• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
More Megaman games would be a given if Nintendo bought out Capcom. I'd be more curious though as to how Resident Evil would be handled under their wing. At this point of course I'd prefer a reboot that's true to the survival horror roots over an RE7, but Capcom may still be stupid enough to come out with RE7 with 90% action.
To be fair, genres change over time. I never really played RE, so I can't much say which is better.

I mostly like the Legends and regular side-scrolling games for MegaMan. So, Classic, X, and Legends. I played some of The Power Fighters, and MegaMan Soccer was pretty neat(namely the roster moreso than the gameplay. Similar situation to Shaq Fu, although I cannot say which had better quality at this time. I still need Soccer. >_<)

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
....is it any good?
It not a Pokémon game (but plays a heck of a lot like it) but rather it's actually an unofficial rerelease of a Japan only game called Keitai Denjū Telefang (Jade version is actually Speed Version and Diamond Version is actually Power Version). The game is poorly POORLY translated (started as Japanese, then translated into Chinese, then finally into English; lots of profanity in it), lots of game breaking bugs (mainly because the makers of the bootleg had no clue on how properly handle compressed data), and unfortunately my save batter is dead. Other than that I REALLY love this game and played the living heck out of it (until the save battery died).

There is currently a PROPER ROM hack translation in the works for Keitai Denjū Telefang (using the official, bug free game as the base and not relying on the bootleg version whatsoever) and progress is pretty good. I'm eagerly waiting for it to be finished.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I still say it's entirely possible we break away from the one-per-month schedule we're on. And if there's any time where it'd make sense for more than one character to be revealed in a month (barring when we get fairly close to release I suppose), it would be this holiday season, considering characters are being used for promotion.
Especially if say the game comes out in 18 months, we'll only be at about 33 characters when the game comes out.

If we're to see all the characters before they are announced, and we have say 47-53 playable characters, at some point we're gonna have to get either a few revealed together, or like a character confirmed every 3 weeks or so.

The same is true with stages, albeit with more frequent confirmations.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Especially if say the game comes out in 18 months, we'll only be at about 33 characters when the game comes out.

If we're to see all the characters before they are announced, and we have say 47-53 playable characters, at some point we're gonna have to get either a few revealed together, or like a character confirmed every 3 weeks or so.

The same is true with stages, albeit with more frequent confirmations.
That's assuming Sakurai plans to unveil all the hidden characters before release as well though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's assuming Sakurai plans to unveil all the hidden characters before release as well though.
Well with Brawl we got all but like 8 characters revealed one way or another pre-launch.

If say all roughly the same percentage isn't shown, we'll see 40 characters pre-release.

15 characters confirmed thus far + 1 character for every month x 18 months = 15+18 = 35.

We'd still be short 35. Now you can factor in E3 where we will likely get at least 3 characters revealed. But still, the pace has gotta increase about this time next year.

Also, I feel that the time for keeping hidden characters outside of public knowledge pre-release is over in the fighting games, sans maybe 1 or 2 characters. It just is. Sakurai even seems to be going that route, with all the 3rd party characters being unlockable and being shown pre-release, and with Luigi's early confirmation.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I was pretty confident in Sonic returning already but that's good news

as far as Luigi being revealed early, I mean, this is the Year of Luigi lol

unless Jigglypuff or Game and Watch or any other character like that gets revealed, I think we'll still have a few hidden characters that aren't revealed pre-release

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Whatever it's gonna be, Sonic fans will never shut up about Sonic anyway. If he comes back, I hope he becomes garbage tier again so I won't have to see Sonic being played as often.
Have you seen Project M 2.6=??? Sawnic is boss in that game with a cool moveset and a style that is just fun to play against.

Also, why would you complain about facing one of the weaker characters when you main one of the best=??? That is literally like free wins, lol.
In other news, in a interview with Sonic brand manager Aaron Webber & producer Sam Mullen about the upcoming game Sonic Lost World, they were asked about Sonic's possibility in Sm4sh. They simply replied with "We have no idea!"
If he knew, why would he say "yes"=???

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well with Brawl we got all but like 8 characters revealed one way or another pre-launch.

If say all roughly the same percentage isn't shown, we'll see 40 characters pre-release.

15 characters confirmed thus far + 1 character for every month x 18 months = 15+18 = 35.

We'd still be short 35. Now you can factor in E3 where we will likely get at least 3 characters revealed. But still, the pace has gotta increase about this time next year.

Also, I feel that the time for keeping hidden characters outside of public knowledge pre-release is over in the fighting games, sans maybe 1 or 2 characters. It just is. Sakurai even seems to be going that route, with all the 3rd party characters being unlockable and being shown pre-release, and with Luigi's early confirmation.
I'm not saying you're wrong in that we'll eventually get more than one character per month, I was saying that myself, I just think apart from characters used for promotion (whether for other games like Luigi, or for Smash itself like the 3rd parties - because they're obviously great promotional tools, why do you think they're revealed early but still hidden characters?) Sakurai won't deviate from his plan of attempting to keep hidden characters hidden until the game releases (even though they'll leak).

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
If he knew, why would he say "yes"=???
Agreed. even if the VAs knew and/or were working on the game, there's still the possibility that they're contractually obligated to remain silent on the matter. It's also possible Sakurai is planning to reuse Brawl's SFX/Voice for him.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Have you seen Project M 2.6=??? Sawnic is boss in that game with a cool moveset and a style that is just fun to play against.

Also, why would you complain about facing one of the weaker characters when you main one of the best=??? That is literally like free wins, lol.

It's a free win now yes. But knowing Sakurai, he just goes 'oh Diddy's overpowered to those tourney ******s? BAM! Nerf hammer on speed, strenght and everything else' :rolleyes: Yes, I've seen PM Sonic. Also stupid broken 2.5 Sonic. That was really terrible.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
@N3ON: We don't know if Luigi is hidden this time, keep in mind.

We don't even know if MegaMan will be hidden like Snake and Sonic were.

Sakurai just doesn't seem to have a notable pattern for this particular occurrence.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
i hope sakurai continues the classic "jigglypuff and luigi are always hidden" thing.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i hope sakurai continues the classic "jigglypuff and luigi are always hidden" thing.
I hope it's the opposite. The second that Falcon and Ness were choosable from the start told me it was time to reverse it in For. Make the opposite two hidden and the other two starters.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
I hope it's the opposite. The second that Falcon and Ness were choosable from the start told me it was time to reverse it in For. Make the opposite two hidden and the other two starters.
Yeah, maybe. Has it been confirmed yet if Falcon is returning?

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
Something hit me today involving the Miiverse updates. It all makes sense now.

Reflectors are the enemy from Samus' past.
lol i wouldn't observe too deeply. no one likes disappointment.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
It's also possible Sakurai is planning to reuse Brawl's SFX/Voice for him.
Considering that Sonic has a new voice actor since 2010, it might not happen if he returns.

Yeah, maybe. Has it been confirmed yet if Falcon is returning?
Nope, nothing regarding Falcon has been confirmed, but he's very likely to return due to being in the series since the first game and being a popular character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I still MAYBE questions Jiggs as evidence suggests she barely got into Brawl...
And she got in over Mewtwo. Enough said.

Nope, nothing regarding Falcon has been confirmed, but he's very likely to return due to being in the series since the first game and being a popular character.
And Sakurai's favorite character from SSB... regardless of whether the character is good to play as or not.

And even if Jiggs IS in slight danger Captain Falcon isn't going any where and you're a ******* to think otherwise.
Neither are in danger, don't worry. Only character that is in danger so far is officially Ice Climbers. But that's only because Sakurai said he hasn't gotten them to work, and he hasn't announced if he did or not.

Zyskyoto

Banned via Warnings
Honestly, I could live without the Ice Climbers. They were cheap as hell, (yeah that's right, I said the c-word) and they made competitive Brawl unfun for me.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Ah, okay. I don't follow the Sonic series, so I didn't know. so if they have started work, they probably have an NDA or something.
I don't follow either, but I knew that from browsing TV Tropes. :p:laugh:

It's been quite a long time since I last bought and played a Sonic game, although Lost World seems promising and I may possibly buy it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
If that was the case I would think both of them would give Wolf the cut.
Yeah, ignore that reasoning. Jigglypuff was not very similar to Kirby in Brawl at all. She was just more important, that's it.

It's importance through and through and always was. Mewtwo lacked it compared to the original 12, plain and simple. He always was very far into development. But hey, original 12 wins, plain and simple.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Yeah, ignore that reasoning. Jigglypuff was not very similar to Kirby in Brawl at all. She was just more important, that's it.

It's importance through and through and always was. Mewtwo lacked it compared to the original 12, plain and simple. He always was very far into development. But hey, original 12 wins, plain and simple.
Wasn't Mewtwo planned to appear in SSB64? I think it was. :ohwell:

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Wasn't Mewtwo planned to appear in SSB64? I think it was. :ohwell:
I'm not sure if that's true or not but if it is, Jigglypuff probably got in for the reason's scatman stated. But in Brawl it's a different playing field. Jigglypuff was not the last character to be added in Brawl mind you, Wolf was (or Sanic but you know the drill) if he thought Jigglypuff and Mewtwo were on an even playing field for priority I think Sakurai would've held off on giving Wolf his time to shine. It's almost like Jigglypuff is basically that smash essential to Sakurai that he only JUST had time for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom