• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Then the cycle is complete. Next update new character

That is totally how it works
Eh, I guess. But still, some more new stuff of stages wouldn't hurt.

I mean, we haven't gotten a picture of the Nintendogs stage since the debut trailer, and the last time we got a new 3DS stage was probably about 2 months ago.
On miiverse Sakurai said Samus's charge shot is faster.
Good. That shots were too slow.
That hole...

The texture looks odd. Like it's not finished or something.
That's because we're looking at a very incomplete game.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
What killed Brawl for me was the Airdodging with slow gameplay. That's the only worry I have the for SSB4.

Lucario falling under T.Link makes me think of Jaws. Dudu dudu dudu dudu...

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
What killed Brawl for me was the Airdodging with slow gameplay. That's the only worry J got for SSB4.
Two airdodges is nice, though.

Lucario falling under T.Link makes me think of Jaws. Dudu dudu dudu dudu...

Anybody could be juggled in the air if Fox or Link was under them in the first Smash. It was also Link's biggest saving grace and most annoying issue. Albeit, he wasn't very good otherwise, but I felt his 64 and Melee versions were somewhat decent characters. It helps that they had good moves. Brawl... yeah, Link is just plain trash. He's not notoriously good in the first two, though.

Still found it funny Young and Toon Links were better...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo should buy them.:awesome:
On a more serious note, I think they will sink if they don't release more great (not just good) games.
Capcom's problem is their financial managers are terrible and they have too many do nothing executives.

If you ask me, they should fire half their executives, don't hire new ones, and focus on the games.

Oh, and get a new marketing team.
It's different in Smash. Reflector-esque characters destroy most item play. Unless you are Snake or Diddy.
Nah, just projectile items or items that are thrown.

They don't prevent the Ice Climbers from being broken with items.

As for reflectors, eh, they just force you to change up the approach.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Happy B-Day Moon!

@Denma
Leon vs. Glutonny are also another example of really fun matches. In fact, European Brawl as a whole I find fun to watch.
Leon vs Glutonny truly was epic.

It's Demna btw, any future messages addressing me as "Denma" won't be answered :glare:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whatever it's gonna be, Sonic fans will never shut up about Sonic anyway. If he comes back, I hope he becomes garbage tier again so I won't have to see Sonic being played as often.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Happy berthmas Moon -Monkey!

In other news, in a interview with Sonic brand manager Aaron Webber & producer Sam Mullen about the upcoming game Sonic Lost World, they were asked about Sonic's possibility in Sm4sh. They simply replied with "We have no idea!"

To be honest, I'm not surprised they don't know (even if it is a lie). After all, Sakurai makes all the calls.
Plus not everyone at Sega would be informed anyway. So really, we're in the same position we were before. Which is, it's pretty likely he'll still be in, and it's pretty likely (but hardly guaranteed) we find out next month.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Plus not everyone at Sega would be informed anyway. So really, we're in the same position we were before. Which is, it's pretty likely he'll still in, and it's pretty likely (but hardly guaranteed) we find out next month.
Considering the amount of Nintendo-exclusive Sonic games, well...

I would also laugh if Capcom was bought out by Nintendo. If it means we'd get MegaMan games again, well...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Remembuh gaiz, Sawnick in Octobar.

:rolleyes:

I'll be so delighted to see any other character make it next month. Hell, give me Sheik instead, I won't care.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Theres a good amount of characters that could be revealed next month. Heck, who's to say October won't be the second major character reveal? Then again, Toon Link, Mewtwo and Sonic may be a little much to reveal next month.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Plus not everyone at Sega would be informed anyway. So really, we're in the same position we were before. Which is, it's pretty likely he'll still be in, and it's pretty likely (but hardly guaranteed) we find out next month.
I don't think it entirely means that Sonic's not in the game if he's not confirmed on the cusp of Sonic Lost World.

As much as I'd like an early ASAP reveal though (Because the closer it gets to the game's release without a Sonic reveal is making me more nervous by the day), I know that a Pokemon character's the more likely next character to be revealed.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I still say it's entirely possible we break away from the one-per-month schedule we're on. And if there's any time where it'd make sense for more than one character to be revealed in a month (barring when we get fairly close to release I suppose), it would be this holiday season, considering characters are being used for promotion.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They should fuze into one entity known as Sonimario or Marionic. I guess it depends if they fuze through dancing or earings

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
As long as we're bringing up Pirated games, let's be thankful Super Mario World was only made on the SNES.

At least, until a pirated version came along-

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Whatever it's gonna be, Sonic fans will never shut up about Sonic anyway. If he comes back, I hope he becomes garbage tier again so I won't have to see Sonic being played as often.
I'm probably the only one here that thinks Sonic won't even come back regardless of popularity.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
As long as we're bringing up Pirated games, let's be thankful Super Mario World was only made on the SNES.

At least, until a pirated version came along-
I've played that pirate. Sloppy coding everywhere but the effort put into the game is very surprising for a pirate.

While on pirates, I am a proud owner of this bad boy!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Considering the amount of Nintendo-exclusive Sonic games, well...

I would also laugh if Capcom was bought out by Nintendo. If it means we'd get MegaMan games again, well...
More Megaman games would be a given if Nintendo bought out Capcom. I'd be more curious though as to how Resident Evil would be handled under their wing. At this point of course I'd prefer a reboot that's true to the survival horror roots over an RE7, but Capcom may still be stupid enough to come out with RE7 with 90% action.

edit: This was my 1337th post and I forgot to screencap it! Oh well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/review.html Same source as the 152 million in the bank. I was wrong, by the way, they only have 980 million in assests at the moment, but still, it's not the grim picture painted by the cherry picked data that's been making the rounds. Capcom has had a rough start to the year (stock is up today, though https://www.google.com/finance?cid=675726) but they aren't anywhere close to closing up shop anytime soon.
"Assets" are a funny word... and this is coming from someone hoping to be an accountant.

A huge portion of that could be the studio, it could be money not yet received, it could even be intangible assets (like trademarks, copyright, name brand, etc that you can't physically touch, often which is overstated).

Also, knowing the liabilities is far more important than the assets, as well as the various ratios, the net income, and the retained earnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom