• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Characters I don't want:
Toad, Waluigi, Bowser Jr., Tetra/Toon Zelda, Toon Ganon, Zoroark, 2nd to 6th Gen starter themed Pokemon Trainers,
Any other Sonic character other than Sonic....or Tails, Paper Mario, Birdo, Baby Mario, Baby Luigi, Baby *insert Mario Character* etc...Daisy (and DISOF), Tingle and Tiki's from Donkey Kong Country: Returns.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
You do not have long to live in this world... Diddy Kong WILL find you, no matter how fast you run...

Also, why do people think FF characters even have a chance to get in?
There's nothing remotely interesting about Impa at all that makes her a great candidate. The moveset is already there and she'd be even worse than Falcon when it comes to clone moves. Not interested, especially if we're talking about replacing Zelda's stronger half.

Final Fantasy is an extremely iconic series. I simply listed the two popular choices that aren't terribly viable(they fit the criteria of appearing on a Nintendo system, but they aren't playable in those games at all, so we have no idea if Sakurai would even consider them.) Anyway, Sora's slightly more likely, but there's the Disney part... so paying a fee to two companies ain't worth it.

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
The funny thing is that, if I remember correctly, Cloud has only ever appeared in a Nintendo console once in KH: Chains of Memories for the GBA.

Final Fantasy is an extremely iconic series. I simply listed the two popular choices that aren't terribly viable(they fit the criteria of appearing on a Nintendo system, but they aren't playable in those games at all, so we have no idea if Sakurai would even consider them.) Anyway, Sora's slightly more likely, but there's the Disney part... so paying a fee to two companies ain't worth it.
What about Zelda, Sheik and Ganondorf? :troll:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Impa was in the most overrated Zelda game of all-time (at best a mid-tier Zelda game) on the most overrated Nintendo console ever (Skyward Sword and the Wii).

Can we at least get back Impa in the best 3D Zelda game of all-time, which was on one of the most underrated consoles ever (Ocarina of Time and the N64)=???

At least Impa from Ocarina of Time was cool on top of that. Why can't Diddy let Impa die like how all the Ghirahim and Demise fanboys died=??? (remember when some people said Demise could replace Ganondorf=??? Yeah, those people should never post about character predictions ever again)

N64 > Wii and Smash 64 > vanilla Brawl = true facts.
NO. MORE. SONIC. STOP IT, MIIVERSE.
Pics or it didn't happen.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Because people who are in love with Cloud (since he became an emo ****) are all over the internet, and they are a cancer that seemingly can't be defeated.

Also, because said people are mad that Cloud wasn't in PlayStation All-Stars: Really long title that I don't care to remember (aka PSAS: RLTTICTR).

Still, various characters from FFIV, VI, and IX would be cool, although they have no hope of happening.

Yeah, if he got into smash... The PSAS fans would be amusing to watch.

Could it be things like this where they got some totally out there character, or the random FF characters in Mario Sports games?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ I doubt that will ever happen unless Sakurai straight up runs out of ideas.
JUST MAKE THE *********** STOP, PLEASE IT'S EMBARRASSING.
The only way to do that is to stop character discussions that are super serious as a whole, or just make it all about what said character could play like instead of "zOMG! They matter and I like them, therefore, they should be playable!"

Seriously, Ridley and K. Rool are my most wanted characters almost entirely because they could, IMO, add more than much of the current playable cast, not because I love them in their respective franchises and I love their respective franchises (I do). I love Paper Mario to death (sans Sticker Star), but for fear of a moveset and playstyle that is an abomination, I don't support him anymore. The same goes with Deoxys, Jirachi, Blazekein, and various Fire Emblem characters.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
If i can entertain the subject for just a bit:
I'm indifferent to Impa, but I think she has potential.
If Zelda gets a replacement down + special in the transformations stead, I see nothing wrong.

Besides, there is no real benefit to switching between the two in battle, unless your sheik and want better recovery distance. They both kind of drag each other down.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Sorry for the late reply.

It's like Classic Mode, but with multiple players, either up to two teams or 4 solo players. The 5th player can choose which opponents they have to fight, and which stage from that character's series they fight on as well. Of course there are still Giant Battles and such, you'll get to choose the characters then as well. (but not which levels will have the other players fight a special type of battle)

Eventually the twio teams, or two of the players will fight each-other. At the end, the winning player/team will fight Master Hand and Crazy Hand, both of which are under player 5's control.

What do you think?
That's a great idea. The 5th player who plays the roll of God and controls everything via the Wii U Pad, and sets up challenges for the players. Hmmm, it could be expanded to many different challenges and the winner(s) would receive points and if the specified points were reached, then the player(s) will win.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Give up man... you lost the war. It's okay... let it all out...
The war has ended because it isn't needed. The victor will be revealed all in due time.. And when SSB4 comes out, and Ridley isn't there, and in his place is the fabulous Demon Lord, and you just don't know what to do..

I'll be there.

(and then give up your N3ON Heels, because N3ON will inevitably betray you, THE MEN OF MOONKNIGHT will inevitably win, and because you deserve better)
Maybe in the fictitious story by Opo, but not in the non-fiction story of LIFE (by me). But you keep dreaming about me running into your arms for comfort, because I know that comforts you. :smirk:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
just make it all about what said character could play like instead of "zOMG! They matter and I like them, therefore, they should be playable!"
I really wish people would think this way more often. Typically, nobody bothers to think in depth as to what could or couldn't work and simply just harbor on sappy feelings. Which is why many things feel so weak and flawed.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I just thought of an awesome idea:

Nintendo hosted online tournaments (pools and then double elimination with a losers' bracket and Grand Finals setup just like we do with smash tournaments please).

That would be the greatest thing ever. You could give the winners rare stickers, artwork, trophies, or heck, even exclusive ones, free (paid) DLC, early access to DLC, or heck, a trophy of them or their favorite character(s).

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I just thought of an awesome idea:

Nintendo hosted online tournaments (pools and then double elimination with a losers' bracket and Grand Finals setup just like we do with smash tournaments please).

That would be the greatest thing ever. You could give the winners rare stickers, artwork, trophies, or heck, even exclusive ones, free (paid) DLC, early access to DLC, or heck, a trophy of them or their favorite character(s).
I like it, but doubt it.
I would rather Nintendo offer Club Nintendo Points as a reward though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I really wish people would think this way more often. Typically, nobody bothers to think in depth as to what could or couldn't work and simply just harbor on sappy feelings. Which is why many things feel so weak and flawed.
Exactly. If they could back up this emotion ("I love Toad! He is my favorite character ever and for that I think he is a reasonable choice!") with logic ("Toad could work because I have a crazy random awesome moveset for him, and he would work this way and that way and this way as well!"), they would win more supporters.

Pre-Brawl when I was the most Pro-Wind Waker Link person on the internet and his biggest fan, I used moveset potential to sway people not, "oh, he's important" or "oh! he's the next Young Link!" I love him as a playable character because I think a small game take on Link is an incredible idea with ridiculous potential for greatness.

Besides, winning people over by saying "my character is the most popular" just wins you stupid people. Winning people over by using movesets, play styles, and uniqueness attracts smart people. I know people hate Pichu, but man, if Pichu was done right, people could love Pichu in Smash as much as they (wrongly and blindly most of the time) love Link (he has wanged weapons and a swerd and spin erttack and he gewed).
I like it, but doubt it.
I would rather Nintendo offer Club Nintendo Points
I doubt Nintendo could run a cohesive tournament either.
And yeah, that could be a nice bonus as well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The war has ended because it isn't needed. The victor will be revealed all in due time.. And when SSB4 comes out, and Ridley isn't there, and in his place is the fabulous Demon Lord, and you just don't know what to do..

I'll be there.
And when the Ridley you know is found out to be a liar and is found not capable of doing what many people think in the end...

...I'll be there... to laugh at your pain as your fallen idol falls... :smirk:

...AND THE REAL RIDLEY ARISES TO CLAIM HIS CROWN!!!!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
John WAS pretty fierce about Toon Link back in the day I tell you.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

That's a great idea. The 5th player who plays the roll of God and controls everything via the Wii U Pad, and sets up challenges for the players. Hmmm, it could be expanded to many different challenges and the winner(s) would receive points and if the specified points were reached, then the player(s) will win.
Glad you like it. :grin: Your suggestions are just as great!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
John WAS pretty fierce about Toon Link back in the day I tell you.
And I made my points with my movesets, ideas, and how he would function differently, most of which I was right about, including Toon Link's great aerial game, his many options, and how different he is.

Yes, on top of that my opinions included my feelings that Link would be bad in Brawl because he looked awkward and the Gale Boomerang looked stupid. Little did I know Link would be absolutely worthless.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Was he? I don't remember. Not to mention he was largely MIA during the toon link board's golden age.
Me and young/toon link underestimated ARE the Toon Link Board's Golden Age (pre-Brawl).

Now I don't care to visit it because everything is Masks Link this, Young Link that, stupid small Skyward Sword Link that.

These boards for Toon Link have nothing on what young/toon link underestimated and I accomplished in our respective threads back in the day!

NONE OF THE PASSION! NONE OF THE LOVE! NONE OF THE ORIGINALITY! NONE OF IT!!! It is all just "eoww, a clone!!!", "Let's replace him with the characters from the newest mediocre Zelda game cuz science!", and "I WERNT GROOSE IN GAME CUZ HE UGLY LIKE MY MOM AND I KISS AND WRESTLE WITH HER SOMETIMES AND IT MAKES ME FEEL AWKWARD WHICH WHY I LIKE GRUSE!"

That crap makes me wanna puke. Toon Link in Project M, on the other hand... eh. He was nice, but needs more Toon-ness. I would probably just take his Brawl moveset, change his spin attack a bit (super spin attack charge please!), change his neutral B, do something new with his down B (change it or change its' functionality), and give Toon Link a more Wind Waker-esk up air, forward air, and smash attacks (sans the up smash; that is good IMO).

However, I will say that Toon Link's playstyle and the way he functions (in Brawl) looks like it would go pretty much perfectly with Smash WiiU.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Link needs buffs. Several at that.

I think Toon Link could use a tad bit of Luigi-fication, but otherwise I think he's fine.
Word. That recovery is Buzz Lightyear jumping for the window trash.
I agree. If Toon Link were to come back i would hope he uses moves from his games that set him apart.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
The golden age was August 2008-January 2010. Pre-brawl was the building up of the gold age and it's the rusty shovel* age =/.

*When I was little in one of my gym classes we did 4-person races and the prizes were gold, silver, bronze, and rusty shovel respectively.

What toon link needs above all is descent set up moves. He can kill decently but all his kill moves are easily read. Not to mention stale when it's kill time, mainly Utilt has this problem.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Word. That recovery is Buzz Lightyear trash.

If Toon Link were to come back i would hope he uses moves from his games that set him apart.
The Skull Hammer would be nice among other things.

He should have a different Final Smash as well. Maybe have him flood the stage and fire bombs at people from the King of Red Lions?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The golden age was August 2008-January 2010. Pre-brawl was the building up of the gold age and it's the rusty shovel* age =/.
I was around those boards until 2009, and yes, I was active there in like 2 threads (but 2 threads only). I didn't post too much then because I literally was busy playing as Toon Link in about 10,000 matches until I figured out I was fully convinced that Brawl a competitive game was a stinker of a game that is boring, unoriginal, shallow, and uninspiring, as a player, a viewer, and an attendee in my opinion.

(of course if your opinion is different from mine, props to you!)

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I was around those boards until 2009, and yes, I was active there in like 2 threads (but 2 threads only). I didn't post too much then because I literally was busy playing as Toon Link in about 10,000 matches until I figured out I was fully convinced that Brawl a competitive game was a stinker of a game that is boring, unoriginal, shallow, and uninspiring, as a player, a viewer, and an attendee.

(of course if your opinion is different from mine, props to you!)
I have never heard anything more insane, insipid, uninteresting, or irrelevant.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
The Skull Hammer would be nice among other things.

He should have a different Final Smash as well. Maybe have him flood the stage and fire bombs at people from the King of Red Lions?
I'm liking the sound of that. How would you see it working powerful F-Smash or something similar to DK's Headbutt?

Deku Leaf gliding would be a nice touch.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I agree. If Toon Link were to come back i would hope he uses moves from his games that set him apart.
Change his moves, but not his playstyle. His playstyle was totally unique, totally fun, and in an offensive-based game with loads of actions and quite a few combos and spikes, he would be a thrill-a-minute character, much like Smash 64 or Melee Captain Falcon, albeit smaller, quicker (in movement), and with more projectiles and range. Once you put Toon Link in an offensive-friendly environment you will say "he is entertainer."

Link is the opposite: don't change his moves (just how effective they are), but disregard his (Brawl) playstyle. Go back to (Japanese) Smash 64 and Melee Link, with a lot of new playstyle ideas brought in from previous Zelda games and just (adult) Link's general new direction that could lead to him not being super weak.
I have never heard anything more insane, insipid, uninteresting, or irrelevant.
You asked why you don't remember me there, so I told you why I wasn't there for the biggest year of that board (much of 2009 and all of 2010).

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I will say that things are a lot more... quiet this time around. It's kind of hard to explain, but we're not at the level of pre-Brawl speculation. Which is kind of a good thing in a sense considering things are a lot less overwhelming (and marginally less ********).

Oh, and just for the record it seems like the most vocal people tend to be the most stupid. Vocal not as in popular, but rather obnoxious about their beliefs.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
You asked why you don't remember me there, so I told you why I wasn't there for the biggest year of that board (much of 2009 and all of 2010).
I wasn't being serious. I played extremely casually and I stuck around mainly for the people. That's also around the time I learned of competitive smash so I also stuck around just to learn more. The community was great though, most of them are gone now.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^ It was a good Toon Link community, and it is a shame they left. It seems like that wanna-be Batman killed a lot of the Brawl character Boards.
I will say that things are a lot more... quiet this time around. It's kind of hard to explain, but we're not at the level of pre-Brawl speculation. Which is kind of a good thing in a sense considering things are a lot less overwhelming (and marginally less ********).
Well the speculation with characters isn't as crazy because there isn't anyone a ton of people like left. Diddy Kong, Toon Link, King Dedede, Meta Knight, Lucario, Ike, Wario, Olimar, and Sonic are all playable. The only characters who came close to those guys in terms of popularity are Mewtwo (who is seen by most as all but confirmed), K. Rool (in which there is no reason not to add him), and Ridley (who seems to attract the dumbest haters in the universe).

People seem to be more "against" characters than for them, if anything these days.

But still, you are right; the levels of stupidity have gone down drastically, in part because it isn't "The Wild West" anymore; everything is generally more tame, and more gameplay-focused. Honestly, we could use even more gameplay focus. After all, we play smash for the gameplay, not for the characters. Like I have made a habit of saying, the characters bring us to play the games, the gameplay keep us playing the games (for weeks, months, years, and decades).
Oh, and just for the record it seems like the most vocal people tend to be the most stupid. Vocal not as in popular, but rather obnoxious about their beliefs.
The person I am thinking of should support the character of their namesakes' franchise, not characters no one wants.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Yeah, I feel the same way, maybe it's because Sakurai isn't leaking out info like he did on the past dojo to fuel more discussion and hype.
Change his moves, but not his playstyle. His playstyle was totally unique, totally fun, and in an offensive-based game with loads of actions and quite a few combos and spikes, he would be a thrill-a-minute character, much like Smash 64 or Melee Captain Falcon, albeit smaller, quicker (in movement), and with more projectiles and range. Once you put Toon Link in an offensive-friendly environment you will say "he is entertainer."

Link is the opposite: don't change his moves (just how effective they are), but disregard his (Brawl) playstyle. Go back to (Japanese) Smash 64 and Melee Link, with a lot of new playstyle ideas brought in from previous Zelda games and just (adult) Link's general new direction that could lead to him not being super weak.
This somewhat goes back to our conversation yesterday, I don't mind characters and their playstyles, but the moves they use should root the characters moves and abilities based off of their games.

Man if Link Boomerang was as effective as it was in 64. Link would be quite the nasty zoner.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I always thought speculation as whole took a toll because of Brawl feeling underwhelming, and people feeling more pessimistic this time around because of it. Which to be honest, it something understandable. After being underwhelmed by something previous, you'd play it safe too when the next thing comes around too.

Not just talking characters only, but as a whole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom