• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
You have no idea how lucky you are. XD

Anyway, my favorites in order are 64 > Melee > Brawl. It's entirely a coincidence that it's release order, but I am a huge n64 fan. >_>
yeah haha

64 was my very first Nintendo game, and the first game I ever looked up on the internet

I first played that when I was about 5 or 6, I think? my childhood friends owned a 64 at the time and we would always play that

my first knowledge of anything Nintendo-related was Pokemon though, I didn't even know who Mario or DK or Link were until I played Smash 64

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
First Nintendo things I ever found out about were Pokemon (thanks to the anime) and Mario thanks to Luigi's Mansion, which was one of the first games I ever played.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I might never understand the hype for Roy in P:M, he's still Marth's clone for crying out loud.

Like give him an unique moveset and then we can talk. (Not in P:M possibly but in SSB-series in general).

Smash Power

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
I might never understand the hype for Roy in P:M, he's still Marth's clone for crying out loud.

Like give him an unique moveset and then we can talk. (Not in P:M possibly but in SSB-series in general).

Smash Power

Son you will see my excitement when you look at my poster info. And also cause Melee broke on me (I lost my memory card) .

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Super Mario Bros. was the first video game I played that I can remember. It was awesome. My first system was the Sega Genesis(as it was called where I lived). And then I saw Sonic in Brawl many years later. Hell yes.

Despite Brawl being not that great, imo, it still has one of the best characters list ever. Everybody was a great choice, as were the characters that didn't make it in(Dixie Kong, Dr. Mario, Roy, Mewtwo, Toon Zelda, Toon Sheik, Plusle & Minun). Would've loved them too.(Plusle & Minun may or may not have actually existed, but the rest are clear as day and were planned at one point)

I'm really hoping that For brings in some really neat characters, and at least Mewtwo and Roy. Dr. Mario I would love back, but I wouldn't mind avoiding any clones as much as possible, and while I know the Doc can be unique, unlike with Roy, I don't see it happening very easily. Well, besides F.L.U.D.D. being a different move for him. :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I didn't know what to do with myself for like months lol when I first found out that there was not only a new Nintendo system with a new Smash game, but Sonic was in it too

I had never even come close to imagining him being in the game before it ended up happening, and then Wario was in the game too?!?! It was over lol it was like, I had to get that game some kinda way

after like the 5th grade, I pretty much gave up on gaming entirely for a couple of years and switched to movies and box office as my hobby (I still was into Pokemon though)

Brawl revived the gamer within me for a few years lol

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sonic. He makes you want to get this game. Fast.

No, I don't know where I'm going with this. :awesome:

And yeah, Pokemon is fun. I always enjoyed most of the Yugioh video games. They have their problems(lame glitches, oy) but are fun to make odd decks. And use codes so you don't lose. :p

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I love Pokemon to pieces lol

it's my favorite Nintendo series, and honestly, probably my favorite gaming series

I wouldn't play it now though, only because I don't have the patience to play Pokemon or the passion to play games like I used to

but Pokemon Emerald is my favorite game of all time probably

I remember taking and playing Emerald on my 8th grade field trip to ATL, it's one of my most cherished moments in my life honestly, that trip

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Alright guys, that's enough randomness for the night.

Back on the topic of Smash 4, what character from Brawl would you give a moveset revamp for Smash 4?
Tewn Wink.

I don't like total revamps of a character's moveset, but since Young Link is the original Link clone, I'll give an exception for Toon Link.

I mean, he's almost the same as Young Link, so couldn't they have just made him the same character as Young Link, but with a different design much like how normal Link changed designs between Melee and Brawl?

Replacing a character with another character that is almost the same is odd.
I... guess it's like replacing Shiek with Impa, but giving her Shiek's moves.

Anyway:

Add the abillity to crawl.

B: floaty Hero's Bow like in Brawl but with random chances of getting Ice Arrows or (weak) Light Arrows.
Side B: Skull Hammer
Up B: Deku Leaf. Blows a strong gust of wind forward when used on land but acts as a recovery when used in the air.
Down B: Bombchu (Bombchus were a dungeon item in Phantom Hourglass and I wanted to keep the Mulan-styled explosion effects)
Final Smash: Either the Hurricane Spin or a storm/wind attack made by the Wind Waker.

----

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Replacing a character with another character that is almost the same is odd.
I... guess it's like replacing Shiek with Impa, but giving her Shiek's moves.

Both Young and Toon Link are a Child Link. It's nowhere near the same thing as changing Sheik out with Impa.

Also, OOT Adult Link got replaced with TP Link. The only difference between the YL to TL changes was the name wasn't changed. It's the exact same scenario.

Replacing someone with practically the same person(and just a new design) is all that's happened so far. Pichu didn't really get replaced either. Nor did Roy or Dr. Mario, contrary to some beliefs. The thing about Pichu is that we never got a Plusle & Minun, nor do we know for sure if they ever existed or were planned. It's not clear.

Thus, nobody got replaced with an entirely different character using the same or near identical moveset once in the history of Smash(of the playable characters).

Or to put it another way, what you just said never actually happened. Like, ever. So don't worry about the Sheik to Impa thing. It never happened as of this time. And at this point? Probably never will.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
Personally I want TL's normals to be more like the sword combos he has in Wind Waker.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Personally I want TL's normals to be more like the sword combos he has in Wind Waker.
Same. Definitely could use improvement. Assuming he comes back, anyway. Classic Link(A Link Between Worlds) is the newest design. He could come in instead, and using Toon Ganondorf would be a good excuse for two swords and a unique moveset instead of still being a bit of a clone.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Not before DKCR3 with Rare-styled tagteams, Diddy and Dixie being fully playable with Kremlings and K.Rool.

Know that I'll have the biggest fun in the history of the universe though if Impa gets to be in Smash. So before you deny it so bad, consider that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Whoa, long time there ASage! What's good? Still hoping for Victini?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would love a new Metroid, but I would like it if the art style was more reminiscent of the Japanese Metroid games. It's just in my opinion that the style for the game ages a bit better. Still, the monster designs in the Prime trilogy were amazing.

I would love if we got a non FPA Metroid from Retro that worked closely with the Japanese side for THE East meets West Metroid game. At least with Retro being involved, we won't run into that cultural barrier that Other M had.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Retro should do:

2.5D Metroid
3D Donkey Kong Country
I would rather see another 3D non FPA Metroid first. There was potential in Other M's design, but the easy mode dodging (needs to be nerfed), auto-aim, the funky view shift, and the linear design hurt things. If they can better bring in the more famous aspects from Super, I think there would be a large improvement.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Something like an improved Other M would work really well yeah. And DKC is in serious need of a propper 3D title.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Too bad even Rare doesn't seem to care about him... :/

This is one of those moments I feel this Earth is quite damn homosexual.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Too bad even Rare doesn't seem to care about him... :/

This is one of those moments I feel this Earth is quite damn homosexual.

Not to butter you up, buy Diddy Kong racing also needs a comeback.

Rare is in such a sad state now... Does nintendo have rights to Conker or Diddy Kong racing? I'd be sweet to see them come back though I doubt they'd ever do it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I'd like to see Perfect Dark and Banjo Kazooie content in Smash.

The Promimity Mine and Cloaking Device from Perfect Dark were actually items in SSBM, but the Cloaking Device was removed for Brawl 'cause Rare wasn't a second-party company anymore at the time.

The mine design was changed in the U.S. version of Melee to reflect Goldeneye 007, but was changed again in Brawl presumably for the same reason the Cloaking Device was removed.

They could fit Conker (his Bad Fur Day version) in Smash, but they'd have to remove his drunk pissing attack and "adult" stuff, which would take a lot out of his character.

@Capps. Pretty sure Conker is third-party.
If I recall, the only things Nintendo bought from Rare were Donkey Kong stuff.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
More like Microsoft said "lolno".

Wait, my question was dumb: Microsoft made them remake Conker's game, derpa derp I bet Nintendo couldn't and wouldn't wanna use him anyways

They could fit Conker (his Bad Fur Day version) in Smash, but they'd have to remove his drunk pissing attack and "adult" stuff, which would take a lot out of his character.
Why would they do that! I want a crazy horny drunk in Smash! :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
They don't have rights to Conker no obviously. Conker's last game was his N64 game ported to XBox. Nintendo can't use any other racers from DKR either, only Krunch as he's a Kremling and of coarse the Kongs. Unless it's made by Rare of coarse, which won't likely happen.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
They don't have rights to Conker no obviously. Conker's last game was his N64 game ported to XBox. Nintendo can't use any other racers from DKR either, only Krunch as he's a Kremling and of coarse the Kongs. Unless it's made by Rare of coarse, which won't likely happen.

Sad... I STILL play DKR over Mario Kart today because it's just that much better to me. Such a shame that that'll just rot over at Microsoft.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom