• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Well look on the bright side. It will give us Ridley fans hope if Ridley is revealed to be a stage hazard.
If he is actually revealed as a stage hazard I would still decide to give up hope at that point.

I think maybe Toad fans could get something from this though. I know I never expected Peach's Special to change even if Toad was playable. Anyway, I'm glad Toon Link is back since my lady liked him. Always felt bad when she asked me what she thought of his chances and I had to say that I not only felt that he would be cut, but he should.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This increases Yellow/Blue toad's chances.
Eh, the difference is Toad doesn't really have too much specific uniqueness to him to have a reason to be added other than he's a Mario character, he's been around forever, and he's well known.

I mean, Tim Tebow may be the most popular quarterback in the world, but you don't see him signed to a NFL team as a quarterback=??? No. He simply doesn't have the necessary skills to make it, which is the same sort of predicament that characters like Toad, Waluigi, and Daisy are doomed to be in.

This is especially true with totally Nintendo owned unique characters (in terms of how they could play with things no other viable potential newcomers could do) such as K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Miis, Little Mac, Takamaru, Shulk, Sukapon, Starman (Pro Wrestling) (click here for awesomeness), the Mach Rider, Cranky Kong, Plusle and Minun, Dixie Kong, Hector (Fire Emblem), etc aren't playable in Smash Bros (yet).

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can we just keep the Wind Waker series going forever? Toon Link reps this series. Then we get Toon Ganondorf, we get Tetra, we get twice the Zelda.

Twice. The. ****ing. Zelda.

I am of the opinion that a character with potential from another Nintendo series says nothing of what the chances of a character with (seemingly less potential) from another series getting in is.

Especially when characters like Toad, Waluigi, Daisy, Bowser Jr, and even I suppose Geno are from Mario which is pretty much THE Nintendo franchise.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Welp, Toon Link breaks the mold for what we thought was 1 character per month (not a problem though). Great to see him again. I wonder if Toon Link, playing on the 3DS Spirit Train stage, replaces the conductor Toon Link in the background?

Extra points for Toon Link being in my top 3 Brawl mains.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm truly overjoyed by this reveal!!! My fave Linkie is back in full force!!! (And dude, he looks very polished.)

If this truly could give us some hope on other "deconfirmed" characters, holla~!

And also I'm gonna have fun with potential time paradoxes in the Spirit Tracks-stage.

I'm though afraid they keep him the same exact way as in Brawl. Must he have been that easy to implement?

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I would prefer he got a few new moves and touches myself, but I'm still just glad to have the little scamp back. I just did not like playing Link or even Young Link in Melee. So he gives me a Link that is actually the way I want to play. Plus you know Wind Waker being my favorite Zelda? Bonus pointtsss.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
And also I'm gonna have fun with potential time paradoxes in the Spirit Tracks-stage.
I'm starting to think Smash will pull a Marvel vs. Capcom 3: In that game, Tron Bonne appeared in the background in a stage. But if someone plays as Tron on that stage, the background Tron disappears.

So if that the case, the train will have no conductor and thus everyone will crash and die. :troll:

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TOON LINK TOON LINK TOON LINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Eh, the difference is Toad doesn't really have too much specific uniqueness to him
Well, I'm not commenting on that. I don't usually go on these types of things and the things I usually argue for on are pretty much quoted here.
to have a reason to be added other than he's a Mario character, he's been around forever, and he's well known.
So yep, leaving this alone and I'd rather wait instead of shooting my chance gun.

Kind of off-topic but I thought of this during school : It's traumatizing how I thought Ridley was a shoe-in obvious candidate but right now (And everyone knows this), he's in an iffy position because of Sakurai's constant trolling and 1337 quoting skills.

Yeah, Ridley didn't appear as a stage hazard but goddammit, it's actually a somewhat likely possibility and even the most hardcore and supportive Ridley supporter sort of acknowledges that. I never knew Ridley would actually end up having some room for doubts. Well, looks like I learned something : Don't be 100% sure ever. Lol. Sure, people will go of saying that Sakurai wouldn't do such a thing but you don't know that. Some people tend to be unpredictable.

At the same time, I still wonder how Ridley fans are still betting on Ridley getting in. Don't they have some doubt or they're just deliberately ignoring this or they see this as a good thing which honestly even if Ridley wasn't shown as a stage hazard, this is by far NOT A GOOD THING AT ALL.

Usually, I don't constantly banter about Ridley being in an iffy situation but maybe it's because I'm festering too much. Lol. Hopefully, someone can relate with me. I'm not degrading Ridley. I'm just stunned, shunned, mesmerized.

Rant--ish over.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the other hand, does his d-air still dive downwards (Oh gawd lol)?? No new move changes? Well, I guess I'm fine with that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
See, now I'm trying to figure out potential monthly reveals, given that the silly once-a-month pattern is unpatterned. Word.

October - X/Y = PT (Likely), Luke, or Mewtwo (He wouldn't reveal Jiggs on that hype-filled day.) Is there another release in October or Anniversary I'm forgetting?

November - LBtW = Zelda (Maybe Sheik too)
F-Zero anniversary = Captain Falcon? (WHEN ELSE?)
Punch-Out a anniversary (Japan) = Little Mac? Please? Don't make me beg, Sakurai!

December - Tropical Freeze = Diddy. No question.
Yoshi - New Island (Isnt this December?) = Yoshi, duh.
Kid Icarus anniversary (Japan) = Palutena? Please again?

January - Wario Land anniversary = Wario

When does Mario 3D World come out? I predict a new Mario character then. I know we haven't got a new reveal yet, but it'll get here soon!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
**** YEAH TOON LINK! YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!

AREN'T YOU JUST ****ING GLORIOUS, TOON LINK?

YES!

Go suck on something you ugly ******* child! TOON LINK IS BACK! YES!

Wind Waker HD graphics would be cool :(

Well, we can't have everything. I hope he becomes a lame camper character so I can main him. Hurdurhurdur.

****ING. UGH. GLITCHY. POSTING.

****ING RIDLEY, I CHOOSE YOU!

USE ENLARGE

*Ridley uses enlarge and destroys laptop screen. It's super effective*

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Big day for the haters and spreaders of 'TP Link = TP everything' naysaying sons of *******.

TOON LINK, GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK!

Hope4Impa+2 :D

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Lost world indeed :p

Well, forgotten is the better word but eh, it'll do.
Yeah, my english takes a fart here and there because I'm Danish, so I sometimes end up phrasing words in a really awkward way. But eh, whatever.

Big day for the haters and spreaders of 'TP Link = TP everything' naysaying sons of *****es.

TOON LINK, GOOD TO SEE YOU BACK!

Hope4Impa+2 :D
Doesn't help a Zelda newcomer much though. The whole point of Toon Link is that he has a unique graphical style. Zelda and Ganondorf are likely still gonna be of TP design, which is what matters, since Toon Link is kind of spin-off-ish. I see it being exactly the same Zelda cast as in Brawl.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
TOON LINK? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

SUCK ON THAT HATERS!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yeah, my english takes a fart here and there because I'm Danish, so I sometimes end up phrasing words in a really awkward way. But eh, whatever.
Same here, being Dutch and all.

Doesn't help a Zelda newcomer much though. The whole point of Toon Link is that he has a unique graphical style. Zelda and Ganondorf are likely still gonna be of TP design, which is what matters, since Toon Link is kind of spin-off-ish. I see it being exactly the same Zelda cast as in Brawl.

Toon Link got shown before Zelda. Think there'll be changes in Zelda's moveset because of that.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'm a bit of the conformist type when it comes to this sooooooo if you want it deleted then sure.
You had more than one awesome reply to it. :awesome:

I'd keep it cause it's funny. But eh.

If it does get deleted, I'd like my reply to it to be deleted too for out of respect.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Toon Link got shown before Zelda. Think there'll be changes in Zelda's moveset because of that.
Meh, seems more like the situation is that Wind Waker HD got released before A Link Between Worlds, so they decided to show Toon Link first for commercial's sake. I don't think they care much about which order they show characters from the same franchise in. Even then Sheik was shown at a much later date than Zelda was on the Brawl Dojo, so the answer whether Sheik is in or not will likely only come at a later date than Zelda's initial reveal.

So.... U gaiz wanna talk about Sonc06? I mean, I heard the game got 100% ratings from all gaming review sites and Silver is the best character in the universe of fictional history over any comic character, anime character, movie character, cartoon character or game character. EVER. I shall use these facts to support my claim that Silver is awesom

& shud get in smash4. That fagget princess elis should be the final boss since everyone hates her.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
just wake up this morning and I looked at the pic and I wasen't expecting anything

then TOON LINK CONFIRMED YAY!!!!!

AND THEY FIXED HIS BRAWL DESIGN YAY!!!!

(imo, the brawl design fit the artstyle but not the character himself)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm starting to think Smash will pull a Marvel vs. Capcom 3: In that game, Tron Bonne appeared in the background in a stage. But if someone plays as Tron on that stage, the background Tron disappears.

So if that the case, the train will have no conductor and thus everyone will crash and die. :troll:
Probably have Alfonzo as the conductor.

The cel shaded Zeldas are just as big of a part as the "realistic" Zelda games. Am I the only one hoping Zelda will be blond again, especially if it's waifu Zelda from Skyward Sword?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom