• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Yoshi's probably going to be one of the later veterans revealed because I get the feeling that he's going to be reworked as much as Bowser was. I can easily see him getting a lot of new animations as well as a number of tweaks to help deal with his *cough* weaknesses.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ike and Lucas should definitely return. Lucario would be a nice bonus given they'd get rid of his damn gimmick.
The Aura is a part of Lucario. He should definetely keep it if he was to return. Not every power or effect needs to be shared by at least 2 characters, and I don't think there are any other characters that could even use his Aura.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
It makes no sence and makes the character unplayable for me.
But...why?

The gimmick is the only other thing that makes his Aura Sphere differ from Mewtwo's Shadow Ball. (other than the straight travel path Aura Sphere takes as opposed to Shadow Ball's wavy one)

And I don't see how getting stronger attacks with a higher damage % is a bad thing.
...Maybe it's because people feel like they have to let Lucario take damage in order to score KOs?

*sense

It would be a bonus for you then. Just you, and anyone who can't enjoy it. What's your problem with the Aura? What is it that keeps you from using him?
The edit button is your friend.
Click "open in new tab" on the reply button to another post that you want to quote.

The select and copy/paste the message and your response from the new tab onto your old tab (and main message), then post on the original tab.

That way you can quote multiple people on the same post without double posting. (if nobody is posting after you at the moment) ^_^

Be careful not to click "reply to thread" on the new temporary tab, though. (so you don't accidentally double post)

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yoshi's probably going to be one of the later veterans revealed because I get the feeling that he's going to be reworked as much as Bowser was. I can easily see him getting a lot of new animations as well as a number of tweaks to help deal with his *cough* weaknesses.
You shut your mouth Yoshi is JUST FINE.

"I SUCK WITH YOSHI SO HE NEEDS TO BE MORE LIKE OTHER CHARACTERS I'M ACTUALLY GOOD WITH."

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
It makes no sence and makes the character unplayable for me.
I honestly see this as complaining for no reason. What is wrong with the gimmick? Gives him a bit more uniqueness eh? How doesn't it make sense?

One of his abillities is Steadfast, which increases his speed while flinching. You could extend this to the Aura giving Lucario more of its power when he is in danger, Or now I can use Justified as an explanation. Granted in Pokemon its only used if a Dark Attack hits him BUT when were Pokemon moves/skills consistent in smash brothers?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
They have probably been working on him for a while now though. If they were working on him a long time prior to the first Smash 4 trailer, he would probably be finished by now.

You shut your mouth Yoshi is JUST FINE.

"I SUCK WITH YOSHI SO HE NEEDS TO BE MORE LIKE OTHER CHARACTERS I'M ACTUALLY GOOD WITH."

Kind of a bold assumption. He odes need some fixing.

Make Side B so he doesn't go into free fall off stage
Yoshi is the only character who can't go anything out of shield, his power shield is useless. Give him out of shield options like jumping or attack out of shield
Maybe give him back his double jump cancel?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero

Yoshi is the only character who can't go anything out of shield, his power shield is useless. Give him out of shield options like jumping or attack out of shield
You really have to wonder why he has his own unique shield design while other characters have the regular ones...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
You really have to wonder why he has his own unique shield design while other characters have the regular ones...

Maybe it seemed like a neat way to incorporate aspects of his character I guess. it just doesn't work out so well gameplay wise. One of the main reasons I wish they'd give Yoshi some new moves. Then again, I've wanted that since 64, and I haven't gotten my wish yet.

Also where da hell is my Black/White Yoshi colors? :glare:

Yeah...but it sucks. I get that it's unique, but what's so unique that you have to wait an eternity for you to get out of your shield? I would understand if the shield was extra resilient to attacks but its not, it's just for the sake of an animation that already exists with his Egg Roll attack. Keep the same shield graphic, but don't add an eternity of lag when he has to lower it so he can actually have some options on defense.

@King: Who actually spams Eggroll? That's one of the most easy moves to punish ever. Most jabs beat it. and if they decide to get out i'll just hit you with a free smash.

@Banjo: Yo I need some black Yoshi in my life I would actually play with him more

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630

Those are very minor. Nothing like what happened with Bowser, which is what Fat Man was asking for Yoshi.

Also the double jump cancel was so awful, no way does that need to return.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It still felt terrible. Melee was full of stiff and clunky nonsense. Brawl handled it much better. More natural.

Next you're going to say L-cancel needs to return because your fingers just can't sit still and you need some button to press for no reason.

It still felt terrible. Melee was full of stiff and clunky nonsense. Brawl handled it much better. More natural.

Yeah. But Brawl is garbage. I would rather have everyone in the game have some viable than having a ridiculous dash attack cancelled usmash that slides across the whole stage, jab/laser locks, dumb cg's and grab releases. Melee seemed fairly fluid to me. Maybe your hands just aren't fast enough. A lot of people I know can't even short hop with Fox in Melee; **** happens.

The one thing that would have made Brawl physics much better would is characters retained the speed of their run into a jump, it's very realistic. When sonic runs and jumps he should fly through the air, not make a weak ass leap with no momentum. Brawl, in my opinion feels natural only because of how floaty it is, which in my opinion should have been toned down a bit.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
"Your hands just aren't fast enough" isn't a very compelling argument for Melee being better designed.

Though I agree, keeping momentum when jumping would feel much more natural, I can at least understand why they wouldn't go with that. Some characters wouldn't have enough momentum to begin with, and others would have just too much.

Anyway so yeah basically Brawl is the best game ever created and it's nap time.

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light

Next you're going to say L-cancel needs to return because your fingers just can't sit still and you need some button to press for no reason.
Easy there, tiger. No need to get your panties in a wad.

I'd also argue that I felt very limited while playing Barlw. Slowness, floaty physics, autosnap edgegrabbing, auto-tethering, non-existent hitstun...I honestly felt like I could do more in Melee's engine than in Brawl's. To each their own, I guess.

I'll agree that L-canceling is a silly mechanic; it's a fun little nudge towards advanced play, sure, but it doesn't have to be there in order to promote that sorta gameplay. I think autocanceling certain moves (mostly akin to Brawl, but Melee has it to a lesser extent) makes a lot more sense to me.

(Also, I love how you unabashedly troll the living hell outta people that prefer Melee over Brawl, Oasis. Cookies for you. )

Yeah. But Brawl is garbage. I would rather have everyone in the game have some viable than having a ridiculous dash attack cancelled usmash that slides across the whole stage, jab/laser locks, dumb cg's and grab releases. Melee seemed fairly fluid to me. Maybe your hands just aren't fast enough. A lot of people I know can't even short hop with Fox in Melee; **** happens.
To be fair, EPF, Melee has its own fair share of bull**** (Space Animals, highly disadvantageous CGs on certain characters, etc). Smash in general is a pretty broken ass game when you get down to brass tacks.

Smooth Criminal

"Your hands just aren't fast enough" isn't a very compelling argument for Melee being better designed.

Though I agree, keeping momentum when jumping would feel much more natural, I can at least understand why they wouldn't go with that. Some characters wouldn't have enough momentum to begin with, and others would have just too much.

Anyway so yeah basically Brawl is the best game ever created and it's nap time.

Nah i'm serious, sometimes peoples hands are dexterous enough to do some of those things. Some people get carpel tunnel from playing games super fast. Not saying it makes it better, just stating that it an actual barrier for some.

lol, well we're each entitled t our own opinion, it could have been an incredible game until Nintendo reps narked on us for all the stuff we discovered in the demo that were melee related during the E For All Demo in 2007. L-cancel, wavedash, dash dance, crouch cancel, decent hitstun, different move properties etc were all there, but Sakurai deliberately removed them. Could you imagine Melee techs in a clean fluid engine? Well...we had that, and I got to try that, now I can't help but wonder what could have been. Oh well. Night man.

@Smooth: Yeath no doubt. The edge roll thing, shine gimps, non cancelable meteors, that **** does suck really.

"Fingers cant stay still" lmao Oasis you're a funny motha****er haha

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Conclusion: both Melee and Brawl have their issues.

I like Melee for the gameplay. But get bored by the characters and content.

I like Brawl for the characters and content. But get bored by the gameplay.

Demna

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1478-4225-1103
Well let me open a forbidden door here...
Brawl is too simplistic compared to Melee, a statement which I do not believe. What do you have to say Melee players? What do you have to say brawl players?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
Which is what Sakurai plans on doing with Smash 4.

I never said Brawl was simplistic. I said I felt it was limited. Big difference there, Demna.

Smooth Criminal

Lmaoooooo. One of my inspirations for playing in Sheik in competitive Melee was Drephen. Video makes me laugh every single time.

Smooth Criminal
Duuuuude same here. I modled how I play Sheik after that guy lol. Still my favorite Melee video, and Gina G just makes it 20x better.

On that note, it's 4 in the morning, so im taking my ass to bed. peace,.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Is impa that one tall chick in Skyward Sword? I like Sheik, but part of me wants some tall stuff.

The other part of me just wants this.

Yes Impa is Mrs. Tall Chick from Skyward Sword.

And I watched that video expecting a Sheik only doing chaingrabs / grab combos. But I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't that.

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman
Ike and Lucas should definitely return. Lucario would be a nice bonus given they'd get rid of his damn gimmick.

I doubt about the return of Ike, because I prefer see Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening instead of Ike. Not to be rude, but also in my opinion Ike and Lucas are likely old news for Smash Bros. Just about the fact that Lucario is from the 4th generation, Lucario will be replaced by a populair pokemon of some new stuff and media and atleast it doesn't make sence to bring him back in the next Smash Bros. (Sorry, but I'm for some new news, media and stuff)

O'kaz A1

Smash Journeyman

I doubt about the return of Ike, because I prefer see Chrom from Fire Emblem Awakening instead of Ike. Not to be rude, but also in my opinion Ike and Lucas are likely old news for Smash Bros. Just about the fact that Lucario is from the 4th generation, Lucario will be replaced by a populair pokemon of some new stuff and media and atleast it doesn't make sence to bring him back in the next Smash Bros. (Sorry, but I'm for some new news, media and stuff)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I'd only accept this if we get a Impa replacement for Sheik.

Cause it makes NO sence at all replacing Ike, but not Sheik.

Just sayin'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom