• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U Patch 1.1.6 Incoming!

Today, Nintendo of Japan quietly announced that Smash 4's newest update will be coming soon. Here's everything you need to know about patch 1.1.6:
  • It will include balance changes to the game
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
  • Replays from 1.1.5 will presumably be abolished, so be sure to save your best replays as soon as possible
  • The update will drop sometime this month (May)
Excited for patch 1.1.6? What changes would you like to see made in this patch? Comment down below and stay tuned for more Smash 4 news.

Source 1 | Source 2

Comments

Besides balance wishes, I want quality of life buffs.

- Be able to fast forward/rewind replays
- Training mode with rage + fresh/stale effects
- Purchasable custom moves w/in-game currency (coins)
- Smash Run for Wii U
- Only give us things we already have if we literally have everything in the game (for trophies, custom moves, etc.)
- Water for custom stages (but we have lava?)
- Ability to revert to previous patches
- Other stuff I can't think of

seems like all this talk of bayonetta has finally reached the ears of the people we hoped would hear it. I'm not expecting any new characters, but Sakurai is known for surprises. But that is unlikely. Maybe. Possibly. I don't know.

I hope to see a fix made for this riduculous Disable combo setup for MewTwo, because this looks close to becoming another infinite combo.
Links to this certain combo are listed right here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrAewqsmvkQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0Q8CwFAfJs

Training mode tweaks?? Maybe hit box visualization? Record/playback? C: also maybe a way to fast forward, rewind, and edit replays? That'd be super cool :)

Realistically tho? Buff the puff

Also, Falco lasers! ^_^
Would be nice if they added a hitstun indicator to help you practice with combos as well as a distance measure to let you know how far you are from your opponent in training mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
In my opinion, I think that Zelda, Link, and Gannon should be the ones recieving these aerial buffs. Like a majority of the characters in which you've mentioned for these buffs already perform solidly in the air.
King Dedede pretty much needs the air speed buff though. In fact, a lot of my air speed buffs does have to do with recovery improvements for certain fighters.

D
I'm agnostic and I'm praying Pac-Man gets buffed.

King Dedede pretty much needs the air speed buff though. In fact, a lot of my air speed buffs does have to do with recovery improvements for certain fighters.
Idk what sort of issues Dedede might be struggling with at the moment, but I feel like he makes up for his air speed with his multiple jumps. Like he can just hover over his opponent with his multiple jumps whereas the opponent can't reach him depending on how high their character can jump to him. Plus he can space them out with his hammer which has good range, decent frame data, and also hits hard. This is just my opinion btw, since I don't really play him that much.

Also, I think that mostly the lower tier characters need these air speed buffs b/c most of their aerials in general can't quite connect with their opponent b/c they can't move further fast enough to connect with their aerials before their opponent recovers out of hitstun. Link is a perfect example b/c he has trouble contesting certain characters in the air b/c his jumps don't travel as far or fast as they do.

Last edited:
Other than the obvious stuff;

Online Training Mode

For Glory Battle Field

No Auto-top-of-page-function when scrolling through your online friends - I hate that thing.

The option to set any of the game's songs as Background Music for the menus.

I appreciate that you're making up thoughts on buffing non top tier characters, however I'm questioning some of these changes that you've mentioned. Mainly with Samus.
Like why would you want have invincibility on a recovery move that comes out fast and has surrounding hitboxes all around making it difficult to punish?
Also, Dtilt already comes out extremely fast, coming out at frame 1. Why make it any faster?

I'm mainly saying this based off of my own opinion. But besides all of this, Samus has already recieved a ton of buffs in the previous patch and that she does has some tricks up her sleave. I recommend that you check out this video guide right here and learn these tricks with Samus before considering making some changes to her. Keep in mind, we don't want to buff a character to a point where they're suddenly OP:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9A-VChjUNcg
Any samus main has looked up videos on samus, so I've seen that already, and I analyze top players as well. I also understand why u think up b invincibility is sort of overkill, however she can barely move horizontally or vertically with the move, and can be spiked by a DK down air, which is sort of dumb.
Also just because a character has a number of buffs, doesn't mean they're fine. Have u seen how many Marth buffs there are, and people still want buffs on that character because he's not good? Same thing with Samus. I recommend you be a little more open minded, thank you

If Cloud gets OP recovery, then Little Mac has too as well
If Little Mac has better recovery, which I have no idea how the hell their going to do that, then at least make his air game better, and fix Cloud's finishing touch so that it isn't crapolla

Right Sakurai goes absolutely bonkers with all fatsos of the game watch... DDD Bowser and Ganondork all of them are gonna be crazy good

I'd really like it if Shulk got a rework on his Monado arts that gives him some characteristics from Xenoblade instead of just stat changes. Like giving each monado art a special characteristic like Shield and Jump Monado has. Shield Monado gives a stronger shield and in Jump Monado Air Slash's height is increases, and these two things don't decrease in other arts. Speed should give Shulk faster attack speed (Less endlag or start-up), and buster could have extended range in exchange for dealing lesser damage than it currently does. Idk about Smash.

EDIT: For Smash monado back slash and air slash could deal a little extra knockback being special moves for a special characteristic. (I haven't played Xenoblade yet I've only read about it)
that...is...GENIUS! that way he wont be complete Trash anymore

Smash 3DS and Smash Wii U are all done with new contents. The next software update will more than likely just modify the attributes of certain characters.
That's what they always say, but usually go against that rule. But there must be something very broken in the 3DS version to be that high in MB size.

That's what they always say, but usually go against that rule. But there must be something very broken in the 3DS version to be that high in MB size.
You do need to remember that newer updates contain all the contents that are in the older updates, so it's to be expected if the file size of the next update is larger.

Summary of this entire thread

[Character I'm biased towards] needs to get buffed
Bayonetta needs to be nerfed

Roy needs more aerial acceleration and air friction so that he can actually utilize all that air speed he has, and increase his grab range and improve his Dthrow follow-ups to improve his game plan overall.

Link can use an aerial mobility buff (for better combos and spacing of his aerials) and decreased start-up on Nair (to better escape from combos), jab (to keep people away) and grounded Spin attack (to relieve shield pressure).

Neither of these characters are really seen as being good ones by very many people, so it would be nice to see their problems be addressed.

Last edited:
You do need to remember that newer updates contain all the contents that are in the older updates, so it's to be expected if the file size of the next update is larger.
Only the 3DS patches contain all the previous patches, while the Wii U patches are able to patch previous patched versions, hence the much smaller patch size on Wii U. Patching a vanilla copy of Wii U to 1.1.6 would actually be 3.1GB (according to the pages linked above).

PAC-MAN buffs or they are really hating the character. (But they already are, since he is intentionally bad.)

I hope that King Dedede finally gets some attention. Some safer options or greater air speed would be a big help. I'm not a Jigglypuff player, but I'm hoping that the Puff gets something, too.

Again I have a friend that would love you just for maining triple D, both wing and I'm assuming you too Gardener. But let's just face the facts, Corrin needs to kill somehow I think she'll get stronger buffs that Triple D (granted she's fine already with her attack speed)

Again I have a friend that would love you just for maining triple D, both wing and I'm assuming you too Gardener. But let's just face the facts, Corrin needs to kill somehow I think she'll get stronger buffs that Triple D (granted she's fine already with her attack speed)
Corrin doesn't really struggle to get a stock like say sheik, he/she (to be safe) have many kill moves such as IP DL (kick or tipper), U-air, B-air, Tipped smash attacks and DFS w/bite or a tippered move when paralyzing at high %s.

I'd like Corrin's speed back to normal or buffed but they're fine in the current metagame if no changes happen tbh.

Roy needs more aerial acceleration and air friction so that he can actually utilize all that air speed he has, and increase his grab range and improve his Dthrow follow-ups to improve his game plan overall.

Link can use an aerial mobility buff (for better combos and spacing of his aerials) and decreased start-up on Nair (to better escape from combos), jab (to keep people away) and grounded Spin attack (to relieve shield pressure).

Neither of these characters are really seen as being good ones by very many people, so it would be nice to see their problems be addressed.
Agree. Link is a character who constantly struggles up b/c a lot of his moves are so laggy that he gets beat out by a lot of aerials, jabs, and grabs. This major issue has made him sort of underwhelming as sword-wielding character and that I believe that this needs to be address since he's from a popular gaming series and yet he's on the lower end of the tier list.

Here are the thoughts in which I can come up with that'll help Link become a much better character than he currently is at the moment (I maybe updating this list from time to time):
http://smashboards.com/threads/supe...ch-1-1-6-incoming.436788/page-4#post-21183026

so you try to patch out Mewtwo's ONE chance of becoming viable?
Mewtwo is already viable on his own already with both his mobility and killing power. I would even consider him to be a more powerful version of Sheik based off of how fast he moves and that he doesn't have any trouble when it comes to killing his opponents.
Like I honestly don't see a need for this character to have an infinite combo reset setup that'll allow him be able to rack up damage quickly get an early kill off of his opponent with the amount of killing power in which he has already.

Why are people asking for Rosalina buffs lmao.
Probably to make sure that she stays top tier.
But good luck with that cause I don't see that happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom