• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Unfortunately, Sakurai has stated that there will be no characters from other fighting games.
My dear Yoshimitsu-san. . . :(
He said he won't add anyone from a fighting game that's already similar to a character in Smash Bros. currently. Fighting Games could still have a character(well, non-Capcom ones).

Different scenario altogether.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Don't worry, Hypnosis is useless against certain guys, even if they're sleep they will still continue fighting.
I swear that was so frustrating :laugh:. Had to teach my Crobat Mean Look in order for roaming Pokemons to stay put and not escape.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~

Who is suggesting Heihachi? This aint falco PSASBR!

But seriously, Heihachi if taken from PSASBR and put in Sm4sh would have him as low tier as he is there.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Who is suggesting Heihachi? This aint falco PSASBR!

But seriously, Heihachi if taken from PSASBR and put in Sm4sh would have him as low tier as he is there.
Doesn't truly matter anyways since Sakurai said no fighter game characters. I think we deserve a better Namco rep than him too (if we get a Namco rep).

MexM

Smash Ace
3DS FC
4468-1063-3341
If Sakurai wanted a character from Tekken, pretty sure he would ask for the protagonist of the series.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think we deserve no Namco rep. Why? Cause all options basically suck.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Doesn't truly matter anyways since Sakurai said no fighter game characters. I think we deserve a better Namco rep than him too (if we get a Namco rep).
He said no Fighters that are already similar to an actual Smash Bros. character.

That's a misquote. So yes, they're entirely possible... as long as they're not similar to a character in SSB already.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
He said no Fighters that are already similar to an actual Smash Bros. character.

That's a misquote. So yes, they're entirely possible... as long as they're not similar to a character in SSB already.
Ah.

Well, I never played as Heihachi in any game or watched any gameplay footage of him so I don't know if he copies anyone else to a degree.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Best Metapod and Magicarp battle ever (where Metapod gets both hard and wet)...
Although in the Japanese version splash is called "Hop"

Don't know why to this day they still give it a water effect though

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Wait whats this about no similar characters to excisting Smash Bros. characters?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah.

Well, I never played as Heihachi in any game or watched any gameplay footage of him so I don't know if he copies anyone else to a degree.
I only played as him in Soul Calibur II. He didn't seem too much like any other SSB char.

And I know a lot of people tend to very quickly read into what Sakurai says while ignoring some of the actual information. Characters that originated in a fighting game can still get in, if they fit other criteria. Also, this could mean he's doing his best to avoid clones(discounting the Fighting "..." Teams at best), so we don't know if Child Link will remain a carbon copy of Link. Speaking of Link, his Boomerang was never shown yet, has it?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

There goes Ryu, Ken, and Akuma. :troll:

Hsien-Ko would be awesome. Too bad she means nothing to Nintendo. (And we have the best Capcom rep for smash anyway)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
There goes Ryu, Ken, and Akuma. :troll:

Hsien-Ko would be awesome. Too bad she means nothing to Nintendo. (And we have the best Capcom rep for smash anyway)
They were gone the second we had a Capcom rep. Plus, when asked who Capcom would like in SSB, they gave two answers; M. Bison and Sonic. They never considered the shotoclones as interesting enough in the first place. :awesome:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Alright, what's your idea :idea:?
Sorry for the late reply.

It's like Classic Mode, but with multiple players, either up to two teams or 4 solo players. The 5th player can choose which opponents they have to fight, and which stage from that character's series they fight on as well. Of course there are still Giant Battles and such, you'll get to choose the characters then as well. (but not which levels will have the other players fight a special type of battle)

Eventually the twio teams, or two of the players will fight each-other. At the end, the winning player/team will fight Master Hand and Crazy Hand, both of which are under player 5's control.

What do you think?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Every time we talk about characters because of how much we love them in their games, and why they should be playable because of that, instead of them as potential playable characters and all they could bring with their moveset, playstyle, and uniqueness, I agree with this video, and I think like this video...

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Every time we talk about characters because of how much we love them in their games, and why they should be playable because of that, instead of them as potential playable characters and all they could bring with their moveset, playstyle, and uniqueness, I agree with this video, and I think like this video...

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Anybody REALLY good at figuring out info about people online? I wanna report a harassment to their local FBI but can't figure out where they live.

Also, hows about them Smashbros?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Anybody REALLY good at figuring out info about people online? I wanna report a harassment to their local FBI but can't figure out where they live.
Have you tried looking anything up, or looking at any government sites of such things=???
Why would you want to smash a bro?
Because they're your bros who you smash with... and because we love each other in the most heterosexual way (not that there's anything wrong with being gay).
Also, hows about them Smashbros?
Need more Super Smash Bromance.​

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Regardless, this is certainly not the place for such questions.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Regardless, this is certainly not the place for such questions.

I dunno, tends to be random people make good suggestions, and I got an idea from here so I'm good now. Change subjects!

To...

Um...

AHA!

Character you DON'T want in Smash. Who DON'T you want?

(Talking about being off topic in the thread like it doesn't happen ;) )

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
ICharacter you DON'T want in Smash. Who DON'T you want?
Any character who gets over a character who would add more to the gameplay, uniqueness, and quality of the game, the roster, and the other characters...

...basically, most of the potential newcomers people suggest here.

And yes, I would take Master Chief over Pikachu if Master Chief added more than Pikachu. After all, GAMEPLAY TRUMPS ALL!!!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, why do people think FF characters even have a chance to get in?
Because people who are in love with Cloud (since he became an emo loser) are all over the internet, and they are a cancer that seemingly can't be defeated.

Also, because said people are mad that Cloud wasn't in PlayStation All-Stars: Really long title that I don't care to remember (aka PSAS: RLTTICTR).

Still, various characters from FFIV, VI, and IX would be cool, although they have no hope of happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom