• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I never played O.M., so I don't know what the original stage looks like. I'll look at it later.
Just like the Pyrosphere.

Really, most of the details are followed to a tee.

On another note...

What do you guys think about Capcom's financial problems? They're almost broke. Dangerously close. You think they'll survive much longer?

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
On another note...

What do you guys think about Capcom's financial problems? They're almost broke. Dangerously close. You think they'll survive much longer?
Nintendo should buy them.:awesome:
On a more serious note, I think they will sink if they don't release more great (not just good) games.

D

Deleted member

Just like the Pyrosphere.

Really, most of the details are followed to a tee.

On another note...

Only if Capcom seriously changes the way they do business and by that, I mean listening to their fans (especially when it benefits them), working hard towards restoring their horrendous PRs, and restricting DLC and mobile games. But with Capcom's current strategy being to increase focus on DLC and mobile games (the same things that have hurt them so much), I am not optimistic.

Considering how important Capcom is to gaming and the many strong IPs they have, I really don't want to see them go. Why people are celebrating this I will never understand since most people don't understand that the buyout of Capcom's franchise is not going to be nearly as good as many think it is. There will be at least several Capcom's franchise fans with broken hearts once they find out their favorite IP sinks with the company/got bought out by a company that won't do anything with the IP. Heck, the only IPs that are absolutely safe are Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter. I know most everyone assumes that Mega Man will be better off after Capcom goes down the drain, but Capcom's bad financial situation gives me ground for concern.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
It's hard to imagine a gaming environment without Capcom, but if they gotta die out due to shotty business decisions then let them.
I just hope the employees find work if it happens.

P.S Today is my birthday! :bee:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yo congrats Moon! I'm guessing it's either your 22th or 23th right? Anyway, have a good one.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
It's hard to imagine a gaming environment without Capcom, but if they gotta die out due to shotty business decisions then let them.
I just hope the employees find work if it happens.

P.S Today is my birthday! :bee:
Happy Birthday, Moon! Have a great one!

Looks like it's true, good people are born in September. :)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Monday would be awesome. Cause it's officially Moon-Day. :p Would make for an awesome belated birthday gift I think.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I think the reason Capcom is going bankrupt is the same reason the entire AAA gaming industry is struggling: expectations. Every game company pumps as much money as they can into their games trying to make them look "super-realistic"(read: like a movie) for the trailer for "immersion." Why? Because everybody(at least AAA devs/companies) wants their game to be "the next CoD." Instead of maybe reducing their budget and expectations, devs are just spending more and more money, and trying to suck more and more money out of the consumer.

(I hope that made sense. Jim Sterling explained this whole thing better than I could in the Jimquisition.)

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
happy 20th (how old are you now lol?) fam
21. Teacher called in sick with a cold so I get to sleep in today.
So todays off to a good start, now if I can only manage to get out of these night classes...
Either way thanks guys!
Happy Birthday, Moon! Have a great one!

Looks like it's true, good people are born in September. :)
Hahaha! it's scientifically proven! ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoa I'm still in the weekend I think... I just posted that a Yoshi reveal would be great on Monday, but it's already Monday. :rolleyes:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not really certain what Capcom could do. Maybe Mega Man's inclusion in Smash is just the start of Capcom's revival?

Course I'm not saying that automatically means they'll start making good decisions, though it does give me a tad bit of hope for them. If the company does go bankrupt, let's all hope that at least some of their game IPs are bought and used, and their employees find work.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Only if Capcom seriously changes the way they do business and by that, I mean listening to their fans (especially when it benefits them), working hard towards restoring their horrendous PRs, and restricting DLC and mobile games. But with Capcom's current strategy being to increase focus on DLC and mobile games (the same things that have hurt them so much), I am not optimistic.

Considering how important Capcom is to gaming and the many strong IPs they have, I really don't want to see them go. Why people are celebrating this I will never understand since most people don't understand that the buyout of Capcom's franchise is not going to be nearly as good as many think it is. There will be at least several Capcom's franchise fans with broken hearts once they find out their favorite IP sinks with the company/got bought out by a company that won't do anything with the IP. Heck, the only IPs that are absolutely safe are Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Monster Hunter. I know most everyone assumes that Mega Man will be better off after Capcom goes down the drain, but Capcom's bad financial situation gives me ground for concern.
I agree, Don't want them to go down, but I Don't think their future looks bright.

Edit:
Happy birthday Moon Monkey.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
@shinpichu XD that picture is awesome.

Anyway, I'm not sure about the rest of you, but as long as they use the IP at all, I think Mega Man would be fine in Nintendo's hands.

D

Deleted member

I think the reason Capcom is going bankrupt is the same reason the entire AAA gaming industry is struggling: expectations. Every game company pumps as much money as they can into their games trying to make them look "super-realistic"(read: like a movie) for the trailer for "immersion." Why? Because everybody(at least AAA devs/companies) wants their game to be "the next CoD." Instead of maybe reducing their budget and expectations, devs are just spending more and more money, and trying to suck more and more money out of the consumer.

(I hope that made sense. Jim Sterling explained this whole thing better than I could in the Jimquisition.)
Yes it does. It is so frustrating to see Japanese companies that were once considered among the best succumbs to greed and part of it has to do with Call of Duty. I have lost a lot of respect for CoD over the years as I realized that it is a yearly cash-in for Activision with relatively little change to the game, yet people still eat it up (not to disrespect those who like the series, but I would be more than a little happy to see the franchise take a break). When I realized it is a big contributing factor for how the franchise has indirectly turned Capcom into what they are today, it turned a franchise I was disinterested in into a franchise that I loathe.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
lol you gucci Phantom, I didn't notice either

for some reason, I really can't see either of them staying, they probably will return tho

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Guests be guests yo. If I tell you to come over for a night and have a drink, I expect you NOT to be there when I wake up in the morning, or my case: afternoon. :smirk:

Yes, Impa over Ridley.

#YOLO
#SWAG
#IDGAF

Pokémon Trainer isn't really gone though. Red is in the background for Charizard, Glue / Green in the background for Blastoise. They are just selectable as the Pokémon themselves, cause they don't switch out.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Monday would be awesome. Cause it's officially Moon-Day. :p Would make for an awesome belated birthday gift I think.
Tempted to Photoshop a monkey riding on the Majora's Mask moon lol!

@Roster
*Sees King K. Rool, Yoshi and the main DK crew* That's an automatic 7/10
*Sees Litte Mac* 8/10 *
*Sees Lyn and Palutena* 10/10
*Sees Paper Mario, No Sonic and Snake* 8/10

It's 8/10 from me :bee:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Capcom, isn't going bankrupt, they are more then fine. They have a TON of liquid assests, and people are making a big deal out of literally nothing. Even if they were doing bad, Monster Hunter 4 just landed in Japan and is breaking records (best Monster Hunter launch ever.)

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
roster gets a 9 from me

if only Sonic and Snake were on it (Sheik too but I mean, it's Diddy we're talking about)

now I'm going to go make my own roster haha

D

Deleted member

Capcom, isn't going bankrupt, they are more then fine. They have a TON of liquid assests, and people are making a big deal out of literally nothing. Even if they were doing bad, Monster Hunter 4 just landed in Japan and is breaking records (best Monster Hunter launch ever.)
I'm not saying that Capcom will go bankrupt so much as expressing my concerns on what would happen if Capcom does go bust.

However, Capcom is not out of the woods by any means. Monster Hunter (and to a lesser extent, Street Fighter) are the only franchises that are still profitable for the company (other franchises either aren't being used or not being used properly to where their games don't sell well enough). They cannot afford to keep screwing fans over for long. If their reputation continues to sink, so will their money and considering that Capcom has one of the worst PRs in the Japanese video game industry, you'd think having only $152 million would be a wake up call for them, but apparently it wasn't.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
If I'd have $152 million, not many people would see me too often.

Except females probably.

D

Deleted member

If I'd have $152 million, not many people would see me too often.

Except females probably.
Nice joke, but this is a major third-party publisher we're talking about. Rockstar's GTA V was $266 million and Capcom has less than that in the bank, so...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom