• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Can Lucario please not have the Aura gimmick in the next game please?
If I could agree more, I would...

...unless it is say an attack like what Lucario has in Project M (dat A+B attack Spirit Bomb!!!).
But it's such a fun gimmick!
Not in its' current incarnation in Brawl.
I'm 100% fine with Falco and Wolf in Brawl honestly. Very fun semi-clones, and I wouldn't mind more characters like this in. Lucas is a good example to. But I'd prefer Ness and Lucas to be using more moves from their own in their Mother games.
Just make Falco and Wolf more unique with more new moves. Keep their styles relatively the same.

As for Lucas and Ness, eh, I think they need some move changes to make them more viable, like what Project M did for them. More psychic moves would be nice.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
But it's such a fun gimmick!
Couldn't agree more. I like the idea and it means he has to be careful when taking or not taking damage. It's an interesting and unique style, and I wish Pichu had it.

...Which would've made more sense of a reply if you weren't trolling... :facepalm:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
It was a stupid oversight for us not to expect her, the main character of a franchise that has sold over 40 million units.

I blame all the "I want another Mario/Fire Emblem/Pokémon character" ingrate morons.
I more so blame the mentality of characters not being fighting material not being viable, which was a stigma that effected stuff like Villager and Nintendogs. So when everyone was thinking in that sort fashion, we were completely baffled when that stigma was basically erased from existence with not only Villager, but also Wii Fit Trainer too.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Lucario could still have 'some' Aura gimmicks. Think of replacing his Down B with Reversal for example. And keep Aura Sphere the same to, that it's stronger when more damaged. All problems solved.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I more so blame the mentality of characters not being fighting material not being viable, which was a stigma that effected stuff like Villager and Nintendogs. So when everyone was thinking in that sort fashion, we were completely baffled when that stigma was basically erased from existence with not only Villager, but also Wii Fit Trainer too.
Honestly, my thought process with the Wii Fit Trainer was that I never considered it, because I never played the game. If I ever played the game, I would know that the series actually has a main character, instead of just random voices with your Miis telling you what to do (which is what I thought it was).

As for the Villager, I never believed any of that stuff. I just thought it came down to the Miis vs. the Villager, and I thought 19 times out of 20, Sakurai would choose the Miis. Now after the Villager has been confirmed, I feel that the Miis are actually quite likely.

As for Nintendogs... I'm not counting that one out.

But still, all that time we spent listening to stupid Pokémon theories, a bunch of ingrate fools saying Ganondorf would be replaced by Demise, Fi would replace Zelda, and Impa would replace Sheik, how we'd get 3 Kid Icarus characters and maybe 4, and all that Fire Emblem crap, we didn't even think about the Wii Fit Trainer. NOT ONCE!!!

The few times people (myself included) brought up the Villager were quick discussions, or they were shot down thanks to people who defend the Bible of Sakurai.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
It was not a big oversight? Sakurai said not to expect certain types of characters and she definitely fit that type.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@Johnknight1: There was a rumored list that had Wii Fit Trainer on it, so clearly somebody did think of it... just not a majority. If it makes you feel any better, I first thought it was a rumor till I saw the real trailer.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I don't care about what happens to Wolf and Falco. Just make Krystal Assault Suited and Staff wielding. She can be the not-semi-clone of Star Fox crew.
If Krystal is in, she needs to be original, period, and use that staff with some unique moves. I would love to see her wield the staff from multiple positions for different moves (ie: using both sides to attack like as if she was Darth Maul, using just one side like it's just a regular staff).

Also, I would love to see her have a move that launches a long-range magic attack and also whacks anyone in front of her (say maybe a forward smash/side special).
I should have added to troll face to make sure you all knew I was joking. My bad.
Eh, it's fine. But still, that aura system would have been a lot worse in Melee and especially Smash 64 with all those early kills. Since Smash Wii U and 3DS already have spiking and/or meteor spikes confirmed to actually be in a game, more early kills are to be expected, and thus, the aura system would be an even worse idea.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It's what people keep saying. I've asked for the list before. It also had Villager and MegaMan on it.

I'd like to see this "list", though...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@Johnknight1: There was a rumored list that had Wii Fit Trainer on it, so clearly somebody did think of it... just not a majority. If it makes you feel any better, I first thought it was a rumor till I saw the real trailer.
That was a few hours before we got the trailer, and thus it wasn't fully explored or considered by most of us.
It's what people keep saying. I've asked for the list before. It also had Villager and MegaMan on it.

We know at least 3 other characters on his list (Miis, Little Mac, and Pac-Man).

If those 3 characters are confirmed at say E3 2014, expect people in the know to bum rush this guy for what he knows.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

It was on NeoGAF and it was posted oddly the day before the trailer. There were six characters to be revealed.

Megaman, Miss Fit, Villager, Pac-Man, Little Mac, and Mii.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
That was a few hours before we got the trailer, and thus it wasn't fully explored or considered by most of us.
Ah. I want to see the thing though.

We know at least 3 other characters on his list (Miis, Little Mac, and Pac-Man).
All very believable, but I can see reasons to not include them as well.

If those 3 characters are confirmed at say E3 2014, expect people in the know to bum rush this guy for what he knows.
Let's not forget the lube. :p

@KumaOso: I need the link, man... XD

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Not sure how I feel about the Mii. I think maybe there should be an option to swap your Mii face with the Villager's face. That could be a neat feature.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Also, am I the only human being that sees that post as nothing more then a mere guess, instead of being like some sort of prophet from the future?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Miis are just too dangerous for online play, you can put much to many obscene things on those faces...

This, and the "sexualization" of certain female characters are two arguments Shorts doesn't go for.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Limit them to pre-approved Miis for online play then (to say ones that come in the game), and/or perhaps have higher consequences for such rule breaking.
How about this, Online Interactions Are Not Rated by ESRB. And dude, it's more then likely going to be rated Teen it's not THAT big of a deal

colder_than_ice

Smash Lord
Thanks.

Only one I disagree with Pac-Man, as there are better Namco-Bandai choices, IMO. I'd rather have someone from Tales, Digimon, or Soul Calibur myself. All viable choices.
Is Digimon even considered a video game franchise? I know it started off as a Tamagotchi styled virtual pet series, but I'm not sure if those are considered video games. Would the owners of Digimon be open to having there franchise represented in a game that already features Pokemon?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I know somebody who made a Joseph Stalin Mii. -_- Yeah, it's bigger than you think.
I have a Hitler Mii. :shades:

(A friend sent it to me as a joke on 4/20 years back, and I am too lazy to figure out how to delete it)
Also, am I the only human being that sees that post as nothing more then a mere guess, instead of being like some sort of prophet from the future?
I think if it is false they likely had an inside scoop, but added lies to it for trolling purposes.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Is Digimon even considered a video game franchise? I know it started off as a Tamagotchi styled virtual pet series, but I'm not sure if those are considered video games. Would the owners of Digimon be open to having there franchise represented in a game that already features Pokemon?
I figure if Game & Watch counts, then so would Digimon.

I think it'd be great if Namco played up the supposed rivalry between Digmon and Pokemon, kind of like Mario and Sonic.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I figure if Game & Watch counts, then so would Digimon.

I think it'd be great if Namco played up the supposed rivalry between Digmon and Pokemon, kind of like Mario and Sonic.
I'll put it this way, it's a ****ing stupid idea
*drops mic*

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Those are indeed video games. Digimon started entirely as a video game franchise. If they're not, no handheld is. It was the first type of handheld anyway. Electronic Toys are video games if they clearly have a screen, since you know, they're clearly games... with a video screen. It's pretty simple.

@Johnknight1: Right. Those shouldn't be shown online, obviously. Just... you know, for the sake of being respectful.

@Oasis_s: Indeed, it's a damn awesome idea. They did the rivalry between Sonic and Mario, and you could argue one for MegaMan and Samus. Pokemon has no real rivals among the roster. They're just there, stealing the Monster-based character scene. Yoshi is almost a Mon like them, but... yeah, nothing, really.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Also when you think about it, Nintendogs is more of a competitor to Digimon than Pokemon is... Or well. I guess Digimon is basically just a brand that becomes whatever is more marketable at the time, but let's just imagine it's still a virtual pet series.

ALSO, I always imagined we'd have Agumon working with some sort of REWARD system, where if you save up your KO's (for example), then you could turn into Greymon for a short time at will, and if you REALLY saved up your KO's then you could turn into MetalGreymon for an even shorter time and then you'd revert back to Koromon for a couple seconds before turning back into Agumon (so many rubber band effects).

HOWEVER, I think it'd be EVEN COOLER AND DO EVEN BETTER JUSTICE TO THE SERIES if when you tried to trigger the evolution to Greymon without saving any KO's, then you would turn into SUKAMON. For NOT a short amount of time as punishment for being a terrible person. BUUUT if you actually did well with Sukamon, then you could evolve into ETEMON who would be EVEN MORE POWERFUL THAN METALGREYMON considering how much harder it would be to become him.

With the addition of Sukamon/Etemon, you'd also be reflecting how Digimon do not have fixed evolution lines, and also how originally there were "punishment" Digimon that your 'mon would evolve into if you didn't take good enough care of it. So it'd be a really nice way to reference a lot about the series. OF COURSE, I realize that's like, six character in one, lol. Not all with complete movesets, but still.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't know if that style would be good for Agumon, although I won't lie; It'd be interesting. It'd only work during very long battles, though. And it wouldn't work during most single player mode battles, so it would barely see use. I'd like one that is easy to use as a gimmick. Aura was easy to use. Pichu's... well, yeah, it's easy to use. Nobody had a severely hard to use gimmick in any way. Number of K.O.'s does fit the original Card Game, and some of the video games too.

I kind of prefer Warp Digivolution to Wargreymon as a Final Smash. How many K.O.'s though for Greymon and Metalgreymon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom