• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Today's Smash Bros website update gave me something I was wanting to see: Luigi's jump animation. My gut told me Sakurai would change it, and I love the fact that Sakurai is changing -- or better stated keeping with -- the changing nuances of the veterans. A lot of people have complained about the overall loss of texture quality in the character models in the game, but honestly I feel as though it doesn't matter because the characters are vibrant and dynamic. Little changes, little attention to details that go beyond just the X's and O's of pushing the graphical line. In that way, I'm anticipating this game more than Brawl, because I'm as excited to play with each veteran as much as any of the new characters.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Is Peach's butt her "characteristic weapon"?

Picked this up from GameFaqs, thought it may create the funny/interesting discussion it held there.

http://www.nintendo.se/wiiu/spel/ssbu_peach

Google translate:

From the Super Mario series.

As usual use Peach's servant Toad as living shield (like the monarch she is). Her princess is not only beautiful, it serves as a pointed a weapon even when the white silk gloves are not enough! Something much less pointed, and also her characteristic weapon - her bottom - looks like it could be used as effectively as before!

Thoughts?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Fun fact: only 4 characters in Brawl were in games that could NOT have been represented in Smash 64 as they didn't exist yet: Olimar, Lucas, Lucario, and Ike.
Lucas could have existed around Smash 64 had they completed EarthBound 64 instead of canceling it and then redoing it as a GBA title years later.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Lucas could have existed around Smash 64 had they completed EarthBound 64 instead of canceling it and then redoing it as a GBA title years later.

In a sense "Lucas" existed then.

Well WFT, and Villager give me hopes that Sakurai won't be an old fart and pass up on some of the cooler newer characters. He IS sort of running out of older/well known choices. This time around, Smash has about 15 Nintendo faces to reaaaallly choose from imo. I mean, I know we will get characters outside of those 15 (Like WFT) but I woould think the majority of the characters included will be of the more well known/popular choices.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I've heard one person thinks the next stage (if there is one) should include a shield, thus making a coat of arms.

Dat wud be cuul.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Eh, franchises without playable characters getting playable characters=???

Well, the obvious big two are Punch-Out!! (Little Mac), Wii Sports (Miis), and Xenoblades (Shulk).

(however, X could also get this spot, assuming X is a different franchise, or it has a different protagonist).

After that, I think next comes Muramasa Castle (Takamaru) and Golden Sun (Isaac).

Then after that, we got a whole wide open field to choose from of lesser known Nintendo franchises IMO.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
So you sluts scared of 4chan eh? Well I've been polling them completely separately from everywhere else for the past two days. He's their opinions.

Top Tier
· Waluigi 27
· Little Mac (Punch Out) 27
· Ridley 26
· Chrom 26
· King K. Rool 25
· Mewtwo 25
· Majora (Skull Kid) 21

Bottom Tier
· Dixie Kong 18
· Paper Mario 17
· Castlevania 17
· Ashley 16
· Banjo Kazooie 16
· Bayonetta 16
· Shulk (Xenoblade) 15
· No More Hereos 15
· Professor Layton 15
· Groose 14
· Black Shadow 14
· Palutena 14
· Isaac (Golden Sun) 14
· Viewtiful Joe 14
· Captain Rainbow 13
· Takamaru (The Mysterious Musasame Castle) 12
· Ghirahim 11
· Roy 11
· Robin 11
· Bowser Junior 10
· Samurai Goroh 10
· Claus (Masked Man) 10
· Kumatora 10
· Poo 10
· Hades 10
· Ace Attorney 10

Almost Tier
· Krystal 9
· Slippy 9
· Elite Beat Agents 9
· Dillon (Rolling Western) 9
· Bomberman 9

· Chrono Trigger 9

· DK 41

· Samus 41
· Falcon 41
· Wario 40
· Ness 40
· Link 39
· Kirby 39
· Peach 38
· Fox 38
· Mario 37
· Luigi 37
· Bowser 37
· Zelda 37
· Dedede 37
· Ganondorf 36
· Pit 36
· Villager 36
· Sonic 36
· Yoshi 35
· Pikachu 35
· Diddy 34
· Olimar 34
· Marth 33
· Megaman 33
· Meta Knight 31
· Wii Fit Trainer 30
· Game & Watch 30
· Snake 30
· Ice Climbers 29
· Falco 28
· Shiek 27
· Lucas 27
· Jigglypuff 25
· Kanto Trainer 25
· ROB 25
· ZSS 23
· Wolf 20
· Ike 18
· Toon Link 10

· Lucario 4

Orange indicates where the highest newcomer stands.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
As a person who mains Luigi prominently of the entire Mario reps in the game so far. Having his flutter jump confirmed? It gives me joy.

Joy and boners.

Mostly boners.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
So you ****s scared of 4chan eh? Well I've been polling them completely separately from everywhere else for the past two days. He's their opinions.

Top Tier
· Waluigi 27
· Little Mac (Punch Out) 27
· Ridley 26
· Chrom 26
· King K. Rool 25
· Mewtwo 25
· Majora (Skull Kid) 21

Bottom Tier
· Dixie Kong 18
· Paper Mario 17
· Castlevania 17
· Ashley 16
· Banjo Kazooie 16
· Bayonetta 16
· Shulk (Xenoblade) 15
· No More Hereos 15
· Professor Layton 15
· Groose 14
· Black Shadow 14
· Palutena 14
· Isaac (Golden Sun) 14
· Viewtiful Joe 14
· Captain Rainbow 13
· Takamaru (The Mysterious Musasame Castle) 12
· Ghirahim 11
· Roy 11
· Robin 11
· Bowser Junior 10
· Samurai Goroh 10
· Claus (Masked Man) 10
· Kumatora 10
· Poo 10
· Hades 10
· Ace Attorney 10

Almost Tier
· Krystal 9
· Slippy 9
· Elite Beat Agents 9
· Dillon (Rolling Western) 9
· Bomberman 9

· Chrono Trigger 9

· DK 41

· Samus 41
· Falcon 41
· Wario 40
· Ness 40
· Link 39
· Kirby 39
· Peach 38
· Fox 38
· Mario 37
· Luigi 37
· Bowser 37
· Zelda 37
· Dedede 37
· Ganondorf 36
· Pit 36
· Villager 36
· Sonic 36
· Yoshi 35
· Pikachu 35
· Diddy 34
· Olimar 34
· Marth 33
· Megaman 33
· Meta Knight 31
· Wii Fit Trainer 30
· Game & Watch 30
· Snake 30
· Ice Climbers 29
· Falco 28
· Shiek 27
· Lucas 27
· Jigglypuff 25
· Kanto Trainer 25
· ROB 25
· ZSS 23
· Wolf 20
· Ike 18
· Toon Link 10

· Lucario 4

Orange indicates where the highest newcomer stands.
Wait, no Dunsparce?

----

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Most B moves are iconic moves of the character.

But Wario... is Bite really what people think of when they think of Wario. Is it just because he stuffs himself with everything his fat face sees?

What move is iconic for Wario? Shoulder bash?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
So guys, apparently Yoshiaki Koizumi is a producer of Super Mario 3D World. If he actually does something in that game, he could make it amazing.

But Wario... is Bite really what people think of when they think of Wario. Is it just because he stuffs himself with everything his fat face sees?

Shoulder Bash is Wario's most iconic and best move, hence why Wario is so good with that in Project M. :shades:

Also,

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207

Good thing you said "Most". Eruption was pulled out of Sakurai's ass on Ike.
And Ganondorf.

I'd imagine Shoulder Bash to be a Side B. The Bike can be a normal B, I think.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Good thing you said "Most". Eruption was pulled out of Sakurai's *** on Ike.
Probably based upon Roy's Neutral B. Whether or not Ike was meant to take some of Roy's talents is another story. But that's the only similar move in the game.

And Ganondorf.
Exactly what moves are you speaking of? Up A? Keep in mind all his clone moves are just that, clone moves. That's why he was playable in Melee specifically. It helps that him having the Triforce of Power makes every single move thusfar realistic enough for the character to pull off. They aren't taking from his games, though. Or did you mean Flame Choke?(Toon Ganondorf does hold Toon Link by the neck in The Wind Waker at one point in time, so it doesn't seem that out there to me...)

I'd imagine Shoulder Bash to be a Side B. The Bike can be a normal B, I think.
I think this was a Ness-like case. The moves came from the series or could be explained in some way. Wario using a bike like Mona? Not odd... also, didn't Mario Kart Wii come out first? Wario has been on a bike before at least.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
I think Eruption was originally Roy's move. Maybe Marth's.
Nah, Roy's was called Flare Blade, not Eruption. Visually and conceptually they are similar, except Roy's is generally a 1 Hit-K.O.
You were being serious, right? :lol:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Never confirmed, all we know is that Ike was supposed to use a shockwave projectile, but was scrapped due to balance reasons.

Yes, yes, I know.

>Brawl
>Balance
The fact anyone thought a heavy character would be OP is in and of itself is a joke.

In Smash, it has always been the fast characters with lots of combos and strangely more weight, speed, power, and kill moves than they should have.
Nah, Roy's was called Flare Blade, not Eruption. Visually and conceptually they are similar, except Roy's is generally a 1 Hit-K.O.
It doesn't mean it wasn't called Flare Blade for Roy, or that Sakurai didn't make a brand new move.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Weird because I did that like a month or so ago, like before the DDOS attack. Did it mainly out of curiosity, due to the premium status and stuff.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...It functions nearly the same as Flare Blade.

If it wasn't an original move, that's the only move it could've been based upon. Making similar moves isn't odd. Fox and R.O.B.'s Laser, for instance. They're both lasers, but have reasonable differences. Or should I note how similar Fox and Falco's are, the only difference being damage and knockback.

He makes similar moves from time to time. It honestly does feel like Ike is a re-vamped Roy, not that that is the actual case(not that it wouldn't make sense, but we have no idea what went through Sakurai's mind. He hasn't talked about Ike's creation in Brawl, unless I missed something...). He was separated from Marth, suddenly has Fire abilities... of course, it's probably just a coincidence. Or even just a one-move thing and nothing more.

We have no idea how Roy would've been if he made it in. If Toon Link is any indication, he could've still been a clone.(albeit, while I know Toon Link being a clone is because of Sakurai saying it was a "rule" to have him and Link have the same B moves. What I mean is that Sakurai didn't leave clones out. Giga Bowser is another playable one. Alloys are also A-Move clones of the originals. He moved away from clones a bit in Brawl, but at that point in time SSB-wise, clones were normal. We have no idea what For will hold, though. I'm hoping for none beyond the Fighting Team at best)

Aefice

Smash Apprentice
so I saw a review of the mayflash adapter and the reviewer mentioned it has around 1 frame input lag?

does the wii u pro controller have input lag?

thx

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Yes John we get it you're handsome and ****, though I'm not sure if I'd want to be you.
Yeah, it is pretty hard being super smart, super handsome, super nice, being an all-around super guy, and working super hard. :shades:

Oh, and did I mention that I'm super=??? :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom