• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
That's because Falco was awesome in Melee and Brawl KingofPhantoms.
True. It will probably take Melee faithfuls some time to buy Smash 4.
Well if Nintendo was smart, they would have sponsored Melee at Evo, and made bank and mad hype.

Heck, maybe throw an appreciation video. Personally, I would love to see say a video of a high ranking Nintendo employee congratulating "Mango" for winning the Melee Evo 2013. Acknowledging your passionate fans would go a long way, and do nothing but good things. You gotta create that consumer-business relationship, and continue to express how much you appreciate your consumers as a business.

If Nintendo told their Melee fanbase thank you for their continued support of the game they love, heck, it would imply to many of them that Smash Wii U and 3DS would be great games to get, as well as the fact that their love of the game is admired.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Falco?

cut?

**** that

hell naw

lol just saying
Sadly, if they had to take out one, he's the only one they can remove that'd make sense. Wolf was planned for 64 and Melee, keep in mind. Falco got in simple because he was easy to clone. Wolf didn't get in Melee... because Sakurai wanted him to be more unique. I remember an interview saying something like that; Wolf deserved a better moveset than a clone, and he did get one like that in Brawl. He had about two moves in common with Fox(using the same move slot, to clarify). Down B and Landmastah! That was it. His Blaster is quite different, both his Side B and Up B work differently as well. Mind you, all 3 of these are slightly similar to the original, but not enough to matter.

None should be removed, of course.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Well if Nintendo was smart, they would have sponsored Melee at Evo, and made bank and mad hype.
I will never truly understand things from Nintendo's point of view. They have always behaved like a one-sided government bureau. Their loyalty to doing things the Nintendo way has parallels with American legislature crafting - the absolute refusal to borrow from or imitate other ideas regardless of how good they are, at least until it's too late, so you always end up with something crazy, uncooperative, or inconvenient. If asked to handle the abortion debate, Nintendo would probably make abortions before the third trimester illegal.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
OH GOD, can we not compare Nintendo and politics. I don't want this thread to become a battleground for things worst than any of the Pokémon debates and Fire Emblem debates.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
OH GOD, can we not compare Nintendo and politics. I don't want this thread to become a battleground for things worst than any of the Pokémon debates and Fire Emblem debates.
Can we compare Politoads instead? :troll:

Gay Marriage should be legal. Discuss.
Yes. That is all.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Nintendo won't do such things though.
Because they are too short-sighted to see that keeping customers is a lot cheaper than trying to reach to new audiences.

I mean, if everyone who bought Melee bought a Wii U, a 3DS, and both new forthcoming smash games, that would be millions of more consoles and games sold, and hundreds of millions of dollars in revenue.

Plus many of those fans of Melee would inveitably have kids and "pass it on" to the next generation.

Iunno, but I grew up on the NES, SNES, and N64, and I was "passed on" to Nintendo by family. I don't get why they don't try to do that any more. I mean, building up their legacy is nice, but they really ought to do more to "thank" gamers. Heck, all of the Big Three need to do more of that, especially Micro-transaction-$oft.
I will never truly understand things from Nintendo's point of view. They have always behaved like a one-sided government bureau. Their loyalty to doing things the Nintendo way has parallels with American legislature crafting - the absolute refusal to borrow from or imitate other ideas regardless of how good they are, at least until it's too late, so you always end up with something crazy, uncooperative, or inconvenient. If asked to handle the abortion debate, Nintendo would probably make abortions before the third trimester illegal.
Pretty much this, except Nintendo isn't based around lobbying (thank our lord God, Miyamoto for no EA Origin as a required Wii U function!!!).

And yeah, Nintendo needs some new guys at the top, calling for newer, better, and more fan-driven ideas, at least on the Wii U. With the 3DS, they're fantastic. Heck, maybe just give a lot of the Wii U head folks the boot, and give lower ranking (DS and) 3DS guys a promotion to the former Wii U guys' jobs.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Naw, I'm getting an original Xbox One... One... possibly.

It'll be adorable to use that and make fun of the VHS One.
Heh. Never was introduced in the original XBox. I got a 360 Elite. Now, the XBone does look interesting.(really, they could've named the overall system better)

Now for a relevant on-topic joke statement; Master Chief for Smash. :troll:

SirGalvan

Smash Journeyman
Replaying Star Fox Adventures stuck at the strength test on litefoot village probably the hardest thing for me in any game

Hope this game gets some love in smash 4 there is a lot they could take from it

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
And yeah, Nintendo needs some new guys at the top, calling for newer, better, and more fan-driven ideas, at least on the Wii U. With the 3DS, they're fantastic. Heck, maybe just give a lot of the Wii U head folks the boot, and give lower ranking (DS and) 3DS guys a promotion to the former Wii U guys' jobs.
Do you know how hard it is to find a decent man these days? Not a humble, hard working soul left in this world. I exaggerate, of course, but it's not that simple, John!
I also agree completely with the 'lobbying sucks' sentiment, it is a natural product of a government that can pass regulation on things.
. . . the absolute refusal to borrow from or imitate other ideas regardless of how good they are, at least until it's too late, so you always end up with something crazy, uncooperative, or inconvenient.
I've yet to hear of these good ideas.
And on that note, I'd rather they end up making it so 'too late' that the federal government simply shuts down. No compromise.

Either way, sometimes Nintendo works very well, sometimes it doesn't, but we'll see. I don't know their bureaucracy anywhere near as intimately as I know American political structure, but. . . The institutions with the least bureaucracy tend to last the longest, and Nintendo has been around for quite some time.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Man, I was so hyped for Brawl.

I knew about the "Revolution" (Wii) and a third Smash Bros being planned, but I wasn't even aware of Brawl's reveal until I searched for a flash video called "Super Smash Bros. Brawl" (that shows all the Melee characters graphically killing each other)

The summer of 2006 was awesome...

----

Is there any debate we can have that doesn't end like this?

No? Well, okay then. *Turns into a turtle shell and rolls to the sunset*

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Exactly what do you mean by that? :awesome:
Aren't you only around like 17=??? You would have been like 9-12 back then.

Trust me, I might have turned out worse if I wasn't a fairly mature 14-16 then. Some of my opinions then were flat out wrong and dumb, although sadly enough they are better than most opinions now.

As my motto goes, "I hate my opinion, but I hate yours more."
Sounds hot to me. :awesome: Although he is called Fastblade for a reason. :troll:
If only you were in the Skype chat... :troll:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Aren't you only around like 17=??? You would have been like 9-12 back then.

Trust me, I might have turned out worse if I wasn't a fairly mature 14-16 then. Some of my opinions then were flat out wrong and dumb, although sadly enough they are better than most opinions now.

As my motto goes, "I hate my opinion, but I hate yours more."
Yeah, around that age.

If I was a bit older during that time though, I'd be glad I wasn't around during the Brawl hype here.

Truth to be told, I actually used to get very frustrated at times, and over the course of 2012 and late 2011, I've said a few things out of line while playing online games, but hey, I've learned from it. I'm much more mature when it comes to things like that now, and at times I still get a bit frustrated, but quickly correct myself. The boards have kind of helped me with that.

I found it weird that Ridley and K. Rool didn't make it to Brawl. When that happened, I was like, "Well, good luck to 3/4 of the fan base. I'm still buying this game." No, I wasn't supporting Toad that time because I didn't care that much about his playability (I know, it's not a word).

That's like 2 heavy backlashes Sakurai must have endured back in Brawl hype.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Heh. Never was introduced in the original XBox. I got a 360 Elite. Now, the XBone does look interesting.(really, they could've named the overall system better)

Now for a relevant on-topic joke statement; Master Chief for Smash. :troll:
Eh, I just want the original Xbox One so I can say I have it... and to play some games that run better than on the 360, or that don't run at all. Well, exclusives at least.

Also, I just wanna own like every major console. Maybe somewhere down the line when I have significant money I can spend after I finally get my career going, I'll get a ton of consoles.

But as for now, I'll stick to my NES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GBA, DS, and PC's while saving for a 3DS and Wii U. :shades:

I'll stick to my NES, N64, GameCube, Wii, PS1, PS2, Xbox 360, Game Boy, Game Boy Color, GBA, DS, and PC's while saving for a 3DS and Wii U. :shades:
Well damn. You must have saved a lot of money or got your mom to buy all that stuff. Lucky :(

I got lucky this gen. My mom got me the X360, PS3 and Wii. Last last gen, I got a PS1 then in the next gen, I got a PS2 but later on, I got a GC. Whelp. I could have gotten the chance to play N64 games but it was broken by then because my dad's friends was pretty hardcore with Goldeneye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom