• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Super Smash Bros 4 (Wii U/3DS) Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Entirely likely but it'd be a nice way to end said year, I think.
True but I think it's a given he'll be there anyway, along with the rest of the original 12.

Not having Luigi would receive the biggest backlash coil Nintendo has ever seen lol.

Not really but it'd still be messed up. :p

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
True but I think it's a given he'll be there anyway, along with the rest of the original 12.

Not having Luigi would receive the biggest backlash coil Nintendo has ever seen lol.

Not really but it'd still be messed up. :p
No, I know he'll be in. But it'd be nice to announce that during the Year of Luigi.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
I call her Miss Fit because she's so misfit in SSB.

Can go number of ways. (-`A`-)
I don't know what you mean by the last bit but she's pretty well-accepted now in the Smash community, save for some whiny children who think it means we won't get the likes of Lil Mac, Takamaru, Ridley, Plautena etc because of Wii Fit Trainer.

She fits the universe very well. I'd rather have her than not at this stage.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Because someone was going to bring it up to me eventually, so I wanted to get that detail out of the way.

Granted, I still want Takamaru and will still defend that choice, but desperation is stupid.
Desperate? Me? Not really. I'm not desperate for characters.

I just found curious that Sakurai mentioned that Pit, Link and Samus were all "born" in 1986 for no apparent reason and, because of that, I was reminded of Takamaru, since he is from the same year.

It was merely an observation. It's obvious that the fact that Sakurai mentioned those three characters as being from games released in 1986 doesn't imply that Takamaru is in the game.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
It is a little annoying that the more obvious shorthand "Trainer" was taking by Mister Pokemon over there. Miss Fit is pretty darn endearing though. You guys are so clever.

ANOTHER ANNOYING THING ABOUT HER: her silhouette is extremely similar to Zamus. Her animations and color scheme set her apart just fine, but still. Dang ponytail.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Psyniac: I dunno man, but she still looks out of place between big list of recognizable Nintendo-characters to me after being such a long-time fan of Smash Bros.
Not really a "Nintendo-All Star" in my book either, I mean she was just added because none wanted/expected her.

Kinda reminds me of Parodius having "Koitsu" (stickman flying on an aeroplane, and has big amounts of weird charm.)

So yeah, Miss Fit.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
It is a little annoying that the more obvious shorthand "Trainer" was taking by Mister Pokemon over there. Miss Fit is pretty darn endearing though. You guys are so clever.

ANOTHER ANNOYING THING ABOUT HER: her silhouette is extremely similar to Zamus. Her animations and color scheme set her apart just fine, but still. Dang ponytail.
Yeah. I guess Kirby now has a choice between two different coloured ponytail hats.

Psyniac: I dunno man, but she still looks out of place between big list of recognizable Nintendo-characters to me after being such a long-time fan of Smash Bros.
Not really a "Nintendo-All Star" in my book either, I mean she was just added because none wanted/expected her..
She was added because she represents Wii Fit, one of Nintendo's biggest selling games of all time and is a great mascot for the Wii and that part of Nintendo's history.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Psyniac: I dunno man, but she still looks out of place between big list of recognizable Nintendo-characters. Not really a "Nintendo-All Star" in my book.

So yeah, Miss Fit.
It's a WTF character resulting from Sakurai's sense of humor. Not exactly an All-Star, but she comes from a game that sold over 20 million copies anyway.

And it's not like she's "taking the place" for a another character. Sakurai could have very well decided the roster and... added her in the end for the lulz.

Wait till you see Metal Wii Fit Trainer. :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ah come on now, are making me force to drop that name for her? Sorry, I'm just too attached to it now.

Besides who here even thought she could be a character...

Psyniac: Mii could have done this even better than her IMO.

I wonder though, will the roster now gear itself more to casuals than hardcores (Assuming we get Little Mac and Mega-Man as highly requested characters from Nintendo's core base)

D

Deleted member

In-N-Out is God's burger of choice. Your move, 5 Guys and Steak&Shake.

People have been asking for him for a while so why not!? :laugh:

*Kerplunk*
You seem coherent enough on you ammount of sleep so I think I'll be alright. ;)

This post gave me a bit of feels but I think I'm better for the experiences and stuff.

EDIT: Did anything juicy come up in the last 10-15 pages while I was out?

In 'n' Out is my all time favorite burger joint. Every time I'm California-bound I make sure to get some burgers from their secret menu. Man, I miss the West Coast so much...

Also, no, nothing juicy cropped up afaik. People are too shy to talk about their emotions and stuff. Guess I'm the only idiot around here who can keep no secrets about himself. Hahahahaha.

Frost mentioned Pit, Samus, and Link being shown off as characters "born" in 1986 as some sort of foreshadowing of Takamaru's inclusion, but to me that's just naive thinking. I know I am the forerunner for Takamaru support, but latching onto vague hints that are probably not there is just begging for problems.
This so much. It's like when you really like a girl, and start to overanalyze every word she utters to you in hopes of finding a hint of her liking you or not, when it ultimately shouldn't even be a thing on your mind (the aloof and oblivious approach is much better anyway). Takamaru confrimed for unrequited love, and Sakurai is a bad girlfriend. HAHAHAHAHA

See, videogames CAN indeed teach you about real life.

And they said nothing good would come of those Japanese Brain machines.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I wonder when that rumored second round of newcomers will happen. They were supposed to happen for E3, but today is the final day. Its possible Sakurai could still do it on Friday, but after that, we probably won't see any new characters for a while.

Personally in terms of newcomers, Smash 4's first set of newcomers paled in comparison to Melee's (Bowser, Peach, Sheik, Ice Climbers) and Brawl's (Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus Snake).

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
This so much. It's like when you really like a girl, and start to overanalyze every word she utters to you in hopes of finding a hint of her liking you or not, when it ultimately shouldn't even be a thing on your mind (the aloof and oblivious approach is much better anyway).
Haha I know this feel all too well

I was like this all the time back in like 9th grade

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
I wonder when that rumored second round of newcomers will happen. They were supposed to happen for E3, but today is the final day. Its possible Sakurai could still do it on Friday, but after that, we probably won't see any new characters for a while.

Personally in terms of newcomers, Smash 4's first set of newcomers paled in comparison to Melee's (Bowser, Peach, Sheik, Ice Climbers) and Brawl's (Wario, Pit, Meta Knight, Zero Suit Samus Snake).
If we don't see them this week, it is possible we will see them down the line as one of the first SSB4 Dojo updates.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
If the second round of newcomers doesn't happen today, we need to stop treating that rumor as true. If we let any rumor that fails to come true off the hook because it has "credible sources" we'll be buying into a whole lot of bull**** by the end of this thing.

I do agree that the newcomers don't quite stack up, but they're damn close for me. Mega Man's just that awesome.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Just wanted to bring this up again since most people are awake now.
I was just watching IGN's Rewind Theater and I noticed something very interesting. Look at about 1:20 where Samus FTilt's Bowser. She instantly transitions into her FSmash and immediately hits Donkey Kong. Could this be a sign of canceling moves now?
I still think the transition is far too quick to be reduced recovery on her FTilt and reduced startup on her FSmash.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Paled in comparison? Because the crazy characters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer actually got in SSB4 before the conservative choices like Ridley, Mewtwo, and Roy? :troll: Seriously, it is ironic that the hype for least-wanted characters from casual games is overshadowing the hype for THE most-wanted character for SSB4. :smirk:

Trolling aside, what do you think of Toad and Dixie Kong's chances for getting in SSB4? I think they might be more likely because of Super Mario 3D World (which is totally based off Super Mario Bros. 2) and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Just how many more playable roles do the Toad species need in the post-Brawl main Mario games to be considered the most likely Mario newcomer despite his low vote count in Shortie's polls?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I've gotta say, after watching the trailer a few times, I'm glad the "theme" of Smash 4 is void of any lyrics. Brawl's theme just got annoying because you heard it everywhere, but this one I can manage.

TheTuninator

Smash Champion
Paled in comparison? Because the crazy characters like Villager and Wii Fit Trainer actually got in SSB4 before the conservative choices like Ridley, Mewtwo, and Roy? :troll: Seriously, it is ironic that the hype for least-wanted characters from casual games is overshadowing the hype for THE most-wanted character for SSB4. :smirk:

Trolling aside, what do you think of Toad and Dixie Kong's chances for getting in SSB4? I think they might be more likely because of Super Mario 3D World (which is totally based off Super Mario Bros. 2) and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Just how many more playable roles do the Toad species need in the post-Brawl main Mario games to be considered the most likely Mario newcomer despite his low vote count in Shortie's polls?
I really doubt Toad has a prayer. While Peach's down-B can easily be changed, the fact that Toad is a move in two games to date speaks volumes about how Sakurai views Toad: as Peach's servant and not a worthy independent character. I'm also not sure what about Toad would scream out for the character's inclusion to him compared to other choices.

Donkey Kong is very likely to get another rep due to the recent and upcoming DKC releases. Dixie has good chances, but I'd personally bet on a villain over her, as Smash needs some more villains and Sakurai does like adding them for series that get three or more reps (Mario, Starfox, Zelda, Kirby, etc).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I really doubt Toad has a prayer. While Peach's down-B can easily be changed, the fact that Toad is a move in two games to date speaks volumes about how Sakurai views Toad: as Peach's servant and not a worthy independent character. I'm also not sure what about Toad would scream out for the character's inclusion to him compared to other choices.

Easy sollution:

It's Peach's Neutral B btw. Down B is the turpin pull. Which Toad can also easily use, but perhaps with different properties.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

Donkey Kong is very likely to get another rep due to the recent and upcoming DKC releases. Dixie has good chances, but I'd personally bet on a villain over her, as Smash needs some more villains and Sakurai does like adding them for series that get three or more reps (Mario, Starfox, Zelda, Kirby, etc).
That was then. This is now.

Pre-Brawl, the Toad species only had one playable role in the main Mario series (SMB2) and countless playable roles in sports/party spin-off games.

Post-Brawl, the Toad species now have at least four playable roles in the main Mario series (NSMBWii, NSMBU, NSLU, and SM3DW) on top of SMB2 and sports/party spin-off games.

It is almost like if Nintendo is trying to change Toad's image by making the Toad species as capable as Mario and Luigi in the eyes of the new generation of gamers who grew up with the Wii as opposed to the gamers who grew up with the NES and SNES.

Oh, and Sakurai is capable of changing his mind. Pre-Brawl, he said Villager wouldn't work in Smash and look how that turned out.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Still think its strange about how quiet Sakurai has been about Smash 4 even during E3. There have been no interviews with the guy, and he has not revealed any new information since Tuesday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Toad is a frickin' beast. And besides, Mario series could use a lightweight character I feel.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Big damn beast indeed. Speedy character with high power? And with small size? Ouch.

I'd love to see him really, been digging him since time I played SMB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom