• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but, since it has been revealed a new design for the Wii Fit Trainer in the last Nintendo Direct, ¿should Smash's WFT get the new design or remain with the original one?. Personally, I would preffer the new one (she has a visible face and her skin color seems to fit better for SSB stages).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sakurai saying "trying his best"

simply means "trying his best"

some of y'all need to stop twisting his words lol

This.

It only means he expects to have some time contraints for adding characters. Which may or may not mean cuts, or in general, less newcomers than expected.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but, since it has been revealed a new design for the Wii Fit Trainer in the last Nintendo Direct, ¿should Smash's WFT get the new design or remain with the original one?. Personally, I would preffer the new one (she has a visible face and her skin color seems to fit better for SSB stages).

Whoa.

That's ugly. Really.

Like, need-to-still-be-serverly-drunk-when-waking-up-next-to-this-ugly.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord

Well I doubt they're going to overhaul her look now but she COULD get a wario style skin for that =P

Also for the cuts thing, I actually sort expect there to be a low amount of newcomers and 0-2 cuts

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Simple recolor, like Captain Falcon's Blood Falcon costume.

----

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pretty much. Only so much space and all. But it's the Model issue that hurts. As I mentioned, the Pikmin are all very small and take up little processing power on the screen. The other multi-model characters are a bit different in that regard. At least it means if we get Dixie, we can expect her as a separate character. Ice Climbers are up in the air, but since their moves are identical, it may be easier to program too. I only ultimately worry about PT since his model and the current Pokemon are entirely different and have a lot of animations, not to mention extremely detail models. The Pikmin are very tiny. PT himself? Not so much. He has enough details that may require more processing power. IC's does have the issue of the two models being very big.

So either of the multi-model characters have a chance of not coming in, and until Sakurai confirms them, ultimately, don't assume they will come back or will be cut. Either could happen at this point in development.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Sakurai saying "trying his best"

simply means "trying his best"

some of y'all need to stop twisting his words lol
I'm well aware of that, but it's nice to see that Sakurai cares about the fans and will try to please as many people as possible. Whether or not cuts will happen and, if they happen, how many characters will be cut is an entirely different story.

But, I'm not stating that there will be cuts, as if that was certain. Saying that there will be cuts is as foolish as saying there won't be any. Both possibilities can be considered for the time being.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
He's appeared in every generation of Pokemon, represents the main protagonist of the Pokemon games, has some of the most iconic and popular Pokemon, and can represent the Elite 4 and Champion so he's pretty important.
The pokemon themselves are more important than PT.

We mention PT because he's the only way to sneak 3 pokemon into one slot.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
The pokemon themselves are more important than PT.

We mention PT because he's the only way to sneak 3 pokemon into one slot.
Eeyup.

That's pretty much it. And it's the Class that's the main protagonist, regardless of what design PT has. So him being updated to a new design and new Pokemon would work just as well as bringing him back. Besides that, they didn't even bother to give PT some decent costumes(his Pokemon did, mostly, but that was it). He had a similar look to Brendan, and that's... it. I'm not saying he has to look like Leaf or May, but why not show costumes of Blue, Silver, Gold, and Ruby?(I forget, was it Ruby or Sapphire that was the male of Gen III's main cast?(remakes exclused))

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Eeyup.

That's pretty much it. And it's the Class that's the main protagonist, regardless of what design PT has. So him being updated to a new design and new Pokemon would work just as well as bringing him back. Besides that, they didn't even bother to give PT some decent costumes(his Pokemon did, mostly, but that was it). He had a similar look to Brendan, and that's... it. I'm not saying he has to look like Leaf or May, but why not show costumes of Blue, Silver, Gold, and Ruby?(I forget, was it Ruby or Sapphire that was the male of Gen III's main cast?(remakes exclused))
Brendan

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Brendan has dat bandana though. Very original design to compared to all other male Pokémon Trainers.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Brendan has dat bandana though. Very original design to compared to all other male Pokémon Trainers.
Well, I thought Palm-Tree Head in BW2 with his visor had a pretty unique design. Ehh...

Needless to say, I went with Rosa in that game. Hilda >>>>>>> Hilbert also.

Don't really think much will change my mind for XY either, since the male character is SUPER generic. I don't think that's what we're talking about though, so I'll stop!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
I've heard people suggest using N as the pokemon trainer too. No idea here. I could see just having alt costumes for the pkt so they could have costumes from all the series.

I also want to just make Falco an alternate costume for fox though, so maybe I shouldn't talk :p

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've heard people suggest using N as the pokemon trainer too. No idea here. I could see just having alt costumes for the pkt so they could have costumes from all the series.
One from each would be fun.

I also want to just make Falco an alternate costume for fox though, so maybe I shouldn't talk :p
To be fair, some still want Falco switched out for Krystal. Although honestly, that can be solved without a cut if Fox uses the Staff, Falco is unchanged, and Wolf gets further de-cloned.(he can keep many of his moves, but the Landmaster has to go regardless. Up B and Forward B could use some work. His B and Down B are fine)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Well, I thought Palm-Tree Head in BW2 with his visor had a pretty unique design. Ehh...

Needless to say, I went with Rosa in that game. Hilda >>>>>>> Hilbert also.

Don't really think much will change my mind for XY either, since the male character is SUPER generic. I don't think that's what we're talking about though, so I'll stop!
I'll point out one thing, the characters in the next game look to be VERY customizable outfit wise and such, so even if male has a generic base (he does... It's basically like the B/W guys with a boring haircut.) you can you know... Customize... So unless you just like playing as the girl in general there's not really much of a reason to.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
To be fair, some still want Falco switched out for Krystal. Although honestly, that can be solved without a cut if Fox uses the Staff, Falco is unchanged, and Wolf gets further de-cloned.(he can keep many of his moves, but the Landmaster has to go regardless. Up B and Forward B could use some work. His B and Down B are fine)
I gotta admit they did a very good job making Wolf less of a clone, he really does have unique stuff. I know people like Falco but unless he can at least hit Wolf levels of unique I just hate that he's taking up a spot when we could maybe have the cool staff stuff.

Though I 100% agree that landmaster crud HAS to go.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
While we are on the subject of Pokemon, I would like to raise a very important issue. I have irrefutable proof that Mewtwo's Final Smash cannot cause him to evolve, which also poses a philosophical dilemma.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
the day that the playable trainers wear their snapbacks backwards like Ash

is the day I will come out of retirement as a Pokemon Trainer

lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I gotta admit they did a very good job making Wolf less of a clone, he really does have unique stuff. I know people like Falco but unless he can at least hit Wolf levels of unique I just hate that he's taking up a spot when we could maybe have the cool staff stuff.

Though I 100% agree that landmaster crud HAS to go.
I like Krystal, but I like Falco too. I'd prefer to have 4, but I know Krystal is not liked worldwide and the other 3 are much more popular. I wouldn't cut anyone beyond my own personal wishlist. If I'm taking other people into account, making all of them unique is a good move. I have an idea though; Fox's entrance could have Krystal giving him the staff than going away.

@Quilt: Second image doesn't seem to work... at the time I'm posting this message.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Did I miss anything?

Also-

While we are on the subject of Pokemon, I would like to raise a very important issue. I have irrefutable proof that Mewtwo's Final Smash cannot cause him to evolve, which also poses a philosophical dilemma.

The Philosoraptor is my favorite meme. I really hope more Smash related Philosoraptor pics turn up after Smash 4 is released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom