• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashBros Infinite

Smash Rookie
Here something i think is interesting to discuss, we have seen already Zelda announce without sheik(as they did in brawl), Sakurai is using once more Link's twilight princess desing, why?? Is the new Zelda wii u game a sequela of TP?? and if it is(or not) could we see Link tranforming in wolf link/midna?? maybe with a taunt botton

And also if Nintendo is making a Majora's remake or sequela can we see Mask Link in SSB4 with some similar function as Pokemon Trainer?? (even we already have Link and toon link?? )
(this link represents almost every village of Zelda Games)
Sakurai already confirms SkullKid as an AT

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm guessing that the Twilight Princess styles were used again for a few different reasons. One being that it doesn't stray too far from the other designs seen in games like Ocarina and Link's Awakening(as Link was a teenager in that game, and still had a relatively similar look). While Skyward Sword's has extremely different designs for Zelda and Ganon's counterpart Demise. Even Link's design was changed a fair bit.

Another is that, Ganondorf, while still having a counterpart in Skyward Sword, didn't fully show up himself in that game. And in a Link Between Worlds, he was in his Beast Form again, rather than his human one. So all three having matching looks would be ideal, and the most recent choice was technically, Twilight Princess. Not unless Ganondorf were to use his Ocarina, Wind Waker, or his(unused but still cool)Oracle designs.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was thinking if they should add another girl player that is also a hammer person. and that will be "Amy Rose" from the sonic series. if not, then why not have her added in assist trophys. and also bringing back Diddy Kong
Personally, I think we should keep it as just Sonic. If we're forced to have another one, it'd probably be either Shadow or Tails. But that's implying we're even getting another one...

mariomoney1001

Smash Rookie
NNID
mariomoney1001
3DS FC
5241-1966-8438
Personally, I think we should keep it as just Sonic. If we're forced to have another one, it'd probably be either Shadow or Tails. But that's implying we're even getting another one...
It would be cool if shadow was in it too. I totally agree to that

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
We ain't getting anymore SEGA or CAPCOM characters in Smash 4 as long as Sonic the Hedgehog & Mega Man are on board. If there's going to be another third party character, it'll undeniably be from a different company (we don't have an unlimited amount of character slots you know).

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Did anyone hear about the Sly Cooper animated movie? They kept the voices of the old cast, so that was cool. But for some reason Murray just looks off. Sly and Bentley don't look too bad, just more detailed. Now that I think of it, Ratchet and Clank's movie looks exactly like the cutscenes in their games. Which is to say they look good. Their character designs were kept the same as the PS3 games.

mariomoney1001

Smash Rookie
NNID
mariomoney1001
3DS FC
5241-1966-8438
We ain't getting anymore SEGA or CAPCOM characters in Smash 4 as long as Sonic the Hedgehog & Mega Man are on board. If there's going to be another third party character, it'll undeniably be from a different company (we don't have an unlimited amount of character slots you know).
they should add pacman.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Did anyone hear about the Sly Cooper animated movie? They kept the voices of the old cast, so that was cool. But for some reason Murray just looks off. Sly and Bentley don't look too bad, just more detailed. Now that I think of it, Ratchet and Clank's movie looks exactly like the cutscenes in their games. Which is to say they look good. Their character designs were kept the same as the PS3 games.
Yeah Murray looks a bit weird. Its either the new double chin or the skin discolouration but he looks awkward.
No Direct tomorrow.
I'm losing faith.
Quick question. Aren't main Nintendo Directs every other month?
We got one in December, which leads me to believe that February is the next month to expect 1.
If there is a ND in February I hope its a DKC newcomer that gets revealed alongside it
At this point i'm just gonna wait and see what comes out of this investor meeting.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Yeah Murray looks a bit weird. Its either the new double chin or the skin discolouration but he looks awkward.

Quick question. Aren't main Nintendo Directs every other month?
We got one in December, which leads me to believe that February is the next month to expect 1.
If there is a ND in February I hope its a DKC newcomer that gets revealed alongside it
At this point i'm just gonna wait and see what comes out of this investor meeting.
Not to mention he's the only one with a drastic costume change. Sly gets gray pants instead of loose fur. Bentley still has a hat. But Murray for some reason doesn't keep his red mask and blue shirt. but l won't complain that he's finally wearing pants.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Anyone see the Yo Video Games! Smash video?

Eghh. I say definite no to other Mega Man and Sonic characters. It's Nintendo first and wasn't it mentioned that keeping Mega Man true to his NES games was a priority? Sonic is no just because I refuse to even consider that as a possibility. Other than that no to Wonder Red and Bayonetta (gomenasai).
I can understand the PKMN Trainer thing but still think he'll get in. Disagree with ZSS being excluded in favor of Ridley even though I love Ridley.
Undecided about Little Mac but I can agree with him being in imo

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Eghh. I say definite no to other Mega Man and Sonic characters. It's Nintendo first and wasn't it mentioned that keeping Mega Man true to his NES games was a priority? Other than that no to Wonder Red and Bayonetta (gomenasai).
I can understand the PKMN Trainer thing but still think he'll get in. Disagree with ZSS being excluded in favor of Ridley even though I love Ridley.
Undecided about Little Mac but I can agree with him being in imo
The second Mega Man and Sonic rep weren't serious anyway.

SmashBros Infinite

Smash Rookie
I would like to see Sky from Skyblazer, is kind like pit but more powerful...
its almost impossible because the developer company is dead (not sure)

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Anyone see the Yo Video Games! Smash video?

Yeah I saw it. I like Yo Video Games!'s channel. Though I wonder why they think they'd axe Ganon. I'm pretty sure that he's too important to cut. Though I'm happy to see I'm not the only one that'd kill for a second Megaman character.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Now all we need is a Jack & Daxter film and the cycle is complete...or at least dubbed versions of the Parappa and Ape Escape anime.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
So I've been seeing an incredible amount of mixed views on Bravely Default as I start to see more of it.

You name it:

"Best game ever", "meh", "**** it", "So amazing" "Pretty average rpg", "It's horrible",

I've played the demo and I enjoyed what I played so far. I haven't beaten the demo yet, but I just beat the turtle mid boss where you needed "Better equipment then what the town offers.".

The biggest complaints I heard so far were, aside from being a generic RPG, was that it was overly complicated and grinding.

Also it apparently has a micro transaction feature to get an item that basically makes the game easier.

What are all of you guys' general opinions on it?

I'm still probably going to buy it anyways, but just curious.
Completely off topic..

Lol but I want the game myself. I intend to buy it if I like the demo when I get my 3DS next month :)

Also, I think a ND is gonna happen since that report of Nintendo releasing infor on phone apps or something on the 30th. I know Nintendo claimed it was false but the ones who reported it area never wrong about Nintendo events.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'm telling you guys, these new Video Game movies look promising. Especially Ratchet and Clank's movie. All we need is some CGI animated Mario, Star Fox and Mega Man movies to be made.

mariomoney1001

Smash Rookie
NNID
mariomoney1001
3DS FC
5241-1966-8438
I was thinking if they should add another girl player that is also a hammer person. and that will be "Amy Rose" from the sonic series. if not, then why not have her added in assist trophys. and also bringing back Diddy Kong

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
ZSS wouldn't take up a slot on the Char Select Screen anyway.

Ridley can get in too. Not sure why it'd have to be one or the other. Why not both?

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I'm telling you guys, these new Video Game movies look promising. Especially Ratchet and Clank's movie. All we need is some CGI animated Mario, Star Fox and Mega Man movies to be made.
But Mario and Link barely talk in their games. In fact, hardly any of the characters talk for that matter.

However, I would love to see a Metroid CGI or LA movie made. It almost begs to be made.

Edit: Then again, they did make an Animal Crossing anime soooooo.....

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't remember Link doing anything but screaming and making grunts.

Mario does talk, at the very least. It's a weak idea of them being able to normally speak, but some do... save Mario, who is apparently silent outside of catchphrases.

I'd like to see a Zelda movie, though. Metroid to. What does LA mean? I can only think of Link's Awakening, which could easily be made into a movie. >_>

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
But Mario and Link barely talk in their games. In fact, hardly any of the characters talk for that matter.

However, I would love to see a Metroid CGI or LA movie made. It almost begs to be made.

Edit: Then again, they did make an Animal Crossing anime soooooo.....
We had Mario, Luigi, Peach and the rest talk before in a few games. And quite a lot in TV shows, as cheesy as they were, it still worked. So having Mario talk should never be an issue, so long as Charles Martinet does his voice(or someone almost as good as him if he isn't available.).

But fully agree with with Link. Unlike Mario or Samus, who talk on occasion, Link never, ever speaks in the games. I feel like that should still be the case. Remember the last time someone made Link talk? It was said that the skies turned to black and rained fire. The oceans boiled over. The earth crumbled. And the ashes of the fallen swept the land as the stars cried out in pain.....Or something like that.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
From the other thread:

Is it almost Palutena time yet? :laugh:
"She's watching over the arena." I wonder if this is meant to be some kind of response to that leak. Saying that she might not actually be playable. Likely not, but who can blame a guy for asking.

Last edited:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
"She's watching over the arena." I wonder if this is meant to be some kind of response to that leak. Likely not, but who can blame a guy for asking.
It's probably just a reference to the statue. So far, the potential stages this could be is either from Ch.1, 18, or 20, with a small potential at 3. Regardless, this is getting more intense.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Link (or Toon Link as he is referred to in Smash) only speaks in the Wind Waker, when calling an idle character to his side (to be specific Medli or Makar in the Earth Temple and Wind Temple respectively, or one of the servant statues in the Tower of the Gods) he will say "Come on!".

He has never spoken in an official Nintendo game outside of that.

As for the pic, I'm personally in full doubt that this affects Palutena's chances at all, but I am concerned over the fact that the boards will almost-certainly explode soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom