• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Relligious debate over which Pokémon..?

And John, just what the hell is secret penis? :laugh:
Duoblade. It is a new form of Honedge. People are associated its eyes or the shape around its eyes as the number 666. Which is a common "sign" of Satan or whatever. So it is sparking religious debates because people think Pokemon developers are purposely promoting Satan with the use of an arbitrary number. It is the same as the Jynx controversy. Someone interprets something falsely, and everyone joins in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Duoblade. It is a new form of Honedge. People are associated its eyes or the shape around its eyes as the number 666. Which is a common "sign" of Satan or whatever. So it is sparking religious debates because people think Pokemon developers are purposely promoting Satan with the use of an arbitrary number. It is the same as the Jynx controversy. Someone interprets something falsely, and everyone joins in.

Dude, Alakazam.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
And John, just what the hell is secret penis? :laugh:
Whenever you see my signature in a post, click the right "Click here" and be amazed.

Heck, I'd also suggest you hit the first one too.

Trust me, you'll know it when you see it, and your life will be better for it! ;)
I'm a little confused on the point of that, when I have an HD moniter and gamepads.

Plus Steam on my PC has more games accessible than that will, at least at launch
The point is to put PC games on the big screen HDTV with parts you can removed and improve easily and readily.

It's not a heck of a lot different than the way the Big Three make home consoles, minus the exclusives (although we all know several games play better on the PC).

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I remember a similar case with Kadabra allegedly having Nazi and demonic symbols in his designs.

And lol, Diddy, cannot unsee that. Apparently, Pokémon is the DEHVUL!!! :demon::evil::troll::laugh::smirk:

And now, for some laughs:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I knew about Alakaam for a while though. When I was younger, my best friend who's Muslim told me about it. Years later, I realised it myself. Didn't grew up relligious, but took interesst in it later.

Not sure what to think of the Satanic symbolism though.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
I remember a similar case with Kadabra allegedly having Nazi and demonic symbols in his designs.

And lol, Diddy, cannot unsee that. Apparently, Pokémon is the DEHVUL!!! :demon::evil::troll::laugh::smirk:

And now, for some laughs:
lol, religion. such bull****.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I KNOW! HOW ABOUT WE TALK ABOUT FIRE EMBLEM!?!?!?!? :awesome:

Though I actually do have a question for hardcore Fire Emblem fans. As some of you may know, Marth was in the first ever Fire Emblem game in 1990, so if by pure magic we had gotten Fire Emblem in the states he could have MAYBE been popular enough for Smash 64.

My question is, if Smash 64 had gotten by even MORE magic 2 Fire Emblem characters (like the tradition we seem to have in Melee and Brawl) who could the second have been?

Keep in mind the last Fire Emblem game that could have considered being near the N64 era was produced in 1999.

And.... GO!

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
lol, religion. such bull****.
Proud to be "anti-semitic" and "islamophobic". Also "anti-Christain" in some ways.

Though I actually do have a question for hardcore Fire Emblem fans. As some of you may know, Marth was in the first ever Fire Emblem game in 1990, so if by pure magic we had gotten Fire Emblem in the states he could have MAYBE been popular enough for Smash 64.

My question is, if Smash 64 had gotten by even MORE magic 2 Fire Emblem characters (like the tradition we seem to have in Melee and Brawl) who could the second have been?

Keep in mind the last Fire Emblem game that could have considered being near the N64 era was produced in 1999.

And.... GO!
I guess it would be like Brawl, with one fighter (Sigurd?) replaced with a more recent character for Melee.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The word anti-Christian is ironic considering the word "Christian" was originally a derogatory term

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't think it's wise to be prejudiged to large groups of people, but you're all entitled to your own opinion of coarse. Each and every person is different on this planet, and just as easily as you can say 'damn Muslims' others can easily say 'damn white people'. In short: it isn't exactly gonna do much for worldwide unity and brotherhood.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Probably Seliph, considering he's the Lord that gets the most focus in the 4th Fire Emblem game. Back then he would of suffered from redundancy problems just like Chrom and Lucina today. But with the divergent character evolution provided by Fire Emblem: Awakening, that wouldn't be as much of a problem these days.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

And.... GO!
I have been playing Fire Emblem: Awakening lately. Game's too awesome for me to stop playing. I have played Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn too.
I wonder what is Nintendo waiting for to start releasing GBA games on the Virtual Console? I would definitely replay some GBA games that marked my childhood and play some titles I missed back then, including Zelda: Minish Cap and the Fire Emblem games.

If the first Fire Emblem had been released outside of Japan and had success, it would be possible that Marth could have been a playable character in SSB64.
If Smash 64 had two FE characters, they would probably be Marth and either Sigurd, Leif or Seliph. One from the Akaneia series and another from the Judgral series.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If we got two FE characters in SSB64? Marth and Seliph. IS clearly considers Seliph the "main" Lord of FE4. also, Leif might have been problematic because his game hadn't been released yet....though that didn't stop Roy. Hm.

Though honestly I think we would've just gotten Marth.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't think it's wise to be prejudiged to large groups of people, but you're all entitled to your own opinion of coarse. Each and every person is different on this planet, and just as easily as you can say 'damn Muslims' others can easily say 'damn white people'. In short: it isn't exactly gonna do much for worldwide unity and brotherhood.
I still pre-judge monkeys though. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
N64 Fire Emblem character..? Damn, that's hard. Could be Marth, Celice (**** the name Seliph) or Leaf.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I doubt we'd get a 2nd Fire Emblem character in N64 Smash though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Just Leaf. Probably with Japanese accent to, if you want to perfect it.

So Ree-vu could be most accurate I think.

But I just say Leaf, cause I'm rebel like that :cool:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
It is Leif yes.

I know it was unlikely, it's just a cool new way to look at the series.

Fun fact: only 4 characters in Brawl were in games that could NOT have been represented in Smash 64 as they didn't exist yet: Olimar, Lucas, Lucario, and Ike.

Nintendo uses a LOT of old characters over and over huh?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I doubt we'd get a 2nd Fire Emblem character in N64 Smash though.
Eh, I'm just saying if we got a second Fire Emblem character, it would be Leaf, Leif, or whatever most likely.

Obviously Marth has been and always will be #1 (and now Ike is probably the permanent #2).

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Amen, brother.

Dear everyone: I self-identify as Catholic Praxeologist, come at me bros.

But for srslynss.
Don't you hate it when you reply to someone and they never see your post because they turn off alerts? (coughSaturnGamer64cough)
I'm absolutely loving Luigi's flutter jump.
Hmm, I hope someone's footstool in this game does a tiny bit of damage. Wouldn't that be neat?
SHH, WERE NOT SUPPOSED TO TALK ABOUT THAT. *Intense whispering.*

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If Luigi's jump is even better,maybe his recovery changed,or he can't use the DownB anymore but that's too optimist to jump to the conclusion of the poltergust.
I too hope Luigi uses the poltergust in some way, shape or form. The only moves I don't see changing are Luigi's Up Special and Side Special. Sakurai seems to be fond of the Green Missile.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Luigi's up B is fine (it could use a bit more uniqueness and more unique frames; also, I hate all the after-vulnerable frames it has, which made the already crappy Brawl Luigi more crappy), and the side B for Luigi should never change.
The characters used as newcomers in smash bros games have usually either been around over a decade or so.

The only exceptions are newcomers who are relatively new (like they were made last generation of gaming or the current generation of gaming).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Luigi really got weird nerfs in Brawl. Just WHAT was the excuse of nerfing the F Air for example..?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Fun fact: only 4 characters in Brawl were in games that could NOT have been represented in Smash 64 as they didn't exist yet: Olimar, Lucas, Lucario, and Ike.

There is Toon Link as well.

I would like to see some newer series getting a playable character though. (Besides Wii Fit)

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
There is Toon Link as well.

I would like to see some newer series getting a playable character though. (Besides Wii Fit)
Eh... that's splitting hairs... Toon Link is technically Young Link who in turn is Link with a different graphical style. As for Nintendo not adding a lot of new franchises with each Smash Bros, that's kind of expected given how vast their most popular ones are. There's roughly 30 in all with about a fifth of those being franchises that regularly get games so a good number of them are naturally going to be overlooked.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Eh... that's splitting hairs... Toon Link is technically Young Link who in turn is Link with a different graphical style. As for Nintendo not adding a lot of new franchises with each Smash Bros, that's kind of expected given how vast their most popular ones are. There's roughly 30 in all with about a fifth of those being franchises that regularly get games so a good number of them are naturally going to be overlooked.
True, but yeah. He was apparently included as a newcomer in Brawl so I guess he might as well be.... :/

That's understandable, but I think it would still be nice to see some newer franchises getting a playable character and all. But I guess that's just my opinion. ^^;

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Oh, believe me, I want to see more franchises represented too but most of ones not already represented are incredibly obscure to most of the general public and that's probably what has kept the number of new franchise reps down. Along with Animal Crossing and Wii Fit, I'm expecting at least three more new franchises make their Smash debut this time around.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Oh, believe me, I want to see more franchises represented too but most of ones not already represented are incredibly obscure to most of the general public and that's probably what has kept the number of new franchise reps down. Along with Animal Crossing and Wii Fit, I'm expecting at least three more new franchises make their Smash debut this time around.

What a coincidence, me too.

It just saddens me to say that out of the six I believe will be included, Xenoblade isn't one of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom