• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Nah, he also got no fast moves aside from Neutral Air. And Sex Kick and Bomb spamming gets old and lame quickly.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This picture looks like Mario and Toon Link were grossed out by Peach's stinky clouds... must be a yeast infection caused by Toad.

Olimar's beast. I thought all I needed to do was to U-tilt the pikmins but I never realized that moves could stale in damage (I was WAY younger that time).

Whoops, forgot about double posting. No rage this time
This picture looks like Mario and Toon Link were grossed out by Peach's stinky clouds... must be a yeast infection caused by Toad.

Wait... Did Toon Link just interrupt Mario and Peach's ---- Don't tell me.... Toon Link wants Peach? Really?

Nah.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
PIKACHU IS INNOCENT! ONLY LINK AND PEACH ARE GUILTY OF THIS HIDEOUS CRIME OF INFIDELITY!

gamer8

Smash Lord
I hope they at LEAST change his final smash, clone final smashes are just unacceptable. I hope to not see 3 landmasters again. Pretty disappointing reveal, but I'll save my complaints on this for if any unique characters get cut.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
First Peach seduces Link, then Peach and Mario are about to get married only for Toon Link to ruin the wedding.

I blame Fox for messing with Mario and Peach's romance. We never see Fox enough.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
First Peach seduces Link, then Peach and Mario are about to get married only for Toon Link to ruin the wedding.

I blame Fox for messing with Mario and Peach's romance. We never see Fox enough.

Fox is too busy reflecting back fireballs at Ridley on Pyrosphere.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay, not to be the negative nancy in light of all the hype...

But I'm actually really disappointed by the reveal. He looks like they haven't changed a thing and he's just going to be a lame clone again.

Toon Link has such potential for cool character ideas, it's so sad they waste him on just being a smaller faster clone to Link :/

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Okay, not to be the negative nancy in light of all the hype...

But I'm actually really disappointed by the reveal. He looks like they haven't changed a thing and he's just going to be a lame clone again.

Toon Link has such potential for cool character ideas, it's so sad they waste him on just being a smaller faster clone to Link :/
His entire moveset has not been shown other than the horizontal slash and bomb attack until then leave it to sakurai and let him do his thing itll be fine as long as lucario , meta , pokemon trainer and ike stay out of this game then i'm for sure sakurai is gonna make us even more jaw dropping what he has store for us remember there has been no release date only announce for 2014 and see how brawls roster was and him saying hes going back towards melees build only means good things for this game until then relax

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
His entire moveset has not been shown other than the horizontal slash and bomb attack until then leave it to sakurai and let him do his thing itll be fine as long as lucario , meta , pokemon trainer and ike stay out of this game then i'm for sure sakurai is gonna make us even more jaw dropping what he has store for us remember there has been no release date only announce for 2014 and see how brawls roster was and him saying hes going back towards melees build only means good things for this game until then relax

They showed us his bow and his bombs, he'll more then likely have the trademark spinning attack, unless something crazy happens to replace the boomerang I expect nothing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
They showed us his bow and his bombs, he'll more then likely have the trademark spinning attack, unless something crazy happens to replace the boomerang I expect nothing.
They showed the Spin Attack too. It's one of the images.

So... outside of Side B and their Final Smashes, they share the same special moves, although probably different properties again. I hope he uses the Fire Arrows...

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
Well its just pics yes he has same items obviously since he is link character from a different zelda game but still dosen't change the fact that they did change him

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

So... outside of Side B and their Final Smashes, they share the same moves, although probably different properties again. I hope he uses the Fire Arrows...
I do like how they changed the trail to match Wind Waker's Spin Attack style, though I was really hoping for a Deku Leaf recovery.

Maybe his arrows will be elemental. HOPEFULLY.

It'd also be nice if he was given Link's old rapid jab, considering how normal Link doesn't seem to have it.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

So... outside of Side B and their Final Smashes, they share the same special moves, although probably different properties again. I hope he uses the Fire Arrows...
This is why I wasn't very excited really... We're getting the exact same thing we already got before... Such a waste of potential.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Man, Smashers suffer from Tales Of The Abyss syndrome. They look similar, function differently, but you still hate them.

IBLIS STOP DON'T GIVE ME IDEAS

Are you now implying Tink is *spoiler spoiler*AAAAHHHHHHH-----

But yeah. Sometimes I believe that Tink is the actual traditional Link due his moveset and the Link we see in each game are somewhat more "Flavour of The Month"-Links. You can try newest and still stick to the much better-made formula.

The Original Robot boy

Smash Champion
NNID
AzureXeire
3DS FC
0173-2317-7445
I do like how they changed the trail to match Wind Waker's Spin Attack style, though I was really hoping for a Deku Leaf recovery.

It'd also be nice if he was given Link's old rapid jab, considering how normal Link doesn't seem to have it.
Its not the final character design for TL
Man, Smashers suffer from Tales Of The Abyss syndrome. They look similar, function differently, but you still hate them.
Pffhaha nice i like how you put that yeah i believe he is going to be different regardless what people say

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

I hope Toon Link can use Fire Arrows AND Ice Arrows... I really want Sakurai to make Toon Link more different from Link in SSB4, not keep him the same like in Brawl. And I wish Sakurai would give him a new Final Smash based on Four Swords instead of copying Link.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Insert jokes about thrusting here. :troll:

And yeah. The new graphics and effects are awesome~

Although the fact the Spin Attack is shown in the air throws out my hopes for that(Deku Leaf) as a recovery. I guess Sakurai prefers his "rule" of Child Link having the same specials over uniqueness. I find that pretty contradictory towards his reasons for not adding some characters from fighting games(simply because they're too similar to current characters. Ryu is an example of this. This could be the same reason that MegaMan is extremely different from his MVC incarnations...). He deconfirms putting in certain kinds of clones... but brings back a clone and keeps him one. My hopes for a better Ganondorf suddenly just dropped. D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom