• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I would love to see some of the lower characters buffed up myself but there is something to making a character feel right coming from their game, thematic I guess. It does mean some characters will be bad or average forever more then likely.
Ike, Ike, Ike, Ike, Ike, Ike, Ike.

Also, I don't think we should place too much stock on initial tiers. In all honesty, I hope they focus on balance very little in this game and instead focus on bolstering the roster and every characters' potential, because with patches now available, they can experiment with the game and fix it with a relationship with both the casual and competitive community established, much like what Project M has done.
As an aside, what would you think happen if Mega Man became the next Meta Knight but EVEN WORSE? Do you think the community could handle having to ban Mega Man after all the hype?
Mega Man can't be the same as Meta Knight broken or worse (aka Pikachu in Smash 64) because all of his projectiles could be shined, and he will inevitably have a few bad match ups due to his design alone.

If you wanna look for "the next Meta Knight" of the confirmed characters, look at Olimar, Pikachu, or the Wii Fit Trainer.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I kinda hope that Little Mac becomes a sort of Ike character in this game though.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Mega Man can't be the same as Meta Knight broken or worse (aka Pikachu in Smash 64) because all of his projectiles could be shined, and he will inevitably have a few bad match ups due to his design alone.

If you wanna look for "the next Meta Knight" of the confirmed characters, look at Olimar, Pikachu, or the Wii Fit Trainer.
As I said above:

I'm not saying this will happen, just curious how people think the community would handle having to ban one of the most hype characters ever to be in smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I kinda hope that Little Mac becomes a sort of Ike character in this game though.
I remember someone on a different forum who thought of the idea of making his attacks counter-based. It sounds interesting and considering how tons of characters punch, would give him pretty unique gameplay.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You never know honestly. For all we know he gets big changes on some quest to declone him even more or the insanely unlikely happens and he's cut leaving Fox and Wolf (or Krystal if you really want crazy odds.)
Krystal won't happen over Falco, andFalco is staying. He's too well made to be cut.

Sakurai from Melee to Brawl cut the poorly made characters (like Pichu, Doc, Roy, and Mewtwo), not the most well designed (like Sheik, Captain Falcon, Falco, and Jigglypuff).

The same thing will likely stay true from Brawl to Smash Wii U and 3DS for all the cuts (cuts meaning any and all previous characters in Melee and Brawl not returning as playable).
omfg i was joking
It was a terrible joke.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Krystal won't happen over Falco, and Falco is staying. He's too well made to be cut.

Sakurai from Melee to Brawl cut the poorly made characters (like Pichu, Doc, Roy, and Mewtwo), not the most well designed (like Sheik, Captain Falcon, Falco, and Jigglypuff).

The same thing will likely stay true from Brawl to Smash Wii U and 3DS for all the cuts (cuts meaning any and all previous characters in Melee and Brawl not returning as playable).

This is Sakurai, the guy who brought us Wii Fit Trainer. I still wont say anything is 100% confirmed. Heck, Mario could be cut still. It's Sakurai here!

But in all seriousness I would LIKE (keyword I get it's not logical to everyone) to see Falco be WAY more Luigified or just have him be an alternate costume so maybe we can get something brand new.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
So much nonsense over Melee vs. Brawl debates... Tsk. :smirk:

I like both games and I don't need all those tech/skill mumbo jumbo beyond booting up a game, play and enjoy the hell out of it, but then again I would probably seen as some casual gutter thrash who lacks taste for some apparent reason no one can seem to have a coherent definition. Oh well. :rolleyes:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I see Little Mac becoming a Quick combo-maker, like Lucario. Mark that up with Ike's awesome attack range. That would be badass, IMO.
I agree with your point, but Lucario as far as I can tell is not exactly the quick combo maker you make him out to be =P his attack speed is kind of average.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This is Sakurai, the guy who brought us Wii Fit Trainer. I still wont say anything is 100% confirmed. Heck, Mario could be cut still. It's Sakurai here!
Agreed with everything but the Mario joke. XD

But in all seriousness I would LIKE (keyword I get it's not logical to everyone) to see Falco be WAY more Luigified or just have him be an alternate costume so maybe we can get something brand new.
Either make him more unique, or replace with Krystal. Getting tired of him being a clone. Justified in Melee, but entirely unjustified in Brawl. Same with Ganondorf(that is, make sure he's not a clone. Falco can be changed out for someone since he's not the key hero or key villain or even a villain. Ganondorf needs to stay regardless. If we get a version of Ganon in place of Ganondorf, that's acceptable enough to me. It's similar enough from Young Link to Toon Link, so...).

I still lol'd at the idea that Falco has zero chance of being cut. Never know, and there's no way to know if he's coming back whatsoever. Has Sakurai expressed any specific reasons to keep him in at all? Cause I only remember him expressing that he prefers a Child Link in Smash... he has at least shown in practice that the original 12 matter quite a bit(for being in the game, not so much balance or good movesets).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I agree with your point, but Lucario as far as I can tell is not exactly the quick combo maker you make him out to be =P his attack speed is kind of average.
I guess he has Project M in his mind. In that game Lucario kicks ass like the mother****ing Fist of The North Star.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Okay, maybe not Lucario, but you get what I'm saying.

@Habanero I haven't played P:M yet, but I've seen enough videos to get that♥

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I keep mistaking Capps' new Squirrel for N3ON's old avatar. It's black and white and red and Swirly just the same.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I'm actually N3ON in disguise.

(Did I mention how much I missed you yet? I missed you SO much.)
Oh man then you should check out the backroom for more of my Strength.

Just posted some great tidbits of information back there.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Can Lucario please not have the Aura gimmick in the next game please?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
This is Sakurai, the guy who brought us Wii Fit Trainer.
It was a stupid oversight for us not to expect her, the main character of a franchise that has sold over 40 million units.

I blame all the "I want another Mario/Fire Emblem/Pokémon character" ingrate morons.
I still wont say anything is 100% confirmed. Heck, Mario could be cut still. It's Sakurai here!
Yes, and he'll cut a veteran whom he has a ton of good data on for a newcomer that takes 3 times as much time, money, and effort to put in. Yep.

You guys are acting like Sakurai is totally random. He isn't. His risks are calculated, and he always follows the same patterns. The problem is we don't always know where he is going with said patterns, and we focus too much on minute stuff (Fire Emblem characters) and not on the big stuff (playable characters from franchises without previously playable characters).
..why=??? Falco has like 4 moves the same as Fox (not counting the grabs, which many characters borrow anyways).

I mean, I get new moves and all, but his playstyle is pretty much perfect (at least in Melee). Changing it would honestly just be a waste of time, effort, and most of all money.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm 100% fine with Falco and Wolf in Brawl honestly. Very fun semi-clones, and I wouldn't mind more characters like this in. Lucas is a good example to. But I'd prefer Ness and Lucas to be using more moves from their own in their Mother games.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I don't care about what happens to Wolf and Falco. Just make Krystal Assault Suited and Staff wielding. She can be the not-semi-clone of Star Fox crew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom