• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
K.Rool, Isaac and Mewtwo still have Ridley beat in all those categories for me John.
Mewtwo isn't a newcomer.

As for the other two, those are the only two I won't argue over. I don't see anyone more unique than K. Rool, Isaac, or Ridley potentially.

K. Rool and Isaac I definitely think would have more unique moves than Ridley. However, I think Ridley's style would be much more unique than K. Rool's style, and a bit more unique than Isaac's style.
I might never understand the hype for Roy in P:M, he's still Marth's clone for crying out loud.
Because people have been dying to play as a stronger Marth that is actually functional, and because he has several new or heavily changed moves.

Also, because Project M is amazing. Oh, and because it will be coming out this year, and because he just looks like a BAMF.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I apology lol

I was always mostly a Mario Kart fan
No need for an apology. Just a comment I made. Guess you could also take it as a complement though in a way. lol

Hmm... I do admit I enjoy Crash Team Racing too...

I always enjoyed how simple and intelligent getting the boosts while skidding was in that game unlike Mario Kart where it was horrendous.
Yeah, I give DKR some points in that regard, though easily prefer Mario Kart in other areas, like say the powerups... Even as cool as DKR's system was with the upgradeable powerups, which was also kind of annoying at times when waiting to get a seeker missile or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DKR is the only racing game that's mentioned that's not an item cluster****.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I really do not care who gets in lol as long as Roy, Mewtwo and Little Mac get in
Little Mac doesn't terribly excite me, but the first two do. I thought they were very fun characters in Melee, and hey, at least they were planned for Brawl. As much as I'd love every planned character from every game in For, I know that won't happen. Some clones I'm okay with never coming in(look Toon Zelda and Toon Sheik), but Roy is another story. He can be unique, and he's not nearly the same person as his counterpart.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
DKR is the only racing game that's mentioned that's not an item cluster****.
That's part of what makes Mario Kart fun though (at least for me), not knowing what to expect with items. With DKR it's more predictable with some players, waiting to get a powerup upgraded before finally using it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I can respect that opinion. I just like random chance more when it comes to racers, since with it, you're not always guaranteed to win 1st place (or less likely) no matter how good you are. Kinda balances it out between the veterans and less experienced players.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think the DKR items are a lottt more balanced to.

DKR was hardcore man.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A certain character I feel should be better if left out has no Down B either.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Up the butt. :troll:

PT I care little about, truthfully. I found him interesting in Brawl, but beyond that, I think he's probably on lower priority until the multiple model issues is fixed(or to be clear, when we're told its fixed, not assume fixed). Also, if the original Pokemon were kept and he somehow did come back, only Mega Charizard would appear. There's options for the other two. It's not impossible to have 3 different Final Smashes. As long as I don't have to go through All-Star 3 times ending with one of each to get all 3 Trophies, multiple different Final Smashes for one slot is fine with me.(I get that ZSS/Samus having Final Smashes meant beating in twice, with one of each, but that was a pretty bad reasoning for Zelda/Sheik, especially when their FS is identical. :facepalm:)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Cutting Pokémon Trainer is more acceptable than cutting Sheik? Whoa...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pikachu
Fairypuff
Charizard (Mega)
Mewtwo (X/Y)
Lucario / Zoroark / Meowth / Sylveon / ect.

Would do me just fine. Hell, cut the fifth slot and I'd still be uber happy if I can play as Fairypuff and Mewtwo Y form. X form is ****ing stupid.

Cutting Pokémon Trainer is more acceptable than cutting Sheik? Whoa...

Definitely more probable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, people's stupidity is. This hurts my brain far more than his afternoon's hangover...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Pokemon Trainer being cut over Shiek:
Me: Pokemon has a lot of characters, and has seen a lot of cuts in the past.

Shiek being cut over Pokemon Trainer:
You:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How about no cuts? That would be win-win for everyone, I suppose...

Heh, not that it matters much in the end. Cuts or no cuts, I believe that SSB4 will be an enjoyable game. The butthurt over cut characters, should cuts happen, will be enjoyable to watch, as will the butthurt over characters that didn't make the cut.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Jesus, Diddy... Fine, cut both PT and Shiek. They both suck as reps and characters overall. Plus it may help Zelda afterwards.

To be honest, I don't care who's cut. Every SSB game has had a character I liked. With Mega Man confirmed already, I'm just waiting for this game to be released.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
why do people care so much about cuts lol

I don't wanna see cuts happen more than anyone

but I mean, it's not my game nor my decision

I've learned not to base my expectations on a game based on my personal wants, as there is no way I can be satisfied that way

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
people are babies. That's why.

cuts is habbening.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
How about no cuts? That would be win-win for everyone, I suppose...
Unfortunately, since we already had one actual cut, Pichu, and Sakurai isn't entirely sure everybody can return, that is sadly a very unlikely option.

Heh, not that it matters much in the end. Cuts or no cuts, I believe that SSB4 will be an enjoyable game. The butthurt over cut characters, should cuts happen, will be enjoyable to watch, as will the butthurt over characters that didn't make the cut.
Indeed. I'll sit back and watch as we get at least one more Pokemon switchout, which at least won't be Pikachu or Jigglypuff. I can't see a single worthwhile Zelda-series change besides updated variations of the same character.

I'd accept Impa only under 3 circumstances; Her own slot(with no cuts), Fat!Impa as her own slot(again, no cuts), or teamed up with Young/Toon Zelda. Any other ways is a "No way, jose".

@AuraSage: Nope. Toon Link has not been mentioned at all. He has confirmed that he won't add any character from a Fighting game that is similar to one currently in Smash. What this means for other clones already in Smash... is unknown. It slightly suggests he may be working towards de-cloning characters though(or removing them altogether, but these are just theories based upon the actual information, which are plausible, since his only full cut was... a clone). Ice Climbers, basically, have not been confirmed yet and he said he had trouble with multiple Models on the screen. But he already confirmed Olimar & Pikmin, who have multiple Models(although there may only be 3 at once from what we can tell, since they're never shown with more so far, and that they're very small Models), so it's fair to guess he may have fixed the issue.

Or to put it another way, no cuts have been confirmed at all. Or characters that are absolutely never coming in. Toad is close, since he was shown as Peach's Neutral B. Again. But Sakurai also stated movesets were not finalized, so the mushroom has a chance. Small, but it's there.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Trying his best in Sakurai's words...

Half of Brawl's roster is gone forever guys. Accept it.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Pikachu
Fairypuff
Charizard (Mega)
Mewtwo (X/Y)
Lucario / Zoroark / Meowth / Sylveon / ect.

Would do me just fine. Hell, cut the fifth slot and I'd still be uber happy if I can play as Fairypuff and Mewtwo Y form. X form is ****ing stupid.

Definitely more probable.
Just having charizard... OK. For the record I ****ing HATE the idea of blaziken as a fighter in smash as well. Because seriously, starter bias sucks ESPECIALLY when it's my least favorite of the 3! (see: Every fire starter in existence. Though I will say I think Fennekin is currently better then chespin but we'll see how the final evos pan out... And I'm a bit torn on cyndaquil vs chikorita as well... BUT THOSE ARE THE ONLY EXCEPTIONS!) We might as well cut mega charizard and keep in lucario (I don't like Lucario that much but he's more likely then Sylveon and co.) any way. We don't need more then one character in smash that represents mega evolutions, and mewtwo fits the bill just fine.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Okay, here's a direct quote from Sakurai on cuts:

"HAHAHAHAH! Little butthurt internet peepz LAWL do you even lift? Cutting all yur favs!"

Wait...

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Magnet Man Ft. Katy B - Perfect Stranger

That's all I think of when I see your name. One look and I'm rolling ****ing balls.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Trying his best in Sakurai's words...

Half of Brawl's roster is gone forever guys. Accept it.
Such a logical conclusion. :rolleyes:

Many of the Brawl characters are simply too iconic to be removed without causing massive backslash and Sakurai is well aware of that. While I'm not denying the fact that cuts may happen, I'm not denying that it's possible that cuts won't happen at all.

While Sakurai stated during Brawl's development that there would be cuts, this time he stated he's trying to avoid them as best as possible while warning for such eventuality. It's an entirely different mindset.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Such a logical conclusion. :rolleyes:

Many of the Brawl characters are simply too iconic to be removed without causing massive backslash and Sakurai is well aware of that. While I'm not denying the fact that cuts may happen, I'm not denying that it's possible that cuts won't happen at all.

While Sakurai stated during Brawl's development that there would be cuts, this time he stated he's trying to avoid them as best as possible while warning for such eventuality. It's an entirely different mindset.

Many.

Not every.

I still think up to 5 cuts is reasonable though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom