• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

This video alone proves how stupid all Ridley haters can truly be.
Shokio is the exact kind of idiot that lead me to being involved with the youtube video project I am involved with.

Seriously, this youtube project is gonna be mad hype if me and the people I am involved with can get it off the ground and flying.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Alright guys, that's enough randomness for the night.

Back on the topic of Smash 4, what character from Brawl would you give a moveset revamp for Smash 4?

I'd do so much to Link;
Completely revamp the Bow, Bombs, heck, even the Clawshot. Little things like Side Smash would be the short hop slash from the 3D games, stuff like that.
I'd also probably get greedy and give him alternative movesets.
Oh, and a new FS of course. I would totally change Generic Slash to something bad as a like the Mortal Draw.

Plus new aerials, like maybe back air could be a whip with the Whip.
And of course I'd completely re-adjust his speed and weight.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Why is everyone trolling TumblrFamous now? :confused:

Anyways, it's best to not give much attention to whatever happens here. Mario & Sonic Guy specifically alloted this thread for the random derp.

Change side special to skyward strike or just revert it to the N64 Boomerang

..... Do I have to say it for the up special? IMPROVE THE DAMN RECOVERY DISTANCE

Bombs are cool and all. I hope it gets reverted to the N64 version because I found it fun just leaving bombs around the area and kicking them around

Bow and arrow needs more KO potential and knockback plus increase the distance covered by an uncharged arrow. It does NOT have to be aimable.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Back on the topic of Smash 4, what character from Brawl would you give a moveset revamp for Smash 4?
The character in my avatar.

- Up B would be the Deku Leaf.
- The spin attack would be his down smash (which is what it does in the games)
- The grappling Hook could replace the Hookshot or maybe not.
- Give him Young Link's fire arrows.
- He could have a different Jab combo (what he does in Wind Waker on repeatedly pressing B)
- His Project M dash attack.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

MetaKnight. So he'd be still good, but far weaker. Nerf him a decent amount, say... how Sheik went from Melee to Brawl. Somewhere around there.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Change side special to skyward strike or just revert it to the N64 Boomerang

..... Do I have to say it for the up special? IMPROVE THE DAMN RECOVERY DISTANCE

Bombs are cool and all. I hope it gets reverted to the N64 version because I found it fun just leaving bombs around the area and kicking them around

Bow and arrow needs more KO potential and knockback plus increase the distance covered by an uncharged arrow. It does NOT have to be aimable.
I would change B to Beam or 'Skyward Strike', actually.
Side B is now either the Bow or Boomerang;
In the air, Link throws the boomerang and it goes normally.
On the ground, Link uses the Bow and auto-aims onto the enemy. Kinda like Soul Caliber II. If there's no one within the target area, it should work the same way it does now.
Bombs NEED TO BE LAID DAMMIT. Imagine the mind games and setups that could be made. So, Down B is to pick a bomb, and from there it acts normal unless you press Down B again, in which link places the bomb down.
As for the Spin Attack, it should be either diagonal or vertically focused; preferably diagonal. Since I would lighten up Link at the start, his recovery would definitely be better.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Sonic

- The Sonic Eagle as his meteor smash
- Faster attack speed
- just a little more power
- Some flare to his moves like homing attack poses

Basically what I'm saying is make Smash 4 Sonic like Project M Sonic haha, maybe an elemental shield attack or something they didn't do though. I have many Sonic moveset concept ideas from being the huge fan of the hog that I am.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

Out of the Brawl newcomers or the whole cast?
The newcomers can all be changed to some degree.

R.O.B. - Something not boring.
Wario - More Wario Land stuff and burn the motorcycle or make it more useful.
Meta Knight - Get rid of the transcendent priority on his moves and rebalance him - that's pretty much it.
Zero Suit Samus - PM Zamus was really good, but I'd like to see more acrobatic moves and less of the whip. I'd love to see a Shinespark inspired Arrow Kick and the Hooligan Combination from PM.
Lucas - He should be made to be more stat boosting oriented.
Lucario - Revamp the Aura mechanic. Make his taunts be moves that build up the power in his specials ala Guilty Gear's Jam.
Diddy - Not much needs to be done. Just something about the bananas. Like make it to where they disappear after one slip.
Toon Link - Some of the attacks in his PM incarnation are nice like the jump in strike. The ability to parry moves like in WW would be nice.
Ike - IDK honestly.
Wolf - Change up his specials to something more unique.
Pit - Already seen more or less
Olimar - We know nothing other than that he might be limited to three and that he's bigger.
Dedede - As more of a system change, address his chain grabs first or turn them into a tech chase like Balanced Brawl.
Pokemon Trainer - Get rid of stamina first and foremost. From there, either let them go solo or change up the mechanics to them where they function more like a tag team in the middle of combos and oki setups.
Sonic - Less boring.
Snake - Fix his hitbox, replace his FSmash.

I agree with everything Kuma said except for Snake. I need those hitboxes for I am a Snake main. Don't take it away. Lol. Dat U-tilt and F-tilt

But yeah, F-smash needs to go.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Out of the Brawl newcomers or the whole cast?
The newcomers can all be changed to some degree.

R.O.B. - Something not boring.
Wario - More Wario Land stuff and burn the motorcycle or make it more useful.
Meta Knight - Get rid of the transcendent priority on his moves and rebalance him - that's pretty much it.
Zero Suit Samus - PM Zamus was really good, but I'd like to see more acrobatic moves and less of the whip. I'd love to see a Shinespark inspired Arrow Kick and the Hooligan Combination from PM.
Lucas - He should be made to be more stat boosting oriented.
Lucario - Revamp the Aura mechanic. Make his taunts be moves that build up the power in his specials ala Guilty Gear's Jam.
Diddy - Not much needs to be done. Just something about the bananas. Like make it to where they disappear after one slip.
Toon Link - Some of the attacks in his PM incarnation are nice like the jump in strike. The ability to parry moves like in WW would be nice.
Ike - IDK honestly.
Wolf - Change up his specials to something more unique.
Pit - Already seen more or less
Olimar - We know nothing other than that he might be limited to three and that he's bigger.
Dedede - As more of a system change, address his chain grabs first or turn them into a tech chase like Balanced Brawl.
Pokemon Trainer - Get rid of stamina first and foremost. From there, either let them go solo or change up the mechanics to them where they function more like a tag team in the middle of combos and oki setups.
Sonic - Less boring.
Snake - Fix his hitbox, replace his FSmash.
I personally didn't find R.O.B. boring. It'd be interesting if he had a few more things involved with older Nintendo games though.

While I agree that Lucario's aura mechanic should be revamped, I personally found his moveset to be dull.

I fully agree on Toon Link.

And yeah, agreed on Snake. Is hitbox is quite glitchy, and that's one of the reasons why I dislike fighting Snake.

Regarding Shokio's video. I have no idea what he was talking about so yeah, felt stupid.

Anyway, if Ridley does not get in, it will probably be because he's (Or Sakurai finds him) awkward which he isn't just for those Ridley fans who were about to hound me.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Regarding Shokio's video. I have no idea what he was talking about so yeah, felt stupid.

Anyway, if Ridley does not get in, it will probably be because he's (Or Sakurai finds him) awkward which he isn't just for those Ridley fans who were about to hound me.
Ridley;s not awkward

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Oh, a Ridley topic. Where is everyone's favorite little sidekick of Donkey Kong's to tell us that we're all delusional for still supporting him in any way, even if some like me think he may most likely be a hazard?

Oh, a Ridley topic. Where is everyone's favorite little sidekick of Donkey Kong's to tell us that we're all delusional for still supporting him in any way, even if some like me think he may most likely be a hazard?
Hm? Don't remember him saying that >_>

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I saw toys of these at walmart

and I lost faith in humanity

I wonder if there is already rule 34>

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
My sig is teasing something....

WHAT COULD IT BE?!?!?

Discuss!

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
It's being quite calm now tho- Not too hyped still here even if the game looks good here and there so far.

No, don't try to tell me why I should. I'll see for that myself. Just my opinion.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh, I bet someone did. >_>

Then again, the hype kind of hurt a lot of Brawl for me. I didn't find the hype accurate to the final product. Game was still good, but not as notorious as the hype suggests.
I actually didn't even know Brawl existed until months after it already came out lol (crazy I know, right)

so I missed out on all the hype for it

Brawl is actually somewhat nostalgiac for me, since it came out during arguably the last (possibly even the happiest) years of my childhood (middle school)

Melee will always be my favorite though

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I actually didn't even know Brawl existed until months after it already came out lol (crazy I know, right)

so I missed out on all the hype for it

Brawl is actually somewhat nostalgiac for me, since it came out during arguably the last (possibly even the happiest) years of my childhood (middle school)

Melee will always be my favorite though
You have no idea how lucky you are. XD

Anyway, my favorites in order are 64 > Melee > Brawl. It's entirely a coincidence that it's release order, but I am a huge n64 fan. >_>

Oddyesy

Smash Ace
NNID
Oddyesy
nobody said you had to be maximum hype mode lol
YOU DO FOR ROY IN P:M

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I think I creamed my pants again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom