• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros. Infinite Project (Finally Finished!???)

Which title should we use?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Game Awards Discussion

While this isn’t a job, we may be looking into discussion to possibly pull some possible ideas to be including along with this trailer for Nintendo’s appearance in TGAS.

• What new hypothetical Nintendo franchise would you like see be created?
    What Nintendo games do you want to see rebooted?
  • What Nintendo franchises do you want to see get a new game?
  • What new third party games do you want to see?

This isn’t just for TGAS 2021 per say but in general. This discussion is for you to share your ideas about any possible game, Nintendo or 3rd party, that will join our newcomer dlc announcement.

airConditioner

Smash Ace
Gonna make this real quick because I have a lot of things to do

As a G*nshin player I think it's both the perfect time but also way too early to add the Traveler. I think they would do exceptionally well in the realm of Smash as there's a lot of attacks to draw from, but at the same time, not enough. What do I mean by this? So the world of Genshin Impact has 7 elements, with the characters you summon being focused on one. However, the Traveler starts out with the Anemo element (Wind). They are able to change their element at Statues of the Seven found throughout the world, but they are limited to one type of element in an area. In essence, each of the regions in Genshin Impact is tied to an element, and in order to make full use of them, they would need to unlock the full world. The catch here is that there's only 3 regions currently released, with the next chapter slated to be coming soon™. So as of now, the Traveler would only be use Anemo (wind), Geo (earth), and Electro (... self explanatory), with Dendro (leaves and stuff) on the way. It's still the perfect time to add them though, as Genshin is at a high point of popularity and would probably remain that way for at least 1 or 2 more years. Plus it's a way to get a true Chinese game representative and a true Mobile Game representative (I don't count Anna).

Sure we can just make stuff up for the Pyro (fire), Hydro (water), Cryo (Ice), but a lot of the attacks are kind of really specific, so it would be kind of hard. It's the call of the thread in the end. I'd be happy if we got Genshin because the music is bangin and a Liyue Harbor stage would be super sick. In terms of how the player is represented though, it wouldn't hurt too much to wait a bit to make a full, accurate moveset.

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
The Traveler would be both so amazing yet so wrong for all the right reasons! Here is a character who has elemental based sword attacks from a game people said was a clone of BotW! The salt would be intense!

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Goddangit, I missed chance #1 for Silent Hill. Stupid SmashBoards, stopping in sending me notifications for this thread...

Last edited:

Jomosensual

Smash Champion
Goddangit, I missed chance #1 for Silent Hill. Stupid SmashBoards, stopping in sending me notifications for this thread...
I don't think Silent Hill was up for any recent game awards or won any so luckily for you there wasn't a missed shot here

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I don't think Silent Hill was up for any recent game awards or won any so luckily for you there wasn't a missed shot here
Oh, well, that's good. Anyways, if Cloud, Corrin and Bayonetta submissions are still up...

Cloud:
1639025114890.png

One-Winged Devil (Kingdom Hearts 1)
Since we finally managed to get Sora in Smash Bros, I'd honestly be kind of surprised if we didn't get this design in Smash as an alternate costume. In this costume, Cloud will look nearly identical to his OG alt, except he gains a red scarf, a devil's wing that has no hurtbox, some armor on his right hip, and the buster sword becomes wrapped in bandages, just like in the picture above.

Corrin:
1639025267794.png

Ryoma (Male, White)
Corrin gains a color based on the eldest of the Hoshido characters, Ryoma. This costume comes with a white cape, red and gold armor, and brown hair to closely resemble the Hoshido samurai.

Bayonetta:
1639025570827.png

Cheshire Luka (Gray):
A journalist and escape artist who is a recurring character in the Bayonetta series. Whether this be for Bayonetta's 1, 2 or 3 appearances, what changes is that her body suit will gain a light greyish hue with blue trims to resemble his appearance in Bayonetta 2. Furthermore, just like her Jeanne colors, Bayonetta's hair color changes, this time to match the mahogany brown of her teasing victim.

Last edited:

Commander_Alph

Smash Lord
Didn't realize there's an alt submission going.
Bayonetta

Epilogue Dress Concept Art (Pink)

This is for her Bayonetta 2 appappearance.

Male Corrin

Odin (Yellow)

Odin or known by his other name, Owain. Here his whole body becomes brown with yellow/orange accent.

Cloud

Yoshi taka Amano Artwork (Black)

Apparently this is a costume in Dissidia, after checking it seems that it hasn't used in Smash despite his current one looking same-y.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
As intense as Fortnite though?
Fortnite hate is dying down a bit

Gacha hate is on the rise. not to mention the Anime Swordfighter stigma.

---------------

Bayonetta

Rosa (Scarlet)

She gains Rosa's headwear and red accents

Corrin

Lilith (Light Blue)

Lilith - Fire Emblem Wiki

This is for F!Corrin and she gains the colors of Lilith

Cloud

Third Dress Colors (Lavender)

Cloud gains the colors of his Third Dress option from FF7R this is for the Advent Children costume

This is just a color swap but for this alt he gains the special earrings you can obtain in FF7R

Last edited:

tonygameman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3706-2453-6800
When thinking about it, the Groovitron would actually work as a funny idea for the Ratchet & Clank item. You basically throw it forward like a grenade from the glove, as it raises into the air and spins like a disco ball, playing "Disco Napoli" that makes opponents in range uncontrollably taunt for a short while. After a time expires, it will drop down and then explode, dealing damage to nearby opponents hence it's upgrade, the Groovibomb.

As an Assist Trophy, Captain Qwark would be inspired by vid-comic segments from Up Your Arsenal (the third game), punching opponents with his fists when close by and using his blaster to shoot either energy projectiles or a continuous blast of flames at them.

Dr. Nefarious would obviously be a boss character, with his fight and several phases being based on multiple games he appeared in (Vid-Comic/Up Your Arsenal/A Crack in Time), most especially Rift Apart and even throw down a Hypersonic Brainwave Scrambler that traps the player in a bubble for seconds, like he did in the San Francisco stage from PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale.

Last edited:
Game Awards Discussion:
1. I could want to see new Nintendo IP based on Two-Player game like It Takes two, but it could borrow stuff from older IPs like Pikmin, Chibi-Robo or even Eternal Darkness.
It would take place at Post-Apocalyptic Earth resembling "Adventure Time" cartoon & Fallout franchise and there are 2 Human protagonists, who survived the War and they two need to rebuild World after huge War. They also fight creatures made from Mutation and and they do random tricku puzzles by controlling two people.
That IP is hypothetical, so I don't know if it will happen, but I could want to see 2 Player-type games made by Nintendo.
2. Since we talk about Deda Nintendo IPs, I could revive the NES and Modern ones like Ice Climber, Mach Rider, Excite, Golden Sun, Chibi Robo and etc.
The Examples I could want to see as Revival of Dead IP:
  • Ice Climber: Ascension (Credit Shout-out to someone, who came up with that idea).
  • Mach Rider: Resurrection.
  • Murasame Castle: Battle between Ages.
  • Golden Sun: Shining Again.
  • ExciteCars (ExciteBike and ExciteTruck, but with Cars and it resembles Forza along with OutRun)
  • Chibi-Robo: Switch it up.
3. I really could want to see new proper Star Fox game, where Team Star Fox needs to stop Space-Time continuum phenomenon before Andross repairs his timelines of Multiverse from his Mistakes.
4. I could really want to See "Conker's Bad Fur Week" as Real Game, which is sequel to Conker's Bad Fur Day and it could be released on Xbox One Series X and Nintendo Switch. It would take place 21 years after First Game's events and Conker, being 42-year old Squirrel now rules the Squirrel Kingdom (Panther Kingdom conquered by Conker), but he was dethroned and banished from the Kingdom to another part of World and Conker needs to survive a week to get back to his home.
Banjo-Kazooie also could play a role in Conker's Sequel game.

(I know it's little Unrealistic, but I could wanna see Nintendo Dead IP getting Revived)

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Talking about the Game Awards here, I think we might see BotW 2 at this show, mainly because it's been a while since we got some info on that game. I dunno if we'll see more info on Pokemon Legends: Arceus at TGA, but the timing of their most recent tweet is making me think it'll be the case. I don't think we're getting Prime 4, we JUST got Dread released. Also, I really think they should reveal a new IP soon. Astral Chain was a pleasant surprise when that was revealed, and Splatoon, and to a much lesser extent ARMS, seemed to be enough of a hit. What genre will they tackle and how? I dunno.

As for what the others might reveal...I'm really hoping for FFVIIR-2 or something. I know we're still waiting on FF16 and Dark Final FantaSouls: Kill Chaos Edition, but knowing how hard Square is going in on the FFVII stuff, it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm not sure about what NetherRealm might reveal. Patterns suggest it'll be Injustice 3, but rumors are saying we're getting a Marvel game. And before you start about Disney, I'd like to tell you this: in an interview with Disney and Pixar Games Vice President Luigi Priore, Disney has a new approach to video games with other studios involving “bringing our characters to our fans in new ways and saying yes to things which might have seemed impossible before.”

This is exactly the reason why Sora managed to finally make it into Smash Bros! So, Disney giving NetherRealm a shot at making a Marvel game doesn't sound too ludicrous.

Though on the other hand, we have MultiVersus coming, and I'm not sure if that'll cannibalize hype or not. I guess the only way to minimize it is by announcing Scorpion and Sub-Zero in a future MultiVersus update, so...yeah.

Out of all of them, though, what I really wanna see is a look at Callisto Protocol, that PUBG Cinematic Universe horror game. We are literally a month away from its release year, and the trailer makes it look like it'll be really fun to go through.

Those are just some thoughts that surfaced as I was writing this post.

Out of all of them, though, what I really wanna see is a look at Callisto Protocol, that PUBG Cinematic Universe horror game. We are literally a month away from its release year, and the trailer makes it look like it'll be really fun to go through.
So, you're interested about New Callisto Protocol from PUBG Universe, huh?
I thought PUBG was kinda Dead game.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Well, I saw a fake leak recently about a forgotten Nintendo IP getting a new game next year, one that will make many people surprised. Admittedly, it was worded in a way that makes it too vague to say WHAT game, but they did post that one meme of the horse saying "MAN", and claimed it was a hint, so... Pocket Card Jockey 2, anyone?

Well, I saw a fake leak recently about a forgotten Nintendo IP getting a new game next year, one that will make many people surprised. Admittedly, it was worded in a way that makes it too vague to say WHAT game, but they did post that one meme of the horse saying "MAN", and claimed it was a hint, so... Pocket Card Jockey 2, anyone?
No. I thought they revived NES franchise like Mach Rider.
And I don't that Franchise will return, it looks so bland and boring.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero

As a G*nshin player I think it's both the perfect time but also way too early to add the Traveler. I think they would do exceptionally well in the realm of Smash as there's a lot of attacks to draw from, but at the same time, not enough. What do I mean by this? So the world of Genshin Impact has 7 elements, with the characters you summon being focused on one. However, the Traveler starts out with the Anemo element (Wind). They are able to change their element at Statues of the Seven found throughout the world, but they are limited to one type of element in an area. In essence, each of the regions in Genshin Impact is tied to an element, and in order to make full use of them, they would need to unlock the full world. The catch here is that there's only 3 regions currently released, with the next chapter slated to be coming soon™. So as of now, the Traveler would only be use Anemo (wind), Geo (earth), and Electro (... self explanatory), with Dendro (leaves and stuff) on the way. It's still the perfect time to add them though, as Genshin is at a high point of popularity and would probably remain that way for at least 1 or 2 more years. Plus it's a way to get a true Chinese game representative and a true Mobile Game representative (I don't count Anna).

Sure we can just make stuff up for the Pyro (fire), Hydro (water), Cryo (Ice), but a lot of the attacks are kind of really specific, so it would be kind of hard. It's the call of the thread in the end. I'd be happy if we got Genshin because the music is bangin and a Liyue Harbor stage would be super sick. In terms of how the player is represented though, it wouldn't hurt too much to wait a bit to make a full, accurate moveset.
Huh, I didn’t know that, I just know that Genshin is a pretty big deal and technically up for the job so I took my chance. Timing is definitely a thing though, though on the other hand Genshin’s pretty big and I feel the recency factor is a boon in some ways too

SharkLord

Smash Hero

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. We only have three elements for the Traveler at the moment, so it doesn't feel like we could represent them properly. Personally, I'd go with another character who's popular and/or gets used in the marketing a lot, like, say, Amber or Venti, seeing as they have their entire movesets already.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. We only have three elements for the Traveler at the moment, so it doesn't feel like we could represent them properly. Personally, I'd go with another character who's popular and/or gets used in the marketing a lot, like, say, Amber or Venti, seeing as they have their entire movesets already.
I remember Mona being particularly popular, and I've already thought of a few things for her moveset.

On the other hand, Zhongli and the Raiden Shogun are also particularly popular. We could have a different take on a spearfighter then BWD does in Infinite, and in RS's case, she could have a swap mechanic like Pyra/Mythra that has her change weapons to fight. Zhongli, meanwhile, has a blend of spearfighting and Steve's terraforming capabilities as the Geo Archon, and his Petrify mechanic is something I don't think we've seen in Smash yet.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
I did consider that but went for the player character to be on the safe side since I found it hard to judge who out of all the characters was the most popular.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
I did consider that but went for the player character to be on the safe side since I found it hard to judge who out of all the characters was the most popular.
Yeah, picking a candidate is extremely difficult to do for Genshin for me, even though I listed three already.

It'll take a long time until the Traveler gets all 7 elements back, and depending on what miHoYo has planned for the future of the story, I don't see Paimon becoming promoted to playable anytime soon...

airConditioner

Smash Ace
For me it's the Traveler or nothing -

What I think would make a Genshin character unique is the elemental reactions and the way you kind of have to strategize what elements are in your party to deal the most damage. It's going to be hard to do something like that with a character who isn't the Traveler, unless you do something weird like a Jean/Amber/Kaeya/Diluc team. Though I would love to have any of the Archon playable, just because they're cool characters.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
For me it's the Traveler or nothing -

What I think would make a Genshin character unique is the elemental reactions and the way you kind of have to strategize what elements are in your party to deal the most damage. It's going to be hard to do something like that with a character who isn't the Traveler, unless you do something weird like a Jean/Amber/Kaeya/Diluc team. Though I would love to have any of the Archon playable, just because they're cool characters.
This...actually is the best way to go. Genshin doesn't make you stuck with one, it gives you multiple. We could make a Traveler with all his current abilities, spitball his Dendro abilities and give him, I dunno, Mona, Amber and Kaeya as teammates to fill out the remaining three. It could probably even be a Wild Gunman-style Down Special where the Traveler can summon one of the three members to set them up for elemental reactions.

Last edited:

Krookodilian

Smash Ace
YOUR WINNER IS...
Chefs0
Razputin4
Ekko5
Kratos7
Nathan Drake9
The Traveler9
Dante10
Dingodile11
2B12
Master Chief16
Ratchet & Clank16
Jonesy17
Zagreus23
Nahobino23

UNDECIDED!!!!!
its odd that we're having another tiebreaker especially after last time, but the vote has been static for a couple of hours so here we go again!

Vote Here for Round 2
Feel free to make your argument for your preferred fighter, although please spoil it at least for the next little while if you could.

Paraster

Smash Lord
Misread the results and thought it was Jonesy instead of Zagreus at first, lol.

Nahobino is really tempting, but Zagreus looks really cool and I'm always up for more indie rep.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Hmm...I know a lot more about Hades than I do Shin Megami Tensei (Thanks to Ouro Kronii for that), so I think I may vote for him. Furthermore, I think I also have a better idea to how Zagreus would play than I do Nahobino, as well.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
I'm going to just earnestly plead from the bottom of my heart, please give your vote to Nahobino. Shin Megami Tensei is a favourite franchise of mine and V is by far one of my favourites, not just in the series but probably my favourite game of all time (top 5 maybe? Nothing will top Minecraft.)

And while this is just a forum thread and not a real game, it would be nice to show some love for it in some capacity even to a small group of people. It is highly influential along the likes of Dragon Quest and Final Fantasy yet is far from rerecognizable.

SMT regularly just gets treated like the edgier, less sociable younger brother of Persona. It never even got represented in Smash while Persona got a whole fighter + spirits atop other Atlus properties getting spirits. Atop that, SMT V launched the week spirit events ended.

Game journalists just LOVE comparing it to its more sociable spin-off and it just would mean a lot to see some more Love shown to it through the Infinite thread. Hopefully this didn't come off as a mini pity party, vote honestly after all. But it would make me happy to get to come up with moves for the Nahobino alongside a stage, spirits and other misc. content. Thank you for reading.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
while Persona got a whole fighter + spirits atop other Atlus properties getting spirits. Atop that, SMT V launched the week spirit events ended.
It's exactly this reason why we shouldn't vote for Nahobino. Persona's already in, and RPGs are represented well already. Atlus has representation, let a different company get in, especially one with such a reputable track record. You have Megaten representation as some of it's demons are spirits and enemies.

Hades has nothing.

Last edited:

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
It's exactly this reason why we shouldn't vote for Nahobino. Persona's already in, and RPGs are represented well already. Atlus has representation, let a different company get in, especially one with such a reputable track record. You have Megaten representation as some of it's demons are spirits and enemies.
Yeah but Zagreus is missing one thing.

Cute twink femboy rep.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
Yeah but Zagreus is missing one thing.

Cute twink femboy rep.
I know you're meming, but come on man.

Also if we're talking pure horny, more people get it going with Zag than Nahobino. Just saying.

Also, Hades has better stage potential than just "Tokyo, but Destroyed" which is boring. You've got the House of Hades itself, Chaos's Realm, Asphodel, Elysium, the Temple of Styx, honestly a travelling stage just called "Underworld" would be so sick

Last edited:

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
I know you're meming, but come on man.

Also if we're talking pure horny, more people get it going with Zag than Nahobino. Just saying.

Also, Hades has better stage potential than just "Tokyo, but Destroyed" which is boring. You've got the House of Hades itself, Chaos's Realm, Asphodel, Elysium, the Temple of Styx, honestly a travelling stage just called "Underworld" would be so sick
Counterpoint: that just sounds like a generic underworld setting. At least with Tokyo, you got SMT demons running around and possibly breaking the fourth wall.

Adrianette Bromide

Smash Lord
Hm, perhaps I will make my pitch for a Shin Megami Tensei V stage. Not just a destroyed Tokyo but the backdrop to a full on war between God's forces and motherflipping Lucifer.

Yeah SMT goes kind of hard. This is the real deal, the dark prince of the netherworld literally just dips from the sky to take a giant crack of Tokyo out and nearly destroys the entirety of it right after punching God in the face. Imagine fighting atop a fallen building with Tokyo Tower in the distance among countless angels and demons fighting and then just BOOM, this guy pops in.

Spoilers for SMT V, some context for the stage:
Specifically, the destroyed Tokyo is known as "Da'at." It is what remains of Tokyo after a giant war between divinities occurs. There are some survivors however and by God's blessing, he recreates Tokyo in a Matrix style world where everyone is kept safe from the horrors. The demons in Da'at however seem to slowly be seeping into the fragile bubble of a false paradise forcing the Japanese branch of a worldwide organization known as Bethel to step in to stop them. However, as with most SMT games, the angels are not necessarily good guys. They prioritize order against all costs. The angels will kill demons even if it means humans must be sacrificed. The forces of chaos led by Lucifer eager to free humanity from their chains and create a free society.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom