• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings

I open up my heart, and stick my fingers in, but you will never want what I have to give.

;_________;

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
If we trace Sonic's third-party roots all the way back to just after the Dreamcast, we released Sonic Adventure 2: Battle on the GameCube and it did phenomenally well. We think that's because there was a lot of overlap between the Sonic/Sega and Nintendo crowd at that time, and we just found historically that Sonic performs really, really well on Nintendo platforms. Sonic Colors did great, Sonic and the Black Knight did well and Sonic and Secret Rings did well — all Nintendo. When we look at the numbers, we thought — this is clearly where our audience is.1
Explains why Nintendo is getting three exclusive Sonic titles. Mario and Sonic at the Sochi 2014 Olympic Games, Sonic Lost World, and the rumored Sonic Adventure 3.
"The Lost World might just be our best Sonic game yet," he continued, "it is one of the games that can help them. I saw Nintendo's briefing at E3 and it has a very strong line-up of games for Wii U. I think it's helping people think that things might change."

Post argued that Sonic was a "good fit" for Nintendo platforms, despite the rivalry between the two firms in the early 90s.

"Historically, Sonic games have always sold very well on Nintendo platforms, so it's a good fit," adds Post. "And Nintendo and SEGA have always worked together in a positive way – the first game Sonic debuted on after we stopped making hardware was a Nintendo platform."2
As if Sonic the Hedgehog needed any more reasons why he deserves to return in the next game.
NWR: One more question here. Sonic was very popular in Smash Bros. for Wii. Is there any possibility of him making a return appearance in the next Smash Bros.?

TI: All we can say is that we also think it would be awesome if he was in the next Smash Bros. So yea, but that's more of a question for Nintendo than us.3
Am I saying anything? Not really. Nope.
________

1. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...form_really_really_well_on_nintendo_platforms
2. http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...form_really_really_well_on_nintendo_platforms
3. http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/interview/34730

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well, there's no question that Sonic will come back if asked, then.

If asked, but I doubt Sakurai wouldn't want to. Sonic is still popular to this day, helped Brawl sales(seriously, there was a lot of fangasms), and we know Third Parties are back.

Doesn't mean much for Snake, but I'd say it's up to Sakurai now.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Speaking of Sanke. If he's in how would you guys feel if he being voiced but a Keifer Sutherland instead of David Hayter?

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Well, there's no question that Sonic will come back if asked, then.

If asked, but I doubt Sakurai wouldn't want to. Sonic is still popular to this day, helped Brawl sales(seriously, there was a lot of fangasms), and we know Third Parties are back.

Doesn't mean much for Snake, but I'd say it's up to Sakurai now.
"Kotaku: I know Mega Man is a character that has been requested for a very long time - is there something different about this game that will make it okay to bring in Mega Man? Have you tried to include Mega Man before?

Sakurai: No, actually, there was never any consideration to having him in previous games, and if you think about it, there hasn't been really a precedent for third-party characters joining other than very special cases like Sonic, during the last game. It's something that wasn't even possible. We're now going into versions four and five within the series—this is only something that's now possible."
http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/06/an-in-depth-chat-with-the-genius-behind-super-smash-bros/

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
IF Sonic is asked. I mean, he's got a good chance, but, Three third parties? Will it happen?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
He also said we could get up to two more Third Party characters in Brawl beforehand.

Which conflicts with this statement. He could've gotten a third one. We know he never approached Capcom. You did miss my point regardless.

Third Parties are back, so Sonic coming back is entirely believable. Snake is up in the air due to lack of any statements about his For status. At all. In addition, that confirms that Sakurai also doesn't seem 4/5 having third parties as some weird issue, that it's entirely possible(and already shown, mind you). Although it would be hilarious if Nintendo bought Capcom, meaning that MegaMan wouldn't be a third party character anymore, just second or first party(depending if Capcom would still make games for other systems if Nintendo owned them. Bungie wasn't pure Microsoft systems only, so...)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
IF Sonic is asked. I mean, he's got a good chance, but, Three third parties? Will it happen?
Sakurai: Got this hedgehog in the last game. Want him in the next one too?
Iizuka: Sure bro. Gotta give some new beats and a new home.
Sakurai: K.
He also said we could get up to two more Third Party characters in Brawl beforehand.

Which conflicts with this statement. He could've gotten a third one. We know he never approached Capcom. You did miss my point regardless.

Third Parties are back, so Sonic coming back is entirely believable. Snake is up in the air due to any statements about his For status. At all. In addition, that confirms that Sakurai also doesn't seem 4/5 having third parties as some weird issue, that it's entirely possible(and already shown, mind you). Although it would be hilarious if Nintendo bought Capcom, meaning that MegaMan wouldn't be a third party character anymore, just second or first party(depending if Capcom would still make games for other systems if Nintendo owned them. Bungie wasn't pure Microsoft systems only, so...)
Step back and really think about that bolded sentence. Pretty sure it's not what you think.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Sakurai: Got this hedgehog in the last game. Want him in the next one too?
Iizuka: Sure bro. Just gotta have some new beats and a new home.
Sakurai: K.

I realize it can happen (and we both know it's not THAT easy to just add him in) I just am.. cautious. We have have Megaman and Paccy as well.

Snake out dough.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I realize it can happen (and we both know it's not THAT easy to just add him in) I just am.. cautious. We have have Megaman and Paccy as well.

Snake out dough.
Only reason Sonic leaves is if Sakurai decides to remove him alongside Solid Snake in an attempt to be "fair"(you'd think that would be too crazy to be true). Clearly it won't be because Sega -- more specifically Takashi Iizuka, senior director and producer of the Sonic Team -- doesn't want him, nor dwindling fan support.

You're right about Solid Snake. The fact he mentions Sonic the Hedgehog almost exclusively every time he is on the topic of third party characters is probably more Freudian than not.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm certain about Pac-Man being included

and I have some doubts about Sonic.

Boom.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Step back and really think about that bolded sentence. Pretty sure it's not what you think.
If there was a bolded in the message you just replied to me with, it sure wasn't there. Failed markup? *shrugs*

In addition, yes, if Nintendo owns Capcom, MegaMan ceases to be a third party. Which would make a difference, and Capcom is doing poorly, so them being bought out is hardly unbelievable right now.

Of course, it doesn't mean we'd suddenly get more Third Party characters than originally planned, but it does mean MegaMan wouldn't be consider one anymore. Let's say there's 4 planned; If Capcom becomes part of Nintendo officially, meaning no longer Third Party, it does not mean we'd have 4 new Third Party characters.(just making sure what I said is fully gotten)

My point stands. Bungie did nearly make a Halo game on the GBA and DS(these are confirmed already. They didn't finish obviously). I don't remember them always being owned by Microsoft, just they eventually did. Even if that was an incorrect example, my point stands if Capcom is bought by Nintendo. Their characters cease to be Third Party(if Nintendo owns them too, obviously. It depends how they get sold off)

I'm still not certain of Pac-man's inclusion.

And I have doubts on Sonic getting cut.

Same. Pac-Man is no shoe-in whatsoever. He's unmentioned. Sonic is mentioned often enough and we know fans love to play as him in Brawl. Was Pac-Man's appearance in SFxT even taken well? Because if he was unpopular among fans as a fighter, Sakurai may pay attention to that. Key term being may. Pac-Man being an icon alone won't get him in. Sakurai did say that for third parties, he's giving Namco-Bandai no special attention. Sonic's chances do some honestly high, not a shoe-in, but it wouldn't be surprising at all if he came back.

D

Deleted member

Not sure what you're implying with Snake here. But if it is in regards to Snake being cut, then yeah, I'd say he's likely gone.
I think it is dependent on exactly that, if Sakurai asks to use Sonic again. You bet that Sega will want Sonic back.
Well, I'm off to bed. I'll just leave this here...
View attachment 2700
I've been dying to see a good Mega Man in Smash Bros. fan art (especially with him not appearing in daily pics recently), so this will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom