• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Direct 4.8.2014

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Announced today was the next Direct coming to Nintendo fans worldwide. But it's not a Pokemon Direct...or a Mario Direct...or Donkey Kong Direct. On April 8th, 2014 there will be the first ever Super Smash Bros. Direct since the games' announcement! With it being the first ever Super Smash Bros. Direct, speculation is soaring!​

Nintendo Direct said:
Catch a new Nintendo Direct right here on April 8 at 3 p.m. PT.
We will share new details about Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS.
So what does this mean??

New characters?

New stages?

Gameplay footage?

A release date?

Many Smash fans are ecstatic to see this Direct announced and there are high hopes within the boards for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS. Seeing as how all of the newcomers were revealed via Directs as well as the returning 3rd party character, Sonic; many believe we could possibly get one or more veteran and/or newcomer reveals for this Direct. As well, there is the possibility for a yet-to-be-revealed 3rd party newcomer or the 3rd party veteran, Snake.

This is a chance for character support threads to gear up and rally support for their favorite characters! If you want to see Ridley, King K. Rool, Palutena, Takamaru, or any other character included into Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, check out those support threads and join the fun before the Direct!

Of course, with the direct will likely come gameplay footage that many hope will show exactly what pictures are just unable to do. This could include gameplay footage of various stages that have been revealed such as Lumiose Tower and Palutena's Temple as well as the various Assist Trophies, Poke Balls, and Items. However, the gameplay footage will obviously focus on the characters and hopefully we will get a look at several aspects of the character. Examples could include if the Phantom is a part of Zelda's move set, Little Mac's Power Meter, Peach's possible new attack, Luigi's potential new Final Smash, and other aspects we have yet to see.

There is also the possibility that we may get a release date for the game as there has not been a release date announced. While still unconfirmed, many agree this will be the perfect chance for Masahiro Sakurai, the developer for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and 3DS to announce the release date. This will truly be a monumental moment for Smash fans all over the world.

To discuss anything and everything about the 4.8.2014 Direct, go to the Official Thread! Remember to observe the Global Rules while posting in the thread.

For any information and/or questions regarding Super Smash Bros. for Wii U/3DS, please check out the SSB for Wii U/3DS boards! Feel free to contact one of the staff if you have any questions or comments!

This is very exciting news for any Smash Bros. fan and is sure great news for Smashboards!

THE. HYPE. IS. STRONG!

Happy speculating!

Direct and Character banner property of Nintendo.
Venus of the Desert Bloom is one of the staff members for the SSB Wii U/3DS Boards and SWF's #1 Tali Fan, Follow me on Twitter @VenusToBloom

Last edited:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I MUSN'T GET TOO HYPED!

OH GOD DAMN IT, IT'S TOO LATE!!!!

LoneWolfRanger

Smash Apprentice
I hope they will announce a new title too.
Oh, and gief option to turn off stage hazards!

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I AM SO HYPE. I AM SO HYPE. I'm like "Oh ok new Animal Crossing AT....OH S*** A SSB4 SPECIFIC DIRECT? AKOFJSDFKO"

Say it with me: MEWTWO! *clapclapclap* MEWTWO! *clapclapclap*

I AM SO PAST A HYPE TRAIN, ALL ABOARD THE HYPERSONIC SPACESHIP

-Key-

Smash Cadet
I can't wait for Sakurai to spend 45 minutes apologizing for what he did to Falcon in Brawl.

Seriously though: If Falcon isn't on the itinerary, burn the itinerary.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I HAVE WANTING A SMASH DIRECT FOR SO LONG...
AND I'M GETTING ONE ON MY 19TH BIRTHDAY!

Thank you based Sakurai!

DexstarGAMER

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DexstarGAMER
I just want Ninten...and the release date...that is all i want....Oh and Mewtwo too why not.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I'm expecting 2-3 Newcomers, some veterans, a crapload of stages, items, and Assist Trophies (And confirmation of what new ones we've seen already do)!

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
I just want it starts with DK and Samus fighting... then suddenly growling and screaming. Ta dah! King K. Rool and Ridley enter the battlefield

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Maybe Tom Nook tho.... Or maybe Layton...

God, we really have no idea who would be announced. This is so hype!

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Dang, nice news article, Venus!
The hype is real!

Wasp

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3523-2036-8883
so yeah, that characterbanner... any reason for only letting pikachu's ears pop out of the borders?

anyway, I'm expecting at least 1 newcomer... and hopefully not a veteran we already know that'll be there anyways... Alos some new stages are to be expected i guess. Not with names but just a few glimpses to have us speculate about... Uhmmm, well, tbh, i think we'll just get to see one very interesting new thing and furthermore just some **** we already know, but I'm excited a lot! Bring it on Sakuboy!

Last edited:

SurPr15e

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai and Nintendo are listening to their fans. I never thought it would be true. It reminds me of when Iwata at the E3 2005 when he revealed the Wii, "You wanted a revolution, we've got one" and the crowd went wild. I just want to see Bayonetta as a new character for Smash Wii U and 3DS. 2014 is definitely the year of Nintendo.

Maxoxpower

Smash Ace
Its late, so maybe we will get RIDLEY or a RETRO !
yea yea lame joke...but It's a joke that i hope it will be real...
GBA on the eshop 1 week before ...maybe its a golden sun and a metroid rep...ok nevermind

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Get hype?

GET HYPED

And it's not on the days when I have a final!

Top Bottom