• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The cel shaded Zeldas are just as big of a part as the "realistic" Zelda games.
Yeah, spin-off was a bad choice of word, since that wasn't what I meant, but I hope the idea still comes across that Toon Link is seperated enough from the rest of the Smash Zelda cast to not be affected by them one bit.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
See, now I'm trying to figure out potential monthly reveals, given that the silly once-a-month pattern is unpatterned. Word.

October - X/Y = PT (Likely), Luke, or Mewtwo (He wouldn't reveal Jiggs on that hype-filled day.) Is there another release in October or Anniversary I'm forgetting?

November - LBtW = Zelda (Maybe Sheik too)
F-Zero anniversary = Captain Falcon? (WHEN ELSE?)
Punch-Out a anniversary (Japan) = Little Mac? Please? Don't make me beg, Sakurai!

December - Tropical Freeze = Diddy. No question.
Yoshi - New Island (Isnt this December?) = Yoshi, duh.
Kid Icarus anniversary (Japan) = Palutena? Please again?

January - Wario Land anniversary = Wario

When does Mario 3D World come out? I predict a new Mario character then. I know we haven't got a new reveal yet, but it'll get here soon!
You also need to remember that A Link Between Worlds, Tropical Freeze and 3D World don't have Japanese release dates. Olimar, and now Toon Link, were revealed during the time of their Japanese releases. In fact, that may be one of the reasons why we saw Peach so early, besides Sakurai's whim. Hard to say that with any certainty though, since Sakurai can do something to change everything we thought we knew about his tendencies. The only thing that is clear at this point is the revealing of veterans is falling around the general timeframe of new game releases. I thought we'd only see four before year's end -- probably wrong about that, now, after two weeks with Peach and Toon Link.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Why must there be a law that states Link should not have positive qualities and give it to another Link to put salt on the wound.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
While I highly doubt the inclusion of Ridley and Toon Link at this moment and time, I think this is a pretty goo roster.
I don't think I have any real issues with any character. Maybe Miis and possibly a Diddy/Dixie Duo, but those are just nit picks.
9/10

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
  1. Is Toon Link not unlockable now? I Thought Luigi was the only lockable vet being revealed, because of the whole Year of Luigi thing.
  2. I was expecting a character ever since I saw that banner taken down early, good to see something to come out of it. October is gonna be pretty crazy. My guess is that we'll get 2 characters again that month; 1 from Pokémon and possibly Sonic
  3. I hope to Arceus that Toon Link uses items from WW/ST/PH I really don't want mini Link with amazing back air chaining.
  4. I have a feeling someone is gonna be revealed with 3D world... and I don't want it to be Toad... :crying:

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
See, now I'm trying to figure out potential monthly reveals, given that the silly once-a-month pattern is unpatterned. Word.

October - X/Y = PT (Likely), Luke, or Mewtwo (He wouldn't reveal Jiggs on that hype-filled day.) Is there another release in October or Anniversary I'm forgetting?

November - LBtW = Zelda (Maybe Sheik too)
F-Zero anniversary = Captain Falcon? (WHEN ELSE?)
Punch-Out a anniversary (Japan) = Little Mac? Please? Don't make me beg, Sakurai!

December - Tropical Freeze = Diddy. No question.
Yoshi - New Island (Isnt this December?) = Yoshi, duh.
Kid Icarus anniversary (Japan) = Palutena? Please again?

January - Wario Land anniversary = Wario

When does Mario 3D World come out? I predict a new Mario character then. I know we haven't got a new reveal yet, but it'll get here soon!
You have good observations there. Oh, December...

Had to do it :p
I'm gonna use that if not something else for when (if) Palutena gets revealed. After reading Banjodorf's post, I did some research and it seems that the original Kid Icarus was released in Japan on Friday, December 19, 1986. So if we were to speculate Palutena to be revealed if she does sometime, it will be December 19 this year, which is a Thursday (a day that some characters did get revealed).
So Palutena supporters, mark your calendars to Thursday, December 19th of this year, and hope we start an Uprising.

But anyways, now that TL was revealed, I'm hoping he will have some different moves and Final Smash that will make him a more unique character just likw what they're doing to with Luigi. And now that we'll be seeing more than 1 character revealed per month, it's safe to say most of Pokemon shall be for October. I'm not certain which one will be revealed, whether it's possibly Lucario or Mewtwo for promotional reasons, or Jiggs just for the sake of perfect attendance. Only time shall tell.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But anyways, now that TL was revealed, I'm hoping he will have some different moves and Final Smash that will make him a more unique character just like what they're doing to with Luigi.
We still see some of his B moves that he used in Brawl, so sadly, I don't think this'll happen.

As of this time, Sakurai hasn't changed his "As a rule, his Specials are the same" for the Child Link versions. If I remember correctly, he considers the Final Smash a special move... or at least it's listed in the same area.

Not that I don't think he could change this up, but I'm not putting my hopes up at this point. We do know he decided to let Villager in after he failed to be playable in Brawl. He said Villager was too peaceful for Brawl. So him changing his mind is not unbelievable. In addition, he also said "Movesets aren't finalized and could change", although I don't remember the exact words. But that was the exact message.

IMO, I doubt Toon Link will get new specials. Just variations like last time.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Suck it, doubters! I have a feeling like we're not going to get nearly as many cuts as people were assuming. Ho boy, I'm not even a fan of Toon Link, but this is ridiculously exciting. He looks so damn good in HD!

Also, this pretty much obliterates every single "leaked" roster that has come out (if stage hazard Ridley didn't do it enough already).

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
This is but one the legends of which the people speak...
Long ago, there existed a game where a Smash Ball lay hidden.
It was a prosperous land, blessed with red crabs, falling land masses, and pirate ships.
But one day a Meta of great Knight found the Smash Ball and took it for himself...
With its strength at his command, he spread fear across the tier list.
But then, when all hope had died, and the thought of balance had died...
A young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere.
Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the Knight away and gave the tier list peace.
This boy, who controlled the wind to save the tier list, was known as the Hero of Winds.
The boy's tale was passed down through tournaments until it became legend...
But then... A day came when Smash Bros. 4 was announced.
A new evil that came out of nowhere..
The Toon Link Haters crept forth from the depths of GameFAQs and Miiverse to spread the lies of Toon Link being cut from Smash.
Smashboards believed that Sakurai would reveal Toon Link once again to save them.
But Sakurai did neot reveal Toon Link.
Faced by an onslaught of stupidity, the Smashboardians could do nothing but appeal to Sakurai.
As the month of September began to end, with no sign of Toon Link, the Smashboardians left his future in the hands of fate.

And then...

On the morning of September 26, Masahiro Sakurai finally unveiled Toon Link, thus expelling all Haters and Nay Sayers.
Welcome back, Toon Link.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
We still see some of his B moves that he used in Brawl, so sadly, I don't think this'll happen.

As of this time, Sakurai hasn't changed his "As a rule, his Specials are the same" for the Child Link versions. If I remember correctly, he considers the Final Smash a special move... or at least it's listed in the same area.

Not that I don't think he could change this up, but I'm not putting my hopes up at this point. We do know he decided to let Villager in after he failed to be playable in Brawl. He said Villager was too peaceful for Brawl. So him changing his mind is not unbelievable. In addition, he also said "Movesets aren't finalized and could change", although I don't remember the exact words. But that was the exact message.

IMO, I doubt Toon Link will get new specials. Just variations like last time.

It don't have to be the specials; it could be the regular A moves that may change. Alas, time will tell like always.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm fine with that. Wait, how does Link's forward special look in SSB 4?
That's the odd thing; Nobody knows. Since the main design is still TP Link, seeing a Boomerang back makes sense. *shrugs*

It don't have to be the specials; it could be the regular A moves that may change. Alas, time will tell like always.
Well, I have no doubt he'll further declone him then. XD

D

Deleted member

I knew it was a good idea to keep Toon Link on my prediction roster. Still, it means less cutting possibility, which is good.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I still don't understand why everyone is excited for Toon Link, it's just an excuse to make Link terrible in my eyes.
How so?

Ever since Melee, all the StarFox characters have been, at the very least, decent. What reasons mean that Link has to be bad because Toon Link is in? Link has been terribad since Day 1. It's a problem of multiple links, it's a problem of them not giving a **** to fix his moveset. What, Link's moveset has been relatively the same since Day 1. The biggest changes he sees are the changes that come with the engine of the new Smash game and he just rolls with it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure if I'm surprised that Toon Link was confirmed or not. Still is pretty nice to have two confirms in one month especially since was previously controversial and is normally unlockable.

I wonder how his moveset might change in this new installment? Also no pictures of him on the Spirit Tracks stage is no fun.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
that screenshot of Toon Link in the background of that stage had everybody thinking he might have been cut, lol so it's really good to see him confirmed so quickly

this is why I can't write off Ridley just yet

because Sakurai is a certified troll lol

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'll say this: I'd ACCEPT Tetra before Impa, however I'd still get pissed at Sheik's inclusion. That's just how I roll, can't change how I roll. :cool:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DAT SMUG SMIRK!

Honestly, nobody noticed yet?

It's like he's laughing at the doubters.

'**** you *******, I'm in.' ~ Toon Link 2013

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Hmmm.... I wonder...

Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link

Brawl veteran
Smash 64 veteran
Melee veteran
Brawl veteran

I wonder if the next veteran revealed is from Smash 64... and considering Pokemon X & Y is the next major release... Jigglypuff could be the next veteran confirmed, effectively trolling the fans who expected Mewtwo to get in first.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I'm just happy it isn't Young Link or Classic Link

I have a feeling Link is gonna end up being trash again. :urg:

-Toon Link Doubter from July 11th - September 26th

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hmmm.... I wonder...

Olimar
Luigi
Peach
Toon Link

Brawl veteran
Smash 64 veteran
Melee veteran
Brawl veteran

I wonder if the next veteran revealed is from Smash 64... and considering Pokemon X & Y is the next major release... Jigglypuff could be the next veteran confirmed, effectively trolling the fans who expected Mewtwo to get in first.
You might very well be on to something there.

I don't think theres anyway to tell for sure though. Considering how theres also the possibility of Sonic getting revealed next month, and he's a Brawl veteran.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jigglypuff? Yeah, why not. Would fit in this 'pattern' of 'unexpected early reveal- but **** you' that Sakurai has been going on. Plus, the King of Puff's return is something I wanna see anyway. I think they'd make a trailer for Mewtwo anyway. Just cause he hype. Mewtwo is a perfect E3 / Direct reveal character. I already see it coming. Iwata: 'Also. We have a. Little. Surpraise for you. All. Mewzwo. Is again. A playable charactur. In SUPA SMASH BROTHURS. For Wiyu, and NINTENDO 3DS.'

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
View attachment 2710

Oh. Look who's back. The Shota-Cat Link. Well, that's cool. Guess the pattern really did break. Well played, HyperFalcon.
Meow.

I was honestly hoping for Masked Link(Majora's Mask) or Classic Link, if it makes you feel any better. But yeah, the reveals are pretty much the same as a current game in that franchise, so...

...When's the next Wario and F-Zero game? :awesome:

Other than Jigglypuff, I really got no clue what he'll do for Pokemon. Mewtwo, Lucario, and Charizard all are notable. Sakurai does look at the animated series(from the articles I found, that was the words used), so the new Anime starring Red could mean something for PT's Brawl design. Would be "still notable", if you will.(hell, maybe Sakurai might call him Red this time. XD) Of course, problems with Squirtle and Ivysaur appear slightly. They can't Mega Evolve. :p Only one I'm sure has zero chance is Pichu among the actual known cast.

Do people really think Link is bad because of Toon Link?
...Apparently some do. Honestly, I doubt it. Link wasn't beyond weak in 64, although fairly bad. He was never "good" from the start, anyway. He wasn't terrible in Melee either. Brawl's his only truly atrocious appearance. In 64, he had a really good projectile, one of the best. Melee gave him a powerful Spin Attack that could give some serious wins. Brawl... they nerfed him, Zelda, and Ganondorf to high heavens. None of them were that bad in Melee. Sheik got nerfed too. Toon Link was the only character who wasn't that bad. Fairly good even. I noticed a lot of the new characters were fairly good, while many veterans got the nerf bat. Was there any actual bad newcomers on the latest tier list?

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
No Link is bad cause :

He can't jump for ****!
LOL, there's more than that with him.

Some characters have terrible recoveries but are still good. I.E. Olimar. Well, at least I've seen around here that people blame his recovery for the only reason he is bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom