• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

How the **** is Pokemon trainer gonna deal with megas?

I guess we should cut them :D
Worst come to worst, I see them cutting Squirtle and Ivysaur but keeping Charizard. Can't really imagine Sakurai cutting Charizard because of his Godzilla-level popularity.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Worst come to worst, I see them cutting Squirtle and Ivysaur but keeping Charizard. Can't really imagine Sakurai cutting Charizard because of his Godzilla-level popularity.
I'd love Totodile/Grovyle/Charizard myself.

Of course, the number of Pokemon just aren't the issue anyway.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Charizard getting the boot would be a travesty.

That would mean we were potentially robbed of an epic matchup: Zard vs Ridley battle of the 2 most badass pseudo-dragons in Nintendo history.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I believe I established this but that would really piss me off
I'd love Totodile/Grovyle/Charizard myself.

Of course, the number of Pokemon just aren't the issue anyway.
Grovyle playable... **** yeah.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
How about no cuts? That would be win-win for everyone, I suppose...

Heh, not that it matters much in the end. Cuts or no cuts, I believe that SSB4 will be an enjoyable game.
A lot of people said that about Brawl, and over half of 'em who said that here on Smash Boards about Brawl were disappointed.

I won't trust Sakurai again just yet until he makes a game that isn't fill with bags and bags and bags of crap and terrible ideas like Brawl.
How the **** is Pokemon trainer gonna deal with megas?

I guess we should cut them :D
Nah, let's just Project M-efy them, make the switch between Pokémon faster, and maybe move the switch button to a taunt button or something (at least for Smash Wii U).

Also, we don't need any Megas. Megas don't really belong in Smash as anything other than a Final Smash (which no one who matters uses).

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I believe I established this but that would really piss me off

Grovyle playable... **** yeah.
Contradictory message, no? :p

But seriously there's some neat alternate options. I mean, I like PT's current lineup. Don't get me wrong. I wish there were more space for characters, because honestly, I'd love multiple Trainers. My idea is one Male, one Female.(each has various costumes)

So, the male could be having a base costume of Red's design, with Totodile/Grovyle/Charizard.(which happens to be what Ash had, but eh, this isn't weird, since a lot of Pokemon that got in just happen to be what Ash used or met in canon or the movies)

Female is more difficult. Gen IV/V/VI Pokemon, of the Starters. Not honestly sure, really. Piplup is heavily popular, I admit. No idea for VI, but that's lack of information at the moment. V, hmm... I admit I do like the entire Pignite line. It helps he stays humanoid throughout, unlike the Water and Grass choices. It also could mirror PT's original team a bit. Servine is also neat if we want to go with the same evolution list. Emboar does look pretty cool too and would work. I do like Quilladin as well. Well, I'd like to wait till we see Fennekin's final evolution. Because I won't lie, I've liked every final Fire Starter form so far besides Gen II at best.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Contradictory message, no? :p

But seriously there's some neat alternate options. I mean, I like PT's current lineup. Don't get me wrong. I wish there were more space for characters, because honestly, I'd love multiple Trainers. My idea is one Male, one Female.(each has various costumes)

So, the male could be having a base costume of Red's design, with Totodile/Grovyle/Charizard.(which happens to be what Ash had, but eh, this isn't weird, since a lot of Pokemon that got in just happen to be what Ash used or met in canon or the movies)

Female is more difficult. Gen IV/V/VI Pokemon, of the Starters. Not honestly sure, really. Piplup is heavily popular, I admit. No idea for VI, but that's lack of information at the moment. V, hmm... I admit I do like the entire Pignite line. It helps he stays humanoid throughout, unlike the Water and Grass choices. It also could mirror PT's original team a bit. Servine is also neat if we want to go with the same evolution list. Emboar does look pretty cool too and would work. I do like Quilladin as well. Well, I'd like to wait till we see Fennekin's final evolution. Because I won't lie, I've liked every final Fire form so far besides Gen II at best.
Maybe, but it's more along the lines of: Starters come in trios, Fire, Grass, and Water. Using them any differently would sort of destroy the point even if 80% of the fans pick fire -_- It doesn't matter WHO represents the other starter types but they SHOULD be represented. Also for your idea, Piplup is popular but I'd see Infernape as a viable choice too even if I hate him XD also Grotle could make a good Ivysaur equivalent.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Just give us a female and male trainer look and call it a day. Making those cheap PS3 graphic models on the Wii U can't be that hard (no offense, but as good as Smash Wii U's lighting looks, the graphics are gonna be 2 to 4 years outdated by the time this thing comes out unless they drastically improve).
Command & Conquer was one of the greatest RTS series that got ruined when the company that made them, Westwood Studios, was acquired by EA.

But, there's no use complaining. All we can do is accept the facts, since we cannot change anything regarding such things...
There is a use protesting by not buying it, playing it, or doing anything with it but complaining and protesting about the changes.

Also, anyone else notice that sans Battlefield, Sim Crappy City, the Outdated Sims, and Medal of Terrible Honor are the only non-sports games that EA really makes anymore=???

Oh, and EA definitely ruined Sim City since they got the rights to that. I swear, if they ever get the rights to Civilization... I will have so much RAGE!!! :mad:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pokémon Trainer should go all-in with the concept. Evolutions, and actually picking a starter. Bulbasaur -> Ivysaur -> Venusaur, Charmander -> Charmeleon -> Charizard and Squirtle -> Wartortle -> Blastoise and now all full playable, with evolution gimmicks. All under 1 character: Pokémon Trainer. 9 in 1 is so much more badass than 3 in one anyway. :cool:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Maybe, but it's more along the lines of: Starters come in trios, Fire, Grass, and Water. Using them any differently would sort of destroy the point even if 80% of the fans pick fire -_- It doesn't matter WHO represents the other starter types but they SHOULD be represented. Also for your idea, Piplup is popular but I'd see Infernape as a viable choice too even if I hate him XD also Grotle could make a good Ivysaur equivalent.
That's entirely what I was suggesting. The Teams would be Starters of Grass/Water/Fire. No exceptions. I like the idea of showing off all 6 Gens at once, thus also allowing any other Pokemon to be playable without worry of overrepping a Gen. I don't care if most of them are Gen I. No reason not to reference a bit of the other five Gens, you know? Smash Bros. is all about representation of series, so having the most references possible is a good thing.

It's why I loved it when Pichu was in Melee. Sure, he was kind of eh, but it was fun to see more than Gen I at the time. It's part of why Brawl's lineup slightly disappointed me. Only one new Generation Pokemon. Rest were all Gen I. Well, Trainer himself used a Gen III design, but I'm referring to the Pokemon specifically.(and yeah, notably, it seems a lot of their moves span across the first three Generations, but only for Pokemon Trainer's Pokemon. I thought it's a cool idea to rep them all in some way.) I prefer repping all six Generations through fully playable characters, but I can deal with lesser references like Stickers, Trophies, Pokeballs, and Moves/Costumes. It's not nearly as good, but it still gets the point across. Every Gen has its fans and catering to them all in some way is a good thing for everyone. :)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Just give us a female and male trainer look and call it a day. Making those cheap PS3 graphic models on the Wii U can't be that hard (no offense, but as good as Smash Wii U's lighting looks, the graphics are gonna be 2 to 4 years outdated by the time this thing comes out unless they drastically improve).

There is a use protesting by not buying it, playing it, or doing anything with it but complaining and protesting about the changes.

Also, anyone else notice that sans Battlefield, Sim Crappy City, the Outdated Sims, and Medal of Terrible Honor are the only non-sports games that EA really makes anymore=???

Oh, and EA definitely ruined Sim City since they got the rights to that. I swear, if they ever get the rights to Civilization... I will have so much RAGE!!! :mad:
For the graphics... That's the wii u way mah man. Honestly they're fine as far as I'm concerned. When it comes to a fighting game like this the characters don't need to be detailed they just need to be smooth and I think this game is accomplishing that.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Charizard getting the boot would be a travesty.

That would mean we were potentially robbed of an epic matchup: Zard vs Ridley battle of the 2 most badass pseudo-dragons in Nintendo history.
Not if a Death Battle of them ever happens. :awesome:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Well of course Dr. Mario isn't coming back, although at least he is more inspired than ROB or Pit were in Brawl. :awesome:
Why would you cut PT? It would be like cutting Marth or Link.
Unlike Link, the Pokémon Trainer, actually has a shot at being actually good, or at least the individual Pokémon (if the stamina system is removed).

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Not if a Death Battle of them ever happens. :awesome:
There's a decent chance Charizard might fight Greymon but that's besides the point (I doubt Charizard would be able to do much to Ridley. It's basically dragon vs dragon and Ridley's TOO ****ING BIG for Charizard)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Pikachu can take out Wailord.

Samus also isn't that much taller than Charizard.

Mega Evolution.

Yes, Charizard has a shot.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Regarding Shokio's video. I have no idea what he was talking about so yeah, felt stupid.

Anyway, if Ridley does not get in, it will probably be because he's (Or Sakurai finds him) awkward which he isn't just for those Ridley fans who were about to hound me.
I agree he isn't awkward, but if Sakurai and co isn't original enough to add Ridley, who is potentially more unique than any newcomer confirmed thus far, then they shouldn't be doing character design or choices.

Also, Sakurai is overrated. It's more about the game studio than it is the developer.
For the graphics... That's the wii u way mah man. Honestly they're fine as far as I'm concerned. When it comes to a fighting game like this the characters don't need to be detailed they just need to be smooth and I think this game is accomplishing that.
Well the Wii U isn't a lot weaker than the PS4 or the Xbox One, so why does it look a generation old so far=???

I've been saying it over and over, and people don't listen, but Smash Wii U isn't a game that will be released in 2014, unless it looks really outdated graphically and it is fairly incomplete.

I mean seriously, on the Miiverse page Sakurai is making excuses. Does that sound like a game that is a year away=???

If that happens, then this "develop two smash games at once" idea will have been a disaster, and honestly, it might be the end of the Sakurai era of smash, especially if the sales reflect this.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Pikachu can take out Wailord.

Samus also isn't that much taller than Charizard.

Mega Evolution.

Yes, Charizard has a shot.
Oh an electric type can take out a water type with 45 special defense >.> but seriously, **** pikachu and his bull **** feats that make no ****ing sense.

And for the Ridley thing... Ridley is twice the size still and obviously has a lot more physical prowess. I see no reason to believe fire would do **** to either of them and that mega evolution only affects his special attack... Again, Charizard vs Greymon, fairer matchup (unless greymon digivolves), death battle tweeted about it, etc. etc.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
To be honest, it will be hard for Smash to crash and burn on this release; however, if it does come out terribly made, a smash game after this could see bad sales.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
that's usually how it goes

bad word of mouth for a product won't really affect the product itself as much as the sequel/successor to it

spillover effect

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
To be honest, it will be hard for Smash to crash and burn on this release; however, if it does come out terribly made, a smash game after this could see bad sales.

If Smash 4 somehow ends up being bad I think I'd be done with this series for good considering that would make 2 Smash games in a row that ended up in disappointment.

Putting a ton of emotional/economical investment in a product that keeps letting you down in the end probably isn't the best way to live life.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
If Smash 4 somehow ends up being bad I think I'd be done with this series for good considering that would make 2 Smash games in a row that ended up in disappointment.

Putting a ton of emotional/economical investment in a product that keeps letting you down in the end probably isn't the best way to live life.
You probably wouldn't be the only one to have that thought process on that matter either.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
The way I see it smash 4 more then likely will just feel more like it's fixing most of the problems with brawl without expanding too much. The adventure mode sounds like it will underachieve but who cares about that, I'm not really confident there will be a large amount of newcomers, the graphics won't blow any one away but it will be able to meet wii u standards, the brawl engine will be fixed up a bit but probably won't satisfy the melee fans, and the online will actually be somewhat good this time which will raise the lasting appeal a bit for some. In short, I expect this game to be the definitive smash title for having few glaring flaws but maybe not as expansive of a game as some might of hoped.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
A lot rides on this game.

Like was Brawl's huge gaping issues more Sakurai and the returning developers' fault, was it Nintendo's (specifically Iwata's) fault for setting everything up, and/or was it Game Arts' fault=???

I tend to side more with the last two points, and I feel these two games will reveal who was responsible.

Still, I feel the 2014 release date for both games was pushed by Nintendo (stupidly).
I think some of Brawl's negative reaction might have effected sales if not for Melee's small yet dedicated scene being strangely very popular and loved by non-competitive players by the hundreds of thousands.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
People will appreciate the improved gameplay, whether they realize it or not. I mean, in the end the main reason Brawl felt weaker then Melee is because everything felt so slow and imbalanced.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I gotta admit they did a very good job making Wolf less of a clone, he really does have unique stuff. I know people like Falco but unless he can at least hit Wolf levels of unique I just hate that he's taking up a spot when we could maybe have the cool staff stuff.
Keeping veterans is cheaper, less time consuming, and easier (creatively, time-wise, graphically, design-wise, etc) to do.

Also, Falco is totally functioning as a playable character. Why would you cut one of the two dozen or so characters that have worked thus far=???

Let's cut crappy characters who don't function first... like Link, Zelda, Meta Knight, Lucario (lol generic), Rick Wheeler, Pit, R.O.B., etc.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
I think some of Brawl's negative reaction might have effected sales if not for Melee's small yet dedicated scene being strangely very popular and loved by non-competitive players by the hundreds of thousands.
True. It will probably take Melee faithfuls some time to buy Smash 4.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Precisely Metal, precisely.
People will appreciate the improved gameplay, whether they realize it or not. I mean, in the end the main reason Brawl felt weaker then Melee is because everything felt so slow and imbalanced.
The reason for that is because everything was so slow and unbalanced, as well as super lulzsy (random tripping, really=???)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom