• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spin3no

Smash Rookie
Well let me open a forbidden door here...
Brawl is too simplistic compared to Melee, a statement which I do not believe. What do you have to say Melee players? What do you have to say brawl players?
Well let me open a forbidden door here...
Brawl is too simplistic compared to Melee, a statement which I do not believe. What do you have to say Melee players? What do you have to say brawl players?
I use to play melee more than brawl... Then there was no point to play it anymore no one plays it in my area. Even if melee is at EVO I still think melee is out dated. The new smash smash game doesn't play like melee and until a new smash game plays like melee I won't play melee at a competitive level again.

Brawl has plenty of depth .. Dacus, platform canceling, foot stool... Pivot grabbing, power shielding.. B reversal. To me what makes a game simple is how easy the inputs are.. smash has always been easy to me. Maybe the only hard thing is wave dashing. If you play at a high level that is not hard.

For most characters in melee that get knocked off stage at 50 plus % in melee at a high level you should not come back. At least they never did for me. In brawl as long as you DI correctly you should be fine. So it forces you to have better DI or defense, if you want to be a better player..

The new game looks to be the best of brawl and melee. The hit stun looks huge so combos look possible and it looks like having strong defense is not something you cannot rely on as much like in brawl. The pace is a bit faster then brawl.. Personally I think it is the prefect speed for Smash.

To answer the question I just think brawl is too defensive and melee is too offensive. The only thing that made melee anywhere in the difficult range is wave dashing.. I do not understand what else melee had to make it hard? It is harder to dacus and foot stool than it is to wave dash.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
I'd only accept this if we get a Impa replacement for Sheik.

Cause it makes NO sence at all replacing Ike, but not Sheik.

Just sayin'.

Well, it makes sence that Sheik get replaced by Impa, because in my opinion Sheik is likely OLD news and Impa has come in more Zelda games than Sheik though.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well, it makes sence that Sheik get replaced by Impa, because in my opinion Sheik is likely OLD news and Impa has come in more Zelda games than Sheik though.

Kijk het is ook omdat je een Nederlander bent dat je deze logica hebt. ;)

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
And I don't see how getting stronger attacks with a higher damage % is a bad thing.
...Maybe it's because people feel like they have to let Lucario take damage in order to score KOs?
People just don't care for clutch mechanics in the long run. Ultras in SF4 left a bad taste in people's mouths and Marvel's X Factor just made people hate it period.

You don't NEED comeback mechanics for a compelling character.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
DACUS was a nice new advanced technique in Brawl though. As was Glide Tossing.

Then again, I'm a Diddy main. :diddy:

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Random question: I'd like to play Brawl on my Wii U using a GC controller, however, I don't really want to use Wii remotes (and the classic controller) if possible. What would be the best solution? I don't mind using the pro controller for Smash 4, it's just that for Brawl I personally feel that the GC controller makes a huge improvement in performance vs the Wii and classic controllers.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I refuse to play Brawl without a GameCube controller. Don't ask me.

Alzi

Smash Master
New character trailer is revealed,

you hear this song in the background as you play the video to the reveal trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndaP9iieaok

scene 1: camera is zoomed on someones legs and they are skipping really fast
scene 2: cuts to same person doing one handed push ups, camera to positioned to the front as the movement is done although characters head is not completly visible
scene 3: camera is zoomed in at the front of the person while he is doing one armed dumbbell curls
scene 4: camera faces behind the person as he is punching a boxing bag

^ all take place in the gym

scene 5: cuts to outside and camera is zoomed in on the person's feet and they are running on a footpath, camera pans slowly upward and stops when it reaches the characters face

Little Mac confirmed for smash bros Wii U and 3DS!

scene 6: shows gameplay footage of little mac smashing it out with some other characters
end scene: trailer ends by little mac punching a boxing bag out of its place, after the bag is punched away words appear, which read: "Little Mac punches his way in!"

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
New character trailer is revealed,

you hear this song in the background as you play the video to the reveal trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndaP9iieaok

scene 1: camera is zoomed on someones legs and they are skipping really fast
scene 2: cuts to same person doing one handed push ups, camera to positioned to the front as the movement is done although characters head is not completly visible
scene 3: camera is zoomed in at the front of the person while he is doing one armed dumbbell curls
scene 4: camera faces behind the person as he is punching a boxing bag

^ all take place in the gym

scene 5: cuts to outside and camera is zoomed in on the person's feet and they are running on a footpath, camera pans slowly upward and stops when it reaches the characters face

Little Mac confirmed for smash bros Wii U and 3DS!

scene 6: shows gameplay footage of little mac smashing it out with some other characters
end scene: trailer ends by little mac punching a boxing bag out of its place, after the bag is punched away words appear, which read: "Little Mac punches his way in!"

I'd be okay with that. Would be even better if they featured DK in the trailer to. Maybe he'd get his ass whooped by Little Mac, and after that, Diddy jumps in with a Monkey Flip whooping Mac's backside in revenge.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Random question: I'd like to play Brawl on my Wii U using a GC controller, however, I don't really want to use Wii remotes (and the classic controller) if possible. What would be the best solution? I don't mind using the pro controller for Smash 4, it's just that for Brawl I personally feel that the GC controller makes a huge improvement in performance vs the Wii and classic controllers.
You could buy one of these http://www.amazon.com/GameCube-Controller-Adapter-Wii/dp/B00BS520SG

I personally, don't have one, so I can't vouch for how good they are.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I've came across this issue myself. You can opt for one of those GC to Wii Remote adapters that have been floating around as of late. Or you can buy a third party Wii U pro controller; this might take a bit of research to find a good quality one that works for Wii and Wii U.

I just opted to tough it out with a Wii-nunchuck set-up until smash 4 so I can finally make use of my pro controller.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Though I'm beating the same rotting horse flesh, Impa replacing Sheik for the sake of recency is absolute bull****.

Impa as a new, independent character or bust.

Edit: I played Brawl on a GCN controller and I don't see any problem in adapting to a new controller.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
GRIP STYLE PRO CONTROLLER IS GO. (minus the over-sensitive left thumbstick, but that's minor)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I've played Brawl with every controller option. The only one I found a little bad was the pure Wii Remote. The rest were great. :awesome:

And the only Impa I'd like is the Oracles version. A heavyset woman would definitely be great for Smash. We have enough of the thin sexy style women.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yoshi's probably going to be one of the later veterans revealed because I get the feeling that he's going to be reworked as much as Bowser was. I can easily see him getting a lot of new animations as well as a number of tweaks to help deal with his *cough* weaknesses.
Maybe switch his Side B and Up B.... Side B to throw eggs... Up B to become a giant egg and launch yourself like in Yoshi's Story.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And the only Impa I'd like is the Oracles version. A heavyset woman would definitely be great for Smash. We have enough of the thin sexy style women.
Funny that you say that since I've downloaded both Oracles yesterday and I'm currently playing Oracle of Ages. (Will only play Oracle of Seasons after playing Ages due to the link system.)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am very curious why the Wii U is not getting a port of MGS5 especially considering that its being released for the 360/PS3 (in addition to the Xbone and PS4). Heck, the Wii U not getting Lightning Returns is also a bit odd.

However, it not getting MGS5 is very strange especially considering how late of a game it is to this generation, and how its even being ported to the PC.

Really, the only third-parties that support the Wii U it seems are Sega, Ubisoft, Warner Bros. Interactive, and Disney Interactive. Things will look particularly bleak for the third-party situation once they are no longer making PS3/360 games.
Well, the Wii didn't get MGS4 either...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Well, the Wii didn't get MGS4 either...
Neither did the 360 IIRC. And MGS4 was built for the PS4, so a wii port would have been incredibly difficult. Unlike with MGS5, where you have the game being made for systems that are weaker than the Wii U.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, then Kojima just plainly prefers Sony. Kojima didn't even want Snake in Smash, it was his son who wanted Snake. Kojima was begging Sakurai to put Snake in Smash because he couldn't stand his son's incessant whining any longer. :troll:

Ray Robo

Smash Ace
NNID
RayRobo
I think Sakurai wants almost all the characters to return to make everyone happy, but he knows it's just not possible.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I think Sakurai wants almost all the characters to return to make everyone happy, but he knows it's just not possible.
I doubt there's a character he genuinely has a enough of a stigma against to cut them for his own happiness.
He does things to make his fanbase happy as far as I know. It troubles him that he can't though.

The development of this game could be the plot for an anime I would definitely watch.

YoshiSonic

Smash Ace
Seeing the gameplay of SSB4 again, I am really mad that they didn't change any of Mario's moves, especially the flood mode. I hope they put a little more thought on Mario's moveset a little more before the full game releases.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
>See Smashboard's post about Pac-Man on FB
>Freak
>Rush to link
>A random character thread.

Seeing the gameplay of SSB4 again, I am really mad that they didn't change any of Mario's moves, especially the flood mode. I hope they put a little more thought on Mario's moveset a little more before the full game releases.
I'm realllly confident that the game is no way near it's finished state, and that the demo we saw is Smash4, but it's still in flux. Nothing really solid about the gameplay.

That said, I think Sakurai needs to redefine what he believes between Melee and Brawl feels like.. because it looks like a slightly faster, not as floaty... Brawl. STILL, I'm hoping this changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom