• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014

Rasgar

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry if I'm nitpicking here. Certain words/phrases just bug me.

Several is an unspecific amount, and I don't know where it ranks on the list of such words (many, a few, a lot, etc.), or if a lot of people would even agree on one approximation. The main point I'm trying to make is that "more than several" sounds a little confusing to me, where just "several" would suffice. On top of that, I imagine "more than several" to be somewhere around 10 (of course it means different things to different people). 10, give or take a few, sounds like an unrealistic number of characters to be revealed with this video, especially if we're talking about newcomers and not including veterans.

Sorry to burden you with this silly rant.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm sorry if I'm nitpicking here. Certain words/phrases just bug me.

Several is an unspecific amount, and I don't know where it ranks on the list of such words (many, a few, a lot, etc.), or if a lot of people would even agree on one approximation. The main point I'm trying to make is that "more than several" sounds a little confusing to me, where just "several" would suffice. On top of that, I imagine "more than several" to be somewhere around 10 (of course it means different things to different people). 10, give or take a few, sounds like an unrealistic number of characters to be revealed with this video, especially if we're talking about newcomers and not including veterans.

Sorry to burden you with this silly rant.
Thanks for the input. I agree with what you're saying :)

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I'm only expecting two newcomers AT MOST, and a veteran.

Because this is a general direct for the game, revealing too many characters would blind people to all the other juicy news and content that might be shown.

I'm excited to maybe get a deeper look at Rosalina, myself.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
HYPEEEEEEEE
we will get ( I think)
-1 brand new character
-release date
-new modes
-break down on wii u and 3ds features
-online specifics
-lots of gameplay and character changes

WOOOO!

Last edited:

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Pretty much my thoughts in a nutshell (sry for dble posting so much hyype!)

Last edited:

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please, Please let it be ridley, and a release date would be nice

Phan7om

ドリームランドの悪夢
Im pretty excited, ill probably be hype with whatever he puts in. Unless he says something like, "Characters can consistently air dodge so that they are completely invincible in the air." or "Combos are too unbalanced, to balance the game we took out combos completely."... i sure hope not.
But I do feel like were going to see.
-Gameplay footage
-At least 2 new characters (vetran and/or newcomer)
-And for some reason, I think he'll show us the "adventure" mode.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I want a Release Date, as well as a Bowser's Castle Stage that is competitive and not too gimmicky :o

Man Li Gi

Smash Lord
NNID
ManLiGi
Sakurai announces that he is done with the game and the rest of the content (stages and characters) will be either on disk DLC or regular DLC:troll:

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I want at least 1 newcomer and 1 veteran as well as gameplay. Maybe even a release date or a sneak of adventure mode. So much to hype for!!!

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
HYPE!
I'm expecting him to announce some veterans and one newcomer.
New gameplay footage to analyze is pretty exciting.
And am I the only one that's hyped to see the character select screen and announcer voice?

chronomantic

Smash Ace
I think we can at least expect a new character right? please no new veterans for now! we got nothing in march so give me new characters or give me death.

ITALIAN N1NJA

Smash Ace
NNID
ITALIAN_N1NJA
3DS FC
3368-3413-2021
Here's my prediction(if this happens I will die from hype):
-1 brand new or returning veteran announcement(Snake) trailer
-Gameplay Footage
-Details on the modes as well as the robust online this time around
-Demo kiosks at E3 announced
-An official release date
-An explanation of the features that will be boasted on how the Wii U and 3DS versions will interact
-The announcement that GameCube games are coming to the eshop on the Wii U and to kick it off, Super Smash Bros. Melee will be kicking the door down from the heavens with the announcement of a redesigned Wii U Pro controller modeled after the revived GameCube controller that fans have been crying out for a long time.

I truly believe the first 5 will happen(maybe not the demo kiosks). The last one is one of true hope. Whatever it is. It's going to be huge and hit like a train. It's an entire Nintendo Direct based solely on the new Smash. Whatever it is. It will be much more than a character reveal and a release date.

BigHairyFart

Salty Supreme
NNID
JackAzzMcTittles
Here's my prediction(if this happens I will die from hype):
-1 brand new or returning veteran announcement(Snake) trailer
-Gameplay Footage
-Details on the modes as well as the robust online this time around
-Demo kiosks at E3 announced
-An official release date
-An explanation of the features that will be boasted on how the Wii U and 3DS versions will interact
-The announcement that GameCube games are coming to the eshop on the Wii U and to kick it off, Super Smash Bros. Melee will be kicking the door down from the heavens with the announcement of a redesigned Wii U Pro controller modeled after the revived GameCube controller that fans have been crying out for a long time.

I truly believe the first 5 will happen(maybe not the demo kiosks). The last one is one of true hope. Whatever it is. It's going to be huge and hit like a train. It's an entire Nintendo Direct based solely on the new Smash. Whatever it is. It will be much more than a character reveal and a release date.
If that last one happens, it sounds like it would just hurt Smash 4's sales, since virtually everyone is comparing it to Melee.

Top Bottom