• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think this new picture should raise up the conversation about Chrom in Smash

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wonder if this means that we'll get a veteran or newcomer update soon.
Have all the stages been showcased in the daily pics?
We haven't seen one with the Mario 3D Land or the New Super Mario Bros stage.

Likewise, we haven't gotten one of Gerudo Valley.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Yoshi should be shown next.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yoshi should be shown next.

I'm gonna agree here. In terms of Vets I think Yoshi is the best to show next. Him, then Diddy or Olimar, and Peach or Zelda.

In terms of newcomers, I want my mother****ing Little Mac already.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Logically, I would think Yoshi since he's all that's missing from the original (starting) 8.

Trying to be hopeful, would hope we get confirmation of Zero Suit Samus, since they already showed Samus still has Zero Laser as a Final Smash.

Then the pessimist in me says we'll get a Fire Emblem rep.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Then the pessimist in me says we'll get a Fire Emblem rep.

Well, at the very least it would shut down some of the FE discussion about removing whatever character it is (Ike or Marth) in favor of another. Or would it only start more...hmm... :confused:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
For a newcomer, I want to see Bowser Jr. That's assuming only 1 newcomer would be revealed soon. If they show any more newcomers prior to January, it'll likely only be 1 newcomer. I suspect if there was a major character reveal in January or sometime after, they would reveal at least 2, or at most 3.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I'd expect another one of the original 12 to be shown, though it's likely Yoshi would be next.

Newcomers? Palutena as always. <3

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, at the very least it would shut down some of the FE discussion about removing whatever character it is (Ike or Marth) in favor of another. Or would it only start more...hmm... :confused:
No it wouldn't. In fact, it would have the opposite effect. Fire Emblem discussion would implode on itself.

I'm scared just thinking about it.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
I think this new picture should raise up the conversation about Chrom in Smash
I thought it already did back around the first week. I heard some people thinking that Chrom/Lucina/Avatar has better chances now.

Which veteran do what to see next? I wanna see Wario.
I'm interested in seeing Wario. He was one of my favorite newcomers from Brawl.

Personally, I don't want any of his moves replaced, especially not his Wario Bike and Wario Waft.
He already has his signature shoulder tackle from the Wario Land games as a side smash... Maybe make it slide/charge Wario forward and give it a more unique property?

What would be interesting is if he had a rare gimmick -- the transformations from the Wario Land series.

For example, if he got hit with a fire attack, there'd be a very small (around 0.05) chance that he'd turn into flaming Wario and run around. He'd still be controllable, but he'd turn into a fireball after a few seconds and damage opponents he touches.

He could turn into Firey Wario, Frozen Wario, Shocked Wario, Puffy Wario, Spring Wario, or Flat Wario depending on what moves he was hit by.
They'd work just like in the games, but last a shorter time as not to disturb the fight too much. (Puffy Wario and Flat Wario would now eventually wear off by themselves, unlike in the games)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I thought it already did back around the first week. I heard some people thinking that Chrom/Lucina/Avatar has better chances now.

I'd like to see Wario.

Personally, I don't want any of his moves replaced, especially not his Wario Bike and Wario Waft.
He already has his shoulder tackle from the Wario Land games as a side smash... Maybe make it slide/charge Wario forward and give it a more unique property?

What would be interesting is if he had a rare gimmick -- the transformations from the Wario Land series.

For example, if he got hit with a fire attack, there'd be a very small (around 0.05) chance that he'd turn into flaming Wario and run around. He'd still be controllable, but he'd turn into a fireball after a few seconds and damage opponents he touches.

He could turn into Firey Wario, Frozen Wario, Shocked Wario, Puffy Wario, Spring Wario, or Flat Wario depending on what moves he was hit by. They'd work just like in the games, but last a shorter time as not to disturb the fight too much.
That would be a neat little feature. I just hope there aren't any attacks that would turn him into Crazy Wario... (or as it's known in Japan Drunk Wario...)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The whole time travel aspect Lucina adds to the game is stupid.

I say no to Lucina

Bowserlick

Smash Hero

I'm interested in seeing Wario.

He already has his signature shoulder tackle from the Wario Land games as a side smash... Maybe make it slide/charge Wario forward and give it a more unique property?

He could turn into Firey Wario, Frozen Wario, Shocked Wario, Puffy Wario, Spring Wario, or Flat Wario depending on what moves he was hit by. They'd work just like in the games, but last a shorter time as not to disturb the fight too much.
I love his bike. The waft could perhaps benefit from being on a faster charge with slightly less power. Eating items could speed up his waft.

His Down Smash could use some work.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'd like it if Wario World got some more love in his moveset. Needs Piledriver as down throw, at the very least.
What if his forward and backward throw were more like the Wild Swing Ding, in that it could be controlled to allow you to move while using it, and would allow you to control how long it's used? Also it deals decent knockback to anyone hit by the character Wario is swinging. I'd like for that to happen.

HarryTheChin

Smash Ace
I have a feeling we will have a character update exactly one month from the last MAJOR update which was 6/11/13

Therefore, 7/11/13

National 7/11 day! FREE ICEES inb4 Ice Climbers!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think that would be a little bit broken, unless it was done in similar fashion to DK's Forward Throw. I actually originally had the idea as an aerial grab 'replacing' his Neutral B (similar to Bowser's Flying Slam). Wario's Bite would have the Hyper Suction ability (retains eating items), but the second grabs hold of someone, you could choose between his 3 "Mad Moves," consisting of the aforementioned Piledriver (Downward input), Swing-Ding (either side input) and Power Throw (Upward input). I nixed the idea because of too many similarities to other characters (Kirby/Dedede Neutral B, Bowser's Side B, DK's Forward Throw, etc.) and because I figured they'd want to keep his current specials.

Also needs F-Smash follow-up involving the Corkscrew Conk, similar to Link's F-Smash.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think Yoshi should be shown next.

(But a part of me thinks that they should show Lucario, Lucas or Ike before the obvious returning veterans just to shut up their detractors).

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd be all for those 3 not returning/

ROB for next reveal

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Ike and Lucas should definitely return. Lucario would be a nice bonus given they'd get rid of his damn gimmick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom