle [Original]: A very catchy techno battle theme.
The Ultimate Show [Original]: A dark, intense, orchestral theme that captures the essence of a great finale.
Gooper Blooper Battle Boogie [Original]: One of the catchier boss themes from Sticker Star, a good fit for battle.
Port Prisma [Original]: Just to round off the games, I figured I'd throw in a Color Splash song. This one's more calm than most of the songs I've listed, but it's well-composed and would fit well enough.
Tough Guy Alert! [Original, Returing]: The following three songs have already appeared in Smash, and this stage would be the most fitting for them to appear on. The Mario & Luigi series deserves song representation too, and this would be a good way to include them.
The Grand Finale [Original, Returning]
Try, Try Again! [Remix, Returning]

(SPECIAL) Tattle Log: Just like Snake's Codec and Palutena's Guidance, the Tattle Log would serve as a secret little Easter Egg for the Paper Mario fans. If Paper Mario correctly performs his taunt on this stage, Goombella will appear and perform her Tattle ability on the opponent. A series of text boxes appear on the screen, providing Paper Mario with information on the enemy, consisting of a humorous bio and listed stats. Goombella will make various references to the Paper Mario series (when applicable), just like the Snake and Palutena Easter Eggs that came before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's about everything I needed to cover! I really want more Paper Mario representation in the next Smash. Paper Mario becoming a playable character and coming with a new stage would be ideal, but I'll be happy with anything new. I'm very passionate about this series, so thanks for checking out my ideas. Good luck to the other contestants!

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
The Glitz Pit
(Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door)

Overview: This stage is one of the possible permutations of Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door's battle stages. The Glitz Pit is where the greatest fighters of the Paper Mario universe come to fight it out for the Champ's Belt and world fame. This stage would represent the Paper Mario series' integral battle segments, a natural arena for the champions of Smash to duke it out in.

Stage Layout: The basic layout is somewhat similar to the Punch-Out Boxing Ring stage with a few minor differences. The overhead lights cannot be stood on, and instead of the surrounding ropes there are steps leading up to the main stage.

Gimmicks/Hazards: While the layout may be basic, the stage more than makes up for this in other ways.
  1. Spray-Jet Machines - On either side of the main stage are nozzles that will randomly spray one of three different sprays. Fog will obscure the main stage, making it impossible to see any characters unless they are to the side of the stage or above the fog. Flames will inflict heavy damage and kill most characters around 80-100% damage. Ice will freeze characters solid, opening them up to enemy attacks.
  2. The Audience - Occasionally, the audience will target and throw various objects at characters depending on how well they're doing. Players in the lead will have health items such as mushrooms thrown at them, while players doing poorly will have rocks and cans thrown at them. Mushrooms will instantly heal players when they come in contact, but rocks and cans can be avoided and then picked up to be used as thrown items.
  3. Rawk Hawk - Rawk Hawk walks up to the main stage to join the battle. He starts with his signature pose and proceeds to perform a series of random moves. He can perform high speed dives/glides and stomps. Before leaving the stage, he performs one final move where he jumps up, hangs from the light fixtures, and shakes it to rain down various damaging objects onto the fighters.
Newcomer: Paper Mario joins the battle! Since this is all about the stage, I'll keep it brief. Paper Mario would use a variety of hammer attacks, stickers, and the help of his partners to aid him in battle. He would be a lightweight character that relies on thought-out strategies and combos rather than heavy damage to take out his opponents. The Glitz Pit stage is intended to be Paper Mario's complimentary stage.

How to Unlock: This stage is unlocked by playing as Paper Mario in 10 VS. matches.

Music: The Paper Mario series is ripe for the picking when it comes to music potential. Battle music would be most fitting for Smash, so a majority of the included songs are battle themes. In addition to Paper Mario music, songs would also be included from the Mario & Luigi series due to the obvious thematic similarities.
Battle Theme Medley [Remix]: A medley consisting of the normal battle themes from Paper Mario (N64), The Thousand Year Door, Sticker Star, and Color Splash. (I don't have a good example, so I'll just post TTYD's battle theme.)
Vs. Rawk Hawk [Remix]: A song that plays during the fight with Rawk Hawk. Seeing as how he appears as a stage hazard, it only makes sense to include his signature theme.
King of the Koopas [Remix]: The final battle theme from the original Paper Mario, an intense theme that could do with a new mix.
Francis Battle [Original]: A very catchy techno battle theme.
The Ultimate Show [Original]: A dark, intense, orchestral theme that captures the essence of a great finale.
Gooper Blooper Battle Boogie [Original]: One of the catchier boss themes from Sticker Star, a good fit for battle.
Port Prisma [Original]: Just to round off the games, I figured I'd throw in a Color Splash song. This one's more calm than most of the songs I've listed, but it's well-composed and would fit well enough.
Tough Guy Alert! [Original, Returing]: The following three songs have already appeared in Smash, and this stage would be the most fitting for them to appear on. The Mario & Luigi series deserves song representation too, and this would be a good way to include them.
The Grand Finale [Original, Returning]
Try, Try Again! [Remix, Returning]

(SPECIAL) Tattle Log: Just like Snake's Codec and Palutena's Guidance, the Tattle Log would serve as a secret little Easter Egg for the Paper Mario fans. If Paper Mario correctly performs his taunt on this stage, Goombella will appear and perform her Tattle ability on the opponent. A series of text boxes appear on the screen, providing Paper Mario with information on the enemy, consisting of a humorous bio and listed stats. Goombella will make various references to the Paper Mario series (when applicable), just like the Snake and Palutena Easter Eggs that came before.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's about everything I needed to cover! I really want more Paper Mario representation in the next Smash. Paper Mario becoming a playable character and coming with a new stage would be ideal, but I'll be happy with anything new. I'm very passionate about this series, so thanks for checking out my ideas. Good luck to the other contestants!
YASSSSS

I live for this stage.

GreenOfRain

Smash Rookie
Plack Beach
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story is my favorite Mario RPG, and a contender for the best one. So of course I wanted to represent it in the stage contest. There are a lot of memorable moments from the game: Entering the Pump Works and having to change between Swimming and Walking to platform around, Bowser fighting Midbus surrounded by his brainwashed minions, Freezing up the Airway, Giant Bowser dueling with a weaponized Peach's Castle, the list goes on and on. But to represent the game, I chose a location which I think embodies the adventure best.

Plack Beach.
It's the place where Bowser gets the Tornado Inhale Block, where we meet Broque Monsieur and Broggy, where Mario and Luigi get the final star cure, and where Bowser teams up with the Mario Bros. to fight a boss for the first time. It's a tour de force of all the awesome occurrences in Bowser's Inside Story.

As a stage, Plack Beach is on sand that's raised above the beach. In the background, you can see Chakron's tower, and Dimble wood. On the stage, Chakron, Broque Monsieur, and Broggy are cheering the fighters on.

Platforms

The Base of the stage is sand. The sand itself doesn't change. Embedded in the sand, on the left-hand side of the stage, is a Chakron Statue, from his tower. It can be tilted up, or down.

There is a palm tree that acts as a single passable platform. It is the only Platform that stays still during battle.

The Sea Pipe Statue exists on the stage, spewing water upwards from its 2 pipes. Suspended in the water stream are 2 separate platforms, that move up and down independently, depending on the water being shot out of the statue.

Stage Gimmicks

Chakron can tilt the Statue of himself up and down. It always starts in the up position. The statue stays in the position it's currently in for 24 seconds, then Chakron uses his star sage magic to slowly tilt the statue up or down for 6 seconds, finally it comes to a rest in the opposite position, and the cycle starts anew.

Broque Monsieur and Broggy are on the stage. Every 35 seconds, Broggy jumps into the fray, running and jumping around. He behaves like Gogoat does, except he doesn't damage players. Broggy can be used as a platform for 10 seconds, then he jumps back to his owner, and waits for the next time he can break loose.

Unlock Conditions

Play as Bowser for 30 battles.

Music

Plack Beach - Bowser's Inside Story
Plack Beach (Inside Bowser) - Bowser's Inside Story
Dimble Wood - Bowser's Inside Story
Cavi Cape - Bowser's Inside Story
Tough Guy Alert! (Smash 4) - Bowser's Inside Story
The Grand Finale (Smash 4) - Bowser's inside Story
Daisy Cruiser - Mario Kart Double Dash!!
Cheep Cheep Beach - Mario Kart DS
Beach Bowl Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy
Dire, Dire Docks - Super Mario 64

Last edited:

TKOWL

Smash Apprentice
Stage Name:
Luiginary Works

Origin:
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team

Description:

This stage originates from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, the fourth in the Mario & Luigi series. In it, the plumbers visit the Pillo Kingdom, a place where dreams are said to be extravagant. Through a series of events, the nightmarish dream villain Antasma is unleashed from his slumber and in order to stop him, Mario must venture through a sleeping Luigi's dream world, joined too by a dreamy version of the younger brother. In his dream world, Dreamy Luigi can possess background elements that can alter the inner state of world via Luigi's face and conditions being manipulated by Starlow in the real world.

The stage is one base platform with a slight slant at the top, covered up by two solid platforms and one pass-through one. The stage layout is simple mostly for the chaos that can ensue. Dreamy Luigis in his Dream Team sprite form will be walking around as the background bring in multiple new areas and landmarks from the original game. Sometimes it is buildings and other architexture that does not interract at all with the foreground, but sometimes they are empty Luiginary Works. During downtimes, a tree can spawn in the middle and a Dreamy Luigi may enter it. This tree will grab fighters that come close to its mustache branches and throws them in the other direction. Another work that comes in is a spinning drill, which gets a Luigi face and begins spinning at one of the corners of the pit, causing damage. The shining sun in the background might be Dreamy Luigi's next target, as when it's taken over Luigi can turn it cold, turning the top layer of the stage into ice. Yet another drifting work, a planet, is ripe for Dreamy Luigi's magic, and its slight turning can tilt the stage at minor angles. The final work is the propeller, which causes a light blowing wind to push fighters. Randomly, Luigi can sneeze while in the propeller and it will shoot a sudden intense wind gust. The Luiginary Works are active for about 15-25 seconds at a time, and while their order of appearance will be random, no more than one will be out at a time.

The Dreamy Luigis do multiple things in the background, such as forming a Luiginary Stack, Ball, or Tornado, doing silly animations. Sometimes, a bunch can form into a giant Luigi and jump around. The fighter Luigi can battle perfectly fine on this stage too. Don't think too hard about the implications.

Unlockable?:

Yes (Have Luigi be asleep for a cumulative time of one minute)

Music:

Victory in the Dream World (Remix)
Try, Try Again (Original) (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
Try, Try Again (Smash 3DS/Wii U Remix) (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
Never Let Up! (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
Size Up Your Enemy (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
The Final Antasma Battle (Remix)
Adventure's End (Mario & Luigi: Dream Team)
Mixed-Up Scramble (Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam)
Big Bang! (Remix)
Papercraft Bowser (Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam)
The Grand Finale (Remix)
Fawful/Cackletta Battle (Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions)
Shroob Battle Meledy (Remix)

D

Deleted member

Stage Name:
Luiginary Works

Origin:

Description:

This stage originates from Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, the fourth in the Mario & Luigi series. In it, the plumbers visit the Pillo Kingdom, a place where dreams are said to be extravagant. Through a series of events, the nightmarish dream villain Antasma is unleashed from his slumber and in order to stop him, Mario must venture through a sleeping Luigi's dream world, joined too by a dreamy version of the younger brother. In his dream world, Dreamy Luigi can possess background elements that can alter the inner state of world via Luigi's face and conditions being manipulated by Starlow in the real world.

The stage is one base platform with a slight slant at the top, covered up by two solid platforms and one pass-through one. The stage layout is simple mostly for the chaos that can ensue. Dreamy Luigis in his Dream Team sprite form will be walking around as the background bring in multiple new areas and landmarks from the original game. Sometimes it is buildings and other architexture that does not interract at all with the foreground, but sometimes they are empty Luiginary Works. During downtimes, a tree can spawn in the middle and a Dreamy Luigi may enter it. This tree will grab fighters that come close to its mustache branches and throws them in the other direction. Another work that comes in is a spinning drill, which gets a Luigi face and begins spinning at one of the corners of the pit, causing damage. The shining sun in the background might be Dreamy Luigi's next target, as when it's taken over Luigi can turn it cold, turning the top layer of the stage into ice. Yet another drifting work, a planet, is ripe for Dreamy Luigi's magic, and its slight turning can tilt the stage at minor angles. The final work is the propeller, which causes a light blowing wind to push fighters. Randomly, Luigi can sneeze while in the propeller and it will shoot a sudden intense wind gust. The Luiginary Works are active for about 15-25 seconds at a time, and while their order of appearance will be random, no more than one will be out at a time.

The Dreamy Luigis do multiple things in the background, such as forming a Luiginary Stack, Ball, or Tornado, doing silly animations. Sometimes, a bunch can form into a giant Luigi and jump around. The fighter Luigi can battle perfectly fine on this stage too. Don't think too hard about the implications.

Unlockable?:

Music:

Big Bang! (Remix)
The Grand Finale (Remix)

Without saying anything about the quality of your stage (saving that for the grades), I love how freaked out Luigi looks to be in this place XD

Jubileus57

Smash Ace
Stage Name:
Luiginary Works

Origin:

Description:

Unlockable?:

Music:

Big Bang! (Remix)
The Grand Finale (Remix)

Let me guess, when Luigi joins the battle, Alfonso takes care of the Luiginary Works. Dreamy Alfonso: "Leave it to me!"

Dead memes aside it looks like a very fun stage :D

D

Deleted member

So we're in a bit of an......odd situations regarding some upcoming rounds. When Round 14 starts this coming Monday that will mark a remainder of 4 weeks until E3, where we know that Smash is going to have a large focus.

Normally I let votes in the polls decide which round is next, but there are two particular categories I'm a little paranoid about right now. Those being Other Non-Indie 3rd Parties and Xenoblade Chronicles. Both are categories that I can see having stages announced at E3 and that causes me to worry that, in the case of Xenoblade, the round might be rendered a moot point if we already know what stage from that series is in the game. And in the case of 3rd Parties, if a character that someone would have submitted a stage for gets revealed, and their stage with them, then it would be kind of pointless to feature them in that round.

Because of this, I would like to do it so that whichever Round wins the Round 14 Poll becomes Round 14. Other Non-Indie 3rd Parties becomes Round 15. And Xenoblade Chronicles becomes Round 16.

That's the way I WANT to do it, but I want to double check with you guys before I set that in stone and see how you all think this should be handled.

Bear in mind though that Rex & Pyra as a Xenoblade Character is pretty darn likely. And since that game was released holiday last year there's at least a decent chance they could get revealed come E3. And there are a lot of rumors floating about that 3rd Party games like the Spyro Reignited Trilogy and Kingdom Hearts 3 will be announced for Switch then as well (which, I doubt we'll get a KH3 on Switch announcement this E3. But no one knows for sure until it gets here).

But it's not set in stone yet what's going to be done in response to this. I'm waiting for feedback before I decide that. What do you guys think?

D

Deleted member

Alright guys. PeridotGX PeridotGX asked if I could wait until he submits his idea before I call it on Round 13. And that is what I'm going to do. So it's pretty likely that the cut-off won't be until tomorrow.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
This is awkward. my stage is very conceptually simmilar to TKOWL's, but I don't have enough time to come with another stage and got too much work done on this one. Anyways...

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team
Dream World

Contest13.png
Coming from the first of 4 Mario RPGs on the 3DS, Mario and Luigi Dream Team features the Dream World, a 2D dimension where a lot of strange stuff happens. In Smash Bros, the stage's basic layout is rather simple, with two floating platforms going up and down. The gimmick that sets this stage apart is the Luiginoid Constellation!
upload_2018-5-11_17-55-26.jpeg
The constilation drifts onto the stage every 30-40 seconds. The first character to contact it receives a temporary buff, with a 1.15x buff to Knockback and Range that lasts 12 seconds, as well as a green glow around them. But that isn't all: If you press both A and B at the same time, the Luiginary Stack forms, with the fighter on top of a stack of 2D Luigis.
While on the tower, you cant attack, but the tower itself has a hitbox, has a decent jump, and has no knockback(But to balance it, characters it damages have double the regular invincibility frames to prevent it from being too overpowered). By pressing B and A again, the tower collapses and you go back to the buffed form.

This stage is unlocked by having characters asleep for at least 30 seconds and/or unlocking Luigi.

Music

Try, Try Again (SSB4)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_EU7nKV2Vg

Boss Theme (Dream Team)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bR2lft3cduc

The Final Antasma Battle*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihouKiRVD44

Battle Theme (Superstar Saga + Bowser's Minions)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sjs_63wEOAM

Battle Theme (Partners In Time)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JbXzs_2wJw

Boss Theme (Bowser's Inside Story)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=so5E7Y6yVqc

Boss Theme (Paper Jam)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L150PCOGI3A

In The Final (BIS)*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z6M2xt_Ks4Y
Notes: I don't think I'm going to win this one, TKOWL did the concept much better. I should've prepared for this round better.

D

Deleted member

Alright guys. Round 13 is now closed. See you tomorrow with the grades for it.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
I have a random question, @psb123

For the "Other Kirby Games Stages" round, would Star Allies be included? I ask this because it definitely ties in with the "Modern Kirby Stages" round that we've already done, but it wasn't included back then. I know you're probably looking for entries from older Kirby games, but I feel like Star Allies has a decent chance of getting a new stage in this Smash and therefore should be included in the competition at some point.

D

Deleted member

I have a random question, @psb123

For the "Other Kirby Games Stages" round, would Star Allies be included? I ask this because it definitely ties in with the "Modern Kirby Stages" round that we've already done, but it wasn't included back then. I know you're probably looking for entries from older Kirby games, but I feel like Star Allies has a decent chance of getting a new stage in this Smash and therefore should be included in the competition at some point.
Actually the point of that "other kirby games" round isn't to stick to older kirby games, but to give the rest of the kirby series a chance to shine since Round 1 only focused on 3 games. So yes, Star Allies is included.

Of course, Star Fox is currently in the lead on the poll. So, that's a thing.

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
Name: Prism Island

Description (Gimmicks and Hazards included here):

Prism Island is based off of Paper Mario Color Splash and transitions through various areas from the game, with each transition being based off of a stage or group of stage that revolve around the same color atheistic.
The initial transformation is based on Port Prisma which will have fighters fighting on the lower bridge above the main square with the platform with the mini red paint star above it. These platforms can be stood on and the large platform is unable to be passed through. Shy Guys, Slurp Guys, Paper Mario and Toads may run through the background but won't interfere with the battle. This transition is always first and will last 50 seconds. The stage will then transition to another area by spilling paint on the background and transitioning to a grounded platform for about 10 seconds.
upload_2018-5-12_19-37-35.png

The next transition is random and may be:

Ruddy Road: You will spawn on a grounded platform in front of the Toad Cafe. This transition is the most simple and doesn't do anything special. Sometimes speech bubble will appear over the Shy Guys. Occasionally the fan (from Cherry Lake) appears in the background on one side of the stage and blows wind in one direction. This transition lasts about 40 seconds.

Green Energy Plant: You spawn outside the energy plant which is just a flat platform. However, A toad with a TV and some machines will be sitting in the background next to the house. However, the Toad will pull a lever after about 10 seconds and the screen will turn white and transport the players into the Mario 3 section of the level. The players will get to fight on the some green pass-through platforms that act exactly like they would in Mario 3. Sometimes, 2 paper Boomerang Bros. Will spawn in the background and throw boomerangs at the players, dealing 5% damage each. The transition lasts 55 seconds.

Dark Bloo Inn: If you spawn here, the stage will assume a similar transition to the omega form of Luigi's mansion except that the camera and the blastzone shows farther down in this new stage. Enemies will sometimes run through the background carrying 'it.' When the Sledge Bro. runs through the background, he throws a single hammer dealing 12% damage. Sometimes Paper Mario will run through and beat the enemies up and restore color to 'it'. If Paper Mario doesn't run through, some Scardy Rats may run through dealing minimal knockback and 3% damage to any fighters it contacts. This transition lasts 50 seconds.

Daffodil Peak: If you spawn here, You will spawn on the bottom of the mountain and the stage will scroll up. There will be many platforms to stand on. Paper Red Paratroopas will spawn as enemies and will fly up and down of left and right. Stoping them will turn them into normal troopas and stomping them again will turn them into shells which can be used like the item. The only difference is that they deal less damage when thrown as they are paper. When the stage reaches the top, the Mountain Sage at the top will wave at you and the stage will transition again. Paper Mario may be seen walking around on one of the platforms but he can't be interacted with. This transition lasts 60 seconds.

upload_2018-5-12_20-36-18.png

Unlockable:
Yes

Method:
Complete 100-Man Smash as Mario in under 2 minutes and 50 seconds or Clear Classic as Bowser.

Music:

Paper Mario Color Splash Medley: This medley consists of several themes, 1 for each transition. These Themes are:
Port Prisma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbYzs8kOzo
Ruddy Road: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDNdIsVbwsI
Daffodil Peak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMhaJ5Khvc
Eerie Hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSjKpNULOj4&index=34&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1iAeh9FtaEqERJslHXrMh7
Super Mario Bros 3 (Color Splash): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXq04zgobCQ

Battle Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UhLGZf0sV4&list=PLV9ZrDQVqbTW-pNdfC3sKOFTYqr9xeAgF

Bloo Bay Beach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COmPrXmuUi0&index=56&list=PLV9ZrDQVqbTW-
pNdfC3sKOFTYqr9xeAgF

Black Bowser's Castle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir2GqdUfPHk&index=24&list=PLV9ZrDQVqbTW-pNdfC3sKOFTYqr9xeAgF

Cherry Lake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd5PupO9EFg&index=23&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1iAeh9FtaEqERJslHXrMh7

Paper Mario Medley (3DS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L18oIuS4fGA

Try, Try Again (3DS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_EU7nKV2Vg

Battle Theme (TTYD): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPYki-9eO4Y

Lineland Road (SPM): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2tbSZecN9c

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Name: Prism Island

Description (Gimmicks and Hazards included here):

Prism Island is based off of Paper Mario Color Splash and transitions through various areas from the game, with each transition being based off of a stage or group of stage that revolve around the same color atheistic.
The initial transformation is based on Port Prisma which will have fighters fighting on the lower bridge above the main square with the platform with the mini red paint star above it. These platforms can be stood on and the large platform is unable to be passed through. Shy Guys, Slurp Guys, Paper Mario and Toads may run through the background but won't interfere with the battle. This transition is always first and will last 50 seconds. The stage will then transition to another area by spilling paint on the background and transitioning to a grounded platform for about 10 seconds.
View attachment 143922

The next transition is random and may be:

Ruddy Road: You will spawn on a grounded platform in front of the Toad Cafe. This transition is the most simple and doesn't do anything special. Sometimes speech bubble will appear over the Shy Guys. Occasionally the fan (from Cherry Lake) appears in the background on one side of the stage and blows wind in one direction. This transition lasts about 40 seconds.

Green Energy Plant: You spawn outside the energy plant which is just a flat platform. However, A toad with a TV and some machines will be sitting in the background next to the house. However, the Toad will pull a lever after about 10 seconds and the screen will turn white and transport the players into the Mario 3 section of the level. The players will get to fight on the some green pass-through platforms that act exactly like they would in Mario 3. Sometimes, 2 paper Boomerang Bros. Will spawn in the background and throw boomerangs at the players, dealing 5% damage each. The transition lasts 55 seconds.

Dark Bloo Inn: If you spawn here, the stage will assume a similar transition to the omega form of Luigi's mansion except that the camera and the blastzone shows farther down in this new stage. Enemies will sometimes run through the background carrying 'it.' When the Sledge Bro. runs through the background, he throws a single hammer dealing 12% damage. Sometimes Paper Mario will run through and beat the enemies up and restore color to 'it'. If Paper Mario doesn't run through, some Scardy Rats may run through dealing minimal knockback and 3% damage to any fighters it contacts. This transition lasts 50 seconds.

Daffodil Peak: If you spawn here, You will spawn on the bottom of the mountain and the stage will scroll up. There will be many platforms to stand on. Paper Red Paratroopas will spawn as enemies and will fly up and down of left and right. Stoping them will turn them into normal troopas and stomping them again will turn them into shells which can be used like the item. The only difference is that they deal less damage when thrown as they are paper. When the stage reaches the top, the Mountain Sage at the top will wave at you and the stage will transition again. Paper Mario may be seen walking around on one of the platforms but he can't be interacted with. This transition lasts 60 seconds.

View attachment 143943

Unlockable:
Yes

Method:
Complete 100-Man Smash as Mario in under 2 minutes and 50 seconds or Clear Classic as Bowser.

Music:

Paper Mario Color Splash Medley: This medley consists of several themes, 1 for each transition. These Themes are:
Port Prisma: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fbYzs8kOzo
Ruddy Road: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDNdIsVbwsI
Daffodil Peak: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOMhaJ5Khvc
Eerie Hotel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSjKpNULOj4&index=34&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1iAeh9FtaEqERJslHXrMh7
Super Mario Bros 3 (Color Splash): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXq04zgobCQ

Battle Theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UhLGZf0sV4&list=PLV9ZrDQVqbTW-pNdfC3sKOFTYqr9xeAgF

Bloo Bay Beach: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COmPrXmuUi0&index=56&list=PLV9ZrDQVqbTW-
pNdfC3sKOFTYqr9xeAgF

Black Bowser's Castle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir2GqdUfPHk&index=24&list=PLV9ZrDQVqbTW-pNdfC3sKOFTYqr9xeAgF

Cherry Lake: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xd5PupO9EFg&index=23&list=PL6akIKaXBeU1iAeh9FtaEqERJslHXrMh7

Paper Mario Medley (3DS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L18oIuS4fGA

Try, Try Again (3DS): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_EU7nKV2Vg

Battle Theme (TTYD): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPYki-9eO4Y

Lineland Road (SPM): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2tbSZecN9c
So sorry man. But the cut off for Round 13 was already called. I do think you have an interesting stage here and it's a nice submission to have for fun. But it missed the deadline for being an entry in the contest. Sorry Man.

SwagGuy99

Smash Ace
So sorry man. But the cut off for Round 13 was already called. I do think you have an interesting stage here and it's a nice submission to have for fun. But it missed the deadline for being an entry in the contest. Sorry Man.
Thats ok. When was the deadline?

GolisoPower

Smash Master
EDIT: Nevermind, was a bit too stupid to read for a moment. XD I was asking about Star Fox being in the next round, but apparently I didn't read enough.

Last edited:

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
And now neither Kirby or Star Fox is in the lead.

Y'all are fickle folk.
Wait what

(checks poll)

...welp, time to design an entire stage within the next 24 hours.

On that note, a quick question: for "Other Non-Indie 3rd Party Games", we're supposed to pick from a game series that's had an entry on a Nintendo console, correct? Well, there's a game series I have in mind that's thus far been exclusively on Playstation and PC...

HOWEVER, it was announced a week or two ago that the newest entry (which releases sometime this year) would be coming to Nintendo Switch, so...

Does that count? It's fine if not, I have another idea that unquestionably fits within the restrictions, but... y'know, I figured I'd ask, just in case.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Wait what

(checks poll)

...welp, time to design an entire stage within the next 24 hours.

On that note, a quick question: for "Other Non-Indie 3rd Party Games", we're supposed to pick from a game series that's had an entry on a Nintendo console, correct? Well, there's a game series I have in mind that's thus far been exclusively on Playstation and PC...

HOWEVER, it was announced a week or two ago that the newest entry (which releases sometime this year) would be coming to Nintendo Switch, so...

Does that count? It's fine if not, I have another idea that unquestionably fits within the restrictions, but... y'know, I figured I'd ask, just in case.
Depends. What's the game? You can answer via PM if you prefer.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've got stages for Non-Indie 3rd Party, Other Kirby or Star Fox ready to go, write-ups included. :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Guess I gotta finally finish that stage, huh? XD Thankfully most of it is done bar one small area. <.<

D

Deleted member

Sorry for the wait guys. It was a long Mother's Day. But now it's time for Round 13 grades!

psb123's grades:

Shy Guy's Toybox by Kevandre Kevandre

Iconic Status: 4/5

Part of the reason people love Paper Mario is the unique settings it puts the Mushroom Kingdoms resident hero in. This certainly fits the bill for a unique area. But I don't think it sticks out to people quite as much as some other areas of the game.

Originality: 8/10

I do think it could stand to have a little more flare. Maybe some Shy Guys running about. It also is a bit of shame that this stage focuses solely on the train stations. That being said, I do like the ability to choose what station you wish to go to. That's a nice touch that does reference the source material.

Playability: 8/10

My concerns here lie with the blue station and the train itself. Both suffer from a lack of footing due to their small size. I do like the other 3 stations though and the ability to attempt avoiding the blue station helps a bit here.

Overall Score: 20/25

Shroob Castle by GolisoPower GolisoPower

Iconic Status: 5/5

It does seem like a very important area to Partners in Time. Being the base of the main antagonists and all. One could debate the iconic status of Partners in time as a whole. But I'd say it's well known enough to not be a problem.

Originality: 10/10

I'm liking those Time Holes! One flaw aside, that's a really creative idea being able to revert to a past state you were in during the match. Meshes great with the source game too.

So what is that one flaw of the Time Holes? Well, the fact that damage can stack from before you entered it. That does admittedly seem like a handicap that really doesn't need to be there. Especially considering how rarely the time holes actually appear.

Overall Score: 23/25

Prisma Fountain by Jubileus57 Jubileus57

It's basically the main hub of Color Splash. A game that should stick out pretty decently in the minds of Paper Mario fans. Though not always for positive reasons.

It may use the same platform layout as Battlefield. But hey, so does Midgar. And that's a pretty creative stage! This one is too. Taking the paint fountain and using the colors that can be added to it to inflict status ailments on a fighter in a way we don't see too often.

Playability: 9/10

A few of those hazards could be a bit irksome. But not by much. Honestly I only really see a problem with this stage's playability from a competitive standpoint. It would totally be banned in tournaments. But most stages are and this doesn't sound like a bad one to have a match on.

Overall Score: 24/25

Creepy Steeple by TheMarioaddict TheMarioaddict

For reasons such as Doopliss and the overall haunting atmosphere, Chapter 4 does seem to be one most remembered in Thousand Year Door.

The way the platforms function is quite creative and it fits well for a Ghostly themed stage like this. I also like how Doopliss Functions (mostly).

Normally boss hazards annoy me but I think this one is quite reasonably implemented so that he doesn't hinder the fight too much. So much so that it honestly feels like a waste to only have him appear once per match. Especially with that unique ghost effect he grants the fighter who defeated him.

The Glitz Pit by MegaMarioMan9 MegaMarioMan9

Another chapter that is one of TTYD's most memorable. And as a personal favorite of mine, I can totally see why.

Originality: 9/10

I was actually going to give this a lower score at first because it initially struck me as too similar to Boxing Ring. But after reading through your description, I'm actually quite impressed how different you managed to make it! Even without things like the Jet Streams and the Audience (both of which really helped your score here by the way) the layout by itself has just enough differences to separate it well enough from Boxing Ring.

My only real gripes are Rawk Hawk and the Tattle Log. Rawk Hawk I feel is one gimmick too many and the Tattle Log, while a good idea on paper (pun not intended) has a problem going for it by being text based. All the codec related stuff so far has been voice based for a reason. Players won't have time to stop and read the text when fighting a match.

Playability: 7/10

I don't have a problem with the Ice and the Fog out of the Jet Streams. Granted I would have a problem with the Fog normally but having it only cover a specific section of the stage saved you there. My gripes lie with the fire and once again, Rawk Hawk. Being able to ko at those percents makes the fire strike me as too powerful. And since Rawk Hawk can make you get there faster it does seem like more an obstacle than is needed.

Overall Score: 21/25

Plack Beach by GreenOfRain GreenOfRain

Iconic Status: 3/5

I'll give you some credit for the story events in BiS that happen in this area. But I still feel this location is a little too basic to be well enough recognized.

Originality: 9/10

I do like some the of the quirky things you've added to this stage. The platforms are nice and simple despite there unique placement. And the tilting of one of those platforms plus Boggy coming in sometimes for a bonus platform are nice touches too.

Playability: 10/10

I don't see any issues here. I was worried at first that the bottom of the stage consisted of Water instead of a bottomless pit. But your image makes it look like that's not the case so you're fine here.

Overall Score: 22/25

Luiginary Works by TKOWL TKOWL

How can it be anything else? It's a perfect representation of what gives Dream Team it's identity.

This stage takes full advantage of all the unique elements the Luiginary Works from Dream Team can bring to a Smash stage. And it does so on a nice and simple, yet still quite creative platform.

Those Luiginary Works certainly can cause some havoc. But not enough to where I could call them a problem. Except for the tree. Considering it's placement, getting thrown by it when you get too close does sound pretty hazardous.

Dream World by PeridotGX PeridotGX

Once again it can't be anything different. It is after all another take on Dreamy Luigi like tkowl's stage.

Originality: 5/10

Credit where it's due, utilizing the Dream World as a stage is a genius idea and even if tkowl beat you to it I can't harp on you for wanting to take advantage of such a great idea. But unfortunately I think tkowl utilized the creative potential of the idea more. The layout here is a little on the bland side and the stage is more limited in it's use of Dreamy Luigi elements.

On the bright side I do think your stage is pretty functional. I can see the stack of Luigi's being annoying to deal with at times but it's not too bad.

Overall Score: 18/25

Cosmic77's Grades:

"Shy Guy's Toybox" by Kevandre:

Iconic Status: 4/5

While it is a fun area, Shy Guy's Toybox looks like more of a Yoshi's Island stage than a Paper Mario stage (which is ironic, because the next world literally is Lavalava Island, a place based off Yoshi's Island). Unless you played Paper Mario, you might not understand what this is supposed to be.

Originality: 7/10

The gimmick itself of choosing where you want to go sounds nice, although I'm sure people will be abusing that power, pushing the buttons as soon as they can just to annoy the heck out of people.

I would like to say that I'm just not sold on this stage being a good way to represent Paper Mario. At the very least, I would've like to have seen Paper Mario, some partners, and a few Shy Guys running around the background of stage.

Have to take off some points for when the toy train is in motion. I'm assuming that players who stay on the ground too long will move past the blast zone and get KO'd.

Overall Score: 19/25

"Shroob Castle" by GolisoPower:

Might be giving you a generous score here since PiT is less known compared to other M&L games. However, Shroob Castle is supposed to be the center focus of this game. It's a pretty notable area.

Figuring out the size scale between the castle and the players left me a little confused. However, the use of the Time Holes was really unique. I feel like that would cause players to get really strategic with the gameplay.

While they don't cause any damage by themselves, I don't think jumping back and forth between high and low damage percentages is a safe practice, especially if all the player gets in return is seven seconds. It's a high-risk, low-reward move.

"Prisma Fountain" by Jublieus57:

I doubt many people actually took the time to play this decent game. Regardless, it looks and feels like a Paper Mario game, and Prisma Fountain is an integral part of the game.

Although you did steal the concept from a boss fight, the paint gimmick really suits Color Splash, and I think you did an excellent job of integrating it into your stage.

Without saying too much, the paint (more specifically, the black paint) can brew up some trouble.

"Creepy Steeple" by TheMarioAddict:

I know you could probably argue that this is one of the more iconic areas in TTYD, but I genuinely think no one would recognize this stage unless they actually played the game. Aside from Doopliss, nothing about this looks like a Mario game.

The way you handled Doopliss represents what he did in the game very well. However, I don't think you needed to make him a boss character who permanently disappears once you defeat him. Without him, the stage loses its biggest charm. Having him occasionally spawn, copy a character, and attack for a few seconds before repeating the cycle indefinitely would've been a better move IMO.

Boss characters are always a risky gamble. Doopliss chasing poor characters around and attacking them hurts your score a bit.

"The Glitz Pit" by MegaMarioMan9:

I kid you not, the Paper Toads in the audience is what saved your score. Even though this part of the game is insanely popular, the stage and arena setting isn't very Paper Mario-ish.

I love the way you integrated the battle mechanics from the game into your stage. Really like the use of Goombella, the fog machines, and the audience throwing items. Rawk Hawk is also a nice touch to the wrestling arena theme.

Can't Rawk the Hawk.

"Plack Beach" by GreenOfRain:

Curious as to why you choose this area of all places.

Well regardless, I don't think it's nearly as notable as other areas in the game. Personally, I would've went with an area inside Bowser.

Well, you did a good job of representing Plack Beach. It's just that the gimmicks are kinda all over the place, representing completely different parts of the story in BIS. Chakron, Broggy, the Sea Pipe Statue - might have been better to just stick with one or two.

Playability: 10/10

Aside from the randomness of your stage, there's not really anything here that could pose as an issue for players.

Overall Score: 21/25

"Luiginary Works" by TKOWL:

Definitely an important part of the game. If you haven't played this before, then at the very least, the various floating Luigis should cue you in that this is a Mario game of sorts.

Love how you found a way to incorporate all of the Luiginary Works into this stage. Very creative, and you stayed true to the game.

Those Luiginary Works can really get in the way sometimes. Not sure how I feel about the mustache reaching down to grab players and throw them.

"Dream World" by PeridotGX:

(See explanation for TKOWL's stage.)

Originality: 5/10

Even though it wasn't planned, I have to deduct points for another contestant coming up with the concept before you. Your stage is also pretty simple, and the gimmick sounds a little lackluster, especially since I know all the different things you could've done with the Luiginary Works.

Even with the nerfs you gave it, the Luiginary Stack sounds OP as heck

Total Scores:

Kevandre: 39 points

GolisoPower: 45 points

Jubileus57: 47 points

TheMarioAddict: 42 points

MegaMarioMan9: 44 points

GreenOfRain: 44 points

TKOWL: 46 points

PeridotGX: 36 points

The Winner is.........
Prisma Fountain by Jubileus57

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

TheMarioaddict

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheMarioaddict
3DS FC
0130-1812-3778
Switch FC
SW-4314-7715-8313
Welp, I had a feeling Doopliss would hurt my stage. And he did, though not in the way I was imagining.

Ah well. Congrats to Jubileus57!

D

Deleted member

Time for Round 14!

Winning the poll at 7 votes, Round 14 is.....

Other Non-Indie 3rd Party Games

Sonic the Hedgehog, Mega Man, and Final Fantasy are 3rd Party series with a character in Smash that have enough stage potential to warrant their own round. But the other 3rd Party series aren't quite there, so we're throwing them into this round.

In addition this round will also cover 3rd party games that don't currently have a character in Smash. As long as the character originated from a video game and has had (or in some cases, is going to have soon) a game on a Nintendo System then it's allowed. With the obvious exceptions of Sonic, Mega Man, and Final Fantasy since those all have had or are going to have their own rounds later.

What do I mean by is going to have a Nintendo Entry soon? Well there is one series in particular that a contestant informed me they want to submit a stage for that doesn't have a Nintendo game yet. But it is getting on this year which would hypothetically put in the running for DLC so I'm going to allow it.

Also, the only Mobile games allowed are Mobile entries in primarily Console and PC series that just happen to have a Mobile game. No other Mobile games area allowed which fits since, as the name of the round suggests, Indie games are not eligible this round.

If you're unsure whether or not a game counts as an Indie game feel free to ask me via post or PM. But a few examples of games that aren't allowed because they're Indie games are:

Shovel Knight
Shantae
Freedom Planet
Azure Striker Gunvolt
Yooka-Laylee
Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon
A Hat in Time
Blaster Master Zero
No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again (However No More Heroes 1 & 2 are allowed)

Finally, to back track over to the rule of "has to have originated from a video game". There is one popular 3rd Party series that has a bit of an Issue in this regard. That being Kingdom Hearts.

With the series being a crossover with Disney, which is not of video game origin, one has to wonder what's allowed. For this contest, any areas coming from Disney aren't allowed. Such as Olympus Colosseum, The Pride Lands, and the upcoming Toy Story world in KH3. But areas exclusive to Kingdom Hearts like Traverse Town, Destiny Islands, and Hollow Bastion are eligible since they come from a video game.

Normally I'd say that KH incarnations of Final Fantasy areas are allowed too but apparently there aren't actually any FF worlds in Kingdom Hearts. Huh.

And with that, on May 14th 2018, Round 14 has begun. You have until Friday May 18th to submit entries.

Good Luck!

Top Bottom