• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
HERE WE GO
LET'S DO THIS
View attachment 2634
BESTOW ALL YOUR RAGE ON ME
MY BODY IS READY

EDIT: Wow so the thread goes dead when I post my dream roster. Ichowitis. ... Or maybe... OR MAYBE...
MY ROSTER KILLED YOU GUYS
OMG WHAT HAVE I DONE I'M A TERRIBLE PERSON
Oh hey, my mains Lucas and Roy are there... so it ain't half bad. Jk, jk. ;)

I don't care about the lack of Jiggs as it seems I ditched her after 64

I mean, I'm not that faithful to my mains for each game. I feel kinda bad because it feels like I dumped them or something. >.> But I must move on! I need to move on! I CANNOT LET THE PAST BURDEN MEEEE!!!

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
Ok kids, here is my new wish roster. Less wonky than before, but still kinda wonky.
Roster1.png

My body is still ready, btw.

EDIT: Woops, looks like I mighta over repped Zelda. In that case, take out Link. :troll: Jk, take out Phantom and Tetra.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I must say I'm Rather tired right now...
I might go to bed soon.

Why do some people think we'll get something Zelda related on Smashbros.com on Thursday?
Because of Wind Waker HD's release in Japan?

----

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Oddyesy: Much better now. I like the list, although Roy should be next to the FE characters. Unless there's a reason he's not?

Possibly a few more so the Random button doesn't look out of place. :p

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Oh hey, my mains Lucas and Roy are there... so it ain't half bad. Jk, jk. ;)

I don't care about the lack of Jiggs as it seems I ditched her after 64

I mean, I'm not that faithful to my mains for each game. I feel kinda bad because it feels like I dumped them or something. >.> But I must move on! I need to move on! I CANNOT LET THE PAST BURDEN MEEEE!!!
But, hey, it's not a crime to be a character loyalist. We all know you'd pick Roy up instantly again if he's put back in.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Um, we have attacked others for being character loyalists in the past.
Correction; If they're very obnoxious about it and specifically hate on other characters or try to remove fan favorites. Loyalists isn't the case, it's how they do it.

Removing another fan favorite for some new character will stir up the fanbase far more than wanting to keep a fun character in or adding an entirely new one without removing an old character.

Context.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Correction; If they're very obnoxious about it and specifically hate on other characters or try to remove fan favorites. Loyalists isn't the case, it's how they do it.

Removing another fan favorite for some new character will stir up the fanbase far more than wanting to keep a fun character in or adding an entirely new one without removing an old character.

Context.
I think that leads to a case of extremity. I'm not saying we should apologize for it either. Plus, I'm talking of more than you may think.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I think that leads to a case of extremity. I'm not saying we should apologize for it either. Plus, I'm talking of more than you may think.
Still. I don't generally see it too often unless the idea defies all logic in some way. And I do mean all. If a person says Master Chief, yeah, obviously dumb. If they say Master Chief while adding "If Halo was actually on the DS", then we have a plausible hypothetical.

That case isn't dumb, just unlikely. As long as the reason is backed up with some kind of logic(even if it's odd), I find it fair to only respond reasonably. If it's blatantly trolling, ignore or joke back(in jest, mind you).

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Still. I don't generally see it too often unless the idea defies all logic in some way. And I do mean all. If a person says Master Chief, yeah, obviously dumb. If they say Master Chief while adding "If Halo was actually on the DS", then we have a plausible hypothetical.

That case isn't dumb, just unlikely. As long as the reason is backed up with some kind of logic(even if it's odd), I find it fair to only respond reasonably. If it's blatantly troll, ignore or joke back.
Yea, I would say the more relevant case would be the Villager. Seeing how got in after a long while of being an auto-shoot down if brought up.

I swear I've posted 5 times already >__> now only if the server would actually put it through...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Yea, I would say the more relevant case would be the Villager. Seeing how got in after a long while of being an auto-shoot down if brought up.

I swear I've posted 5 times already >__> now only if the server would actually put it through...
Takes me a maximum of 3. I just wait. If it doesn't post. I wait then post. Annoying.

Let's be fair, Sakurai specified he wouldn't be in Smash because he was too peaceful. Is it any surprise that people still thought it applied?

I'm glad it didn't. Now, let's look at a more recent one, Toad. Many think he's got no chance(in Hell) right now. However, Sakurai also just happened to say, paraphrased; "Movesets aren't finalized yet." I forget the exact words, but it was that message overall. So his chances are respectively low, but until the game is finished or he specifies who absolutely won't get in, well...

My favorite is people dismissing Toon Link because his Conductor outfit is used in one stage. Unlike with Toad, which is somewhat believable to not be playable again, Toon Link has different costumes that make him look entirely different. Also, notice how Conductor Link has much worse details and looks pretty bad compared to the regular playable characters. Even if Toon Link came back(which isn't determined yet, but the main reason for that is we could get a different version of Child Link since his design has changed at least once(even getting a new name). I'm not so sure this applies easily to Zelda/Shiek and Ganondorf, though. They're all the main versions of the character and only got updated designs, but didn't get a new name as well). Could be a return to Young Link. Could be Classic Link. Could be some version based upon Majora's Mask(again) but with actual Masks.(he teleports in, puts on the current mask. It'd be exactly like Pokemon Trainer, minus more than one model on screen)

Anyway, you get my point, right? Nobody is de-confirmed from Brawl whatsoever, and Toad is no more than unlikely at this point and time(Ice Climbers are very much mixed right now.)

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
But, hey, it's not a crime to be a character loyalist. We all know you'd pick Roy up instantly again if he's put back in.
Oh, I definitely wan't implying that it is a crime. In fact, I kinda wish that I stuck with Jiggs through all the games, but unfortunately, she feels totally different in Brawl (can't blame the character specifically for that). Same with Bowser (as he's my Melee secondary). I do play them from time to time in Brawl, but I can't really get into them. The feeling is totally different... I'm so weird...

But yeah, if Roy does get in, I don't care if he's god tier or trash. I don't care if he's literally UNPLAYABLE... like the game instantly explodes when you pick him... I'll somehow main Roy again. Omg I'm such a hypocrite. But I Definitely don't want my support to go to waste haha...

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I understand, mate.

Anything can happen.
Mario will be playable in every Smash Bros. game so long as Mario and Smash Bros. are both owned by Nintendo.

Also, Golden will never turn into a donkey space cowboy.

So no, not anything can happen, but rather, a lot of things.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
But yeah, if Roy does get in, I don't care if he's god tier or trash. I don't care if he's literally UNPLAYABLE... like the game instantly explodes when you pick him... I'll somehow main Roy again. Omg I'm such a hypocrite. But I Definitely don't want my support to go to waste haha...
Stop it Croph, Roy is Chrono's waifu.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Mario will be playable in every Smash Bros. game so long as Mario and Smash Bros. are both owned by Nintendo.

Also, Golden will never turn into a donkey space cowboy.

So no, not anything can happen, but rather, a lot of things.
I actually would like to think Mario is going to be replaced with Somari.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Anything but the 64 recreation.
But that's the best looking one. D: Never honestly liked his updated versions. I wouldn't mind fighting a Retro Metal Mario as a Boss, maybe on the 3DS version. That'd be fun. It could be based upon his 3DS appearance in Super Mario 64 DS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom