• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I actually always wanted a Steel-Ghost possessed suit of armor (think like, a scarier version than the living suits of armor from Beauty and the Beast), and I think this sword's evolution may finally give me just that! :D

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Since I somehow predict two Pokemon every Generation, I'm fully expecting an Electric/Psychic type.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I thought Volbeat and Illumise were gonna be Bug/Electric back in gen 3.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've only ever played Pokemon Pearl. I remeber when I was a Pokemon noob and didn't know how to switch Pokemon out. I stopped playing the game for a while before I tried it and forgot. Glad I found out how. :chuckle:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
By this logic, wouldn't Sonic and Pac-Man have no shot of getting in?
Did you or did you not imply that Snake was already in SSB4 because Sakurai did not cut any characters in SSB4? But then someone said that planning =/= already in. That reminded me of the Forbidden Seven... because you did say that if Snake were being planned now, why would he be cut... and that situation is very similar to the Forbidden Seven... because they were indeed planned to be in Brawl but they were ultimately cut for various reasons. I can see that happening to Snake.

I can't even read the second word, so I'm not sure.
It says "inoperable".

D

Deleted member

Did you or did you not imply that Snake was already in SSB4 because Sakurai did not cut any characters in SSB4? But then someone said that planning =/= already in. That reminded me of the Forbidden Seven... because you did say that if Snake were being planned now, why would he be cut... and that situation is very similar to the Forbidden Seven... because they were indeed planned to be in Brawl but they were ultimately cut for various reasons. I can see that happening to Snake.
I think that Snake will either get in or not be planned at all.

You have to remember that Snake is a third-party. If Snake does return, Sakurai has to go through licensing barriers in order to get Snake in and if he does, why would Sakurai cut someone that he had to go through legal hoops in order to get Snake back in? Don't you think that a third-party that returns would get high priority?

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
I just can't see Sakurai undercutting Kojima like that, as close of friends as they are. If Snake is out It would be more for the fact that Kojima had his fun with Snake in Brawl. Less caring or something about it. But I can see Sakurai keeping him in for the sake of his friend. Or at least trying his darned hardest to.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Okay, so.. I just made this joke on Miiverse and I can't decide whether I should go to Hell or not. Am I a terrible person for laughing like an idiot while drawing this?

I figured out what you wrote. Sorry if I sounded rude before as I didn't mean to.

As for you, it wouldn't be bad if the character (that's Lucas in the picture right) just had an injury. Would be bad if he was facing a deadly disease.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually I think the pokemon skrelp has potential for a cool evolution but I'm not remaining hopeful0

I figured out what you wrote. Sorry if I sounded rude before as I didn't mean to.

As for you, it wouldn't be bad if the character (that's Lucas in the picture right) just had an injury. Would be bad if he was facing a deadly disease.
The joke is he has a brain tumor

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I think that Snake will either get in or not be planned at all.

You have to remember that Snake is a third-party. If Snake does return, Sakurai has to go through licensing barriers in order to get Snake in and if he does, why would Sakurai cut someone that he had to go through legal hoops in order to get Snake back in? Don't you think that a third-party that returns would get high priority?
Yes, I believe that a third-party veteran would be high-priority... just depends on who is higher... Snake or Sonic? And it also depends on whether Sakurai wants to bring back Snake or add another third-party character... yes, I think Snake has competition from other third-party characters for the second or third third-party slot - this includes the likes of Sonic, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, and so on.

But you have to remember that first-party characters... the actual Nintendo characters... have higher priority over third-party characters. Smash is first and foremost a Nintendo crossover battle royale action game. I don't know if Sakurai and the development team will have enough time and resources to program in all the potential returning veterans and the potential newcomers AND all the stages, items, music, etc.

I just can't see Sakurai undercutting Kojima like that, as close of friends as they are. If Snake is out It would be more for the fact that Kojima had his fun with Snake in Brawl. Less caring or something about it. But I can see Sakurai keeping him in for the sake of his friend. Or at least trying his darned hardest to.
Correction.... it was Kojima's son who had his fun with Snake in Brawl. :awesome:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Fun fact, this is the second time Sakurai has posted an update featuring Bowser on the 4th of July. During Brawl's development, he posted about Bowser's Final Smash, Giga Bowser, while here, he's posting what looks to be Bowser's new U-Air, a sluggish flipkick.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
From Sakurai's statements it does seem that he wants Snake to return.
The character that I enjoy the most is Snake, even though he isn't my main nor my secondary. Edgeguarding with your various projectiles, reading your opponent's mind after down-throwing them to start a chaingrab, sealing the deal with an up-tilt to make your opponent rage :troll:.

D

Deleted member

Yes, I believe that a third-party veteran would be high-priority... just depends on who is higher... Snake or Sonic? And it also depends on whether Sakurai wants to bring back Snake or add another third-party character... yes, I think Snake has competition from other third-party characters for the second or third third-party slot - this includes the likes of Sonic, Pac-Man, Simon Belmont, and so on.

But you have to remember that first-party characters... the actual Nintendo characters... have higher priority over third-party characters. Smash is first and foremost a Nintendo crossover battle royale action game. I don't know if Sakurai and the development team will have enough time and resources to program in all the potential returning veterans and the potential newcomers AND all the stages, items, music, etc.
Whenever or not Snake does return remains to be seen, but if Sakurai does want to see Snake back and does go through all the licensing issues it takes to bring Snake back, why would Sakurai cut Snake due to time constraints? Sakurai hates cuts in general so to go through all the licensing issues to get Snake back and to drop him later on due to time constraints would be a huge waste of time.

Sakurai will either bring Snake back to the roster or Sakurai won't develop time to bring Snake back. That's all I'm going to say on the subject.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
...Where did Sakurai even talk about Snake coming back since the development of SSB4?

Because honestly, there really is nothing known about who is currently being developed outside of the already confirmed characters. Just guesses.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Fun fact, this is the second time Sakurai has posted an update featuring Bowser on the 4th of July. During Brawl's development, he posted about Bowser's Final Smash, Giga Bowser, while here, he's posting what looks to be Bowser's new U-Air, a sluggish flipkick.
Bowser confirmed for the most patriotic dragon?

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Welp that settles it, if there's not one already we need a texture hack where Bowser is supporting a red, white and blue color scheme. :awesome:

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
just saw that sword pokemon... I want ash to capture it... then i want him to wield it!
(it will be his first steel type)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom