• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I hope Toon Link can use Fire Arrows AND Ice Arrows... I really want Sakurai to make Toon Link more different from Link in SSB4, not keep him the same like in Brawl. And I wish Sakurai would give him a new Final Smash based on Four Swords instead of copying Link.
Orignally for brawl toon links final smash was going to be the wind conductor and calls the wind

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Oh, since we are on the topic of Tlink, they need to fix tethering so you tether the side of the side again. Doesn't matter if it's a ledge or not.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Insert jokes about thrusting here. :troll:

And yeah. The new graphics and effects are awesome~

Although the fact the Spin Attack is shown in the air throws out my hopes for that(Deku Leaf) as a recovery. I guess Sakurai prefers his "rule" of Child Link having the same specials over uniqueness. I find that pretty contradictory towards his reasons for not adding some characters from fighting games(simply because they're too similar to current characters. Ryu is an example of this. This could be the same reason that MegaMan is extremely different from his MVC incarnations...). He deconfirms putting in certain kinds of clones... but brings back a clone and keeps him one. My hopes for a better Ganondorf suddenly just dropped. D:
"Vague" and "Confusing" are two words that best describe many of Sakurai's quotes.

I'm not TOO worried about Ganondorf, considering how at least some characters have been revamped, and Ganondorf did already recieve a few moves of his own as of Brawl. (well he had some of his own moves in Melee, just VERY few) I'd expect him to recieve some more new moves in this game.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
"Vague" and "Confusing" are two words that best describe many of Sakurai's quotes.

I'm not TOO worried about Ganondorf, considering how at least some characters have been revamped, and Ganondorf did already recieve a few moves of his own as of Brawl. (well he had some of his own moves in Melee, just VERY few) I'd expect him to recieve some more new moves in this game.
I more think he won't be very much decloned. I worry he might not even get a damn sword.(although really, the easiest way to justify a sword is switching to his Toon persona, but eh).

I'm sure he'll be a bit better, though. Just a bit. Give me his Energy Balls man. Everyone wants his Balls!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I hope Toon Link reaches atleast Wolf/Lucas' level of luigification. That is sufficient to make him a non-clone, right?

I just noticed it... Toon Link's spin attack is now green to match Wind Waker. Yay!

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I more think he won't be very much decloned. I worry he might not even get a damn sword.(although really, the easiest way to justify a sword is switching to his Toon persona, but eh).

I'm sure he'll be a bit better, though. Just a bit. Give me his Energy Balls man. Everyone wants his Balls!
LOL at the last sentence.

I'd like for him to have a sword, but I just want him to get revamped in some way, sword included or not. Energy Ball, Sword, Trident, anything. Just include at least one of those things and replace his moves that very similar to Capt. Falcon's with something new and similar to what he has used in LoZ games. (Flame Choke can be kept though, the only similar aspect it has to Raptor Boost is how it starts)

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I hope Toon Link reaches atleast Wolf/Lucas' level of luigification. That is sufficient to make him a non-clone, right?
I'm holding my breath for that too. I would be happy if Toon Link actually uses the Skull hammer or using the Wind Waker to push enemies back in the vain of FLUDD or Water Gun.
I just noticed it... Toon Link's spin attack is now green to match Wind Waker. Yay!
Subtle Touches. That's the...
I just noticed that too, I hope Toon Link uses the Hurricane Spin attack to move while he uses his grounded spin attack similar to DK. I just want him to do something substantially different from Link.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Found out my car battery is officially dead. Awesome. -_-
Power it with Aura?

LOL at the last sentence.
I aim to please.

I'd like for him to have a sword, but I just want him to get revamped in some way, sword included or not. Energy Ball, Sword, Trident, anything. Just include at least one of those things and replace his moves that very similar to Capt. Falcon's with something new and similar to what he has used in LoZ games. (Flame Choke can be kept though, the only similar aspect it has to Raptor Boost is how it starts)
Same. While he sucked in Brawl, he felt pretty different. It's harder to notice his drop speed in Melee compared to the Cap because they both weigh quite a bit. The speed is obvious, but they both are powerhouses. Come Brawl, and they feel extremely different, despite having some similar moves. While their Final Smashes are obviously different, they both "summon" something powerful and blow the enemy away. They feel somewhat similar.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I said this on a different topic but has anyone notice that it says New challenger instead of veteran fighter like luigi and olimar and peach?

