• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros Brawl Bosses

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Ridley will be playable.
Gosh, you're someone from Nintendo?
I think Ridley is pretty much boss material. You don't have to devalue him and keep his size and coolness when he's a boss, plus he's pretty much a boss in every Metroid game.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Ganondorf didn't have to be resized, though. Looking at the current bosses (Rayquaza and Petey) they're big and impressive. I like Ridley, but would definitely prefer him as boss, as putting him in a playable spot just wouldn't suit him and make him less the things he is - impressive and huge.

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
a Boss? If we are theorizing here, Exa-Bowser! exa is actually a measurement or something that is twice that of giga. Giga is like x9 and exa is x18, so an Exa-Bowser is twice as large, twice as mean, and twice as evil looking as Giga-Bowser.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
This whole wouldn't suit him thing really doesn't make sense to me. Ridley's big, but not that big. It's like Bowser really. Now Kraid, that guy is big. You can't resize him without it just being dumb. But Ridley is fine at the normal human size. Remember the Melee intro? There was no problem at all there. =/

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Kraid was, in-game, not much larger than Ridley. He was enlarged for Melee. Also, I'm not arguing that he CAN'T be resized, but that it would be cooler if he WASN'T - like for Metroid Prime and sequels, he was enlarged a lot. That made him far more impressive and awesome.

And honestly, the SSBM intro Ridley looked, excuse the French, ********.

InvincibleAgent

Smash Lord
Corneria, Oregon, US - Melee: Roy, Link, Ganondorf
Here are my thoughts on Ridley:

Important characters in Metroid not in Melee:

Dark Samus
Sylux
Ridley
Kraid
Mother Brain

Ones that would work as PCs:

Dark Samus
Sylux
Ridley

Ones that would work as bosses:

Ridley
Kraid
Mother Brain

Now, I'm guessing that there will only be one Metroid boss, and they'll have to pick between those 3. I don't think there's any such limit on PCs, though, since Kirby has 3. So I think Ridley will be playable, as he's more important than Sylux, and more permanent of an antagonist than Dark Samus... Whether those two are playable or not. I could see Sylux as an AT.

Noa.

Smash Master
From what I have seen so far in SSE, it seems that there are the main villains, such as Wario, and Boswer, and the big bosses. The villains use the trophy guns, track down the heroes, etc. The big bosses do all the dirty work, Petey was to capture the princesses, Rayquaza was to destroy Fox's ship.(I think that when the Halberd shot down Fox's Arwing, that the SSE sent Rayquaza to finish the job. Hence why he shot st the Arwing when Diddy found him.) The villains are PCs and are character size, when compared to the bosses. The bosses are huge, and cant be fitted into a playable character, so instead of ATing them, they give them a role in SSE.

My list for Villains: Boswer, Wario, Ridley,Dark Samus, Star Wolf, King Dedede, Ganondorf, Mewtwo, Giovanni, and some more

My list for Bosses:
Petey Pirhana, Chain Chomp, Andross, Kraid, Mother Brain, Any of the big Legendary Pokemon, Kracko, Whispy Woods, Ghoma, Ganon(Beast form), and others.

Williampettysan

Smash Journeyman
I think Kraid would be the best boss. :p

Ridley is not huge... In the melee introduction he was a bit bigger then Samus. While still looking awsome. Condor should replace Ridley as a boss. XD

I think Chain Chomp is more of a enemy... Their to weak to be a boss. Size dosen't matter.

1. First of all, even though he is the opening for the Ice Climbers, a Hammer Bro is a assist trophy, yet still appearing as a enemy for Bowser, NOT SEE.

2. In the movie clip, Meta and IC were fighting some SEE in a snowy inside mountain place.

3. The Condor would give IC's a good opening like Fox had... While also giving IC a good storyline like the Condor stealing their fruit, it's not as bad as PT trying to find Pikachu. T_T

4. Condor might not be as big, but flying fast around the stage could give meaning for it to two player since IC's aren't fast they could most likley attack him when charging at them. While Meta chases as he is faster and can fly.

5. After you get the fruit Condor could get enraged and turn into the don't get caught by the Condor stage, which I think there scary and suspensive in some ways
I got some more... :o

6. Condor is the main enemy/villan/boss. In the Ice Climber's game. Hell you could even call it the third main character for the game.

7. In the snowy mountain cave thing, i'm very certain that Polar Bears and Topi's could be enemies with some Sub space enemies. It's like a whole Ice Climber level. :D

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
I say that, since Ridley's size has already been established in the Smash universe (along with Kraid), I would say that Ridley is not too big to be playable. He'd be as tall as Ganondorf or Bowser in Melee, if not maybe an inch taller. Also, his claws act like hands, and him flying with a trophy gun in his talons would be hellsome. (I say, we need a Brawl video of Ridley, and see what size he is compared to other characters. If he's Kraid-sized, then he's a boss. If he's regular Bowser sized, he'll most likely be playable.)

Also, these big bosses seem like they're "one shots" rather than main series bosses. Rayquaza was only a "boss" Pokemon in the 3rd generation (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald), and Petey is the first boss of New Super Mario Bros. & Super Mario Sunshine. Ridley has been the most recurring character next to Samus, hands down. Also, if you wanted to fight against Ridley in boss fashion, just play any good Metroid game (except Echoes, but that sucked in comparison from what I heard). Everyone wants to get vengeance on Samus, and Ridley's thirsting for some vengeance right about now.

Kraid would make an awesome boss, as long as they keep the jungle-like environment from Super Metroid. Like a combo of machine and nature. It'd be cool, you know it.

Top Bottom