• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Game - Ideas Anyone?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Link to original post: Super Smash Bros. Crusade Fan Game - Ideas Anyone?

I've been working on a fangame called Super Smash Bros. Crusade in a program called Game Maker 7 Pro and we would be glad to hear some ideas for the game.

(Visit the thread for more detais: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=152960)

This game is supposed to be similar to the first two installments in the Smash series, SSB64 and Melee, but of course, with tons and characters and stages. The main goal of this game is to play with your dream character and stage rosters competitively. There are not many game modes, so most of the time you will be playing insane matches with an insane selection of characters. I want this game to feel more like a fighting game than Brawl did, so we're using some effects from MUGEN and working to make the game competitive and balanced. We will also be changing the way final smashes and assist trophies work. So, does anyone have any ideas for ATs, characters, stages, or anything else about the game?

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't put Krystal in it.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Seconded.
Gotta keep those fanboys complaining if you want publicity!
Trufax.

Btw, put the entire DK Crew from DK64 in it. They were all unique in the game, so making their movesets wouldn't be too hard. We also need justice for Chunky and Lanky Kong. Put Cranky in too, for the lulz.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Add Geno...seriously, Geno is awesome.

Not as an AT, I'm skipping Super Smash Flash 2 because they made him an AT

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Sorry, I gotta add Krystal. She was requested too much for Brawl. And another Star Fox character would be nice, right?

Geno... hmm... Well, let's just say that he was going to be an AT, but we decided he wouldn't be for sepcific reasons.

The Dinkoman

Smash Lord
I think you should add Mr. L as a different costume for Luigi.

Also I vote for Koopatrol, he's too good.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Have you ever played Mischief Makers?
Marina Liteyear, Teran, Lunar, Tarus and Merco should all be in it! :mad:

That game was too unsung. Even though they may seem obscure and insignificant, the same goes for ROB lol.

"Shake Shake!" That would be an amazing pummel for Marina.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
The DK crew will never be in it due to them being completely and utterly outclassed by K. Rool.

He's only the single most likely character for SSB4 after Megaman.

He must be in if you have all these other ridiculous character choices.

If you want ideas for movesets. . .That's what Make Your Move is for.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The DK crew will never be in it due to them being completely and utterly outclassed by K. Rool.

He's only the single most likely character for SSB4 after Megaman.

He must be in if you have all these other ridiculous character choices.

If you want ideas for movesets. . .That's what Make Your Move is for.
I didn't mention K.Rool because I though his inclusion would be a given...

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
This game is supposed to be similar to the first two installments in the Smash series, SSB64 and Melee.
Fair enough, I enjoyed Melee's fighting system better than Brawl's.

I want this game to feel more like a fighting game than Brawl did, so we're using some effects from MUGEN and working to make the game competitive and balanced.
Lolwut?!

You want it to be more like MUGEN?!
I thought you said it would be similar to Melee.

All I can say is don't try to bother about the "competitive" scene, because I don't think anyone will be having SSBC Tournaments anytime soon.

One more thing, no Krystal, K.Rool is a necessity, and the Ouendan cheer squad needs to be in.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sorry, I gotta add Krystal. She was requested too much for Brawl. And another Star Fox character would be nice, right?

Geno... hmm... Well, let's just say that he was going to be an AT, but we decided he wouldn't be for sepcific reasons.
You know Geno was requested more for Brawl than Krystal by far. The only character that was requested as much as Geno was Ridley.

My Sig even has the link to the Geno thread in it

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Only furry lovers want Krystal rofl.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Fair enough, I enjoyed Melee's fighting system better than Brawl's.

Lolwut?!

You want it to be more like MUGEN?!
I thought you said it would be similar to Melee.

All I can say is don't try to bother about the "competitive" scene, because I don't think anyone will be having SSBC Tournaments anytime soon.

One more thing, no Krystal, K.Rool is a necessity, and the Ouendan cheer squad needs to be in.
Well, what I was trying to say is image Melee with MUGEN special effects and sound effects. That's the style we're going for. And the competitive idea is because often I find myself playing Brawl and losing to Pit with Ike simply because it's and unfair matchup, or anything else like Sheik vs Ganondorf. Basically, it's not going to be for complete noobs like Brawl was. You have to actually try to win, not pick your character based on tier lists.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Well, what I was trying to say is image Melee with MUGEN special effects and sound effects. That's the style we're going for. And the competitive idea is because often I find myself playing Brawl and losing to Pit with Ike simply because it's and unfair matchup, or anything else like Sheik vs Ganondorf. Basically, it's not going to be for complete noobs like Brawl was. You have to actually try to win, not pick your character based on tier lists.
That's gonna start up a MvB war lol.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
You know Geno was requested more for Brawl than Krystal by far. The only character that was requested as much as Geno was Ridley.

My Sig even has the link to the Geno thread in it
Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me. Ridley is in this game. I announced him a while back and erased where he was announced. Then I forgot to put him back.

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
put vaati, deku link or fiecre deity link, lyn and lucario.

those characters are awsome to me

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know you really DO want to add a playable Geno...

...Dig deep into your soul

finalark

SNORLAX
Don't put in any anime/manga characters. If you do I'll have to find a way to make you a very unhappy person.

But do put in Isaac from Golden Sun as a playable.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
F-Zero could do with another representative - I recommend one of the original four (Samurai Goroh, Dr. Stewart and Pico, since Captain Falcon is already in the game). And if you do put in another Fire Emblem rep, I vouch for Micaiah; she's got plenty of moveset potential (i.e. doesn't use a sword :p ) and would be fun to play as. She's also the most recent Fire Emblem lord.

As for other characters, look in the retro/underrated Nintendo department. Little Mac, Mach Rider, Advance Wars, etc.

Since you remembered to consider an Adventure mode, I don't have any other suggestions right now. Best of luck to you guys on this. :D

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
but there isnt any gba graphics sprite for Micaiah nor is there any fan made so lyn should be in the game instead

JOE!

Smash Hero
Wishlist:

Yoshi team: SHY-GUY (Yoshi needs a new dude)

Pokemon: SCYTHER (name a more bad-*** pokemon[scisor doesnt count, syther was there before him, thus has a longer bad-*** reign]), MEWTWO (only not lol moveset)

Starfox: PEPPY HARE (Final Smash=Barrel Roll)

Metroid: SPACE PIRATE

Extras:

Rayman

Banjo-Kazooie

Goku (wut? he was my hero in the early years...)

Falcon88

Smash Ace
I think we should make a Smash styled game with only DBZ characters lol
No, but seriously, we should keep Goku. Some people object, but he's been in several video games and is too popular to take out.

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
Yoshi - put boshi, but with differnet move

Pokemon - and a more bad *** pokemon than scyther is kabutops

StarFox - peppy sux! panther is way better than peppy but krystal is should be in.

Metroid - sylux is already good enough

Rayman is just some seperate body piece wierdo

banjo is a good idea, you should put mumbo jumbo in aswell

Goku is an anime character

Minwu

Smash Journeyman
I could provide a video demonstration of Anakin/Darth Vader's attacks in Star Wars Battlefront 2 if need be.

Also, add Meowth + the cut Melee clones and unfinished Brawl characters.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well, Mewtwo and Roy are confirmed, but Pichu and Dr. Mario are rather questionable.

As for unfinished Brawl characters - We've got that almost completely covered, if you exclude Dixie Kong, anyway.

Mardyke

Smash Journeyman
but there isnt any gba graphics sprite for Micaiah nor is there any fan made so lyn should be in the game instead
I recall seeing something fanmade on serenesforest.net's forums. I'd link and make sure, but it's offline right now. :/

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I've said this like 50 times now XD. but ima make it 51. I'd like to see alucard from castlevania SOTN in there. it was for the ps1 so if anyone can get ahold of the sprites they wont be graphically advanced. There are also a lot of possibilities for his moveset.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Alucard would be pretty awesome.

I have one major gripe though:

Raphael? 'Not good enough!', Soul Calibur Raphael? Really? He somehow seems even worse than Krystal...

And come on, who doesn't love the Great Leon! (Seriously though, aren't there enough Star Fox xharacters already?)

Micaiah would make a good character, provided she doesn't suck as bad as in her game...

Geno (or Mallow!) would be great too, as would Isaac.

Mikau1

Smash Rookie
4 characters from fox series, thats a lot. in brawl the only games that have 4 characters inside is zelda, pokemon and mario
can there be lloyd from tales of symphonia, he is a cool character

JOE!

Smash Hero
Yoshi - put boshi, but with differnet move

Pokemon - and a more bad *** pokemon than scyther is kabutops

StarFox - peppy sux! panther is way better than peppy but krystal is should be in.

Metroid - sylux is already good enough

Rayman is just some seperate body piece wierdo

banjo is a good idea, you should put mumbo jumbo in aswell

Goku is an anime character

so much blasphemey.......

Top Bottom