• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014

Jerm

U Feelin' It?
NNID
Jermalie0
3DS FC
4940-5666-9945
Release Date PLOX! Thats all i want to know so i can book off EVERYTHING for the entire week following the release date!!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
We want too many games!
Now we gotta wait for them all.
So I got the HYPE TRAIN!
Choo choo!

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Best news after such a drought without any reveals. I'm not sure who to expect, but since everyone is just speculating I'll say we'll get Palutena and Ridley due to Sakurai's constant teasing of them by revealing their stages in such a weird manner.

But I won't be too greedy. Gimme a character reveal or two, news on Wi-Fi mode, the single-player, some gameplay footage and a release date and that will be good enough for me!

MechaWave

Smash Champion
I won't have many expectations just in case; you can never be too sure with Sakurai (or Nintendo in general.) But I'm still excited.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
I'm just hoping that there won't be a bunch of awesome reveals and then a delay. They've said time and time again that they want to have the game out by 2014's end, so I don't think this will be the case. But it's a Nintendo Direct completely dedicated to Super Smash Bros. Whatever this is, it's far bigger than 1 or 2 character reveals. I have a feeling they'll announce some characters, give details with gameplay footage, have some new announcements, blow you away completely, and then end it with an official release date onscreen. Sakurai knows how to please his fans. He also got some of his trolling from Kojima. They are best friends after all haha. So stoked. I can only hope for the best alongside my smash brethren and sisters alike!

Sahfarry

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2750-1620-0068
Allow me to express my happiness through song...

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
MY BODY LEVEL IS OVER 9000 READY TO BLOW UP THE HYPE!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL I CAN DO IS....
*Wait for the attack*

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i cant wait. i feel like this is Nintendo saying happy birthday to me. my assumption is that its mostly a recap of what we already know, then some new announcements like maybe a veteran or 2 and a newcomer, then hopefully a release day. thats my hope

Last edited:

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Hopefully more than one character is announced. High hopes for Palutena, King K. Rool, Ghirahim and Leon S. Kennedy. And high hopes for Mewtwo, Roy, Doc Mario and Ganondorf's returns.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
A chance to blow us away or severly disappoint us beyond any level they have done to date.

LET'S SEE WHICH WAY THE TURD FLOWS.

Obskore

Smash Ace
my hopes are for Falcon and Wolf, HYESZH!, all aboard the Hype Mother-ship!
trains are for slow rides, climb on a ship, NAO!

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Oh my goodness. So EXCITED. I hope we get some new stuff on Rosalina & Luma and also the stages. :)

Byxis

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Byxis7
3DS FC
4656-8308-4770
We need the high ranking Space Pirate known as Ridley to be playable. In fact, we just need someone new in general from Metroid.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
HYPEHYPEHYPEHYPEHYPE!!!!! I can't wait! I hope they reveal Mewtwo!! Maybe he'll even get his own trailer! Or maybe a Wonderful 101 character!? That'd be awesome! Of course, Mewtwo's #1 on my "want" list, but Wonder Red would still be great! C'mon Mewtwo!!!!! I can hardly wait, I think I'm gonna explode!!!!:crazy:

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
how long does a nintendo direct last?
Usually, as Sonicguy726 stated, a Nintendo Direct is about 30 minutes. I'm not so sure the Smash Direct will be that long, but if it is I'm all for it. It really depends on what they have to show off and the news that they are reporting. I'm crossing my fingers that the Direct's stream will not suffer awful lag because of the amount of viewers that will be tuning in. I'm not sure if my Wii U can stream via the eshop or not(I can't remember frankly). If not I will just simply watch it on my laptop.

Thomas.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Orodreth
For the love of god, release date, Nintendo! We're starving for some more Smash!

Also, all n64 and Melee vets confirmed? I know it's farfetched, but one can hope.

NNID
biscut0426
3DS FC
5129-3694-1023
I'm hoping for a release date, characters, stages, and an open beta. And maybe 2 newcomers.

...Hoping for Shulk and Klonoa.

Last edited:
Top Bottom