• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
i had my reservations... ike, rob, toon link, etc now i expect everyone to return.
however, i still hold on the guests thing, i'm sure you think they will be coming back?
Personally I always did, and still do, think both Sonic and Snake will return. Then again I didn't have any cuts on my roster at all. Embarrass

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You guys have no idea how happy I am right now. :love:
I'm the biggest Toon Link fanboy ever.

Don't even talk to me bro. I ran the Toon Link support around these parts back in '07, and I ran it at GameFAQs, IGN, and Game Spot for a while.

I wrote all the primary arguments for his inclusion in Brawl.

FINALLLLLYYYY!!!!

TOON LINK HAS COME BACK

TO SMMASH BROOOOOOOOOTTTHHHHAAAAAASSSSSSS!!!!!

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
Toon Link looks kinda...creepy too me. He looks a lot more realistic, but he still has the same abnormal proportions. It's getting into uncanny valley territory for me.
do you even know what the uncanny valley is?

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
So next month we can expect either PT, Lucario, Jigglypuff or Mewtwo. Personally leaning towards the latter considering how much they're pushing him.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So it's true, that whole Conductor Link thing meant nothing towards his inclusion.

Looks like we may be getting a reveal for every game release date in Japan, doesn't have to be just one reveal. At least, for a while.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Toon Link looks kinda...creepy too me. He looks a lot more realistic, but he still has the same abnormal proportions. It's getting into uncanny valley territory for me.

Wouldn't go that far but the does look more at home in the 3DS version.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really hope even without a tie-in promotion Sakurai decides to reveal the vast majority of veterans, both starter and hidden, before the game releases.

I'm the biggest Toon Link fanboy ever.

Don't even talk to me bro. I ran the Toon Link support around these parts back in '07, and I ran it at GameFAQs, IGN, and Game Spot for a while.
Johnknight: Making being a fan of Toon Link a competition since 2007. :rolleyes:

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I really hope even without a tie-in promotion Sakurai decides to reveal the vast majority of veterans, both starter and hidden, before the game releases.

Johnknight: Making being a fan of Toon Link a competition since 2007. :rolleyes:

Agreed. Although Peach was a bit of a wildcard, tying in not with a release, but an anniversary.

BUT YES! Toon Link's still in the game! Take that character cutters! Your number one chopshop boy's still here!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Does anyone else think Toon Link is the most visually complete character we've seen=???

They probably literally imported his texture(s) from the Wind Waker HD, and boy oh boy does all that fancy pantsy 1080p HD Wii U power show!!! HE LOOKS AMAZING!!!

Also, it looks like he'll have new moves.

[collapse="Just look at this new unique pose, possibly inferring that he will have new offensive moves based off the Wind Waker [HD]"]
[/collapse]
So next month we can expect either PT, Lucario, Jigglypuff or Mewtwo. Personally leaning towards the latter considering how much they're pushing him.
I dunno, I think the Trainer would be a bigger deal, and possibly more fitting.

Plus, it is 3 characters instead of 1... which makes me go back to thinking it's Jigglypuff actually! :embarrass:

Still, a Mewtwo reveal would just break the walls down here.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So it's true, that whole Conductor Link thing meant nothing towards his inclusion.

Looks like we may be getting a reveal for every game release date in Japan, doesn't have to be just one reveal. At least, for a while.

It could also mean that the Nintendogs stage doesn't mean we won't get a playable Nintendog. Just means it can't be a beagle. Which are one of my favourites.... Rats.

Kamikazek

Smash Lord
do you even know what the uncanny valley is?
When something gets very close to looking human but there's something that's just slightly off about it that makes it horribly unsettling, even more so than if it failed to look like a human at all. Like a really well made CG person or android. It's not entirely appropriate to the situation but the vibe I get from looking at Toon Link is the same I get from looking at something that's unmistakably within the uncanny valley.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I....I can't believe he's back.

I'm so ****ing happy. I was sure he was a goner.

I much prefer him to many many other Links. Oh asfhoasafiossdfas,fasokfasofasfas.

Has someone checked FalKoopa's vital signs by chance?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Actually it dates back to 2003.

I've expressed that opinion on the internet since 2003 as well.

The first time I played the Wind Waker (the Zelda game that made me a die hard Zelda fan) I was like "this would be the best smash bros character ever."

Boy was I right.

Just Toon Link's sheer awesomeness is undeniable, even in the much maligned game that Brawl is.

Now hopefully in one or both of these games have more offense to display how totally aggressive and awesome Toon Link's offense can be, and really showcase what a offensive juggernaut this little crazy Hero of the Winds can be and truly is. LET'S TOON THIS THING!!! :shades:

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
So either toon link is a starter, or he is more willing to show unlockables...

Makes me hope that jigglypuff is revealed soon.

I prefer knowing for sure if jigglypuff is alright than mewtwo...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Personally if I could choose from a veteran to reveal soon (one of the original 12, that is) I'd choose Yoshi.
Chances are he'll be in January. That's when New Island comes out I believe.
It'll be weird that so many characters will be revealed before him by that time though.

And if I could choose any of the original 12 to reveal, no question it'd be Captain Falcon. The good Captain in glorious HD? YUS.
But he'll probably still be a wait. At least this time we might get him before release (same with Ness and Jiggs).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Don't worry, we'll find out about him just as soon as Nintendo has a new F-Zero to promote. :troll:
Actually, every new reveal coincides with a release of a game from the same series. So...

This may actually be the case. However, any release, including Virtual Console, works.

In addition, that "once per month per reveal" thing is thankfully jossed.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
So I think this will shut up a lot of people when they say ''Character X can't be playable. That character is on a stage/in a moveset."

Praise the lord.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Time to go retro, and go back to the days of Johnknight1 having a Toon Link avatar!!!

Hopefully no one steals this avatar from me and uses it as well!!!
Personally if I could choose from a veteran to reveal soon (one of the original 12, that is) I'd choose Yoshi.
I'd rather see Ness just to shut the haters up like what=???

A second time=??? A third time=???

I mean, as dumb as people are, I've never heard anyone say (as far as I can remember) that Yoshi will be cut (sans sarcasm, trolling, and jokes obviously).

Still, it would be rather GLORIOUS to see Captain Falcon in full 1080p HD... although I would rather wait until his model and effects are all but complete.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Actually, every new reveal coincides with a release of a game from the same series. So...

This may actually be the case. However, any release, including Virtual Console, works.

In addition, that "once per month per reveal" thing is thankfully jossed.
Well chances are they'd have to go for an anniversary date or VC release for Falcon, considering... he's not going to be getting a new game any time soon.

Actually it dates back to 2003.

I've expressed that opinion on the internet since 2003 as well.
Well clearly you weren't winning until 2007 then. :p:rolleyes:

But I dunno man, now you've got some serious competition from the FALKOOPA. :troll:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
**** yeah! Toon Link confirmed!!

I knew that the conductor Link on the Spirit Tracks wouldn't disconfirm Toon Link!

So far, all characters barring Peach matched release dates of games in Japan. Interesting... With Luigi and Toon Link already confirmed, I guess anything is possible regarding secret characters.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well clearly you weren't winning until 2007 then. :p:rolleyes:
No one there was smart enough to know that smart people existed on all those sites, so how could an intelligent non-competitive smashing lad like myself (back then) find this place=???

To quote an old meme, "I'm 12 years old, and what is this=???" (actually in 2003 I got the Wind Waker as an early 12th birthday present)
But I dunno man, now you've got some serious competition from the FALKOOPA. :troll:
To quote Solid Snake in Brawl, "not even close."

Also, I used to have this epic signature picture that read "Toon Link is so awesome he is second to only Snake in terms of raw stealth" (or something like that).
But he'll probably still be a wait. At least this time we might get him before release (same with Ness and Jiggs).
I think the days of hidden characters not being showcased pre-release for Smash Brothers are over.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Falkoopa is probably still swooning over how stunning Toon Link looks now. I mean who can blame him!? :love:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So I think this will shut up a lot of people when they say ''Character X can't be playable. That character is on a stage/in a moveset."

Praise the lord.
Yep. That's one of the reasons I'm happy with this reveal.

My words for those who stated that Toon Link wouldn't be playable because conductor Link was in a stage: IN YOUR FACE, *******! :evil::laugh::demon:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
TOON LINK CONFIRMED!!!!

YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

wlEGHUSFEHB.KSDFH;IUDFHLIAEHIGEYRYH

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That doesn't mean it won't still be a wait for some veterans, it's not like the game comes out this year.
That also doesn't mean either game will come out next year either (hint: it probably won't... again... for the 2nd and 3rd smash game in a row, or for you Europeans and Australians, the 4th time in a row).

And eh, I just think most of the veterans will be revealed early to setup a few late-ish newcomer reveals.

I mean, by E3 next year, we'll probably have somewhere around 20-25 veterans confirmed (currently we have 13), which still is roughly half the expected roster.

I mean, if by then say we have 23-30 confirmed characters, we've still got a lot of characters to reveal. Seeing as how I see these 2 forthcoming games coming out in as late as around June 2015, that would mean we'd have up to 12 months. Even if the roster had only 45 characters, it would still be roughly a character per month being revealed.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Avatar change! Toon Link is just too awesome.

By the way, Zelda: Wind Waker was my first Zelda game. It included Ocarina of Time + Master Quest too. Now, we have Toon Link and a Gerudo Valley stage on this Smash Bros. game. Toon Link just brought my hype for this game at long last!

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
This still leaves one question. WILL WE GET TOON GANONDORF?!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This still leaves one question. WILL WE GET TOON GANONDORF?!
Make him dual-wield Doublade as a costume bonus. Yessssssssss... :awesome:

I wish they revealed Toon Ganondorf instead, no lie.

Still, I'm glad that the "stage demolishes a character's chances" is gone. Now we just need Toad. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom