• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
No complaints, sword Pokemon is awesome Pokemon.

EDIT: http://www.serebii.net/index2.shtml
Serebii posted about this a while ago.
Steel/Ghost type to add to my team.
A long with my Chandelure... :D
This makes me happy.
He's not just a sword, but a Tsukumogami. It's a yokai that is in a form of an object that gains a mind of it's own when used for 100 years.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Just got back from Serebii. Don't know why I didn't check it earlier when I was active here.

Yay, I always wanted a Ghost/Steel type. =3

I imagined it as being a three-stage evolution line based off medieval torture devices, like the iron maiden and such.
The sword works too. At least it's still based off an inanimate object.

D

Deleted member

Fair enough.
I guess I just see things differently than a lot of other people. :laugh:
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the new Pokémon. In fact, as I said, I love the concept of a possessed sword, and it will probably be among the Pokémon that actually interest me (which 5th Gen didn't really provide for me) for this Gen with Litleo and Noivern.

It's just....the design is somewhat missing that "feel", if that makes any sense. I guess one way it would make it better in my eyes is if the sheath actually has a face and it's not just my eyes playing tricks on me.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
A living sword? I should expect it to evolve into a suit of armor then. :awesome:
Ugh, that would be so...cliche. XD

Personally, I think a haunted knight/piece of armor should be a legendary Ghost/Fighting type.

A male knight riding a ghostly horse. Wielding a huge jousting stick.
Could be based on some kind of legend involving a guy waiting for his lost lover or something.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The region is based on France. Could it evolve into a guillotine or is that too far removed from a sword?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Honestly, I'm interested in Hitotsuki (the sword's Japanese name), Helioptile, and, for some reason, Clauncher.

All I want is an Electric/Psychic type.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
It could be another Nintendo reference to Roland the Paladin who wielded the sword Durendal or Durandal [in the Fire Emblem Reference to it] in its English name maybe?

I somehow see them doing that.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The region is based on France. Could it evolve into a guillotine or is that too far removed from a sword?
Oh yes, I would love that.

Honestly, I'm interested in Hitotsuki (the sword's Japanese name), Helioptile, and, for some reason, Clauncher.

All I want is an Electric/Psychic type.
Electric/Psychic, Electric/Grass, Grass/Dragon, Grass/Fire, Grass/Ghost, Ghost/Rock, Ground/Fighting, Dragon/Fighting, Ice/Bug, Dragon/Bug, Bug/Dark, Electric/Dark, Fairy/Steel, Fairy/Ghost, Fairy/Dragon, Fairy/Psychic, Psychic/Bug, Psychic/Poison, Normal/Ghost, Normal/Dragon, etc...
Can't wait to see what they'll come up with.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
If a fish can evolve into an octopus, then I don't see why a sword cannot evolve into a guillotine.

D

Deleted member

The sword Pokémon looks pretty cool, won't lie.
He didn't say that. He just said that there haven't been any cuts so far.
Wouldn't Sakurai not having cut Snake yet (should he be in the planning stage) mean that he wants Snake to return? It's like saying that just because Roy and Mewtwo didn't get in Brawl meant that Sakurai didn't want them in (even though they had the most data and Sakurai said he had to cut characters due to time constraints).

And if Sakurai is planning Snake now, then why on earth would Snake get cut?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
The sword Pokémon looks pretty cool, won't lie.Wouldn't Sakurai not having cut Snake yet (should he be in the planning stage) mean that he wants Snake to return? It's like saying that just because Roy and Mewtwo didn't get in Brawl meant that Sakurai didn't want them in (even though they had the most data and Sakurai said he had to cut characters due to time constraints).

And if Sakurai is planning Snake now, then why on earth would Snake get cut?
If Snake is already in SSB4, wouldn't Konami be credited on the trailers or on the SSB4 Dojo?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
doesn't have to be until Konami assets are revealed.

Not like Sega's name was anywhere in any of the credits until Sonic debuted in Brawl.

Smooth Criminal
That's different. Sonic wasn't even planned to be in Brawl in the first place.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I think the sword is my favorite gen 6er so far. On average I'm liking the designs much better than gen 5. Though I don't know why so many people like litleo. It's ugly IMO

If Snake is already in SSB4, wouldn't Konami be credited on the trailers or on the SSB4 Dojo?
planning =/= already in.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
All I know is Helioptile is probably gonna be my designated Electric type for Kalos.

@KingofPhantoms: Yeah, it comes out worldwide in October. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Not until there is something to credit them with.

Sega wasn't added to Brawl's copyrights on the DOJO until Sonic's reveal.
Intelligent Systems weren't credited in Melee at all until Marth was unlocked.

Note who's copyrighted right now on the website for characters:
Nintendo, Hal Laboratory (for Kirby), Pokémon, Creatures Inc., GAME FREAK inc. (all for Pikachu), CAPCOM CO. LTD (for Mega Man).

If Snake is gone because Konami isn't present, then that means Sonic is gone because Sega isn't present, Marth and Ike are gone (and no Roy, Chrom, etc.) because Intelligent Systems isn't present, and Ness and Lucas are gone because both Shigisetsu Itoi and Ape Inc. are not present.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
planning =/= already in.
Tell that to the "no cutting" crowd, not me. Also, remind them that Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, and Toon Zelda were planned to be in Brawl but they were NOT playable in Brawl. SSBF said that if Sakurai is planning to add Snake in SSB4 now, why would he be cut? Well, if Snake were to get cut later, it would be either from time constraints or copyright issues. I don't think Snake can be considered a high priority character to begin with.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
A living sword? I should expect it to evolve into a suit of armor then. :awesome:
I HOPE SO. I've been wanting that for so long. I'm still happy I finally get my Steel/Ghost type though.

I had a little idea forever ago about a ghost Pokemon that manifests in junkyards, and it uses scrap metal (which just happens to look like bones and a skull) as its body. It just wants to make friends, but it looks too scary. It has rust around its eyes from where its tears have been shed.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Animal Crossing new leaf doesn't recognize July 4th. It must be made by commies or something

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Not until there is something to credit them with.
I get what you are saying but I see a slight flaw in your reasoning... if Intelligent Systems isn't credited because SSB4 currently lacks any Fire Emblem content, then why do we have Ferox Arena from Fire Emblem: Awakening as a stage?

D

Deleted member

I get what you are saying but I see a slight flaw in your reasoning... if Intelligent Systems isn't credited because SSB4 currently lacks any Fire Emblem content, then why do we have Ferox Arena from Fire Emblem: Awakening as a stage?
Do you not read?
It's talking credit for characters.
Aside from that, Intelligent Systems isn't being credited anywhere at this point despite Arena Ferox clearly being a stage, so your argument is completely invalid.

In summation, the lack of credit on the website is not legitimate proof of any cuts.
The credits are not yet complete, and they won't be until characters whose rights are owned by specific companies are revealed on the website.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Tell that to the "no cutting" crowd, not me. Also, remind them that Mewtwo, Roy, Dr. Mario, Dixie Kong, and Toon Zelda were planned to be in Brawl but they were NOT playable in Brawl. SSBF said that if Sakurai is planning to add Snake in SSB4 now, why would he be cut? Well, if Snake were to get cut later, it would be either from time constraints or copyright issues. I don't think Snake can be considered a high priority character to begin with.
The original premise was that Sakurai wants snake to return. SSBF was saying that with that information we know that at this point snake isn't cut. The forbidden seven is a special case. You know all of this.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, then I guess it's perfectly legal to have a Disney Castle stage in SSB4. We will just not have Mickey Mouse in SSB4. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Well, then I guess it's perfectly legal to have a Disney Castle stage in SSB4. We will just not have Mickey Mouse in SSB4. :troll:
Question, are you mentally challenged, or do you just not read a ****ing word people say?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom