• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U Patch 1.1.6 Incoming!

Today, Nintendo of Japan quietly announced that Smash 4's newest update will be coming soon. Here's everything you need to know about patch 1.1.6:
  • It will include balance changes to the game
  • The patch size will be 61MB for the Wii U version and a whopping 325MB for the 3DS version
  • Replays from 1.1.5 will presumably be abolished, so be sure to save your best replays as soon as possible
  • The update will drop sometime this month (May)
Excited for patch 1.1.6? What changes would you like to see made in this patch? Comment down below and stay tuned for more Smash 4 news.

Source 1 | Source 2

Comments

It's not that the Bayo nerfs were all that was found, it's all that was there. Along with some minor changes to banned stages.

There's a chance the whole patch wasn't uploaded, like what happened with Cloud's patch, but with how specific what we found is I'm doubtful. I'm also doubtful that Marth would get buffed into high tier...
I doubt he will ever be buffed to a high tier too, but it won't stop me from wishing it happened. Almost every buff they ever gave Marth was something small that would not really do any more than maybe bump him up one place in the tier list.

It's not that the Bayo nerfs were all that was found, it's all that was there. Along with some minor changes to banned stages.

There's a chance the whole patch wasn't uploaded, like what happened with Cloud's patch, but with how specific what we found is I'm doubtful. I'm also doubtful that Marth would get buffed into high tier...
There are patch notes in the "Featured Content" section. As far as we know, yeah, its just a truckload of Bayo nerfs (and pretty bad ones too, well for her that is.).

I enjoyed reading your opinions. Sadly I doubt almost any of them will ever happen. Oh well, we can dream.
Perhaps the chances for some of these changes in which I want to see happen are a long shot. But it could still be possible. It's mainly up to Sakurai to decide for that matter and who knows what's on this guy's mind. I guess that for now, only time would tell.

But the technique is nigh-impossible to pull off anyways. People are always complaining that Smash 4 has no advanced techniques, but the moment anyone gets one--"oh, patch it out!". Make up your minds already. That would be like asking for Melee Waveshines to be removed, even though only people with exorbitant amounts of dexterity can actually pull it off.
I know that this technique may not be simple to pull off in general, but it still doesn't change the fact that the opponent can do little to nothing to escape from this combo. Peach's Uair infinite death combo was also considered hard to pull off before the combo itself got nerfed in the current 1.1.5 patch. If you compare that combo with this Mewtwo technique, they're pretty much similar in a sense that they both have the same case of difficulty with each other but with the result in receiving a high reward.

Pazzo. Pazzo.
No more malicious than further degrading the community with old memes. To be clearer: no malicious intent meant. No hard feelings if I mixed you up with someone who uses meme phrases, most people who use that line tend to be one. :054:

JohnKnight416 JohnKnight416

I enjoyed reading your opinions. Sadly I doubt almost any of them will ever happen. Oh well, we can dream.
That really depends on if using a funny phrase counts as "degrading the community".

I've been using "Sakurai's Wild Ride" for a while now. You know, like "Mr. Toad's Wild Ride"?

I doubt he will ever be buffed to a high tier too, but it won't stop me from wishing it happened. Almost every buff they ever gave Marth was something small that would not really do any more than maybe bump him up one place in the tier list.
Same thing can be said for Link in the last couple of patches since 1.0.8. He still has a bunch of flaws that still haven't been fixed, such as having too many laggy moves to contest with his opponents up close and personal, and that he continues to struggle in certain MU's b/c of them. Prior to those flaws, Link still currently remains around the mid-low levels on tier list.

Last edited:
No but Marth would be pretty close to mid-tier. If they were to do anything to Cloud in terms of buffs they would probably make his finishing touch a hair stronger in knockback. Hoping Corr is a million times better now that I'm assuming the patch came in

D
I know that this technique may not be simple to pull off in general, but it still doesn't change the fact that the opponent can do little to nothing to escape from this combo. Peach's Uair infinite death combo was also considered hard to pull off before the combo itself got nerfed in the current 1.1.5 patch. If you compare that combo with this Mewtwo technique, they're pretty much similar in a sense that they both have the same case of difficulty with each other but with the result in receiving a high reward.
But why should combos be escapable in the first place? That's one of the problems of this game. Combos shouldn't forever, but at the same time, when you do pull one off, it isn't fair that people can "DI" out of them, or in traditional fighting games, "tap" (or "recover") out of them. I'd rather have a difficult infinite then a purely-defensive, inconsistent mess.

Last edited by a moderator:
But why should combos be escapable in the first place? That's one of the problems of this game. Combos shouldn't forever, but at the same time, when you do pull one off, it isn't fair that people can "DI" out of them, or in traditional fighting games, "tap" (or "recover") out of them. I'd rather have a difficult infinite then a purely-defensive, inconsistent mess.
I don't really have any problems with combos in general, I just personally think that there shouldn't be have any INFINITE combos at all whatsoever. Even if the infinite combo is considered difficult to pull off.

Last edited:
D
I don't really have any problems with combos in general, I just personally think that there shouldn't be have any INFINITE combos at all whatsoever. Even if the infinite combo is considered difficult to pull off.
Sm4sh barely has any combos though, and I think that's a serious problem. Sm4sh needs more combos and they need to be harder to escape. Also, I don't think that infinites should exist (because they're cheap), however, as stated above, to me it would be preferable to die to an epic inescapable combo than to be gimped while attempting my own.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sm4sh barely has any combos though, and I think that's a serious problem. Sm4sh needs more combos and they need to be harder to escape. Also, I don't think that infinites should exist (because they're cheap), however, as stated above, to me it would be preferable to die to an epic inescapable combo than to be gimped while attempting my own.
Im not the only one in the world who thinks that!!!
God bless you my friend :)

Combos in this game died with Sheik, ZsS and bayonetta's nerfs.:4sheik::4zss::4bayonetta2: (which are still among the best characters of course...bayonetta not so much xD)

R.I.P. flasy sm4sh.

Welcome brawl HD lol

Last edited:
D
Combos in this game died with Sheik, ZsS and bayonetta's nerfs.:4sheik::4zss::4bayonetta2: (which are still among the best characters of course...bayonetta not so much xD)

R.I.P. flasy sm4sh.

Welcome brawl HD lol
Cue the intro

What do you mean with: "ZsS i can understand, sheik iffy" ?

And i would say that :4cloud2: is the best dlc character for now xP
I say that :4ryu: is the best out of all the DLC characters b/c he has a ton of potential, especially in tournaments, and has not even been touched by any recent patches

R.I.P. flasy sm4sh.

Welcome brawl HD lol
I wouldn't rule out :4bayonetta: right away that she's no longer one of the best anymore. It's may be true that she's the only one who has been changed in this 1.1.6 patch update. But she still has her death combos and we have yet to determine how well she performs in tournaments now.

I wouldn't rule out :4bayonetta: right away that she's no longer one of the best anymore. It's may be true that she's the only one who has been changed in this 1.1.6 patch update. But she still has her death combos and we have yet to determine ho:4sheik:w well she performs in tournaments now.
Bayonetta didnt won any important Tournament when she was "broken" so....i dont see how she'll be doing that being as mediocre (mediocre means the she is nothing too crazy and that doesnt makes her a bad character...but she is not that good either) as she is now xD.

She now looses to everyone in the top 5 to say the least
:4diddy::rosalina::4sheik::4zss::4mario:.

She may be viable in...you know....friendlies and low level tournaments xD

Last edited:
D
I say that :4ryu: is the best out of all the DLC characters b/c he has a ton of potential, especially in tournaments, and has not even been touched by any recent patches
Having an unusual amount of superfluous moves doesn't somehow make anyone viable. Ryu is mid-tier at best.

How many Mayor or big Tournaments have ryu won ?
Exactly xD
Ryu may not have won any major tournaments, but he still has the tools to help him compete with the upper tier characters. For example, he has a lot of combo setups that can help him convert into True Shoryuken, which does kill pretty early regardless of having Rage.

Ryu may not have won any major tournaments, but he still has the tools to help him compete with the upper tier characters. For example, he has a lot of combo setups that can help him convert into True Shoryuken, which does kill pretty early regardless of having Rage.
Bro. I know Ryu is a great character but the best DLC ?
I dont think so cuz Cloud is also a DLC character xD

Bro. I know Ryu is a great character but the best DLC ?
I dont think so cuz Cloud is also a DLC character xD
Cloud is a pretty good character, However, his recovery kinda sucks even with his Limit Break mainly b/c he can get punished or gimped out of it.

Last edited:
Cloud is a pretty good character, However, his recovery kinda sucks even with his Limit Break mainly b/c he can get punished or gimped out of it.
Yeah his recovery sucks...but thats pretty much it.
Ryu's neutral is lackluster and has trouble aproaching.
As ZsS, his game is all about punishes but he is nowhere near as good as ZsS because his tools are not that great imo.
He is somewhere inside top 10 maybe but not top 5 at all...and not above Cloud either

Last edited:
Yeah his recovery sucks...but thats pretty much it.
Ryu's neutral is lackluster and has trouble aproaching.
As ZsS, his game is all about punishes but he is nowhere near as good as ZsS because his tools are not that great imo.
He is somewhere inside top 10 maybe but not top 5 at all...and not above Cloud either
I'm not sure if I've seen all the tournaments matches that involves a MU between Cloud and Ryu, but the ones that I've seen so far mainly result in Ryu dominating Cloud.

This may be just my opinion, but I think that Ryu dominates Cloud due to his overall frame data advantage that he has over him. And even though Cloud has a few multi-hit moves to beat out Ryu's FA, they generally have too much end lag. For example, his Fsmash take a bit too much startup and his Cross Slash has too much Endlag. And even though his Limit Break Blade Beam and Cross Slash do come out slightly faster an have move killing power, it takes a while for him to charge up his Limit Gauge and that Ryu can dish out a lot of damage before Cloud's Limit gauge is even full since Ryu hits like a truck on both the ground and in the air.

Last edited:
I'm not sure if I've seen all the tournaments matches that involves a MU between Cloud and Ryu, but the ones that I've seen so far mainly result in Ryu dominating Cloud.

This may be just my opinion, but I think that Ryu dominates Cloud due to his overall frame data advantage that he has over him. And even though Cloud has a few multi-hit moves to beat out Ryu's FA, they generally have too much end lag. For example, his Fsmash take a bit too much startup and his Cross Slash has too much Endlag. And even though his Limit Break Blade Beam and Cross Slash do come out slightly faster an have move killing power, it takes a while for him to charge up his Limit Gauge and that Ryu can dish out a lot of damage before Cloud's Limit gauge is even full since Ryu hits like a truck on both the ground and in the air.
Límite cross slash is safe on shield.
If you are talking about the ryu/Cloud MU it goes even imo.
In general Cloud has better MU and results overall than ryu, thats why I think Cloud is the best DLC character.

Top Bottom