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Collecting the communities' takeaways from the Toon Link reveal:

- It is possible to have two characters in one month.
- Characters are being revealed despite their potential hidden status.
- 3/4 of the new reveals are tied to game releases.
- People who thought Conductor Link disqualified Toon Link are silly bunnies.
- The dream for Ridley is not dead.
- See point above for Toad.
- Roster cuts are not as likely.
- Toon Link's still a clone.

Did I get it right, board?

Also, doesn't exactly take Nostradamus to guess this, but I'm pretty confident Friday, October 11th we'll get our next character. Banking pretty hard on it being Mewtwo or Jigglypuff. If we do get Sonic in that same month, my best guess is Thursday, October 24th coinciding with the Japanese release of Sonic Lost World.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

Pretty much. We're not certain if anything will happen or has happened to Toon Link's moveset aside from the special moves we've seen so far though.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Also, doesn't exactly take Nostradamus to guess this, but I'm pretty confident Friday, October 11th we'll get our next character. Banking pretty hard on it being Mewtwo or Jigglypuff. If we do get Sonic in that same month, my best guess is Thursday, October 24th coinciding with the Japanese release of Sonic Lost World.
I still doubt Ridley. Toon Link had chance only because ST Toon Link isn't the same as WW Toon Link. So one can argue that while they both look the same, they are 2 different beings.

Now you guys can correct me if i'm wrong, but... isn't there only one Ridley???
If there is, then I highly doubt Ridley would be playable if he is a stage hazard.

Toad, i'm 50/50 on him at this point.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I said this on a different topic but has anyone notice that it says New challenger instead of veteran fighter like luigi and olimar and peach?
...It just happens to say Veteran now. At least on the US site.

Also, what didn't coincide with a release date? Luigi had Super Mario Bros. 2 Lost Levels released on the Wii VC on August 8th. They've all been the exact date of a release of a game in the series. Not a new game, just a release.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I still doubt Ridley. Toon Link had chance only because ST Toon Link isn't the same as WW Toon Link. So one can argue that while they both look the same they 2 different beings.

I highly doubt if Ridley if in fact a stage hazard, that he too can be playable if he is also a NPC.
Well the thing is ridley is one big ******!

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Yup. I, for one, and most excited about what this means as far as potential cuts go! What if there aren't ANY?! That would be incredible.

I still doubt Ridley. Toon Link had chance only because ST Toon Link isn't the same as WW Toon Link. So one can argue that while they both look the same, they are 2 different beings.

If there is, then I highly doubt Ridley would be playable if he is a stage hazard.
The Ridley in Other M is not actually Ridley. He's just a clone, but I think they accidentally spilled some of Woody Woodpecker's DNA into the petri dish (I'd feel bad about spoilers, but if you actually want to play Other M, you have bigger problems).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Truth is Other M Ridley isn't the same Ridley as Samus's nemesis, but a clone of him, as evidenced by Samus meeting him as Little Birdie and him growing throughout the game.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Truth is Other M Ridley isn't the same Ridley as Samus's nemesis, but a clone of him, as evidenced by Samus meeting him as Little Birdie and him growing throughout the game.
I have no knowledge of the Metriod lore but, if that's the case, then okay Ridley has somewhat of a chance.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I have no knowledge of the Metriod lore but, if that's the case, then okay Ridley. Has somewhat of a chance.
Just remember, they had Dr. Mario and Mario in, who are supposedly the same person. In a series that has no real canon to speak of. They also share the same symbol as well. Also keep in mind Metal Mario was a fully separate character in 64 as well.

I don't think Sakurai cares at all if the same person or "character"(that is, two versions of Toon Link, which is confirmed) appear in some way. So really, I don't see how this affects Ridley's chances at all. Notably, they have two main Ridley designs, regular and Meta. They could use the opposite one, assuming one appears in the Pyrosphere in the first place.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Toad, i'm 50/50 on him at this point.
Going to have to provide a source for that buddy, because last I checked, Sakurai never said that -- the community did. And no, the Ridley in Other M is different from the Ridley in other games. Not that it matters in the end, anyways.
...It just happens to say Veteran now. At least on the US site.

Also, what didn't coincide with a release date? Luigi had Super Mario Bros. 2 Lost Levels released on the Wii VC on August 8th. They've all been the exact date of a release of a game in the series. Not a new game, just a release.
Technically Luigi's reveal coincided with the US release of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team as part of celebrating "The Year of Luigi". Peach is the only character so far that has gone without any reference to a new game. Pretty sure there is a reason she was shown early, we obviously just don't know.

Yup. I, for one, and most excited about what this means as far as potential cuts go! What if there aren't ANY?! That would be incredible.
Would be glorious. Not only would it mean not losing the characters I like, but I'd get to rub R.O.B's return in the face of every sponge that has been bad mouthing my boy.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Just remember, they had Dr. Mario and Mario in, who are supposedly the same person. In a series that has no real canon to speak of. They also share the same symbol as well. Also keep in mind Metal Mario was a fully separate character in 64 as well.

I don't think Sakurai cares at all if the same person or "character"(that is, two versions of Toon Link, which is confirmed) appear in some way. So really, I don't see how this affects Ridley's chances at all. Notably, they have two main Ridley designs, regular and Meta. They could use the opposite one, assuming one appears in the Pyrosphere in the first place.
What happened to Dr. Mario & Mario being 2 different people :troll:
I joke, I joke; and you have a point. Same thing with Link and Young Link in Melee.
But I guess only time will tell.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ha! I actually called this!

Even then, I can't believe it!

Life is good!

Looks like all the haters are blowing away!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ha! I actually called this!

Even then, I can't believe it!

Life is good!

Looks like all the haters are blowing away!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What happened to Dr. Mario & Mario being 2 different people :troll:
I joke, I joke; and you have a point. Same thing with Link and Young Link in Melee.
But I guess only time will tell.
Heh. However, keep in mind Adult Link can be from OOT while Young Link can be specifically from MM(and he does do MM-like things, including Fire Arrows).

But that's what I mean. With the exception of Sheik and Ganondorf, every character can be attributed to a different in their respective series. However, notably, Sheik is also a costume in Tekken Tag Team Tournament II for Wii U.(meaning she's appeared outside of Smash and a Zelda game as is. Something similar to a toon-like design also appeared in Scribblenauts Unlimited. Marking yet another appearance for her overall character. That's literally 5 different game appearances. OOT(and remakes/ports), both Smashes, and the two aforementioned games).

Technically Luigi's reveal coincided with the US release of Mario and Luigi: Dream Team as part of celebrating "The Year of Luigi". Peach is the only character so far that has gone without any reference to a new game. Pretty sure there is a reason she was shown early, we obviously just don't know.
She appeared on the same day Super Mario Bros. 1 got a VC release in all regions. It's just a latest game.

And no, Luigi's matches up exactly with Super Mario Bros. 2 Lost Levels on August 8th. Dream Team seems like it should've been the date, but that wasn't the actual case. Every character thusfar has been revealed on the release date(VC is included here) of one of the games in their series. Bar none.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
TOON LINK, MY BABY!!

KYAAAA!~

brb bawling my eyes out IN JOY!!

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Going to have to provide a source for that buddy, because last I checked, Sakurai never said that -- the community did. And no, the Ridley in Other M is different from the Ridley in other games. Not that it matters in the end, anyways.
True, Sakurai has never made such a statement, it was an assessment based off of past games.
And thanks for clearing it up the Ridley thing.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Because some of us didn't begin gaming at the turn of the century.

That actually doesn't help me, I doubt he'd get anything from the old games he actually had anything in if they put him in as almost no one would catch the references from them.

What does he actually have to offer.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not going to get my hopes up for any Pokemon rep in particular.

We can expect a Pokemon rep, most definetely, but which one? I don't think theres a way to tell, not at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom