• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Exactly, another playable role in an A-list Mario game that will no doubt sell millions added to his already impressive resume. It's like I said before, Nintendo is starting to give Toad more attention... maybe we might even have a Year of Toad in 2015 (30th anniversary) or even 2025 (40th anniversary).
I get what you're saying, but I don't agree.

Not trying to offend you here, but I really don't think this argument will go anywhere given the last 2-3 times where similar arguments have come up with the NSMB series, so I'm just going to drop it before this turns into another ugly Mario debate.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Don't you guys think that if Toad was playable, he would have already been revealed by now? What more recognizable potential newcomer is there than Toad? I could be totally out of bounds here, but it seems like they're kicking off their promotion with all of the mass appeal characters.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Oh, god, that actually makes sense...
IF Duck Hunt Dog gets in SSB4 as a playable character, I think there would be Duck Hunt Dog memes similar to Psycho Villager where the dog laughs while he is attacking characters. Remember, I always said that the dog is crazy enough to laugh at the people who are pointing guns at him.

D

Deleted member

Don't you guys think that if Toad was playable, he would have already been revealed by now? What more recognizable potential newcomer is there than Toad? I could be totally out of bounds here, but it seems like they're kicking off their promotion with all of the mass appeal characters.
Wii Fit Trainer was a recognizable potential newcomer with mass appeal?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I was really surprised seeing her confirmed. I agree she's EXTREMELY RANDOM but I'm starting to grow on her. She's not making me want the games less (unless there are countless more unwanted WTF characters being added in the games)

D

Deleted member

Apparently.... since Wii Fit is in 20 million+ homes.
But do the fat women (I'm kidding) that own a Wii Fit play Smash? And if so, did they request the female trainer from Wii Fit as a potential newcomer? :troll:

volbound1700

Smash Master
I still cannot stop laughing about WFT because it is such a troll move and ruined all the predictions on this board. It changed the mood of Smashboards literally. While before if people had crazy picks they were trolled and harassed, now anyways guess is accepted.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
Personally I'd prefer any of the three rumored newcomers over Toad. I'd accept him of course but I feel that those three could provide more to the table and be far more distinct and fun.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Wii Fit Trainer was a recognizable potential newcomer with mass appeal?
Actually, yes. Wii Fit is insanely popular. All of the current Wii players would never recognize K. Rool, or Ridley, or Palutena, or Takamaru. However, Wii Fit Trainer will be recognized by any person who plays Wii Fit. It's the entire parent demographic at the very least. It makes sense that their E3 reveals (the time when the game has the most exposure before release) would be catered to the broadest and most casual audience. The characters that WE want can be revealed later on the Dojo, since anyone who wants those characters will be plugged into updates and will see it anyway.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I still cannot stop laughing about WFT because it is such a troll move and ruined all the predictions on this board. It changed the mood of Smashboards literally. While before if people had crazy picks they were trolled and harassed, now anyways guess is accepted.
That's right. Villager and Wii Fit Trainer teamed up and debunked the "too peaceful", the "lack of name", and the "lack of moveset potential" arguments.

Duck Hunt Dog for Smash!

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
At this point, I feel like there's nobody who has less of a chance ever since Villager and WFT showed up.

On that note, I'm expecting the next newcomer announced to be DIHSO. :troll:

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
At this point, I feel like there's nobody who has less of a chance ever since Villager and WFT showed up.

On that note, I'm expecting the next newcomer announced to be DIHSO. :troll:
Daisy has enough moveset potential to be a semi-clone at least. Possibly as a whole unique character, even without the striker suit. Crystal Smash!

Also, if she gets a stage, it MUST be from Super Mario Land. No exceptions.

Donghae

Smash Apprentice
Daisy has enough moveset potential to be a semi-clone at least. Possibly as a whole unique character, even without the striker suit. Crystal Smash!

Also, if she gets a stage, it MUST be from Super Mario Land. No exceptions.
maybe Daisy replaces peach

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I still have yet to wonder why these people on the thread are portraying the villager as a complete murderer...
You'd be surprised bout how much pics of the Villager that I've seen on Pixiv. Most of said pics have one or more of the following:
1: The picture is bloody
2: It shows the Villager with the axe (this is most common iirc)
3: It shows him killing Mario

Tbh, it is kinda disturbing, and it hasn't even been 2 days yet.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I doubt it because by that logic, a lot of characters should have been revealed by now

I think they're just taking a more conservative approach at revealing characters this time around

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Actually, yes. Wii Fit is insanely popular. All of the current Wii players would never recognize K. Rool, or Ridley, or Palutena, or Takamaru. However, Wii Fit Trainer will be recognized by any person who plays Wii Fit. It's the entire parent demographic at the very least. It makes sense that their E3 reveals (the time when the game has the most exposure before release) would be catered to the broadest and most casual audience. The characters that WE want can be revealed later on the Dojo, since anyone who wants those characters will be plugged into updates and will see it anyway.
Fun fact: The Wii fit series has outsold the mega man series and the Kirby series. One Wii fit game alone outsold the metroid series and the star fox series.

I'm not implying numbers should be the deciding factor just saying its worth noting.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
Y'know, I remember back then I was like, "Man, maybe Sakurai didn't want to add in the Villager as people might be misunderstood about the series. People might get the worng impression of the Villager as he comes from a peaceful and innocent game, versus Smash which is a fighting game."

And now look at all the memes around the Villager.

If Sakurai was thinking something along those lines during Brawl's development, well, I can't say he was wrong then.

Poor Villy (Villy? Is that a good nickname? Or maybe Willy? Ahh little Willy, Willy~ Cute. Or Vil? Ville? idk). He was so innocent. Then again, AC isn't as innocent as some people might think it is. With all the theories going on, it's actually kinda disturbing. Sooo, actually, I think his murderous persona is quite fitting. I'm starting to like it. :evil:

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
Fun fact: The Wii fit series has outsold the mega man series and the Kirby series. One Wii fit game alone outsold the metroid series and the star fox series.

I'm not implying numbers should be the deciding factor just saying its worth noting.
Damn, the heat is on.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
It wont bother me as long as Mii isn't included as well. As you said I would classify her as a smash bros WTF character, 2 are not needed.
Mii wouldn't exactly be WTF now. Would he?

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I think the Mii would be a WTF now only because the Villager is very similar, using varied not-meant-for-combat objects and utilizing things from other games (such as the Balloon Fight stuff).

But compared to the WFT, the Mii wouldn't be WTF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom