• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

vicgur

Smash Ace
I always thought it was a joke... until I found the petition.
Exactly! It's a joke that people are taking too far.

If you want to jokingly use Reggie to fight Mario, sign a ****ing petition to add Mii to the ****ing game, godammit.
With Miis in the game, you can play as Reggie, Schwarzenegger, and even the mother ****ing Queen of England.
****, I'm pissed.

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
Hm, Namco is helping with this game, yes? I hope we see at least something, from Tekken or Soul Calibur. That would be cool.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
When he seriously gets in people are going to complain about how he took Ridley's spot. :laugh:
When comes to a game like Smash Bros complaining inevitable.
For every person happy for one character/feature's inclusion/cut there will be at least 2 butt-hurt people to complain.

The only people that are satisfied are people who can careless about characters
...Which is kind of weird for a game that is based around characters and their lure.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
Heres a question for all of you because i'm bored.

If you had to choose one of these guys that appeared in Project X Zone to appear in Smash who would you choose?
Original!Dante to make PSASBR fans mad. Hmmm, X as a Megaman clone? :troll: I think the one that would fit the most is Kite or Arthur. Otherwise, KOS-MOS for boobs cannon.

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think they'd fit.
If they put someone, I think it would be a more iconic character...
That could be true. However, they don't necessarily have to add a character from either of those games mentioned. It could be something like, maybe a battle stage, or BGM.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Don't worry, Hypnosis is useless against certain guys, even if they're sleep they will still continue fighting.
Actually true in real life as well, hypnosis doesn't work against (I think it was) 1/3 of people, and especially if they don't let you. People usually have to let go or be weak willed to be susceptible to hypnosis.
I wonder how that translates to Pokemon? Of course it's a move, and psychic moves can't do with having random Pokemon being randomly immune :p Especially if a psychic user gets in smash, imagine if some were randomly immune to Mewtwo's Down-B, he'd be even more low tier.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ugh, I'm seeing that petition to include Reggie in Smash everywhere.

Seriously, what the **** is wrong with you people!?
People take jokes we make seriously.

Poo (from EarthBound) pre-Melee was the joke supported character. People would joke "you can't deny the undeniable coolness of Poo." It was a funny joke... until people started to actually support Poo.

Pre-Brawl the joke character was the Duck Hunt Dog. We joked he could just laugh as all of his moves. Then fools came and supported him, taking the joke seriously, thus killing the joke, and not being real.

Now we have Reggie... which is essentially the equivalent of these two characters.

Groose could be in the same category (a joke) that people took seriously (from one of the 2 worst 3D Zelda games ever).

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I don't really think they'd fit.
If they put someone, I think it would be a more iconic character...
That could be true. However, they don't necessarily have to add a character from either of those games mentioned. It could be something like, maybe a battle stage, or BGM.
Unfortunately, Sakurai has stated that there will be no characters from other fighting games.
My dear Yoshimitsu-san. . . :(

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238

.....then came the PlayStation Move and Kinect years later. :troll:

Ironically enough, the creator of Kinect approached Nintendo first too, and they were rude to him. He then went to Microsoft.

Talk about deja vu.

Poo (from EarthBound) pre-Melee was the joke supported character. People would joke "you can't deny the undeniable coolness of Poo." It was a funny joke... until people started to actually support Poo.

Pre-Brawl the joke character was the Duck Hunt Dog. We joked he could just laugh as all of his moves. Then fools came and supported him, taking the joke seriously, thus killing the joke, and not being real.

Now we have Reggie... which is essentially the equivalent of these two characters.

Groose could be in the same category (a joke) that people took seriously (from one of the 2 worst 3D Zelda games ever).

I could have sworn Duck Hunt Dog support was legitimate, and the joke one was L-Tetris Block. :/

Then everyone and their mothers started supporting L-Block. It was ridiculous. Thankfully L-Block has more of a chance than Reggie.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Pre-Brawl the joke character was the Duck Hunt Dog. We joked he could just laugh as all of his moves. Then fools came and supported him, taking the joke seriously.

Before you know it, people will actually start supporting Dunsparce.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
are we still unsure if sakurai will be adding ice climbers in again or not?
Only the stupid people doubt them.
Huh. Nice. I wonder if it's just part of the already shown New Smashville or a different one.
We've seen footage of it, and it looks like the background of Smashville 2 (or whatever it will be called).

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately, Sakurai has stated that there will be no characters from other fighting games.
Ah, well, too bad then. I was really hoping to see at least Heihachi or something xD Well, I guess we just have to wait and see what Namco puts into SSB4 : /

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Before you know it, people will actually start supporting Dunsparce.
There was a support thread on GameFAQs and here before Brawl was released dude.

Seriously, you are about 6 years too late for that.

Never doubt the stupidity of humans.

Heck, there was a support group for just about every Pokémon. Now there is a support group for next to zero Pokémon.

prettynice

Smash Apprentice
Ah, well, too bad then. I was really hoping to see at least Heihachi or something xD Well, I guess we just have to wait and see what Namco puts into SSB4 : /

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Why would it be "at least Heiachi"? Honestly, I know that Namco is developing the game or whatever, but that honestly should not give them an automatic slot. If you have mostly underwhelming IP, you honestly don't deserve representation (Although who wouldn't want to see Ivy's rockin' **** in Smash4?).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Look on the bright side people, prettynice isn't at least ****ting up everything with mentioning Pac-man like it's the second coming of Christ or something.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Why would it be "at least Heiachi"? Honestly, I know that Namco is developing the game or whatever, but that honestly should not give them an automatic slot. If you have mostly underwhelming IP, you honestly don't deserve representation (Although who wouldn't want to see Ivy's rockin' **** in Smash4?).
But Ivy's pechas are too big to be in Super Smash Bros. :troll:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Look on the bright side people, prettynice isn't at least ****ting up everything with mentioning Pac-man like it's the second coming of Christ or something.
To be fair, compared to the newcomers Pit, Meta Knight, and ROB in Brawl, as well as veterans like Ganondorf, Captain Falcon, Link, Zelda, and Mario in Brawl, anything looks like the second coming of Christ.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
John, did you REALLY SERIOUSLY state that somehow Pac-man is more cool then META KNIGHT and CAPTAIN FALCON?

Get out, GET THE **** OUT!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John, did you REALLY SERIOUSLY state that somehow Pac-man is more cool then META KNIGHT and CAPTAIN FALCON?

Get out, GET THE **** OUT!
I meant compared to how awfully balanced and designed they are in Brawl, and how lackluster their play styles are.

Captain Falcon is literally just Melee Mewtwo with less offense and no recovery, and he is terrible to play as.

Meta Knight is a game breaker who destroys any bit of fun in that game.

If you don't see why I'd rather have freaking any character over those abominations I listed, you obviously never played as them or ever played Brawl.

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I think most people refer to the actual characters behind the play styles rather than the play style itself.

Captain Falcon is cool.
How Captain Falcon plays in Brawl is uncool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom