• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I'm not really a Pac-Man fan and between him and Lloyd, I'd prefer Lloyd since he would have an interesting moveset and abilities, but let's be realistic, Pac-Man is much, MUCH more recognizable than Lloyd will ever be and Sakurai would choose Pac-Man over Lloyd.

And let's not forget that Namco is trying to revive the Pac-Man brand for the new generation. What better way to reinforce that other than a guest appearance in Smash Bros.?

Kellz

Smash Cadet
NNID
MissKellyAesop
3DS FC
2466-4507-1948
Roy has been my favorite character in like anything ever and if he doesn't make it again I am going to commit sudoku and CRY.
:roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee:

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Considering Sakurai's criteria for third parties, what other Namco Bandai character would fit?
The only other classic character that can be considered iconic, has appeared on an Nintendo console and belongs to Namco would have to be Dig-Dug. Some people might be able to make an argument for a Mishima, Cervantes or Lloyd but they're not the company's faces and nobody sees them as such.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Is Pac Daddy gonna have to smack a *****? As you can see, my man is an OG to the game:

[collapse="dat cane doe"]
[/collapse]

And therefore deserves his respect

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
NEVER! I USE FALCON'S CREST!

Adding Lloyd to Smash Brothers would be like Nintendo going down Playstation Allstars alley and just adding anyone. Nintendo's better than that. There's much more of a rich history to pick from before we resort to Lloyd and other characters that get thrown around this board.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Roy has been my favorite character in like anything ever and if he doesn't make it again I am going to commit sudoku and CRY.
:roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee::roymelee:
[collapse="Fine then..."]
[/collapse]

The only other classic character that can be considered iconic, has appeared on an Nintendo console and belongs to Namco would have to be Dig-Dug. Some people might be able to make an argument for a Mishima, Cervantes or Lloyd but they're not the company's faces and nobody sees them as such.
I don't think Dig Dug has the same level of recognition as Pac-Man. You see, I have never heard of him until very recently. (Could be my own bias, but whatever.)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No Pac-Man or Mii?

Kewl.

No Little Mac?

T.T

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
I don't think Dig Dug has the same level of recognition as Pac-Man. You see, I have never heard of him until very recently. (Could be my own bias, but whatever.)
Dig-Dug and KOF98 (because Mexico) cabinets were always the ones with a line at the arcades when I was little. Also, Dig-Dug (and Galaga) seem to have a bit of a cult following here in Southern California. I'm aware DD is not a household name like Pac-Man but that's the other character I'd have to toss it to (or maybe Cervantes) since Namco's repertoire is limited in standout characters.

Also, I'll admit that I'm biased towards DD since I've been seeing him around for a while; though not very often.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So guys....

You think the leak was just told a bunch of new characters and not necessarily the ones shown at E3? Or just added his own characters to the leak?

augustoflores

Smash Hero
NNID
augustoflores
3DS FC
4828-5782-2252
Switch FC
SW-2867-0942-2202
I know i just got back here, so you guys must have talked about this cause you guys always do this the instant it happens but... Tripping is gone... we won.

also, i just played Bayonetta 2... they took away my taunting ability... T___T i dont even care about using my big hair fists, i could combo hard without them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom